Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Lilith HTBF
Lilith HTBF
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 47 48 49
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-02 15:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This BC/wait time has actually accommodated my playstyle in a weird way, given my current family dynamic. If these drops were limited to D/VD in a group content with constant attention, I would never have gotten 4/5 armor and weapons/accessory as fast as I have. The wait sucks if you're really wanting to do this fight in your only allowable play time. Otherwise, it's painless (and really productive elsewhere) to queue, afk, come back for a quick kill, repeat, then reset merits on another occasion (like a 30min swart farm).

Crazy how people can multitask right?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-10-02 15:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

gotta admit that something like Discord or Skype make the wait so much more bearable. I was commenting last weekend that our shell should stream the conversations we have during our wait times so the world can enjoy our debates on the superior cheese and cracker combination. It was incredibly heated and wonderfully fierce!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2019-10-02 15:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Man, square really hit the stupidity jackpot getting people to do this bc in excess of 200 times.

Absolutely insane that you're willing to wait in 20+ minute queues and rack up 4+ hours per drop waiting in line. I find that fascinating. I get the adrenaline rush and the dopamine from stuff like omen bodies and why you go a thousand times... but waiting in line, I'd rather staple my ballsack to the floor.

Think this must be some kind of Asura problem... I just walk up and go in the majority of the time. I can get 70 merits farmed and 7 runs completed in about 1.5 hrs. You have to also realize there aren't ANY shout groups for this on non asura server's... so doing it solo is pretty much the only way your going to get it done unless you have a solid LS of players who all just happen to be on and wanting to spam this. So this means if your not on Asura... your often left to spam 200+ runs.

That being said, you find it crazy to do 200 runs... I find it crazy to be on Asura lol

Way to many ppl and way to much waiting for my taste.
[+]
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-02 15:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut is also a bit busy, but nothing awful. Id say the wait is about 10 minutes or so.

The only thing I dislike is the fact that I have that same wait for when I want to do Alex.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-10-02 15:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

There aren't a lot/any shout groups for Lilith because if you're going to try D/VD and kill the spitewardens, you don't want pickups. You want LS members you know you can trust and have seen in action. Otherwise, you might as well just do VE/E.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-02 15:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

~200 runs is really nothing. Took me that many Zitah T3s to get 3 pulse weapons. Took me that many to see 2 Omen bodies and win only 1. How many AMAN trove runs would it take to see a full set 5 Omen bodies? How many Omen runs will give you a full set of +3 Artifact? A VW weapon while using a spam bot? Given the content has only been out 3~ weeks, that's pretty good drop rate and time investment to walk away with a full set and weapons/ear. Not sure why people are acting like this is even comparable to some of the other horrible grinds out there that people willingly do, for a lot less.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-02 16:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
~200 runs is really nothing. Took me that many Zitah T3s to get 3 pulse weapons. Took me that many to see 2 Omen bodies and win only 1. How many AMAN trove runs would it take to see a full set 5 Omen bodies? How many Omen runs will give you a full set of +3 Artifact? A VW weapon while using a spam bot? Given the content has only been out 3~ weeks, that's pretty good drop rate and time investment to walk away with a full set and weapons/ear. Not sure why people are acting like this is even comparable to some of the other horrible grinds out there that people willingly do, for a lot less.

Plus you can do 200 runs as quickly/slowly as you want.

Its not time gated/controlled like Omen.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-02 16:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if THF main makes that big of a difference, but I haven't seen a single armor drop (with TH4) in over 100 E runs (with being 0/5 for about 70 of them, 1/5 for the rest, so not much opportunity of missing a drop due to doubling up).

At least for people without a good THF, getting 5/5 in 200 runs seems ridiculously optimistic.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-02 16:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad luck on your part.

With TH2 (rdm/thf no TH gear) I have gone about 5/50 (pole, earring, earring, body, club)
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-02 16:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It feels like one of those weird things where VE has a higher drop rate than E.

Everyone says theyre doing VE, not E

I did shadowlord for GS... 6/6 on VE... 0/10 on E... like that should be impossible, but nope.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-02 16:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
I don't know if THF main makes that big of a difference, but I haven't seen a single armor drop (with TH4) in over 100 E runs (with being 0/5 for about 70 of them, 1/5 for the rest, so not much opportunity of missing a drop due to doubling up).

