Lilith HTBF
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 47 48 49
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2020-11-10 12:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason I thought my decent leaden totally sucked on phase 2, but I'll try again. In hindsight my absorb tp set was all fast cast cause phase 1 didnt need macc. But I'll recheck my macc and try again. Probably easier than building a SMN i wouldn't use elsewhere. Thanks!
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-11-10 15:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phase 2 Lilith has a 20% resistance rank to darkness, which is extremely high. Darkness SCs hit her ice resistance (which is still pretty high at 50%, but a lot better than darkness).
 Valefor.Munshun
Server: Valefor
user: marcosens
By Valefor.Munshun 2020-11-11 16:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2020-11-19 05:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was previously using a FC set for Absorb TP, but I switched to a pretty decent macc set for GEO (capped skill) and was still unable to land Absorb TP on phase 2. I added Idris bolstered indi focus and SV Dark Threnody 2 and she still fully resisted Absorb-TP multiple times. I gave up and switched buffs. Especially for normal I feel like if it could land, it would've, esp on normal. With SB 1/2 at 70 and her hitting for 0, it works out anyway.

Regarding the HP absorption, I think they went over before how any dark damage is basically a full heal. I hit the wrong macro and did leaden and she jumped from 15%ish to 100 :/ Phase 1 ofc
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-11-19 05:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Echohawk said: »
So I was previously using a FC set for Absorb TP, but I switched to a pretty decent macc set for GEO (capped skill) and was still unable to land Absorb TP on phase 2. I added Idris bolstered indi focus and SV Dark Threnody 2 and she still fully resisted Absorb-TP multiple times. I gave up and switched buffs. Especially for normal I feel like if it could land, it would've, esp on normal. With SB 1/2 at 70 and her hitting for 0, it works out anyway.

Regarding the HP absorption, I think they went over before how any dark damage is basically a full heal. I hit the wrong macro and did leaden and she jumped from 15%ish to 100 :/ Phase 1 ofc

Yup, this is the nature of inherent difficulty when developers create content for gamers. Nothing has to be inherently fair and if one job during testing is too strong or has a useful gimmick, it can be nerfed for no real reason other than "difficulty" or "balance"
 Cerberus.Echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2020-11-19 06:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Cerberus.Echohawk said: »

Yup, this is the nature of inherent difficulty when developers create content for gamers. Nothing has to be inherently fair and if one job during testing is too strong or has a useful gimmick, it can be nerfed for no real reason other than "difficulty" or "balance"

I think the light/dark mechanic is kinda cool. I believe ppl were reporting Phase 1 is so susceptible to dark debuffs that things like pup/rdm can land dispel easily. I imagine most/all light debuffs land easily on Phase 2 as well, not that there are many to use.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-11-28 22:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For VD Lilith, utilizing the split party design, what should the off-group, for handling the adds, generally look like?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-28 22:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Way back when we did wardens, we used RUN or PLD to hold Lilith + Adds (outside circle) while THF + COR Savage Bladed down the circle. Then, the COR would shoot the warden and THF would run in to add complementary damage. Have also used a MNK to hold the spitewardens in a corner while the main tank held lilith and the other wardens, but it's kinda rough. Things can get a little dangerous since they like to skillchain, and having multiple up means WHM has to severely split focus to keep people alive. So having a good healer is essential. And positioning the rest of your party away from Lilith AOE but also not on the border of the arena or near any wardens is crucial. You also have to be careful not to feed lilith any TP either, since she will keep spawning annoying halos and corrupt the whole battlefield.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-11-28 22:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Way back when we did wardens, we used RUN or PLD to hold Lilith + Adds (outside circle) while THF + COR Savage Bladed down the circle. Then, the COR would shoot the warden and THF would run in to add complementary damage. Have also used a MNK to hold the spitewardens in a corner while the main tank held lilith and the other wardens, but it's kinda rough. Things can get a little dangerous since they like to skillchain, and having multiple up means WHM has to severely split focus to keep people alive. So having a good healer is essential. And positioning the rest of your party away from Lilith AOE but also not on the border of the arena or near any wardens is crucial. You also have to be careful not to feed lilith any TP either, since she will keep spawning annoying halos and corrupt the whole battlefield.
Was this just 4 players, then?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-28 23:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we brought along a RDM to help support, so it was 5+spot. THF COR Tank WHM RDM. PLD didn't have majesty back then, so it's probably easier now. Might be able to drop whm and go another support.
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-12-06 04:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice 1st try from Lilith VE I must be Altana's favor XD
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-12-06 07:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karppa said: »

