Forum » FFXI » General » March 2019 Version Update
March 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 20 21 22

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-03-11 02:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Real question is what do you make when you get your pulse weapon?
I have 3 & play BLM, RDM, SMN, SCH, GEO.
Do I make Sword + Dagger + Bow for RDM?
Staff + Grip for BLM?
Grip only for SCH?
Nothing for SMN.
Or Club for GEO?
Mix it up with Club + Staff + Grip?

Really want to see just how club & staff work as to whether they are even worth using at all.
 Asura.Cloudblade
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Cloudblade 2019-03-11 02:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Murasamemaru - check, Tenkomaru - check, Aytanri - check, Girru - check, Gusterion - check, Dukkha - check, Ephemeron - check, Coruscanti - check, Asteria - check, Delphinius - check, Chastiser - check, Annealed Lance - check

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
 Asura.Chevalios
user: Chevalios
By Asura.Chevalios 2019-03-11 02:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Did I read GK wrong, or is that weapon an iLv. kraken club for SAM?

It says convert... if that literally makes your STP 0 and converts it to multihit then I dunno if it would be that great. You'd have more hits but your X-hit build would be trash. Also doesn't say how many hits..
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-03-11 02:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Err, anybody else noticing a change to Afterglow effects? My mythics are shining a lot more strongly than before the update
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2019-03-11 02:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Some zones causes afterglow to bug out and become super bright, almost like it's duplicating the afterglow effect on top of itself. Ru'aun is one of the more consistent offenders.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-11 02:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chevalios said: »

It says convert... if that literally makes your STP 0 and converts it to multihit then I dunno if it would be that great. You'd have more hits but your X-hit build would be trash. Also doesn't say how many hits..

Converts in the sense that its based on its value probably, but tbh it can be everything. Can be 50% of store tp as chance for OAT, which would be okish but nothing amazing, but can be 50% for following attack, which is much better, or 50% for DA% or it can be more than 1 additional hit. Really everything and since its not clear and some other weapons are great and we are limited to 3 per month probably, it might take a while before someone get it to tests.
By Afania 2019-03-11 02:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I know people love to get worked up from update notes before actually testing... but it's certainly possible that along with this update, SE may have also improved the drop rates of the pulse weapons. Maybe give it a couple days to see if there are reports of easier drop rates?

Even if not, there's some logic to using this as a way to recycle old content. Gives people something else to farm in hopes of a nice profit on pulse cells, and the content isn't that hard so it's accessible even to players who aren't top-end... I'm sure there are people out there willing to gamble on a rare drop that they can sell. And eventually, after the elite/gotta have it first crowd overpays for pulse stuff (to get weapons that largely won't beat the good RMEA for the people truly dedicated to a job), pulse prices will eventually drop again. In the meantime, the "newer players" can still have Kaja weapons as a solid option from obtained by just doing some Ambuscade.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I've turned in thousands of keys, not a single pulse weapon from them. The pool is too big. Random is random.

I'm pretty sure S-E makes regular adjustments to SP dial/key drops to favor certain items in certain months. Lots of people noticed significantly higher Dynamis [D] shard/void armor item rate from dial for a while shortly after Divergence began. I certainly did, during one of the SP key months I was averaging a couple shard/void pieces per day on 18 characters (main + 15 mules, plus my alt & 1 mule), probably something in the neighborhood of a 5% rate. After a future update, that rate dried right up...

I've seen other months with noticeable themed items showing up with more regularity. Like one month I kept getting Sealed Container NM basket pop items, but that was the only month I've seen those happen with such frequency. Here's hoping this month has a higher chance of pulse stuff.

Any yeah, the shinies are also part of AMAN Trove loud thud pool. I've seen two Annealed Lances that way since Trove started.

The annoying part is that it punishes people that choose not to keep these weapons for more inv, and rewards people that keeps these weapon for lockstyle purpose.

A cheapest pulse weapon cost 250k to make before this update. Now its not possible to get them this cheap anymore.

Now whoever keeps them/brought cell before update gets the benefit of having better gears while the rest of us who tossed them all have to farm 25k merits to catch up.

I dont mind recycle old content, personally. But I dont think its fair that whoever paid for mules to store these weapon for years gets instant upgrade and better gears than everyone else who doesnt.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-11 02:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Walpurgisnacht said: »
Everyone's Grudge blockable by Migawari? Not going to reset my hate counter for ambu this month.

Hey I did this with you last time!

[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-11 02:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like SE could have notified anyone of this in advance, as the same thing would have happened in preparation for the update. It's the nature of FFXI, they make changes and the economy adjusts.

There's many ways to get these weapons, so give it a few weeks and I'm sure everyone will have what they want. Don't go spending 25k merits though .. that's self torture. Other ways have been suggested.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Chimerawizard 2019-03-11 02:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't plan on doing high tiers; deposit merits.
Farm the weapons, but if you happen to get 25k saved up. BOOM another weapon.
By Afania 2019-03-11 02:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
It's not like SE could have notified anyone of this in advance, as the same thing would have happened in preparation for the update. It's the nature of FFXI, they make changes and the economy adjusts.

There's many ways to get these weapons, so give it a few weeks and I'm sure everyone will have what they want. Don't go spending 25k merits though .. that's self torture. Other ways have been suggested.

25k merit may not be more of self torture than killing zitah T3 solo 100+ times(which will probably take 5+ mim per kill) if you manaburn+sell PL slots for profit.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Schurzen
user: daNpwr
By Asura.Schurzen 2019-03-11 03:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The glow is same as Coruscanti.
[+]
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2019-03-11 03:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

To people going after Pulse weapons, I would not recommend Meebles if you could get around it, despite having 10x+ the drop rate of VW (1-3%), despite multiple options coming from it. As one who farmed tenkomaru from it, I can attest that it is painful even when you are the only person doing the content and thus don't have to wait.

That said, if everybody is jumping on the Zitah train, the lack of number of spawns might actually make Meebles more enticing. If people do try Meebles, I believe the enhanced spoils effect lets dbl drops happen, and doesn't actually increase the number of different drops. This could, in theory, drop multiple pulse weapons if there are multiple people in the party, but wouldn't help if a pulse didn't drop. I could be wrong, but I believe that is how that effect works.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-03-11 03:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
A cheapest pulse weapon cost 250k to make before this update. Now its not possible to get them this cheap anymore.

Uh... yeah. New update comes out and uses existing items for brand new stuff, price of those existing items shoots up (and eventually settles back down). How is this surprising after all these years of the same pattern repeated again and again?

Would it somehow have been better if they added a NEW low drop rate item to farm/sell (or a lot of a higher drop rate item/currency)? That wouldn't have been an utterly shocking approach for a final stage quality weapon. I much prefer using existing low drop rate items, and throwing a bone to those who did keep their shiny weapons and are lucky enough to have their materials on day 1.

And come on, who tosses GLOWING WEAPONS (bad people who deserve disappointment, that's who!)

25k merit may not be more of self torture than killing zitah T3 solo 100+ times(which will probably take 5+ mim per kill) if you manaburn+sell PL slots for profit.

Dude, just buy the cells when they inevitably start becoming a hotter commodity that more people are farming/selling. I'm sure that with the time it would take you to do 25k merits, you could do something else that would generate gil far in excess of the amount needed to buy the AH-able cells.

And/or, test your luck on Zitah/VW, SP dial, NNI event, etc...
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-03-11 03:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget meeble burrows Phantom Worms have a chance of granting Adflictio. (possibly the worst looking of the pulse weapons; I tossed one when meebles was still relatively new)
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-11 03:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Chevalios said: »

Converts in the sense that its based on its value probably, but tbh it can be everything. Can be 50% of store tp as chance for OAT, which would be okish but nothing amazing, but can be 50% for following attack, which is much better, or 50% for DA% or it can be more than 1 additional hit. Really everything and since its not clear and some other weapons are great and we are limited to 3 per month probably, it might take a while before someone get it to tests.

If we assume the current TP set for Masa SAM, the maximum STP you can reach with buffs is around ±200 STP.

Possibly the conversion rate would be any of this:
STP Possible Conversion
5 STP +1 DA or +2 DA [2DA seems more viable]
10 STP +1 TA or +2 TA
20 STP +1 QA or +2 QA
50 STP 25% OA Twice
100 STP 25% OA Thrice
200 STP 50% Follow up Attack

If you want to parallel it with K-Club, then you can go as low as 10% Occasionally Attack Eight Times for each 200 STP.

Edit: to add to this, assuming STP will all be converted to zero, even after WS, then you would need 6.8 hits to reach 1K TP in the current Masa TP Set with SAM roll, for 7 hits to happen you would need these numbers above to reach same performance [assuming option 2 for DA,TA,QA], I don't know if SE planned on keeping it the same, higher, or lower though, also, Zanshin will proc more if they went higher...
By Afania 2019-03-11 03:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Uh... yeah. New update comes out and uses existing items for brand new stuff, price of those existing items shoots up (and eventually settles back down). How is this surprising after all these years of the same pattern repeated again and again?

