First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 97 98 99
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-05-29 06:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
this is probably main reason you wont see Prime bow for RDM :) No good arrows allowed for non RNG (and I guess SAM):)

*Pulls out Raetic Arrows* No good arrows for non RNGs?

Still sore about Scout bolts being Blacksmithing.

Just because they are free good arrows, doesn't mean they'll be better than chrono arrows as that would invalidate the need to get the aeonic too. POKEMON! I can easily see the counter point that this bow is RNG only and it's exceptional arrows are also RNG only so that they can balance it for RNGs.

Maxentius for BLU is as good if not better than Naegling (beside attack bonus), so not sure what more do you expect?

Maxentius, Beryllium Mace, and Loxotic Mace all bring amazing mace choices to jobs with decent club skill, but it still bugs me that PLD has A+ skill in clubs and no REMA to show for it. If this is potentially their last hurrah, at least for the foreseeable future and they are blatantly changing a texture on old weapons to avoid having to make new assets, then why not get more milage out of them so long as they can give everyone something that makes them feel good while still being in the realm of balance?

They were clearly ok with Rostram for COR as "not a REMA" and it blatantly got more people to play a support, ANY support, instead of everyone bringing their poorly geared dps to every fight. I honestly believe that the route to making people happy to play all the jobs is to make them a little broken, just like every other job if you put in the time to gear them.

In that idea they could make the prime bow really good and have several jobs on it. The arrows are decent and free so more jobs will be willing to try ranged strats. No one is going to get close to Hover Shot's level of just a little broken except maybe Mighty Strikes WAR but they don't get empy AM so probably not. RNG also gets on the prime axe so they have something new to play with that has slashing damage that might not be a savage blade naegling build. 1h Axe can afford to be good because BST needs it to be at this point. Also RNG on the gun, but that's kind of a duh. As a RNG player, I would happily chase down all 3 of those options and be occupied instead of have less to do and more time to angry post on forums.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-05-29 09:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if they are going to give new weaponskills or if it’s going to just buff pre existing ones.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-05-30 08:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we are all hoping for new WSs but now that you mention modifying existing WSs like ambu weapons i could see it.

I think I'm hoping for a physical, STR mod Archery WS that either has a level 3 property of Darkness for diversity or level 1 property of Scission and/or Induration. I would also accept a Hybrid WS that has a higher starting FTP than flaming arrow with good WS properties and an element that works well for future content. I kind of assume we're going to be fighting demons in Valhalla so a physical WS sounds more appealing than trying to deal with demons genericly taking less magic damage.

Make something that takes advantage of Hover Shot and True Shot that address future content. So basically not a full magical WS or Blast Shot.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-17 00:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So, after I tossed the lightning arrowheads that the gobbiebox gave me today, it made me think...

How about some new elemental arrows and a Prime bow that massively pumps up their damage? Somewhat of a RNG equivalent to what RDM's Crocea Mors does for enspells, and maybe more of a niche for Bow to actually have some purpose.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-17 00:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
So, after I tossed the lightning arrowheads that the gobbiebox gave me today, it made me think...

How about some new elemental arrows and a Prime bow that massively pumps up their damage? Somewhat of a RNG equivalent to what RDM's Crocea Mors does for enspells, and maybe more of a niche for Bow to actually have some purpose.
Probably more likely to see eventual multi-element bolts to use with a Path C Sharanga, at least in my book. If only because adding what you're after would mean reworking both a bow and higher level elemental arrows, vs just the ammunition.

EDIT: also would be nice to expand the differences between crossbows and guns. We don't need an xbow-unique WS or anything of that extreme, but building off the status bolts into a viable change in white damage (elemental ammo) is a direction I view as both manageable on SE's part and in line with intent of xbows.

...not to mention, another function for our Su5 weapon could be very interesting and welcome I'm sure to those who craft it^^
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-06-17 11:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Probably more likely to see eventual multi-element bolts to use with a Path C Sharanga, at least in my book. If only because adding what you're after would mean reworking both a bow and higher level elemental arrows, vs just the ammunition.

EDIT: also would be nice to expand the differences between crossbows and guns. We don't need an xbow-unique WS or anything of that extreme, but building off the status bolts into a viable change in white damage (elemental ammo) is a direction I view as both manageable on SE's part and in line with intent of xbows.

...not to mention, another function for our Su5 weapon could be very interesting and welcome I'm sure to those who craft it^^

I'm 500% behind getting more x-bows and bolts like that. Abrasion bolts are sexy af.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-17 14:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I certainly wouldn't be against any attention give to bolt added effects and crossbow differentiation... but I do kinda feel like the point is that Marksmanship is in such a better position than Archery, that bows/arrows actually need some kind of change a whole lot more. Would be kind of insulting at this point to give Crossbows a cool new buff and ignore Archery.

And that's one of the small number of truly unique things about bow: it had the 6 elemental arrows (with crossbow getting light/dark in Holy Bolts and Darkling Bolts). Just like Crocea Mors made an existing concept (enspells) a whole lot more relevant, just adjusting damage on elemental arrows could make that something worth actually paying attention to in today's game, and a very practical reason to want to use a bow.

Perhaps Cele is right that changing a bow AND ammo is too much of an ask. So maybe just a new line of actually strong ilevel elemental arrows for fire, lightning, wind, ice, water, earth. Balanced to the point where it would actually be appealing to use Archery over Marksmanship in situations where you could take advantage of a particular element.

And hey, maybe the way you make Prime Bow unique is to give it an effect like the Bonanza gun not consuming stackable ammo, to make it an appealing choice so you don't have to keep consuming elemental ammunition :)

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
I'm 500% behind getting more x-bows and bolts like that. Abrasion bolts are sexy af.

They're also unavailable af. Even on Asura there have only been 3 stacks sold on the AH in the past 4 months. On my server, 5 stacks have been sold since August 2018! Which is why I say ANY new ammo that doesn't come for free from an ultimate weapon/accessory should be purchasable from NPCs. They do this for Ninja tools and Corsair cards, no reason to ignore ammo.

But heck yeah, I'd like to see crossbow differentiated more by leaning into status bolts! And bow getting elemental damage bolts!
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-17 15:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Archery needs something, and I do think SE is aware of that based on recent changes that encourage more shooting time vs melee time on RNG- my hope is via the empy gear, and with all the Odyssey stuff that boosts True Shot (including Mpaca's Bow), I secretly hope for something that increases that "sweet spot" for True Shot, pushing Archery into a safe zone, making that gear matter. Right now, I feel like either i'm shooting too far from True Shot to be safe in ranged strats, or too close because I'm meleeing and scooting back to True Shot distance breaks up TP speed.

True Elemental Arrows are a staple in classic FF games as well- there's certainly a place for such a thing and would definitely help. And man, you wanna talk about making BLMs angry? I don't know what side I'd fight for!
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-17 15:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of Sharanga path C... there's no real use for it outside of being a solid non-RMEA option, right? I'm sure it was discussed before, but just to be sure ;)

If I understand the effect correctly, it's just a dmg and acc boost to the normal ammo stats. Which means it does have the highest dmg and lowest delay as compared to any of the Marksmanship REMAs + ammo. Assuming max augments on all of the weapons, combined weapon+ammo dmg/dly:

Sharanga/Quelling: 496.5 dmg 472 dly
Gastra/Quelling: 326 dmg 624 dly
Armageddon/Chrono: 451 dmg 822 dly
Fomalhaut/Chrono: 478 dmg 840 dly
Annihilator/Chrono: 455 dmg 822 dly

That dmg/dly makes Sharanga seem sort of appealing, until you consider that:

1) Even when focusing more on white damage, Armageddon actually has an effective average damage that's MUCH higher due to the impact of Empy AM, and better WS numbers thanks to all of the AGI on the gun. Gastra is also higher effective damage with Mythic AM3 up (40% double damage, 20% triple damage), and obviously wrecks things with Trueflight when that's a viable WS. And then Fomalhaut is not too far behind on DMG, but a lot stronger on WS thanks to the TP Bonus.

2) Hover shot greatly reduces the benefit of super low delay, since you still have to dance around to maximize hover damage. So, as compared to something like Fomalhaut where in theory Sharanga should shoot much faster... that doesn't actually work so well in practice when doing the Hover dance. Hover kind of destroyed Sharanga's biggest selling point, IMO.

True Elemental Arrows are a staple in classic FF games as well- there's certainly a place for such a thing and would definitely help. And man, you wanna talk about making BLMs angry? I don't know what side I'd fight for!

That being said, if RNG had a good elemental damage option that didn't nerf BLM damage due to nuke wall... Hey, our BLM friends might not mind so much that there's another elemental DD alongside them. Better than the RDM SCH GEO (or that SECOND BLM who you're fighting with to hit first MB lol), who are taking the shine off the BLM's nuke damage ;)
[+]
By Nariont 2022-06-17 17:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Never really had a chance, the light bolt dmg even with path c is too low compared to other options, insult to injury this is the same update that gave crocea which coupled with composure enspells just laughs at the light dmg considering the speed/ma and then it even boosts wsd unlike the path c xbow.

Its main use is the same as the rest; best/only way to cap sb
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-06-17 17:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I see people mentioning the SU5 is it really any good?
By Nariont 2022-06-17 17:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Its below every other rema option afaik
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-17 18:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Never really had a chance, the light bolt dmg even with path c is too low compared to other options, insult to injury this is the same update that gave crocea which coupled with composure enspells just laughs at the light dmg considering the speed/ma and then it even boosts wsd unlike the path c xbow.

Its main use is the same as the rest; best/only way to cap sb

Light Bolt = Scout Bolt?

I have woodworking on my main. I'd need some amazing motivation to make blacksmithing shield.

I could see Alchemy on a mule for Abrasion bolt heads because it doesn't require a shield.

I might even take the time to see what the market for Raetic Arrows are on pheonix if i can make a decent profit.
By Nariont 2022-06-17 18:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes scout's bolt, theyre okay dont get me wrong, just not good enough
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-17 19:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah they really have to be worth it unless you already happen to have a Blacksmithing shield and you just so happen to like playing RNG, not with a mythic but still picked crossbow.

That's a lot of ifs
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-06-18 10:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

They're also unavailable af. Even on Asura there have only been 3 stacks sold on the AH in the past 4 months. On my server, 5 stacks have been sold since August 2018!

Is there even a demand for Abrasion bolts? I was just looking up ingredients, and the NQ synth netting 6 arrowheads costs about 60-130k depending on if you get ores or ingots. Then there's 6 synergy tries at HQ as well, this seems cheap to me. I do have access to all crafts and synergy, so I'm looking at this at a different perspective. If anyone on Bis wants these, I could hook them up I guess.
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-06-18 11:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Abrasion bolts can be bought on moogle vendor thats why, probably talking about scouts bolt, nobody sells those
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-06-18 13:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aburaage said: »
Abrasion bolts can be bought on moogle vendor thats why, probably talking about scouts bolt, nobody sells those

Ah, makes sense then. At 19k per pouch that kinda makes it pointless then lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-18 23:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That being said, if RNG had a good elemental damage option that didn't nerf BLM damage due to nuke wall... Hey, our BLM friends might not mind so much that there's another elemental DD alongside them. Better than the RDM SCH GEO (or that SECOND BLM who you're fighting with to hit first MB lol), who are taking the shine off the BLM's nuke damage ;)

I think this could be a feasible way to take things, and to include one of your personal favs....NINs are no slouch with elemental damage that won't affect a nuke wall. I'm not saying there's some secret hidden meta to bring BLMs back, but if you could buff for elemental damage and have it benefit multiple people, without completely gimping your primary DD, that's a great thing in my book.

If RNG had true multi-element properties that benefited from MAB/INT and not just yet more AGI, then adding a BLM and NIN into the mix could be interesting. RUN NIN RNG COR BLM GEO or something fun like that, long skillchains and bursting all out the arse- all the while the RNG's white dmg gets boosted as well.
By SimonSes 2022-06-19 05:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

NINs are no slouch with elemental damage that won't affect a nuke wall.

Are you sure about that? I thought that NIN nukes werent affected by nuke wall, but they were still creating nuke wall for other nukes affected by it.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-19 08:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

NINs are no slouch with elemental damage that won't affect a nuke wall.

Are you sure about that? I thought that NIN nukes werent affected by nuke wall, but they were still creating nuke wall for other nukes affected by it.

That is definitely something I haven't heard before, but wouldn't put it past SE to let NINs get the free nuke whenever, you're fine- but then make other traditional magic users get hampered by that NIN's handiwork.

Might have to go out with a few nins and just spam nukes on something.
By SimonSes 2022-06-19 09:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I recall something like that from some Ongo testimony I think.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-19 09:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ok now I have a Sunday project :) Time to dig, time to run out to a field with a few NINs ^^
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-06-20 17:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone mind posting up to date mid shot/last stand sets? Trying to get ranger ready for lion. Non Emp weapon sets that is.

Also outside of the enmity reduction how does r15 relic compare to r15 aeonic on this fight?
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-20 21:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ok now I have a Sunday project :) Time to dig, time to run out to a field with a few NINs ^^

I am completely interested in the results.

And also while we are completely off topic in the RNG thread: does Divine Magic hit or affect the nuke wall at all? I can get ok burst numbers if a Daybreak is involved on a couple jobs with weatherspoon and orpheus sash both ready to kick *** for the lord. It would be nice to know if Luminohelix 2 can be thrown without any regards for whatever else is being cast around it.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-20 21:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bynebill said: »
Anyone mind posting up to date mid shot/last stand sets? Trying to get ranger ready for lion. Non Emp weapon sets that is.

Also outside of the enmity reduction how does r15 relic compare to r15 aeonic on this fight?

I get that empys cost money, but this is a great fight for either of them. It's not like R15s are cheap
 Bismarck.Drakelth
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2022-06-20 21:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bynebill said: »

this is what I am currently using.

sets.precast.WS["Last Stand"] = set_combine(sets.precast.WS, {
head="Orion Beret +3",
body="Ikenga's Vest",(I swap these around depending on the content)
--body="Nyame Mail",(I swap these around depending on the content)
hands="Nyame Gauntlets",
legs="Arcadian braccae +3",
feet="Nyame Sollerets",
neck="Scout's Gorget +2",
waist="Fotia Belt",
left_ear="moonshade Earring",
right_ear="Ishvara Earring",
left_ring="Regal Ring",
right_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20
Rng.Atk.+20','Rng.Atk.+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},

sets.midcast.RA = {
head={ name="Arcadian Beret +3", augments={'Enhances "Recycle" effect',}},
body="Nisroch Jerkin",
hands="Malignance Gloves",
legs={ name="Adhemar Kecks +1", augments={'AGI+12','Rng.Acc.+20','Rng.Atk.+20',}},
feet="Malignance Boots",
neck={ name="Scout's Gorget +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Kwahu Kachina Belt +1",
left_ear="Dedition Earring",
right_ear="Telos Earring",
left_ring="Regal Ring",
right_ring="Ilabrat Ring",
back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','AGI+10','"Store TP"+10',}},

But I did the tiger with a r7 arma so idk if this is of any actual use lol
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-06-20 22:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
I get that empys cost money

Honestly more about the annoyance of NM camping than anything, not against making it just other priorities atm.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2022-06-20 22:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

for non-AM3 Midshot I use this:
sets.midcast.RA = {
head="Arcadian Beret +3",
body="Nisroch Jerkin",
hands="Ikenga's Gloves",
legs="Ikenga's Trousers",
feet="Arcadian Socks +3",
neck="Scout's Gorget +1",
ear1="Dedition Earring",
ear2="Telos Earring",
ring1="Regal Ring",
ring2="Crepuscular Ring",
back=RNGCape.RA,
waist="K. Kachina Belt +1",
}
for EmpAM3 Midshot:
set_combine(sets.midcast.RA, {
head="Meghanada Visor +2",
body="Nisroch Jerkin",
hands="Kobo Kote",
legs="Mummu Kecks +2",
feet="Osh. Leggings +1",
ring1="Begrudging Ring",
ring2="Mummu Ring",
})

there are various swaps to be made for Store TP (basically, compare Malignance and Ikenga and pick whichever is higher), when you are at attack cap, etc.
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 97 98 99