Nice 1st try from Lilith VE I must be Altana's favor XD

I got body too on first run during first day of the patch. Still getting hands, legs and head took 100+ more tries and lastly feet took couple hundreds more.
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-12-06 07:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice grats! been spammin this almost everyday..recently got 2 drops for my both char..so this inspires spam me more till 5/5 both char.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-12-28 11:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How do people tend to deal with fatal allure solo? Just TA the tank? I've been able to solo her on E on BLU a couple times without a tank trust, but usually what happens is I get stuck in a WS animation and can't turn in time for fatal allure. Dread spikes aren't a problem at all for me.
By SimonSes 2020-12-28 11:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
How do people tend to deal with fatal allure solo? Just TA the tank? I've been able to solo her on E on BLU a couple times without a tank trust, but usually what happens is I get stuck in a WS animation and can't turn in time for fatal allure. Dread spikes aren't a problem at all for me.

Wait for her to TP move and then WS.
Or if you know how to do it, you can click WS and turn around before WS animation starts and you will WS with back against target.

Post deleted by User.
By Taint 2020-12-28 12:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I did most of mine on MNK so I barely ever saw Fatal Allure but just get in the habit of turning when you see her using a TP move.

Spikes and Fatal are the only things that can wipe you with a decent hybrid set.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-12-28 12:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 4/5 malignance and have every weapon/accessory. The only thing I'm missing is the body. On VE I'm at the point where I can kill before she even gets the gyves up, and I could kill her very easily on E except for the charm.

React is a little too close to botting for me so I'll probably either try turning more, TAing the tank, or just sticking with VE until she drops the last piece I don't have.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-12-28 12:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 4/5 malignance and have every weapon/accessory. The only thing I'm missing is the body. On VE I'm at the point where I can kill before she even gets the gyves up, and I could kill her very easily on E except for the charm.

React is a little too close to botting for me so I'll probably either try turning more, TAing the tank, or just sticking with VE until she drops the last piece I don't have.

Ja0wait + react is worse than botting actually, because it let you do something that is impossible with normal game mechanic.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-12-28 12:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean precast fastcast sets are also impossible in the vanilla game lol. I've never used ja0 either, but I've never felt like I needed to.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-12-28 12:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Precast fastcast sets aren't impossible in the vanilla game (other than having separate precasts and midcasts with an an instant cast spell), just more cumbersome, especially if the spell's cast time is <1 second after FC reduction.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-28 12:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Ja0wait + react is worse than botting actually, because it let you do something that is impossible with normal game mechanic.

I mean arguably ja0 should be standard in game already. No comment on react, react is great. If ready moves actually took 2-3 seconds to ready instead of being instant even occasionally it'd be less "necessary". It's a little obnoxious clearly being turned but still getting gazed anyway. XI isn't about frame perfect speedruns, it's casual trash.

(and in this one specific battle anchor is "ok" there's no wall to use and the knockback is "excessive" tp moves, yeah, every single melee attack, ohellno)
By SimonSes 2020-12-28 12:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean precast fastcast sets are also impossible in the vanilla game lol. I've never used ja0 either, but I've never felt like I needed to.

More like midcast sets are impossible if you use fast cast precast set on spells that has final casting time shorter than 1 sec :P Anyway you are right it's totally subjective, that I have no problem accepting one form of automation or game aleration, but not other. The biggest problem I have with DNC for example is that it's whole SP zerg potential is based on the fact that with windower you can WS without engaging.
By SimonSes 2020-12-28 12:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
(and in this one specific battle anchor is "ok" there's no wall to use and the knockback is "excessive" tp moves, yeah, every single melee attack, ohellno)

There is a reason knockback reduction items exist.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-12-28 12:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe rejecting stuff like EF and CP, but not gearswap is in some way inconsistent, but generally I'd like to avoid anything where my character is being moved or performing actions on it's own. It's not a black and white thing so I guess I just end up making decisions based on how I feel (I don't use anchor either).

It does feel like they amalgamated all the game's most annoying mechanics into one fight though.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-28 12:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's missing gearstrip, but pretty close to every annoyance in one. It ticks every box except gear removal, which they've mostly gotten rid of to be fair.

Post deleted by User.
By Taint 2020-12-28 13:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Memes said: »
Taint said: »
I did most of mine on MNK so I barely ever saw Fatal Allure but just get in the habit of turning when you see her using a TP move.

Spikes and Fatal are the only things that can wipe you with a decent hybrid set.
I don't understand why people say they never see TP moves on MNK on Lilith. Even with Chi+Shijin I see tons of TP moves, as if nothing has been done to her.

My MNK is very well geared. I see 1-2 TP moves if Th9 procs from the first SA. If it doesn’t I turn around on MNK and proc on THF then kill.

Chi and Shijin cripple her TP moves and she’s dead in 3-4 WSs.
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 47 48 49