Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Volume 1 - May 2019
Ambuscade Volume 1 - May 2019
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-10 21:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

IF the weapon gave the 25% without augment so I could trade it between my mules I'd get it, but i'm not paying 2 billion for them all and if one doesn't have it none can.
[+]
By sharazisspecial 2019-05-10 21:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
IF the weapon gave the 25% without augment so I could trade it between my mules I'd get it, but i'm not paying 2 billion for them all and if one doesn't have it none can.

Su4 (around 15m) maxed out is pretty damn good too! 20% vs 25% both are flat increases.
Every "serious" pup out there should get su4 weapon and do some dynamis-d farm runs. Pup is great as a tank or a puller and will get invites.
By kishr 2019-05-10 23:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time time was around jp group had me on geo spamming stone 1 during boil, and dd's were cors or rngs,
DD, geo and mages were safe from aoe. And tank just tank it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Aerix 2019-05-11 00:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Jdove said: »
they should look at thier dps jobs those are the dead classes pet jobs rule the game

As a PUP main: Uh, what?
[+]
By Prong 2019-05-11 00:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Jdove said: »
they should look at thier dps jobs those are the dead classes pet jobs rule the game

As a PUP main: Uh, what?

Just ignore that one, I think he's/she's a SMN fanboy or something. Literally every one of his/her posts looks like a 5 year old just punched the keyboard then hit Enter.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-11 01:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's (unless they changed the names)

Charging up - zerg
Noxious Miasma - one ws
Boil over - feed tp (weakly with lolnukes)

But yeah.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-11 01:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
perfectly ok to melee this month

Takes too long cause of all the stop light and dispel ***. We did it a lot tonight and the general consensus is we're just gonna do ranged strat next time. It's understandable, not every month can be a melee month and Dullahan's suck to melee anyway.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-05-11 02:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Asura.Sirris said: »
Shiva.Siviard said: »
Asura.Smoky said: »
I think I did this 2xPUP, 2xSMN, GEO, COR/whm.. I remember it being fairly easy though.

Do you remember the strategy?

I did it like this, think we sent one automaton on each mob, SMNs killed unicorn then switched to dullahan? I used SS (tanked unicorn, then assisted with damage on dullahan) and my wife used VE for it.

Would a well geared BST (friend of mine) do well in this fight? Or does it absolutely have to be SMN?

Looking back at what I posted last time, BST should work ok. This month is infinitely more pet-friendly than melee-friendly, melee in general sucks against these kinds of gimmick fights. I'll try BST when I can rope my LS into it, lol, but it should be ok.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-05-11 02:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You can use the Pony as a TP battery and sub-target WS the boss. Pony never dies and boss gets fed way less TP.

I tried doing this with SAM multi-step but it ended up being slower for me, but if you have multiple melee DD, I can see this being a great option.

Outside of that, Dirge is extremely noticeable in this fight. Before using it I would pull hate after 1 or 2 full 4step SC, after using Dirge I wasn't pulling hate until the very end and I was going max DPS the entire time. Subtle Blow on Ken +1 set helps a lot too and boss can be easily silenced to avoid Attri/Aspir spam.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Prong 2019-05-11 05:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
You can use the Pony as a TP battery and sub-target WS the boss. Pony never dies and boss gets fed way less TP.

I tried doing this with SAM multi-step but it ended up being slower for me, but if you have multiple melee DD, I can see this being a great option.

Outside of that, Dirge is extremely noticeable in this fight. Before using it I would pull hate after 1 or 2 full 4step SC, after using Dirge I wasn't pulling hate until the very end and I was going max DPS the entire time. Subtle Blow on Ken +1 set helps a lot too and boss can be easily silenced to avoid Attri/Aspir spam.

Your video skipping/pausing like crazy is exactly what my screen looks like when I use Equipviewer. Wish it didn't, that's a nice little add on.
By Ruaumoko 2019-05-11 06:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »

Solid strategy but it's really leaving you at the mercy of not accidentally triggering a group-wiping Castigation during Boiling Over. Not to detract from the video but I noticed you got very fortunate there in not having it used.

You can take the danger out of it by using a NIN tank over a RUN tank. Dirge will make it possible to keep off the top of the hate list provided the NIN has a decent Enmity set and refreshes Yonin when it falls. That way, if a weapon skill accidentally goes off you can have your entire group back out to 21 yalms and have the NIN force Castigation, using Migawari to negate the damage.