Would it somehow have been better if they added a NEW low drop rate item to farm/sell (or a lot of a higher drop rate item/currency)? That wouldn't have been an utterly shocking approach for a final stage quality weapon. I much prefer using existing low drop rate items, and throwing a bone to those who did keep their shiny weapons and are lucky enough to have their materials on day 1.

And come on, who tosses GLOWING WEAPONS (bad people who deserve disappointment, that's who!)

Dude, just buy the cells when they inevitably start becoming a hotter commodity that more people are farming/selling. I'm sure that with the time it would take you to do 25k merits, you could do something else that would generate gil far in excess of the amount needed to buy the AH-able cells.

And/or, test your luck on Zitah/VW, SP dial, NNI event, etc...

Lol, I logged on right after the update and every single cell on AH were gone. By the time its buyable again its going to be months later.

I only make 30m per month anyways, so if cell cost more than 6m it will take a months for me to get them. Im pretty sure I can farm 25k merit in 15hr-20hr of play time, while selling 2 pl spots.

And those who paid for mules to store their weapons can got bis 1st day after the update.

Post deleted by User.
By Autocast 2019-03-11 03:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean given how SE last "casual" upgrade route was 10k JP at a hardcap rate of 700/week, this honestly isn't very surprising.

I think they clearly had the merit NPC in mind, and not the drop rate of the weapons themselves (not saying it isn't stupid).
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-11 03:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

UNGH, I think I trashed an Annealed Lance a few weeks ago ><
I do have Chastisers and Coruscanti but I'm not sure I wanna give them away...

Sigh, what a *** move.
[+]
 Asura.Schurzen
By Asura.Schurzen 2019-03-11 04:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
UNGH, I think I trashed an Annealed Lance a few weeks ago ><
I do have Chastisers and Coruscanti but I'm not sure I wanna give them away...

Sigh, what a *** move.

If you're going to get the upgraded Kaja Knife, just trade the Coruscanti. It has the same visual effect.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-11 04:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You sure it's exactely the same? Activates when you engage etc?
If that's so I guess I could trade the Coruscanti to receive the upgraded Kaja Knife...

Not sure what to make out of that knife yet, to be fair, but if it can be at least a lockstyle replacement for Coruscanti it's fine I suppose.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-11 04:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Its probably going to be very competitive if not better than Sari Off-Hand, that delay is great.

Edit: Checked on Spreadsheet for DNC:
Twashtar/Tauret: 5030.600 and 24993 Rudra with 2.26 rounds/ws
Twashtar/Perfect Sari: 5166.299 and 26539 Rudra with 2.23 rounds/ws
Terp/Twashtar: 5206.947 and 19941 PK with 1.98 rounds/ws
Terp/Tauret: 5051.801 and 19364 PK with 1.98 rounds/ws
Terp/Perfect Sari: 5048.119 and 19999 PK with 1.95 rounds/ws

Perfect Sari leads by 3% in Twashtar Build.
Tauret Leads by 0.1% in Terp Build.

If you can't get perfect Sari, just use Tauret.
By kishr 2019-03-11 04:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

GK drops from uptala, I threw out like 15 of them last campaign for vw.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-11 04:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Its probably going to be very competitive if not better than Sari Off-Hand, that delay is great.
OH for which jobs?
For BRD (lolddbrd) I talked about it in the specific thread, I don't see Tauret beating Perf Sari as OH for R15 Carns.
It's not much a matter of lacking the TA, which has a reduced value with AM3 up to begin with.
It's not about having slightly less att either (which is very important on ddBRD).
It's more about having less DEX and no CHR or STR to boost Mordant Rime's damage.

You get the much better delay, which is nice for an offhand, but I'm not sure if that's gonna be enough to compensate what you lose by letting Sari go.

I can't evaluate for THF or DNC. For those jobs, who get access to much better Crit/Cdmg gear, I'm more curious to see how it performs as main hand vs the other typical options.
It probably won't come out as the best but I can see it placing pretty high in the list.
I guess it depends on the special effect and how exactely that will convert to real Crit+% numbers.
 Asura.Schurzen
By Asura.Schurzen 2019-03-11 04:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
You sure it's exactely the same? Activates when you engage etc?
If that's so I guess I could trade the Coruscanti to receive the upgraded Kaja Knife...

Not sure what to make out of that knife yet, to be fair, but if it can be at least a lockstyle replacement for Coruscanti it's fine I suppose.

Yes, I tested it and was it was on Stream also. Sec let me clip it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 20 21 22