You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99
 Asura.Brahk
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Brahk
By Asura.Brahk 2019-02-16 17:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellent work! Happy to see the RNGs get a current day guide.
By kunami 2019-02-16 17:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slycooper said: »
There is a COR cape in the midshot starter.

How embarrassing. Ironically, I made all these sets by hand.

It's fixed now. Also uploaded the new "corrected" fan art.
[+]
By Cronnus 2019-02-16 17:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I use this exact Jishnu's Radiance Set. It's good, but man it lacks acc so bad. I played around with escha suzaku and missed probably 30% of the Jish. Might have to change a lot of pieces around for a high ranged acc Jish set.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2019-02-16 19:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

kunami said: »
Vishwambhari said: »
Worth pointing out that yoichi is the only option you have for a ranged distortion WS, which a cor can turn into a darkness SC with LS.

I have added a little note about it. Thanks.

You could Split Shot > Trueflight = Distortion since you know they will have a gun.

Split Shot (COR) > Trueflight (RNG) > Leaden Salute (COR) > Wildfire (RNG) lets both players avoid sitting on TP and makes Double Dark

____
You wouldn't get accuracy bonus or conserve tp from /DRG, since you already have it.

Nice guide, i love q/a on last stand. It really did need to be said. I'm assuming assets for the ambu weapons arent available yet so you haven't included them yet.
By kunami 2019-02-16 20:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks I corrected the drg sub job thing.

Yes you are right, the Kaja weapons aren't in FFXIAH db yet. No idea when that is going to happen but I will get them in as soon as I can.
[+]
By Vishwambhari 2019-02-17 02:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Vishwambhari said: »
Worth pointing out that yoichi is the only option you have for a ranged distortion WS, which a cor can turn into a darkness SC with LS.

I have added a little note about it. Thanks.

You could Split Shot > Trueflight = Distortion since you know they will have a gun.

Split Shot (COR) > Trueflight (RNG) > Leaden Salute (COR) > Wildfire (RNG) lets both players avoid sitting on TP and makes Double Dark

____
You wouldn't get accuracy bonus or conserve tp from /DRG, since you already have it.

Nice guide, i love q/a on last stand. It really did need to be said. I'm assuming assets for the ambu weapons arent available yet so you haven't included them yet.

That's indeed doable, but it looks like less dps than simple Namas -> LS (which remains niche, don't get me wrong). Also it wouldn't benefit from inundation.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-02-17 05:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You lose Inundation but you gain a higher multiplier from the extra step. You also likely gain damage from the Trueflight/Distortion themselves, as well as possibly some MB damage if there are nukers. I'm not sure how you can definitively say that's less DPS. It would be in some instances but not in others.
By Vishwambhari 2019-02-17 06:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
You lose Inundation but you gain a higher multiplier from the extra step. You also likely gain damage from the Trueflight/Distortion themselves, as well as possibly some MB damage if there are nukers. I'm not sure how you can definitively say that's less DPS. It would be in some instances but not in others.
Yes, i agree, it's situational.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-17 11:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably worth listing that Fomalhaut is a good trueflight option under the RMEA sections. Obviously Gastraphetes is better, but most endgame players have easy access to aeonics and a mythic is always a pretty big undertaking.

If not augmented, the difference between gastra and fom is pretty small. Augmented gastra blows fom away, but it's still the next best thing.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-02-17 12:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

shubb1282 said: »
Not a dig on the guide or anything, but ever since my buddy Bla pointed it out. That nice fan art drives me nuts. Can't shoot a bow like that, strings on the wrong side of the arm. Forgive me if this was pointed out somewhere before.
Name is crap, and takes too long to scroll. /nerdthings
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-02-17 12:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a good guide btw, good job, man.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-02-17 12:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Probably worth listing that Fomalhaut is a good trueflight option under the RMEA sections. Obviously Gastraphetes is better, but most endgame players have easy access to aeonics and a mythic is always a pretty big undertaking.

If not augmented, the difference between gastra and fom is pretty small. Augmented gastra blows fom away, but it's still the next best thing.

This. I was parsing approximately 12% below an unaug’d gastra over the course of a dyna with all othe gear essentially being equal. Speaking of was damage
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-17 13:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

This. I was parsing approximately 12% below an unaug’d gastra over the course of a dyna with all othe gear essentially being equal. Speaking of was damage

No real need for this post outside of agreement. That TP bonus is just crazy good for Trueflight, and definitely makes it the 2nd best option. For most Rangers, Fomalhaut is a great multipurpose weapon until the completionist bug bites ya.

And of course it doesn't need to be said, but its Trueflights under 2249TP where Foma is closest to Gastra. Above that, Gastra starts to pull ahead faster.
[+]
By daviant 2019-02-18 10:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The Ranger's Prayer

Our Ammo,
Which art in quivers,
Quelling be thy name.
Thy Recycle come,
Thy Wide Scan done,
In Jeuno as well as Tu'lia.
Give us this day our daily Trueflight,
And forgive us our hate-stealing,
As we forgive weak-*** Tanks.
And lead us not into meleeing,
But deliver us all the Doubleshots.

This is the best part of the post, ya'll almost got me in trouble at work.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By kunami 2019-02-25 07:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have good or better augments on your Malevolences they are better for Trueflight unless you need mega magic accuracy, I would say.

