First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 97 98 99
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-03-03 13:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I went to check cause it seemed wrong, AH advanced search shows zero ilvl shields when you search subhand

That's a solid bug right there; https://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&slots[]=2#adv
it does, just the list is order based on item id, and it doesn't populate with everything. if have rng job selected, toggle on 119 only and select sub, you'll see nusku at the bottom.

you can also put "def:" in the description and it'll filter out every weapon

https://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&slots[]=2&description=def%3A&onlymax=1#adv
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-03 13:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but if you leave the 119 only, off, it's broken

https://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&slots[]=2&description=DEF#adv
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-03-03 13:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Yeah but if you leave the 119 only, off, it's broken
it's not, it shows in order of item id. shields are just a higher id and the results only allows so many items.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-03 13:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

TIL Is that not "broken" though lol? failing to show the full list.
By Mattelot 2022-03-03 13:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »

Yeah, someone posted it in our Discord and I knew it was fake at first glance. Amateur photoshop work but 9/10 because some people took the bait.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-03-03 15:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »

Yeah, someone posted it in our Discord and I knew it was fake at first glance. Amateur photoshop work but 9/10 because some people took the bait.
HEY NOW NO SHAMING!!!!

....my eyes are old.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-03-03 16:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omegus said: »
Does Cor need more when they have pixie hairpin and archon ring

Troll photoshop job or not, I do think it’s worth pumping up non-SB weapon skills for jobs that aren’t traditionally sword focused. COR still uses SB a whole lot, and anything to encourage marksmanship WS instead is kinda a win in my book. Who cares if COR already has some nice Leaden pieces, give them even more. I’m not jealous and wanting only RNG to get nice toys.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-03-03 16:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor can get more stuff after rng gets a double light endgame event.
[+]
By Mattelot 2022-03-03 17:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Mattelot said: »

HEY NOW NO SHAMING!!!!

....my eyes are old.

You're younger than me, spring chicken! :P
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2022-03-03 18:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The most accurate thing about those items is that BST wasn't included on them.
[+]
By Weeew 2022-03-04 00:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »

I can't believe I didn't think about that!
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-03-04 14:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »
Bahamut.Unagihito said: »

I can't believe I didn't think about that!

Should have made a 119 pixie hairpin with Stat vomit on it, would have caught some fish too :-D
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2022-03-04 17:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Thesteja
user: thesteja
By Asura.Thesteja 2022-03-05 08:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

would i see much difference if i used Warder's Charm +1 r15 when im skillchaining?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-05 09:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thesteja said: »
would i see much difference if i used Warder's Charm +1 r15 when im skillchaining?

You've got to be a bit more specific. Is it Scout+2 vs Warder+1? Are you attack capped? What ws is closing the sc? How much SC+ is in the rest of your set?

The likely simple answer is nope. Giving up damage on the ws (which lowers sc damage too)
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-03-05 12:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thesteja said: »

With such a detailed question I can give you this answer: between +0% and +10% to skillchain damage and between -?% and +?% to overall dps.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-03-17 18:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've complained once and I'll complain again. I'm tired of bows being ***. And don't just make Gandiva the strongest bow.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-03-17 19:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
I've complained once and I'll complain again. I'm tired of bows being ***. And don't just make Gandiva the strongest bow.

There's only about 2 ways that will ever happen in my book.

1. A unique elemental WS of a different element (personally, I'd vote Thunder) than we can't get via Marksmanship to compete with Trueflight/Wildfire/Leaden Salute for ranged damage options.

2. Archery-unique boosts to existing job abilities/traits. The True Shot sweet spot for Archery should allow users of bows to stand at safe distances to really expose the differences between Archery and Marksmanship. Extra "Dead Aim" for Archery. Sharpshot adds a damage to just bows. Those kinds of options.

They'll never be able to just come out with a new bow/arrow that "fixes" Archery. Its going to take some kind of give and take relationship that can be abused with bows, but has zero effect on guns/crossbows...maybe there is a model for that kind of fix in the way we see Fencer allows WARs to succeed with 1-handed weapons and not just Hasso their cares away without thought. But I don't expect any kind of attempt until Empy+3 (I'm holding out hope that the Empy Hands will grow into something along these lines).
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-03-17 20:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Archery WS's need fixed that's all, so many of them are just mediocre.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-03-19 18:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG is my favorite job in the game. Its just annoying how we always seem to get handed the short stick. Hover shot was a nice addition. But that isn't enough to sway bring us over a cor. Especially when we have to keep moving. Arebati and one T1 is the only thing I think rng is actually called for in "endgame" content. If dyna w3 is still endgame, some want Kclub.

Its just annoying that rng since 2006-7ish has been thrown to the back burner. And the only time that it was "great" you needed Anni. As long as events continue to be favored to cor like double darkness weather. RNG will always fall behind with having to go the extra mile.
By Vaerix 2022-03-20 02:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Arebati and one T1 is the only thing I think rng is actually called for in "endgame" content.

I agree that no one ever asks me to RNG over cor unless it's something rng is obscenely good at (Iron Giant Ambu), but I've found a lot of enjoyment using RNG and making my own groups for Omen, annihilator and pup tanks really let you just demolish some bosses and ignore all mechanics.

After making Cor and only making RNG for Arebati I didn't think I'd ever really play the job, but I think it really comes down to the players you associate with.

And don't lose hope, maybe empy+3 will be in a double light event where we can be the new bandwagon.
[+]
By Weeew 2022-03-20 04:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know what you guys are on about! Ranger is the best melee DPS in the game...

