users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Gym Life
Gym Life
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-26 13:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That up arrow didn't mean you^. It was meant for the comments above my post. Sorry Fae, you know I <3 you
[+]
 Asura.Nebohh
Server: Asura
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2019-07-26 13:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

People will troll for whatever reason they can find. It’s entertaining for whatever reason. Everyone has their own opinions and experiences so they will tell you how they feel about it first hand or even second hand.

I have always been a power-lifter myself. I don’t lift as often as I used to because of my work schedule. But I will tell you that form is very important. I see a lot of kids at the gym nowadays who put on so much weight more for an ego lift rather than a proper lift. It shouldn’t matter how much weight you lift as much as your form is right. But depending on what your goals are, your weight may increase.

I was off for a few months myself cuz i hurt my shoulder putting down dumbbells during military presses. I was lifting 100lb dumbbells (each hand). Just gotta be careful and need to keep your ego in check. Cuz if not, yes you could seriously hurt yourself.

And yeah, don’t skip leg days. Lol.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-26 13:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I'm not a fan of him posting this on the FFXI section nor the workout, but clowning a guy working on his form and making fun of the weight he's able to lift is a straight up *** move. He could just be starting out or looking for pointers, but no reason to be an *** about it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-26 13:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nebohh said: »
People will troll for whatever reason they can find. It’s entertaining for whatever reason.
Of course it's entertaining.

But seriously, more power to the OP.

Both for actively trying to be healthier and showing off to a bunch of basement-dwelling fatasses.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-07-26 14:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Apes said: »
Thoughts, Critiques? (Feel free to post your videos if you want)

YouTube Video Placeholder
Fixed video for you.

Protip: If you are going to use the youtube BBCode, just use everything after the "=".

Finish your 3rd pull. You are going under before finishing, of course this is very easy to do with an empty barbell, but when you start adding load you will not be able to get heavy loads if you dont finish the extension. but to be honest a video game forum would be the last place I would be looking for "snatch" advice, both oly and otherwise.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Gain
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gain
By Quetzalcoatl.Gain 2019-07-26 15:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Something like this you should consider taking video from the side as well. The ability to watch the bar path along with your LPHC and how it is moving during the (any) lift is crucial.

It may be the angle but it looks like there is a degree of lumbar hyperextension when you move, do you have issues with anterior pelvic tilt? If so, I would correct that before any type of technical lift.
By Boshi 2019-07-26 15:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Upset of the century is this thread had no Fonewear “this thread has potential” post
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-07-26 15:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Gain
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gain
By Quetzalcoatl.Gain 2019-07-26 16:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It shows up most on the 2nd/3rd rep. If you pause at the bottom of the rep when you catch the weight overhead you'll notice your torso isn't in the best position, because your pelvis is dictating your posture. You should be able to catch the bar in a more upright posture.

Again it may be the angle but it also looks like you are catching it slightly behind the shoulders rather than them being directly underneath the bar, this isn't ideal and will lead to greater risk of injury under load.

I'll admit I am not an Oly lifting expert, but I've trained them in the past and have progressed with them to a point of understanding the general mechanics.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-07-26 16:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm no expert, but it looks like you're gonna skip snap city and headed straight towards broke back mountain once you put some weights on it.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-07-26 16:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I am quite (pleasantly) surprised at the number of those active and knowledgeable in this field. This makes me really want to do a thread of "post your strangest hobby/skill/etc" thread...fun to show others and ourselves that we're more than Lord of the Rings and Star Wars Trivia champions.

To OP- doing a helluva lot more than I have in a while- I've never been any form of lifter, when I was more physically active it was straight cardio work (in specific- trail running, swimming, high altitude hiking....not crazy, just above 10k) so seeing anyone go this route always amazes me. Bravo.
[+]
 Asura.Erupt
user: erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2019-07-26 16:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I am quite (pleasantly) surprised at the number of those active and knowledgeable in this field. This makes me really want to do a thread of "post your strangest hobby/skill/etc" thread...fun to show others and ourselves that we're more than Lord of the Rings and Star Wars Trivia champions.

To OP- doing a helluva lot more than I have in a while- I've never been any form of lifter, when I was more physically active it was straight cardio work (in specific- trail running, swimming, high altitude hiking....not crazy, just above 10k) so seeing anyone go this route always amazes me. Bravo.

Aside from programming and weight lifting I like rebuilding old woodworking machinery and building furniture. Got a full woodshop actually with machines from 1920 to 1970. Handtools predating 1900.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-07-26 16:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Erupt said: »

Aside from programming and weight lifting I like rebuilding old woodworking machinery and building furniture. Got a full woodshop actually with machines from 1920 to 1970. Handtools predating 1900.

jealousy abounds.....I want a lathe at work so damn bad (for metal and wood use, light insdustrial vs. your use I'm sure) not to mention a drill press, both of which I'd wager you've got!
By Sations 2019-07-26 17:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

mods needs to do their jobs this ***is getting ridiculous
By ryukin182 2019-07-26 18:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
These kinds of lifts can be so dangerous on your back. If you have bad form just one lift you can put yourself out of action for weeks / months or worse.

The risk to benefit ratio on these kinds of lifts make them really not worth it imo, pro athletes in sports rarely do them for that reason. Unless you're competing or something in this field ofc.

How did I know this would turn up in a thread about lifting on a site of video game players? You will get this no matter the video you posted. Bench press? "that's dangerous". Curling a 5 lb dumbbell? "dangerous to your body"
By Sations 2019-07-26 18:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ryukin182 said: »
These kinds of lifts can be so dangerous on your back. If you have bad form just one lift you can put yourself out of action for weeks / months or worse.

The risk to benefit ratio on these kinds of lifts make them really not worth it imo, pro athletes in sports rarely do them for that reason. Unless you're competing or something in this field ofc.

How did I know this would turn up in a thread about lifting on a site of video game players? You will get this no matter the video you posted. Bench press? "that's dangerous". Curling a 5 lb dumbbell? "dangerous to your body"

wtf are you even saying dude, yes any lift can be dangerous, and yes this particular lift is even more dangerous, and i would argue its also pointless but whatever
[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-27 06:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I've played FFXI for a long time can someone tell me where this gym is at ?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-27 10:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're doing a lift where you have to practice your form with no weights and ask others if your form is good in order to not cripple yourself it's a stupid risk for someone that just wants to get fit.
Wouldn't it be better and more productive to, oh, I don't know, ask a professional weight trainer and/or anyone who works at a gym about stuff like this instead of a 18 year old game forum where 99% of the people who actually visit this website has either A) never been in a gym or B) haven't been in a gym since primary school.

BTW, that's a statement, not a question.

It's like taking a picture of a mole on your hand and asking people here if it looks cancerous.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-27 11:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Semantics!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-27 11:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Real smart.

1) Ask for help.
2) Tell people to go *** themselves.
3) ???
4) Profit.
[+]
By Sations 2019-07-27 11:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Apes said: »
Because, *** You.

YouTube Video Placeholder

you didnt even lift it, you jumped and loowered your body beneath it. Why are you such an insecure little baby
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]