March 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 20 21 22
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-11 14:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna' spam some NNI tonight solo, and post my results laters.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-11 14:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you can just get all 3 t3 NMs and kill 3/cycle for less runs back to the NPC. Assuming you can kill all 3 solo quicker than the time it would take to run back for 3 pops.
By Afania 2019-03-11 14:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Well, you can just get all 3 t3 NMs and kill 3/cycle for less runs back to the NPC. Assuming you can kill all 3 solo quicker than the time it would take to run back for 3 pops.

Not that Ive tried but I dont think I can kill it solo faster than 2 to 3 man since 2 of these NM has aoe normal attack moves that takes TP away, which makes melee leaden 3 step a lot harder to connect and slow down kill speed .-.

If theres another person that can start disortion for leaden it should be faster probably.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-11 14:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Not that Ive tried but I dont think I can kill it solo faster than 2 to 3 man since 2 of these NM has aoe normal attack moves that takes TP away, which makes melee leaden 3 step a lot harder to connect .-.

If theres another person that can start disortion for leaden it should be faster probably.

Use a Scholar?
By Afania 2019-03-11 14:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Afania said: »

Not that Ive tried but I dont think I can kill it solo faster than 2 to 3 man since 2 of these NM has aoe normal attack moves that takes TP away, which makes melee leaden 3 step a lot harder to connect .-.

Use a Scholar?

Scholar works but its not necessary. Any distortion ws dd works, they are probably faster than sch too.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2019-03-11 14:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

All this talk about being able to kill Zi'Tah T3s.

I guess some of us casual, returning players have to do this the merit points way. ><

[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2019-03-11 14:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rajang said: »

I guess some of us casual, returning players have to do this the merit points way. ><

Assuming average exp a kill is like 30-60k in a proper party. It's around 4100-8300 kills to get the 25k merits for a pulse weapon

8300 kills can be done a lot faster than that sounds for most people, so even if you are on the low end of that range you should be able to get a pulse weapon pretty quickly.

Still sucks though.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-11 14:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Reichleiu said: »
average exp a kill is like 30-60k in a proper party

no
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2019-03-11 14:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don’t recall 45s Neaks giving that much xp.
By Chimerawizard 2019-03-11 14:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You could always do Meeble Burrows.
Wizened Phantom Worm:
*Obtained by completing objectives before leaving.
*When traded in, may give an adflictio.

Meeble Burrows also has "Bonus Spoils" which literally doubles the quantity of drops. IE If you get one glowing, now there's two in pool.

Svaha (Batallia Instructor) has Bonus spoils along the progression path and may drop tenkomaru.
Samursk (Sauromugue Researcher) also has Bonus spoiles in progression & may drop adflictio.
I suggest duo + trusts. That way if it drops, you both get a weapon.
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2019-03-11 14:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

no

Am I wrong? Am I confusing CP with EXP?... I haven't slept at all today. Up with the baby till 7am.

Don't we typically get more EXP than CP per kill?
 Asura.Karumac
user: Karuma
By Asura.Karumac 2019-03-11 15:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

To even unlock the 25,000 Merit Route you need to give Emporox either 297 Crytsl Petrifacts, 36 Abdjalis Honors, or 12 Simian Horns and 12 Daimonic Casings.
[+]
By jahn 2019-03-11 16:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

no

Am I wrong? Am I confusing CP with EXP?... I haven't slept at all today. Up with the baby till 7am.

That depends on what you're doing, if you're doing zitah dragons or something, you're getting more exp than capacity points, though it's not exactly great numbers, with that said, assuming no competition, it takes about 15 minutes for a solo beast master to cap merits in zitah with corsair's roll on.

If you're doing apex mobs though, you're probably getting roughly the same amount of exp, but much more capacity points.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2019-03-11 16:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karumac said: »
To even unlock the 25,000 Merit Route you need to give Emporox either 297 Crytsl Petrifacts, 36 Abdjalis Honors, or 12 Simian Horns and 12 Daimonic Casings.

Yeah, those are all items I accumulated spamming stuff anyway and/or bought off the AH just to unlock Emperox. I figured might as well unlock it if it's a thing to get done in the game. Lesson to learn from SE: If you can do it, just do it to have access to it. Remember how busy Dynamis - Taznavia was after the divergence update because so many people just didn't bother to clear it beforehand?
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-03-11 16:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming average exp a kill is like 30-60k in a proper party. It's around 4100-8300 kills to get the 25k merits for a pulse weapon

8300 kills can be done a lot faster than that sounds for most people, so even if you are on the low end of that range you should be able to get a pulse weapon pretty quickly.

Still sucks though.

Remember when it was 3000 kill shots a trial for a mythic when the upgrade first came out? I remember spending weeks to do kill trials, this is nothing with the AoE jobs of today.
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
Server: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2019-03-11 17:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Biglovin said: »

Still sucks though.

Remember when it was 3000 kill shots a trial for a mythic when the upgrade first came out? I remember spending weeks to do kill trials, this is nothing with the AoE jobs of today.

Pepperidge Farm Remembers...
[+]
By Taint 2019-03-11 18:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Biglovin said: »

Still sucks though.

There is no grind greater than the original relic grinds.

From 64man dynamis runs for a year for currency to the 3000 kill shot trials.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-11 18:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well getting 25K shouldn't be terribly hard, annoying but not hard. Six people inside Reizen AoE cleaving and running to NPC to turn in every time it's full. Could clear a couple thousand a day that way.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-11 18:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

*edit, never mind that one, don't need that ***happening lol...

So I know at least one of you already got the sword. How does the "attack varies with number of buffs" function.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2019-03-11 19:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have the recipes for the new auto attachments?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-11 19:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Should all be sold in nashmau
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-03-11 20:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

no

Base XP maxes at about 4750, right?
 Odin.Archaide
Server: Odin
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2019-03-11 20:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it confirmed you can trade any pulse weapon for new ambu weapon? or does it have to be axe for axe, sword for sword etc?
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-03-11 20:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Archaide said: »
Is it confirmed you can trade any pulse weapon for new ambu weapon? or does it have to be axe for axe, sword for sword etc?
Any, watched Schurzen do it on stream last night before Gorpa was kidnapped.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-03-11 21:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »

SE should make an event each month where Gorpa-Masorpa is displaced and you have to fight a boss as a server to get him back. xD
[+]
By Asura.Evilddstroyer 2019-03-11 21:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »

SE should make an event each month where Gorpa-Masorpa is displaced and you have to fight a boss as a server to get him back. xD

yes like the candy thing from whitegate, D O IT TANAKA san
[+]
By huttburt<3 2019-03-11 22:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I just stopped by for the butthurt.
[+]
 Cua
By Cua 2019-03-11 22:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

We all need to put aside our differences and go save Gorpa like it's 2006 and the beastmen took our shitty exp candy out of Al Zhabi.
[+]
 Cua
By Cua 2019-03-11 22:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

huttburt<3 said: »
I just stopped by for the butthurt.

The good kind or the bad kind?
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-11 22:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Evilddstroyer said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »

yes like the candy thing from whitegate, D O IT TANAKA san

I was thinking more like the Treants.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 20 21 22