It's Time To Un-gimp Beastmaster!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » It's time to un-gimp Beastmaster!
It's time to un-gimp Beastmaster!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-22 19:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

SE's solution to ungimping BST.

Give out ilvl 159 pets.

Remove all ilvl BST axes.

<SE> Nope, no problems there.
<Intern> Wouldn't the pets level be determined by the level of the weapon?
<SE> *slap* Shut the hell up noob! Now, where is my goddamn coffee? Go get it before I kick your damn *** back to the hobo port!
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-07-23 09:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

LMAO they announced puppetmaster changes for next month. S-E has buffed and buffed PUP over the years to where it has become a really potent and useful job. By comparison, for the last 3 years beastmaster has gotten nothing, basically been locked away in the basement.

PUP doesn't *need* more changes FFS.
By Nariont 2019-07-23 09:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

pup doesnt have a 45 min duration overdrive, still needs work man
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-07-23 10:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get me wrong... I like puppetmaster too

but this kinda hurts that pup is getting more and Bst still sitting out in the cold.
By Nariont 2019-07-23 10:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

im assuming itll be just more attachment adjustments, as thats all they seem to know how to do with pup. In bsts case, despite being given many options, they probably got no idea what to do with the job, whenever they do get around to you best im guessing youll get is more jug pets, likely copies of ones you already have, and thatll be all.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-07-23 10:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If they could by default give us Dual Wield, at least then we'd be able to melee and sub a semi-useful subjob.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-23 10:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
If they could by default give us Cure Spells for both pet and master, at least then we'd be able to melee and sub a semi-useful subjob.
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-07-23 10:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If they could by default give us Dual Wield, at least then we'd be able to melee and sub a semi-useful subjob.
Give bst magic spells specifically for the pet?
By volkom 2019-07-23 10:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

be kinda neat if bst could absorb all the monster's stats/traits for some specified duration. and with that you get the monster's abilities too.
By Shichishito 2019-07-23 11:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
By comparison, for the last 3 years beastmaster has gotten nothing

BLU hasn't gotten much in a while either and they both utilize monster attacks. coincidence!?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-07-23 11:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Player base: can we get some pet updates

SE: say no more fam... pup adjustments... thanks... see you next month
By sharazisspecial 2019-07-23 12:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
August brings along with it a new high-tier battlefield against Alexander, as well as adjustments to the red mage and puppetmaster jobs.

Might be a PUP nerf...
PUP has been great for these last two HTBF

RDM has been in good spot too and both have recieved recent adjustments. More RDM need to start using su5 builds.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-07-23 12:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

sharazisspecial said: »
Might be a PUP nerf...

Very unlikely.

Shichishito said: »
BLU hasn't gotten much in a while either and they both utilize monster attacks. coincidence!?

Yeah, Blue has been left out in the cold for a long time too.

I don't think its coincidence in the sense that they user monster attacks. I think its because both were in a very powerful position around the same time a couple years back. Both kinda OP and Bandwagoned.

Bst got the range nerf, and Blue got left out of all the good gear updates. Those things started around the same time.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-07-23 13:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
August brings along with it a new high-tier battlefield against Alexander, as well as adjustments to the red mage and puppetmaster jobs.

Might be a SMN nerf...
SMN has been great for getting full aeonic clears

RDM has been in good spot too and both have recieved recent adjustments. More RDM need to start using su5 builds.

Bolded fixed for accuracy.

I jest, of course, but seriously that type of logic baffles me. "PUP bin gud last cupl mnth nerf PUP lulz"

If anything, they're going to make Bio III, Dia III, Paralyze II, Slow II, Blind II, and Phalanx II into scrolls with 5/5 potency and come up with some bs merit categories to replace them.

As for PUP, only thing I can think of is a possible buff to mage puppets. For many PUPs, including myself and some other very well geared PUPs, puppet nukes in endgame content come nowhere close to being useful.

***ninja edit*** - Just thought of this after some conversation with someone in the RDM section. It's most likely that the merited RDM spells will be added to the RDM Automaton's spell list.
By janeash123 2019-07-23 14:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Qultada does beastroll when the mood takes him. Not sure about pup, at least I haven't notice him use it.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-07-23 15:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Quote:

Might be a SMN nerf...
SMN has been great for getting full aeonic clears

Bolded fixed for accuracy.

I jest, of course, but seriously that type of logic baffles me. "PUP bin gud last cupl mnth nerf PUP lulz"

If anything, they're going to make Bio III, Dia III, Paralyze II, Slow II, Blind II, and Phalanx II into scrolls with 5/5 potency and come up with some bs merit categories to replace them.

As for PUP, only thing I can think of is a possible buff to mage puppets. For many PUPs, including myself and some other very well geared PUPs, puppet nukes in endgame content come nowhere close to being useful.

***ninja edit*** - Just thought of this after some conversation with someone in the RDM section. It's most likely that the merited RDM spells will be added to the RDM Automaton's spell list.

No, the pup configuration that needs buffing the most is the tanking pup. Pup does not have enough enmity generation tools. If they shortened the recast timer for provoke and flash, give pup an attachment for enmity+, and put -dt on the enmity gear, pup might just be able to tank against the likes of old and run. And pup does not have any aoe enmity generating abilities.
By missdivine 2019-07-23 15:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It states "Puppetmaster jobs" which it means they will probably pump up tank and dd, perhaps Aoe enmity generating abilities Like @Malthar comment. Would like to see mythic weapon with pet ws damage aug.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-07-23 15:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole reason why BST is on ice is because some guy soloed a bunch of NMs with the whole boat load of mulsum.