I'll be uploading a RNG strategy video showcasing this in a bit.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-05-11 07:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Solid strategy but it's really leaving you at the mercy of not accidentally triggering a group-wiping Castigation during Boiling Over. Not to detract from the video but I noticed you got very fortunate there in not having it used.

You can take the danger out of it by using a NIN tank over a RUN tank. Dirge will make it possible to keep off the top of the hate list provided the NIN has a decent Enmity set and refreshes Yonin when it falls. That way, if a weapon skill accidentally goes off you can have your entire group back out to 21 yalms and have the NIN force Castigation, using Migawari to negate the damage.

I'll be uploading a RNG strategy video showcasing this in a bit.

For Boil Over, I just swap to Soboro and stand in the front. With its Shield Mastery trait it uses Castigation very quickly for very little damage. Downside is that I lose AM3 with Masa, but the combination of that much DPS so fast w/o ever pulling hate and a Subtle Blow set(or maybe Ninja Roll?), even the not so clean runs were taking 4-5min after buffs.

But yeah, lots of viable strategies this month, which is really cool to see. I kinda wish I uploaded a run of us dealing with more Charging Up mechanics, but figured I'd go with our fastest run to show what a perfect, and lucky, run looks like.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2019-05-11 07:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Its commonly overlooked but 'Legion:' modifier rings and earrings work in ambuscade, so...

Cytherea Pearl earring -20enmity is worth the flexing a bit less in your tp/ws/skillchain sets if you want easier DD enmity management.
[+]
 Leviathan.Jakson
Server: Leviathan
user: Jakson
By Leviathan.Jakson 2019-05-11 10:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the horse only spawn in Easy and above?
VIP
By Lili 2019-05-11 11:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Its commonly overlooked but 'Legion:' modifier rings and earrings work in ambuscade, so...

Cytherea Pearl earring -20enmity is worth the flexing a bit less in your tp/ws/skillchain sets if you want easier DD enmity management.

I've been playing around with this on WAR for a few weeks now, it can be really worth the tradeoff, especially if your tank is less than stellar.

Cytherea is -24 in Ambuscade/Legion, the regular -4 stacks with the Legion effect.

ItemSet 366657
This set caps Enmity- on WAR inside Ambuscade at -51 Enmity, or -31 outside of it, I have it on a toggle that overlays it over any weaponskill I perform while it's active.

I haven't mathed out how much DPS loss it is losing those 5 slots. It's probably significant. But if the idea is to avoid stealing hate from the tank, then the reduced DPS is not a big deal and actually helps in a roundabout way, and not pulling hate and dieing ends up increasing net damage in the end over having higher WS numbers.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-11 11:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The new ambuscade grip is useful for enmity loss
By Ruaumoko 2019-05-11 21:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranged damage setup with a Ninja tank. Held up at the start because there was some confusion with the buffs. This lets you pretty much ignore the Castigation wipe-out trap. It also works with melee jobs, just put Dirge on as one of their songs and back out when it's boiling over; the Ninja can force Castigation and then you carry on as usual.

I was really impressed how well Ninja can hold hate on this.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2019-05-12 00:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »

Ranged damage setup with a Ninja tank. Held up at the start because there was some confusion with the buffs. This lets you pretty much ignore the Castigation wipe-out trap. It also works with melee jobs, just put Dirge on as one of their songs and back out when it's boiling over; the Ninja can force Castigation and then you carry on as usual.

I was really impressed how well Ninja can hold hate on this.

NM can be silenced if I remember correctly. Just keep it silenced then it wont cast dreadspikes.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-05-12 15:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Melee method using pony for TP.
[+]
By huttburt<3 2019-05-12 22:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »

Melee method using pony for TP.
7 mins, too long
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-05-12 23:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jakson said: »
Does the horse only spawn in Easy and above?

Correct.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-20 15:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Any chance the proper move names are going to get updated here soon. They're still showing meeble moves. 10 days out.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-20 20:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

really? mine shows proper moves, since day 2 lol
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-20 20:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The very first day it was the right stuff but after that first crash its been meeble moves.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-20 20:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

your windowers broken lol
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-05-21 05:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply