Lilith HTBF
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 47 48 49
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-09-19 17:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Dev Post - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55939-Maiden-of-the-Dusk-High-Tier-Battlefield
Maiden of the Dusk - High-Tier Battlefield

Salutations Adventurers!

I’d like to provide a hint regarding the equipment drops from the Maiden of the Dusk high-tier battlefield.

Unlike previously implemented high-tier battlefields, such as July’s Champion of the Dawn, the base drop rate of equipment from this high-tier battlefield has been set higher regardless of the difficulty.
However, as there are various equipment available from the loot, it may feel difficult to obtain the specific equipment you are looking for.

We’ve received feedback discussing this matter, and wanted to inform everyone that there’s actually a way to increase the number of drop slots by fulfilling a certain condition!

There is a mechanic in the Normal difficulty and above that unlocks an additional slot for drops when you fulfill a certain condition. While this doesn’t necessarily guarantee a piece of equipment each time, it does increase the chance for equipment to drop.

Furthermore, challenging the battlefield on the Very Difficult setting has a chance to reward the maximum number of drops. If you feel confident enough to take on the higher difficulties, you’ll have a higher chance of obtaining more equipment there!

Though I can’t go as far as to name the specific mechanic, by this point you may have figured out which mechanic it is. The condition you need to fulfill should also be fairly straightforward.

I hope this hint will assist you in your adventures and obtaining your desired loot!
(But remember, when all else fails, you can always trust in the power of the Ebony Panels! )

I have absolutely no clue about that last bit
 Bahamut.Eternallight
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-19 17:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes, SE really needs to revisit their hints from the AV days, and remember to not be so obscure.
[+]
By malakef 2019-09-19 17:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they just make a joke about old school AV theories?
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-09-19 18:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

*wonders what procs more drops in 5/5, earring, club, sword, and pole after 1 week it was released*
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-19 18:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

malakef said: »
Did they just make a joke about old school AV theories?

They did. Apparently, they have a sense of humor. Could have sworn it was EBON panels, but whatever. They think it's funny to poke fun with cryptic hints about gear drops. People are still going to solo lower difficulties rather than deal with nonsense.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-19 18:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean honestly thats the key take away here. why the *** bother figuring out some cryptic *** when you can just solo VE and get everything.

And it doesn't guarantee a drop, yeah, never gonna give a damn, especially if its something that adds minutes to the fight instead of seconds
[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-09-19 19:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Dev Post - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55939-Maiden-of-the-Dusk-High-Tier-Battlefield
Maiden of the Dusk - High-Tier Battlefield

Salutations Adventurers!

I’d like to provide a hint regarding the equipment drops from the Maiden of the Dusk high-tier battlefield.

Unlike previously implemented high-tier battlefields, such as July’s Champion of the Dawn, the base drop rate of equipment from this high-tier battlefield has been set higher regardless of the difficulty.
However, as there are various equipment available from the loot, it may feel difficult to obtain the specific equipment you are looking for.

We’ve received feedback discussing this matter, and wanted to inform everyone that there’s actually a way to increase the number of drop slots by fulfilling a certain condition!

There is a mechanic in the Normal difficulty and above that unlocks an additional slot for drops when you fulfill a certain condition. While this doesn’t necessarily guarantee a piece of equipment each time, it does increase the chance for equipment to drop.

Furthermore, challenging the battlefield on the Very Difficult setting has a chance to reward the maximum number of drops. If you feel confident enough to take on the higher difficulties, you’ll have a higher chance of obtaining more equipment there!

Though I can’t go as far as to name the specific mechanic, by this point you may have figured out which mechanic it is. The condition you need to fulfill should also be fairly straightforward.

I hope this hint will assist you in your adventures and obtaining your desired loot!
(But remember, when all else fails, you can always trust in the power of the Ebony Panels! )

I have absolutely no clue about that last bit

Cool an english translation of the exact same post from days ago. This new information will really help
 Bismarck.Rwolf
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2019-09-19 20:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird question but is Moonlight Veil an AoE gaze? I was trying to solo Easy on THF and noticed the magic defense down hit me often the first attempt. Then I tried to tank instead and since I was turning for TP moves, 5 times I avoided the defense down when I was turned away.