"Look here... Bst can still solo stuff in 30min with a 24-pack mulsum. Nothing wrong with the job even after we nerfed them!"

*Shows solo video of some guy with weird hats*

It's the same thing with some tarutaru Rdm soloing stuff that they didn't fix the job for years!

Now they are leaving SCH in the fridge because some tarutaru soloed a bunch of NM with it too!

... At least that's my theory.

Also, please fix bst distance. It's annoying.
By sharazisspecial 2019-07-23 16:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So the theory is RDM puppet is getting RDM merit spells. I hope not since automaton spell casting is kind of slow compared even to a trust.

I would prefer they make BST the debuff king instead so it has something over the other pet jobs who are good at buffing(SMN) and tanking (PUP.)
They need to release new stronger pets like they did new attachments. Including one with geomancer power level debuffs.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-07-23 17:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

missdivine said: »
It states "Puppetmaster jobs" which it means they will probably pump up tank and dd, perhaps Aoe enmity generating abilities Like @Malthar comment. Would like to see mythic weapon with pet ws damage aug.

"Red Mage and Puppetmaster jobs" was referring to the two jobs getting adjustments.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2019-07-23 19:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

BST was nerfed into oblivion because the pitchforks were out. That's all it takes. Can comb through old BST related posts in 2015, there was a lot. [Link] Just two posts down from mine show how uncomfortable it is to use pets even in melee range.

SE gave a PR BS reason for the nerf. It was simply to appease the masses. BST was overwhelming popular because content in general sucked. Pets had naturally higher stats and it was easier to gear. Melee struggled to keep up with the accuracy requirements. Let alone be bulldozed by AoEs in content like Sinister Reign and Geas Fete.

Even after the nerf, BST was still popular which made the mob even worse that BST needed to be flat out deleted. When the real issue was with mob scaling.

They had to make 3 seperate nerfs. 1 to all ilevel mob evasion, another to their combat skills, and another to lower aoe damage. Reisenjima, Reforged AF, and Ambuscade armor just completely closed the gap for melee at that point.

Yet years later there's still the fear that somehow this distance nerf is the only thing holding BST back from nothing but all BST groups.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-07-23 20:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
BST was nerfed into oblivion because the pitchforks were out. That's all it takes. Can comb through old BST related posts in 2015, there was a lot. [Link] Just two posts down from mine show how uncomfortable it is to use pets even in melee range.

SE gave a PR BS reason for the nerf. It was simply to appease the masses. BST was overwhelming popular because content in general sucked. Pets had naturally higher stats and it was easier to gear. Melee struggled to keep up with the accuracy requirements. Let alone be bulldozed by AoEs in content like Sinister Reign and Geas Fete.

Even after the nerf, BST was still popular which made the mob even worse that BST needed to be flat out deleted. When the real issue was with mob scaling.

They had to make 3 seperate nerfs. 1 to all ilevel mob evasion, another to their combat skills, and another to lower aoe damage. Reisenjima, Reforged AF, and Ambuscade armor just completely closed the gap for melee at that point.

Yet years later there's still the fear that somehow this distance nerf is the only thing holding BST back from nothing but all BST groups.

They wanted bst to go back where it came from. x.x
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2019-07-24 02:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »

some guy with weird hats

>:( !!!!!!!!!!!
[+]
By Felgarr 2019-07-24 02:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »

No one talks about this anymore, but a charmed Hecteyes pet with 800 TP, will cast Ancient Magic when you Sic.

I really wish they'd give us a hecteyes pet.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-07-24 02:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »

It was this thread on the official forums that really got the ball rolling.

And Malthar, your boy Draylo jumped all over it. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/48152-Nerf-Beastmaster/page3?highlight=nerf+bst
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-07-24 05:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have an xml for bst they wouldn't mind sharing?
By FaeQueenCory 2019-07-24 09:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Either that or a shield replacement for the charmer's merlin. (Or a 119 variant at the VERY least... maybe with the CL150 VW for the empy+2/3s...)
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-07-24 09:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Shiva.Malthar said: »

No one talks about this anymore, but a charmed Hecteyes pet with 800 TP, will cast Ancient Magic when you Sic.

I really wish they'd give us a hecteyes pet.

Hecteyes are intelligent. But that flies in the face that you can't have intelligent bestiary for jug pets, doesn't it?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-07-25 15:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Either that or a shield replacement for the charmer's merlin. (Or a 119 variant at the VERY least... maybe with the CL150 VW for the empy+2/3s...)

I'd rather have a shield or other gear replacement for charmer's merlin. They could actually mimic summoner mechanics for ready. int that summoner has several forms of blood pact recast reduction, 10s from gifts, 15 in category 1 and 2 but total those 3 categories can only reduce recast to 30s (then avatar's favor is a separate category).

So if total Reward recast could not drop below 10s, then additional gear options (whether shield, axe, or anything else) could be introduced without breaking anything.

Then bst would not be so completely locked into ninja or dnc support jobs. Its rather contradictory that bst gets fencer III trait but its never useful.

Bst has low attack, so getting crit bonus from fencer makes alot of sense. Also axe weaponskills scale ALOT with TP so that also makes alot of sense. BUT its just never a meaningful comparison to dual wield, for either pet or master.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [60 days between previous and next post]
By janeash123 2019-09-23 13:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually liked those suggestions, weldone!