Kaja: 13 MAB, 35 Macc, 217 Mdmg, Macc Skill +242
Malevolence: 34 MAB (+10 aug), 25 Macc (+10 aug), 118 Mdmg, Macc Skill + 201

I don't know the difference between +Magic Accuracy and +Magic Accuracy Skill, but if you are doing content where you are getting resisted (Wave 3?) the Kaja might be worth it if your herc augments are not there yet. Otherwise, the MAB is multiplicative and Mdmg is additive, so the Malevolence should pull ahead there.

For Last Stand I don't see any remotely redeeming stats on the Kaja weapons relative to Perun and Nusku Shield, since LS is very dependent on Ranged Attack.

The others here may correct me if I am wrong, however.
[+]
By Zephin 2019-02-25 09:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gordel said: »
Are any of the kaja weapons worth using over malevolence for true flight or even last stand?

Lvl1 rabbit

Trueflight
Kaja off hand - 14500 dmg
Male off hand - 15200 dmg

Both at same tp, same gear, except off hand.
[+]
By olson2189 2019-02-25 11:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So the Double Shot rate+ from Oshosi gear is useless without the Double Shot ability up, but does it work in conjunction with the 5% base Double Shot you get from the Arcadian Jerkin?
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2019-02-25 11:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Zephin said: »
Asura.Gordel said: »
Are any of the kaja weapons worth using over malevolence for true flight or even last stand?

Lvl1 rabbit

Trueflight
Kaja off hand - 14500 dmg
Male off hand - 15200 dmg

Both at same tp, same gear, except off hand.

This really doesn't answer the question..

This just shows MAB vs MACC which we already know MAB makes the major impact on TF Magic WSD formula.. The Lvl 1 Rabbit test is not ideal to answer this question.. you want to test your WSD gearset against Wave 3 Volte NMs and mobs with buffs as well as other high level content..

We all know as stated above Kaja has lower MAB vs Male so Kaja will do less on a Lvl 1 mob.. Lol..
 Asura.Teutates
user: Teutates
By Asura.Teutates 2019-02-25 11:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Great guide, thanks alot!!
By kunami 2019-02-25 13:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I added the Kaja items to the melee sets in the node, and as an "Acc swap" for TF.

I started putting together a Decimation set but I was looking at the BST guide and they look like they prioritize DA for that WS so I guess I need to look around at what gear ranger can wear for that other than just putting 5/5 Herc in with STR and TA augments I guess?
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2019-02-26 06:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be my guess. Fotia x2. Brutal/Sherida. Whatever your best rings are and make a cape if you care to.

The plus is the herc pieces are your Resolution pieces if you play RUN. If you happen to have any Quad attack pieces that are reasonable, the ws is 3+1 with dual wield, so quad is pretty valuable.
By kunami 2019-02-26 07:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 364977

This is what I got so far.
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2019-02-26 09:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Could do something like:

ItemSet 365320

Replace Moonsahde with Brutal/Telos/Cessance depending on Acc/Attack, and RNG Cape with DA/STR/Acc/Attack. Path B Adhemar.
By kunami 2019-02-26 09:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Turns out my brain was in lunar orbit and spaced that Adhemar even existed.
By vinnyp 2019-02-26 13:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Love the guide! Much needed.

Quick question:

Thoughts on swapping Pursuer's Gaiters for Arcadian Socks +3 for your Gastra Flurry I & II sets? Stats are identical for Rapid Shot % and somewhat similar for the majority of other stats. The only real difference is you're swapping subtle blow for critical hit rate.

Pursuer's: DEF:69 HP+13 STR+12 DEX+29 VIT+10 AGI+44 MND+12 CHR+30 Ranged Accuracy+20 Magic Accuracy+15 Evasion+72 Magic Evasion+69 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+4% Enmity-7 PATH A: AGI+10, Rapid Shot+10, Subtle Blow+7

Arcadian Socks +3: DEF:88 HP+33 STR+24 DEX+34 VIT+20 AGI+51 MND+22 CHR+40 Ranged Accuracy+36 Ranged Attack+81 Magic Accuracy+36 Evasion+92 Magic Evasion+89 "Magic Def. Bonus"+7 Haste+4% Enmity-8 "Rapid Shot"+10 Critical hit rate +8%
By Taint 2019-02-26 13:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Both are Pre-shot so they are equal.

I’d lean towards socks+3 in case your mid-shot doesn’t swap. (Hello dynamislag)
[+]
By olson2189 2019-02-27 16:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

olson2189 said: »
So the Double Shot rate+ from Oshosi gear is useless without the Double Shot ability up, but does it work in conjunction with the 5% base Double Shot you get from the Arcadian Jerkin?

Anyone have any idea on this?
By Cronnus 2019-02-28 09:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you asking if the 5% base stacks with the Osh gear when double shot ability is up? I'd say it does. I only use Arc Jerkin when double shot is up. Not worth it imo for a 5% chance at double shotting over STP options. I'm not sure if I answered your question though :/
By olson2189 2019-02-28 09:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cronnus said: »

Are you asking if the 5% base stacks with the Osh gear when double shot ability is up? I'd say it does. I only use Arc Jerkin when double shot is up. Not worth it imo for a 5% chance at double shotting over STP options. I'm not sure if I answered your question though :/

Not quite. I'm asking if Oshosi stacks with the base 5% from the Jerkin when Double Shot is not up. The ability isn't up, but you do have some level of base Double Shot with the body, so does the Double Shot+ from Oshosi kick in?

If that were true, with Oshosi+1 in the rest of the slots, you'd be at 27% DS without the ability up, plus the chance of turning DS into TS. Whether or not that's better than a full STP set, idk.
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99