Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Volume 1 - May 2019
Ambuscade Volume 1 - May 2019
By zaxtiss 2019-05-27 04:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know what the message is when the miasma is gone? or how much dmg is needed to get rid of it on VD?
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2019-05-27 04:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
anyone know what the message is when the miasma is gone? or how much dmg is needed to get rid of it on VD?

When miasma is broken via a very strong WS, it will change the message to boiling. From experience, I noticed it takes around a 30k spike dmg weapon skill to break the miasma. Also during the miasma phase, he steals tp from all melee strikes done to him for a period of time. Suggest turning as you see the charging animation and wait for the miasma message then prepare for a high dmg WS if you have the tp. If not, it's usually best to have everyone run away and let the tank eat the AOE KO move and revive to tank weakened.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-05-27 04:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
Miasma message is "The boss begins to emit a noxious miasma."
When it breaks "The boss's miasma dissipates, but its rage is beginning to boil over."
Any old WS is fine, just pick one that doesn't miss preferably if accuracy is a concern like an elemental WS. Damage doesn't seem to matter in my experience.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [366 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-27 09:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump;

This is the next V1 dullahans.

2/18 and 5/19
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-27 09:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I hear some ranged DD are suitable, anyone care to post a ranged strat? Cuz ya know, f-back reading (I'm at work I will do my homework later haha)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-27 09:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just red light-green light the ambuscade.

Silly to do ranged though, unless you just wanted to for fun. Exactly the same as melee strat.

@Rage boiling over spam dia and stop damage
@Miasma ws to stop instant death
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-27 09:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki said migawari does not work on it's KO move, but someone mentions on page one that it does? Wondering about ranged strat because I don't have SMN worth a damn.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-27 09:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

My brd can deal with spikes, can also land the 4 enfeebles on horse. My issue would be finding a good DD setup.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-27 09:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Migawari works on castigation (so much damage you die - if you hit during boiling over)

Migawari doesn't work on eisenschinder (instant death, not damage - if you miss miasma)
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-27 09:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Bump;

This is the next V1 dullahans.

2/18 and 5/19
Ic
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-27 09:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok ty, guess I will wait til it comes out and scrape something together.

Orcs have been annoying me with the charm. Can't see to time WSing on its back consistently enough.

I hate charm.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-27 09:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiot proof orcs is leave cor or brd on the boss, every ws is on the back. Hold tp when it's at invincible % so you have tp break if it comes up

it's not a matter of timing, its just - aura up, ws, aura down = no charm
By Pantafernando 2020-05-27 09:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The jp people doing works uses that invincible time to skillchain leaden salute for very good dmg.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-05-27 09:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
The jp people doing works uses that invincible time to skillchain leaden salute for very good dmg.

You can also do Distortion/Darkness skillchain and have a RDM Chainspell Water 5. You can push the boss to 20-30%~ just from the first invincible. Can kill boss from 75% -> 0% in 1min~.
By Viciouss 2020-06-10 15:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

There are certain days when I overcome my urge to be lazy, it doesn't happen very often, but this is one of those days. Bumping for June Ambu. Doesn't seem like many people like this particular ambu given its 3 pages over what is now 3 ambus >.>
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 15:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the reason there's so few posts is there's nothing to discuss. It's very straight forward.

Any that are conduit burned usually have not many posts too
By Viciouss 2020-06-10 16:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a bad month for my ls, we are too drunk for red light green light. Usually we cure the hell out of Kin, but at least there are no consequences for that. I blame Mosin.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-10 18:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it doable to 4-man burn on vd?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 18:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

4 maybe, 5 definitely, can't remember if mercs were able to win with 2 ifrits.

smn smn run geo + 2 buyers (cor buyer) FC dulla, VS pony iirc it's been a year
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-06-10 21:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

OK I'm confused here... has anyone been able to solo this... even on Easy? It's a rather easy yet annoying fight but still doable with one exception... Eisenschneider. Instant KO to anyone in range. At first I thought it was only used after you have ws'ed after Charging up but twice now he's used it with only white damage during the Charging up period. Can of course get up with rr and try to finish but at best that's going to be a 30 minute fight. I feel as if I'm missing something... anyone care to point it out how it is you can avoid this move solo on Easy? Obviously pet jobs I'm sure could do it as you could be out of range... but otherwise?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 22:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't let it use Eisenschieder.

One of your trusts melee attacks are ws's (or you're not doing one ws)
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-06-10 22:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't let it use Eisenschieder.

One of your trusts melee attacks are ws's (or you're not doing one ws)

Thats what I thought as well but both times I'm 100% certain I did not use a weapon skill after charging up though both instances caused charging up to trigger as they landed. I am not using ANY trust that do any damage to the mob. Joachim, Ulmia, Koru, Monberaux and Yoran. I'll give it a try again... recording all of these and gone back over them several times and confirm 100% white damage only... using low level daggers even! Because if I don't my white damage alone is to kill us all. It just doesn't seem to be working like it did last time. I'll keep trying.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 22:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

castigation (so much damage you die - if you hit during boiling over)

eisenschinder (instant death, not damage - if you miss miasma)

It makes miasma - one ws breaks miasma - never eisenschieder
(it may be a damage threshold, if you get blocked by the shield it may not work etc)
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-06-10 22:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

castigation (so much damage you die - if you hit during boiling over)

eisenschinder (instant death, not damage - if you miss miasma)

It makes miasma - one ws breaks miasma - never eisenschieder
(it may be a damage threshold, if you get blocked by the shield it may not work etc)

Thanks for trying to explain but I'm not understanding. What is Miasma? Id normally expect smoke or something when that term is used and watching the video I'm not visually seeing anything different between this chargeup period and the last. I'm not seeing anything in my log in regards to that either.

Just him using "Charging Up" which is when I switch to my low damage daggers. If I use my normal katana's during this period even if white damage he will kill all trust with Astra libationss as his next tp move.

Sometime around 50%...he suddenly will use Eisenschieder instead of astra libations after charging up. At what point during all of that is he doing this "miasma' thing? Are we sure he does it on Easy as he's not using Boiling Over on Easy.

Sorry just trying to understand.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 22:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just text "The enemy is emitting noxious miasma" or something along those lines

May or may not even be updated yet, if you use windower the chat files may or may not even be updated for ambuscade, don't know, haven't done any yet this round.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-06-10 22:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just text "The enemy is emitting noxious miasma" or something along those lines

Oh! Wow that's definitely not being displayed in my log at all. Must be Battlemod or something. I will see what I can do to get that to display... that is definitely the missing part I was looking for. Thank you!
By Ruaumoko 2020-06-10 22:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Dullahan absorbs buffs with one of his moves, BRD needs to be on point with Finale.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-10 22:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Will you guys pick one thread already! My vote is the one we will be able to find with a title search.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 22:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not really important conversation, better that it's here than there imo
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-10 22:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply