Game: FFXI
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-11 04:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
OH for which jobs?

Check the edit on post :P

I guess it depends on the special effect and how exactely that will convert to real Crit+% numbers.
Will assume that it will start with 100% critical hit rate then decays as you gain TP, maybe by 1% each 30 TP gained in order to reach 0% critical hit rate at 3K TP.
In any case, none EMA Dancers will definitely benefit from this as mainland, due to the high critical hit damage that we have and feather step, also; I'm seriously worried about Evisceration DMG now vs Rudra.
 Asura.Yso
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yso 2019-03-11 04:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I care a little about lockstyle, I have all of these from before. However, the effect is the same, but the designs of the weapons have changed a bit? The colour, tints, etc?

Also, excited to see what effects they went for for staff, which never had a pulse counterpart.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2019-03-11 05:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If the glows are weapon oriented and not based on the weapon that's traded in, sure hope the Great Katana gets Tenkomaru's badass effect rather than Murasamemaru's dumbass blur.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-03-11 05:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The real question is what kinda glow effect the staff gets. There hasn't been a pulse staff until now.
 Asura.Zanosan
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2019-03-11 05:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
The real question is what kinda glow effect the staff gets. There hasn't been a pulse staff until now.

quick, dat swap
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-11 05:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
If the glows are weapon oriented and not based on the weapon that's traded in, sure hope the Great Katana gets Tenkomaru's badass effect rather than Murasamemaru's dumbass blur.
Based off Kaja model, it’s going to be Tenkomaru, otherwise, killself please SE.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-03-11 05:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So is ambuscade a repeat of them tonberries months ago? What's it like?
By SimonSes 2019-03-11 05:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
OH for which jobs?

Check the edit on post :P

I guess it depends on the special effect and how exactely that will convert to real Crit+% numbers.
Will assume that it will start with 100% critical hit rate then decays as you gain TP, maybe by 1% each 30 TP gained in order to reach 0% critical hit rate at 3K TP.
In any case, none EMA Dancers will definitely benefit from this as mainland, due to the high critical hit damage that we have and feather step, also; I'm seriously worried about Evisceration DMG now vs Rudra.

It's written pretty clear that it's +50% critical, so you don't need to assume its 100% :)

Also the real question if that almost max critical hit rate works for WS. Because in the past when Blau Dolch was active below 1000TP, it was known that it works for WS, because WS mechanic works that first you lose TP, then WS is being calculated. If that's the same for this dagger, then it's kinda a monster, because it will be possible to cap 100% critical hit rate for most Eviscerations. Damn even if it decays slow and it snapshot crit rate before TP is gone then something like +30% critical hit rate at 1000TP will be amazing too.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2019-03-11 05:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Written where?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2019-03-11 05:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Based off Kaja model, it’s going to be Tenkomaru, otherwise, killself please SE.

The model is soboro if I remember, so will most likely be murasamemaru. The auras are also the active while engaged auras, meaning murasamemaru since tenkomaru activates on swing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-03-11 05:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Late to the party, but whoops @ throwing away a dukkha from gobbie box before

Still have an ephemeron I made for lockstyle so at least 1 weapon ready!
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-03-11 05:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is this update nearly 50 minutes long... i just wanna do ambu before i gotta go
 Sylph.Snk
Server: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2019-03-11 05:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

My god I have almost every *** pulse weapon on a mule. My hoarding has paid the *** off...

P.S. From an earlier post. I actually have that *** axe!!

P.P.S. I just realized I have a huge hoard of pulse items on that mule too I never bothered to AH. Cha-Ching!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Server: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-03-11 05:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get all the complaining, I honestly find this a pretty genius move. It revamps a lot of content to get these shiny weapons.

Also ppl are gonna spam VW so plates prices gonna go down so win win :D

Can someone (Dan maybe?) confirm you can trade any of of the shinies for an upgraded wep? i/e trade Kaja Sword, 5 new ambu items and Chastisers (H2H) to get new sword.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-03-11 05:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

do people use mura for anything now? I vaguely remember still using it when delve came out for a few nms but I didnt want to trash it if it still has niche uses

same for sagasinger, obv the melee stats are ***but does anyone use the resist terror on it for something in particular?
By geigei 2019-03-11 05:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait to sell those 30ish pulse cells.
 Bahamut.Newzarb
Server: Bahamut
user: newzarb
By Bahamut.Newzarb 2019-03-11 05:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

To everyone who had pulse cells for sale or sold some recently : I sympathise.

I sold one for 40k a few days ago after trying to sell it litterally for months -_-
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-11 06:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Written where?

Ok I'm sorry, I had brain fart when looking it up on bgwiki 50% from damage bonus looked like critical hit rate XD

Anyway assuming 100% Critical hit rate at 0TP is still WAY to optimistic imo, but we will see.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-03-11 06:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone confirm trading pulse armor can be used for weapons? Since I have a lot of pulse weapons I also have pulse armors :0. Hoping I can sell armor pulse cells besides weapon cells.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Server: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-03-11 06:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

They're not in the update notes for the required items to trade, so I'm guessing no
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-03-11 06:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
They're not in the update notes for the required items to trade, so I'm guessing no
Kk thanks. Be interesting if they ever use those armors for something in future hmm.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-03-11 06:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also the real question if that almost max critical hit rate works for WS

It does. When abyssea first came out there's a very good reason that atma of the razed ruins was so powerful. Evisceration numbers were off the charts for that time in the game's lifespan. When paired with atma of the gnarled horn evisceration became far more consistent and overall higher damage both.

Try it out with a pair of mythril daggers or something low lvl enough to make it testable and see for yourself. But I guarantee if you can't get max crit rate on weaponskills the cap is damn close to 100%. But if normal melee has no critical hit rate cap, and it's a known fact that it doesn't because 100% critical hit rate parses have been posted before with very large sample sizes, then there's no reason to believe weaponskills are any different.
 Asura.Hamburgerz
user: Dandawgs
By Asura.Hamburgerz 2019-03-11 06:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Man how do you all have so many pulse weapons. I have not seen one in over 4k Aello/Qilin/Uptalas. Not one . . ever. Since the implementation of voidwatch through all the light events.
 Sylph.Snk
Server: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2019-03-11 06:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hamburgerz said: »
Man how do you all have so many pulse weapons. I have not seen one in over 4k Aello/Qilin/Uptalas. Not one . . ever. Since the implementation of voidwatch through all the light events.

You can buy Pulse Cells on the AH under Misc 1. I bought a lot of em ages ago to finish up some weapons for lockstyle but holy *** I never expected this.

Just did some full on digging. Currently I have 7 Pulse Weapons now.

Edit: Just found 2 more for a total of 9! Jesus I am set!
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-03-11 06:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking the exact same thing. Would be super disappointing if it was Murasamemaru's; but knowing SE, it most likely will be.
By Drofrehter84 2019-03-11 06:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This might be a dumb question but if you already have the Pulse Cell: Co's for the Coruscanti and you defeat Qilin for the Ashen VW Path can you just trade the Pulse Cells to Ardrick for the weapon?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-11 06:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Drofrehter84 said: »
This might be a dumb question but if you already have the Pulse Cell: Co's for the Coruscanti and you defeat Qilin for the Ashen VW Path can you just trade the Pulse Cells to Ardrick for the weapon?
Yes.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22