Could be a weird string of resistance luck but I'm curious if anyone else is getting that.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-09-19 21:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
Weird question but is Moonlight Veil an AoE gaze? I was trying to solo Easy on THF and noticed the magic defense down hit me often the first attempt. Then I tried to tank instead and since I was turning for TP moves, 5 times I avoided the defense down when I was turned away.

Could be a weird string of resistance luck but I'm curious if anyone else is getting that.

Moonlight veil is not gaze based, just aoe damage and Magic Defense down. Be sure to get rid of it quickly as you'll take more damage from her normal auto attacks, even worse so if she follows it up with Impact
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-19 23:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a guess.

We need to do other old AV theories on lilith. LOL
By Aerix 2019-09-20 01:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They said it's a straightforward condition, so you probably just have to kill all Spitewardens.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-09-20 08:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing is, if the condition is killing all the spitewardens it's really not going to do much for your random pickup group. Sure, organized linkshell attempts or a group of friends who know what they're doing and are already well geared that's probably doable. But a pickup? So far I've joined about half a dozen PUGs on D or VD and every one of the VD struggled to kill fast enough WITHOUT the spitewardens (whenever they didn't wipe, which was often). D runs were a bit more forgiving but even then the groups weren't built around killing them and I really question if the wins would have been losses had they tried.

If that does turn out to be the trigger it's still great that they added it. But it's not going to encourage anyone to group up if they're already going the solo rout.
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-09-20 09:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Casually soloing E on PUP with 1/11 droprate. I dunno but it seems like I just have bad luck in D+ groups cause they wipe so much :(
By Chimerawizard 2019-09-20 10:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

what's the better droprate?
VD not killing spritewardens.
N with killing spritewardens.
[+]
 Asura.Korgull
user: Korgull
By Asura.Korgull 2019-09-20 10:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Reporting about 2/10-11 on E, SCH with trusts and THF mule with TH8. Daybreak and Malignance Sword.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-20 11:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It honestly is probably killing all the sprite wardens.

They said its straight forward, and made an AV reference.

One of the old AV theories was "killing all the other NMs"
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-09-20 13:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

We killed Aquila and Larzos (VD).
[+]
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-20 14:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

huh... thats three drops though.

I wonder if its +1 drop slot PER warden killed.
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Server: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2019-09-20 14:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »

Which fetters did you kill (i.e. which phase did you actually let use a TP move)?
By Artsncrafts 2019-09-20 15:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Still no armor drops :p
By Mrgrim 2019-09-20 15:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh so it was Killing the spitewardens then. Nice! also lol at those drops, damn swords drop like candy
 Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2019-09-20 18:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The hell, how do you kill them? lol
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-09-20 18:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

They become targetable after she uses a specific TP move. I forget which though. It's written a few posts up I think.
By Aerix 2019-09-20 18:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

coughcalleditcough
[+]
By Honeybaked 2019-09-20 20:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They become targetable in phase two after you kill the dark gyre thing they were in from phase 1.
By Ruaumoko 2019-09-20 21:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Honeybaked said: »
They become targetable in phase two after you kill the dark gyre thing they were in from phase 1.
Can confirm this, hopefully have a video out tomorrow detailing the strategy.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-20 21:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Or don't, the last thing you want is people taking 10 extra minutes with an already 20 minute queue. But you do you.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-09-20 23:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Or look at it this way.

If more people know a good strategy which results in better drop rates they could form groups. More people in groups means less soloing or low manning, which in turn lowers wait times.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-09-21 08:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Or don't, the last thing you want is people taking 10 extra minutes with an already 20 minute queue. But you do you.

Coming from the person who has no access to, or ever wants to do this content yet still posts in this forum topic just to be negative.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 47 48 49