New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Vol.1 March 2019
Ambuscade Vol.1 March 2019
By Isszo 2019-03-12 10:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Isszo said: »
Early test runs with SMN/SMN/COR/COR/PLD/GEO.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Oh jeezzz, here comes the smn train

<<guilty of it too....

Grats but why 2 cor, and not a 3rd smn?

So basically 3smn cor geo tank?

Unity warp for KI? (den of rancor?
We just had access to double cor at the time. Three summoners would be better, but doable with two. We take the Den of Rancor homepoint.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-03-13 09:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone figured out the gimmick to Everyone's Virulence? It usually does 100-500 to me on RUN, but occasionally does 99999.
By jahn 2019-03-13 09:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Anyone figured out the gimmick to Everyone's Virulence? It usually does 100-500 to me on RUN, but occasionally does 99999.
Same happened to our tank, then he considered maybe it was based on how much damage he had done and tried to supertank, it didn't happen again for the remainder of the time, but we didn't keep going much longer so that could have been completely rng.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-13 09:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Not based on damage you've done, soloing VE for seal it hit me for 9300. Would've been "much" higher if that were the case.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-03-13 13:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

How is the fight on normal? Ive heard its rough this month, but that was on higher difficulties
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-13 14:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

aside from the random 99k dmg even with hate reset, this month is pretty easy.
By clearlyamule 2019-03-13 14:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hiraishinsenna said: »
Asura.Byrne said: »
But I think you're missing the point of the above question... unless you were the tank yourself, do you not think it was possible the tank was either being dishonest, or simply mistaken?

As I said previously the same thing happened in our ls run,
our tank was resetting each fight with us, first rancor he took 99k damage, 30 sec later second rancor he took 100 damage
Is it possible your tank thought ahead and was using Uggalepih Necklace?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-13 14:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got an Uggalepih Necklace from NNI last night, never knew what it did. Quite the coincidence it dropped this month.
By soralin 2019-03-13 14:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait.

Is tanking it super easy if you just tank at 3K TP with Uggalepih Necklace on?

Cause that sure sounds like itll make it easy.
By clearlyamule 2019-03-13 15:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It consumes tp to block the move so you can still get hit for some dmg if you can't get back up before it uses it again. Also forget if it's used here but Light of Penance can ruin your day too if you don't turn fast enough. But even if you don't get the full 3k protection it can still help when in addition to CFH and/or resetting a lot
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2019-03-13 16:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Asura.Hiraishinsenna said: »
Asura.Byrne said: »
But I think you're missing the point of the above question... unless you were the tank yourself, do you not think it was possible the tank was either being dishonest, or simply mistaken?

As I said previously the same thing happened in our ls run,
our tank was resetting each fight with us, first rancor he took 99k damage, 30 sec later second rancor he took 100 damage
Is it possible your tank thought ahead and was using Uggalepih Necklace?
No, he wasn't
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-03-13 16:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The sometimes-99999 move is Everyone's Virulence, not Everyone's Revenge (the hate move they use).

Virulence isn't hate based, and will vary massively within the same fight for some reason with no Tonberries killed in between.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-13 16:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious what mechanic we're missing then, there's no way it's just a random "*** off" move.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-13 16:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Curious what mechanic we're missing then, there's no way it's just a random "*** off" move.

Yes, it absolutely could be. You're trying to be logical, and nothing they do is logical, so. yeah.

Just like last month. Q's use pd for "some reason" we're -never- going to find out how or why. it just is what it is.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-03-13 16:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This was literally a fight after I just got KI > erased hate > CFH until monarch.
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-03-13 16:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »

This was literally a fight after I just got KI > erased hate > CFH until monarch.

I got that too, on second fight after hate reset. I was on PLD, full dt set, so he hit me for over 200k!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-13 16:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bayonette did you also CFH on any of the monsters? Geriond? Maybe that has something to do with it.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-13 16:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Shiva.Spathaian said: »

Yes, it absolutely could be. You're trying to be logical, and nothing they do is logical, so. yeah.

Just like last month. Q's use pd for "some reason" we're -never- going to find out how or why. it just is what it is.
Eh, I'm probably being overly optimistic, working with systems I just can't see something where they just pull a number and insta-kill without some practical reason, even if we can't find it.

Hell for all we know it's happening because of the call for help strat.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-13 16:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres something that triggers it, for sure. "3 members hp ends in 5" "one person didnt eat food" "you don't use a whole party of taru" "no one, or too many wearing new ambuscade weapons" "they're secretly apkallu in tonberry costumes and it's based on apkallu hate"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-13 16:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SE has long been known to institute random "i win" mechanics without any explanation or way around it. And if there is a way around it, it's so absurdly comical that nobody would guess it without either extremely dedicated testing (at some point, who cares anymore) or by sheer luck.

Who the hell would have ever known in 2012 that fuming a VW boss after a certain period of time reset procs? These roadblocks don't even make logical sense half the time. They don't have to.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Theres something that triggers it, for sure. "3 members hp ends in 5" "one person didnt eat food" "you don't use a whole party of taru" "no one, or too many wearing new ambuscade weapons"

lmao, this sounds exactly like a SE mechanic.

You can't even blame SE anymore. I still remember when the first group reached 135 Infailsion, and the NPC just ate their entry KI. When they asked SE what happened, their response was "cuz lore, velkks are mean, congrats!"
By clearlyamule 2019-03-13 16:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Virulence... clearly it has to do with debuffs!
By soralin 2019-03-13 16:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Im gonna guess it gets triggered based on doing too much damage too fast. Thats my gut response.

Kind of a "*** you" button for zerging too hard too fast.

If we can just power through it though, whatevs. The fact that even max dmg attacks arent a huge setback nowadays is funny.
By Chimerawizard 2019-03-13 17:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I like using the proto-waypoint to get KI & reset hate.
Go south and through the door to find EP mobs for KI. make a right from that room to get to the NPC that resets tonberry hate. perfect.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-13 20:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh btw, frailty isn't exactly necessary for the fight as their defenses are rather low. You can actually skip a GEO and use a COR (with dark shot for dispel). Just Magus roll in place of an early Fend.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-13 21:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

We use

RUN/WHM/GEO/BRD/DD COR/Heavy DD
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-13 21:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
We use

And you can likely improve kill speed with changing GEO to another DD. Maybe even a DD RUN to get a second One for All (one in case of second AF, one in case of Mijin)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-13 21:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
We use

And you can likely improve kill speed with changing GEO to another DD. Maybe even a DD RUN to get a second One for All (one in case of second AF, one in case of Mijin)

We've tried different configurations, this is by far the fastest.
By Autocast 2019-03-13 21:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't even seem to matter but is everyone getting hit by the 99k a tank?

could be something similar to kin's death sentence in which he tends to not(ever?) use it unless the tanks threat is far above everyone elses? so maybe damage based on how much further ahead tanks enmity is than others?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-13 21:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Autocast said: »
Doesn't even seem to matter but is everyone getting hit by the 99k a tank?

could be something similar to kin's death sentence in which he tends to not(ever?) use it unless the tanks threat is far above everyone elses? so maybe damage based on how much further ahead tanks enmity is than others?

I'm at 82.8k total hallmarks, with only like 4 maybe 5 seals uses, and haven't yet seen 99k on me. I DD'd a few of those but don't recall the tank there mentioning it either.