At least for people without a good THF, getting 5/5 in 200 runs seems ridiculously optimistic.

Same here. Now I'm starting to wonder if I should swap to VE...
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-02 16:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eternallight said: »
Bad luck on your part.

With TH2 (rdm/thf no TH gear) I have gone about 5/50 (pole, earring, earring, body, club)
That's not really all that much better, given that the armor pieces are far rarer than the other items.

You're basically 1/50 on an armor piece, and especially given the fact that each armor piece you get lowers the chance of you getting a useful armor piece (since if it drops one you already have you get nothing), you're going to take FAR more than 200 runs to get 5/5 armor if your luck stays the same.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-02 16:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe they are "far rarer" given the number of people already 5/5 in the first week, let alone the first month.

It went from a coveted and amazing gear set to an amazing gear set that practically everyone has at this point. (At least insofar as the people I play with/frequently see.)
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-02 16:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done dozens of D runs with 2 Spitewarden kills, and I can tell you that it's pretty common to get triple sword, or double earring + club, or any combination of the non armor pieces, but armor still rarely pops up, and I've never seen more than 1 armor piece in one pool. I've also polled all my friends and linkshell members about their runs (including VDs with 3 spitewarden kills), and they've seen the same. This is even considering the fact that everyone likely has earring for some of the runs (people often toss the sword/club/pole if they don't need it, though, so those generally can drop).

Unless the distribution changes for the worse with higher difficulties for some reason, the armor is definitely much rarer than the non-armor.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-02 16:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe Asura server is unlucky :p
Or Bahamut server is lucky.

Most of the people who are 5/5 that I have asked said they did it in around 250~ runs.

Granted, this is just all from VE spamming.

I don't think I see any D/VD runs on Baha.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-02 17:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Random number generator. Did 6 E runs between last night and this morning on Monk/drk with TH4 and walked away with chapeau, bringing me to 4/5. It's my first and only drop on E though, everything else came from VE solo and one diff for daybreak.

I said it a few days ago to people in game, and I'm going to repeat it: doing spitewarden kills for armor is absolutely abysmal and seems like an annoying waste of time. It's almost ALWAYS the sword, and I have never ever ever ever seen armor load more than once in any run.

So you're just going to be competing with people for that one or two armor drops you get, or you can solo and keep everything you get. It's a grind either way, very silly drop rate on armor, especially with the kill gimmick.

Edit: damn that swipe to text....
 Asura.Elazar
user: Elazar1
By Asura.Elazar 2019-10-02 17:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Weapons far out weight armor drops for no matter which difficulty and I almost always have th11 on if not more. Only seen one body and still no head. And I’ve lost count how many runs I’ve done.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-10-02 18:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Weapons far out weight armor drops for no matter which difficulty

That's the crux of the problem. I went 0/100 on armor drops soloing VE, but I got the earring and all the weapons in that time frame and since I didn't want the sword I threw it away only to get it back again...and again....and again. I've thrown away three swords now and still been handed more, so at this point I'm just holding onto my latest and waiting until I'm done with the fight before tossing it for good. I'm tired of seeing it load.

Quote:

Thief main here, TH 8-10 on every VE run I do. I'm 3/5 on armor after 200+ runs. It's not that I'm not getting drops. I agree with the roughly 1 in 10 drop rate. Just that weapons have such a high preference to load the armor is so damn rare. It's the classic King behemoth versus Pixie issue. Treasure hunter can make the slot load more, but if the game wants to give you another sword you're sore out of luck. 200 runs is highly optimistic. I expect 300-400 before I'm finished, since the last few pieces should statistically take the longest to see amidst a sea of repeat drops.
By tyalangan 2019-10-02 18:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is some actual data in a group of 5 (so items would always land in pool). I wanted to wait for 100 of each but it is pertinent now. This is all with TH8 or more and labeled in the exact order of the drop appearing:

VE -- 7/50 (swordx2,gloves,pole,ear,sword,pole) 14% TH8+
E -- 15/50 (swordx2,body,sword,polex2,sword,pole,ear,hat,earx2,swordx3) 30% TH8+

E is double the drop rate of VE. Seems pretty appropriate to me.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-10-02 18:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems about right, and the drop skew also feels right. You got a total of 22 drops, and of those drops only 3 were armor pieces. You never even saw the legs or feet. Coincidentally those are the 3 pieces I've seen drop myself. You also got 10 swords out of 22 drops. That's just how stupid high the sword load rate is.

I'm convinced that farming this solo is going to be faster than in a group. With the skew HEAVILY favoring weapons so harshly there's really no saving grace in grouping up. You'll just end up having to lot against others whenever the armor drops, and it's friggin rare. Plus, killing spitewardens in a PUG isn't viable. PUGS are gonna wipe far more than not, and wipes are a complete waste of time. It feels better to just solo so you have no competition and know that when the armor finally does drop its yours and yours alone.

I'll be satisfied if I go 300-400 for 5/5. It's not really THAT big of a deal to farm. Just a bit time consuming. But the reward is so worth it.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-02 18:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing E is quite possible for most people with good/very good gear as well (solo that is).

Its also no more annoying than VE/time consuming than VE (as her HP and defenses hardly increase.)

As far as weapons > armor, at least from what I have seen, they seem about twice as likely (maybe closer to 3x as likely if we include earrings) but given the small sample size, it might just be dumb luck. Especially since you only saw one of each armor piece rather than any duplicate armor pieces.
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-10-02 18:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Logical said: »
Absolutely insane that you're willing to wait in 20+ minute queues

Think this must be some kind of Asura problem...

Way to many ppl and way to much waiting for my taste.

I have an alt, I just skillup PUP on it or do whatever else whenever I'm in Lilith line. Usually do homework during those waits as well.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-02 18:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
I'm convinced that farming this solo is going to be faster than in a group. With the skew HEAVILY favoring weapons so harshly there's really no saving grace in grouping up. You'll just end up having to lot against others whenever the armor drops, and it's friggin rare. Plus, killing spitewardens in a PUG isn't viable. PUGS are gonna wipe far more than not, and wipes are a complete waste of time. It feels better to just solo so you have no competition and know that when the armor finally does drop its yours and yours alone.
This is only assuming that everyone is still looking for every armor piece. If everyone has multiple armor pieces, then they can comment only what they're missing, and odds are there won't be a ton of overlap if people try to stay off each others' toes. On the other hand, if you solo, then you are literally wasting any armor drop that you already have.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-02 19:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're on Asura, you also apparently have a massive queue for each run as well. You have a better argument for low difficulties on servers without a wait, where you can get VE or Es in with minimal wait any time you hop online.

If you're capable of making a group of 6 that can clear spitewardens and Lilith on D or VD, I can't see any rational argument for soloing lower difficulties.

Plus, soloing E or VE contributes to the queue issue. As a server, everyone would get more gear quicker if people were more willing to group. Raising the E/VE droprates to the point they did on these was a horrible choice given instance congestion is the way it is.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-02 19:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone can't be dd if they team up. someone has to play whm and no one wants to play whm. (#givethewhmapersonalpool) if a whm got a drop 100% of the time you'd have people begging to group up.

Fact that VD can still drop nothing makes it very unappealing. Really don't know what the thought process was for that, all the old htb have 100% something must drop conditions.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-02 19:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

My impression is that getting nothing after killing spitewardens is pretty much not happening. It's hard without straight data, but it seems like average is around 2 drops on VD with all 3 killed.

You're right about WHM, but so many people have mules that finding 1 in 5 willing to play a WHM mule is not that unlikely. People would just rather spend longer soloing and screw each other over.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-02 19:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It wouldn't be an mmo if you couldn't screw other people over. That's what you pay for. To do it. Or to have it done to you.

That "it's my 12.95" *** is their favorite saying.

If I were doing liliths I would've done the same thing I threatend to do to ambuscade. Take up every instance with a mule and leave them there for the full 30 minutes. and do it over and over and over. That ***would change real fast. No one has the balls to do it though.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-02 20:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone can't be dd if they team up. someone has to play whm and no one wants to play whm. (#givethewhmapersonalpool) if a whm got a drop 100% of the time you'd have people begging to group up.

The only people who offer to play WHM don't how what status effects are lmao.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 47 48 49