Full malignance = Tank
Kraken Club = First to 3k
Naegling = Do I need to say more?
[+]
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2022-03-20 05:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I will admit we are a bit of a diva needing buffs, but, with buffs its disgusting dps potential is rivaled by few jobs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2022-04-01 02:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

How good are Odyssey weapons compared to the other no REMA options? Thinking about gearing a budget option RNG for Ody purposes.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-04-01 03:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranger is in the same place its been at for close to a decade- an extremely safe and viable option for DPS in a variety of situations.

Our problems arise from two sources.

First, that we use unique buffs from melee DPS and that makes mixing us with other DDs difficult, whereas one can mix MNKs, DRGs, SAMs, etc all they want and for the most part, buff the same. This means for any content that's alliance-sized, you can't just be "the good RNG" people know and make something happen. You need to commit to that setup and have multiple people who can fit into it successfully.

And secondly, once a strat is talked about that isn't ranged-based and someone shows a target can be melee'ed, there naturally is more interest in using that concept than something different. So what we often see is the natural "evolution" of tactics from safety to speed. SMN or BLM concepts lead to ranged strats lead to melee strats.

Sometimes, we can show that ranged methods accomplish both- more often than not, though, a group has to choose. And in terms of still-relevant content that people do ranged:

-2 of 5 omen bosses are done with ranged methods more than not.
-2 of 7 reisenjima HELMs are, in my opinion, won most predictably with ranged strats.
-ranged damage is viable and workable on 2 of 6 A3 Odyssey:Gaol NMs, and preferred on 1.
-several ambuscades are easier to make pickup groups and avoid mechanics if using ranged damage vs "following the rules".

We don't need to be capable of being great DDs on every target in the game, in particular when the fundamental design of that game is the ability to change jobs. MNKs aren't great everywhere, and BLMs certainly are used a lot less than us for anything viable. And yes, we can function even in melee moments if care is taken to build those sets properly- that's not something a WAR or DRG or DRK can say in terms of versatility.

Be patient. With new content comes new foes, and like always, first the Rangers will be called in to handle the nasty AoE ones, and only with time and power creep will those melees take it away from us^^
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-04-01 07:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Galakar said: »
How good are Odyssey weapons compared to the other no REMA options? Thinking about gearing a budget option RNG for Ody purposes.

You are asking how good are Odyssey weapons for RNG doing stuff in Odyssey?

Gleti's Crossbow is ok for non REMA, but it's probably better to go for Guns like Holliday, if you plan to use that RNG for Arebati for example.
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2022-04-01 07:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you! That was the question.
 Cerberus.Gahlek
Server: Cerberus
user: Gahlek
By Cerberus.Gahlek 2022-04-01 08:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG is my favorite job too.

Regarding RNG problems affecting content and invites though, my magic wish would be for RNG's ranged attack mechanics to behave similarly to melee's engaged mechanics: ranged auto-attacking if engaged and facing the target from afar (without using an addon). Being interrupted during a ranged attack motion while trying to utilize a job ability centered on hopping around drives me crazy.

I would even be happy if SE simply removed all interruptions on ranged attacks. I'm not sure how the game codes or handles that effect.

For melee jobs we spend a lot of time and energy optimizing things like gear haste, dual wield, etc... and can see immediate results. We do the same thing for RNG, but I think it's harder to access and experience some of those optimizations simply due to the mechanics of ranged attacks.

I guess maybe the safety benefit of attacking from afar balances out the clunky RNG dps dance?
By SimonSes 2022-04-01 09:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Gahlek said: »
Regarding RNG problems affecting content and invites though, my magic wish would be for RNG's ranged attack mechanics to behave similarly to melee's engaged mechanics: ranged auto-attacking if engaged and facing the target from afar (without using an addon). Being interrupted during a ranged attack motion while trying to utilize a job ability centered on hopping around drives me crazy.

Auto-attack with ra would work terrible with Hover Shot tho.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2022-04-01 09:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Ranger is in the same place its been at for close to a decade- an extremely safe and viable option for DPS in a variety of situations.

Our problems arise from two sources.

First, that we use unique buffs from melee DPS and that makes mixing us with other DDs difficult, whereas one can mix MNKs, DRGs, SAMs, etc all they want and for the most part, buff the same. This means for any content that's alliance-sized, you can't just be "the good RNG" people know and make something happen. You need to commit to that setup and have multiple people who can fit into it successfully.

And secondly, once a strat is talked about that isn't ranged-based and someone shows a target can be melee'ed, there naturally is more interest in using that concept than something different. So what we often see is the natural "evolution" of tactics from safety to speed. SMN or BLM concepts lead to ranged strats lead to melee strats.

Sometimes, we can show that ranged methods accomplish both- more often than not, though, a group has to choose. And in terms of still-relevant content that people do ranged:

-2 of 5 omen bosses are done with ranged methods more than not.
-2 of 7 reisenjima HELMs are, in my opinion, won most predictably with ranged strats.
-ranged damage is viable and workable on 2 of 6 A3 Odyssey:Gaol NMs, and preferred on 1.
-several ambuscades are easier to make pickup groups and avoid mechanics if using ranged damage vs "following the rules".

We don't need to be capable of being great DDs on every target in the game, in particular when the fundamental design of that game is the ability to change jobs. MNKs aren't great everywhere, and BLMs certainly are used a lot less than us for anything viable. And yes, we can function even in melee moments if care is taken to build those sets properly- that's not something a WAR or DRG or DRK can say in terms of versatility.

Be patient. With new content comes new foes, and like always, first the Rangers will be called in to handle the nasty AoE ones, and only with time and power creep will those melees take it away from us^^

wait people use ranged strategies for omen aeonics still? my group does them all melee since its faster
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 97 98 99