user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-02-02 01:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nekhekh said: »
preshot to final shot macro help.

/equipset pre
/equipset mid
/equipset final

is there a wait needed or would that work?

/equipset to /equipset unfortunately does need a wait in between lines (1 second or more, IIRC). And when you add that wait, the shot will often mess up and leave you in wrong gear - especially if you mash a macro, when Rapid Shot procs, etc.

However... if you use Windower (but not Gearswap), you can get around this with a little trick of using one Windower gear set (.txt file in your windower/scripts) and one ingame /equipset - which requires no <wait> and is very reliable.

Setup:
(1) I build 3 ingame /equipsets for preshot with varying amounts of snapshot, based on whether I have no flurry, flurry 1, or flurry 2 - let's say those are /equipsets 50, 51, and 52 in the game.
(2) Then do as many Windower ranged "midshot" sets (the gear you want to hit the shot in) as you like. 98% of my shooting is in one of three midshot sets: STP focus, a Double Shot up set, and a crit set (very important for Empy). Personally, I just do 3 consecutive macro pages with the same structure (but incorporating the applicable preshot set in any macros on that page), and manually switch between them based on how much flurry I'm getting.

Then the appropriate macros would look like:
Line 1: /equipset 50
Line 2: /ra <t>
Line 3: /console exec [path to your windower set for whichever midshot set you want, for example "RNG/Stp.txt"]

Won't work with Equipset to Equipset, or from Windower macro to Windower macro. But it works great if you mix and match one equipset and one Windower macro. Little bit of voodoo there, but lets me avoid Gearswap, which I don't care for (not due to "it's cheating" type reasons, I just don't ever feel 100% in control using GS and that bugs me). BTW, same approach works fine for fast cast sets for spell casting.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nekhekh
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: nekhekh
By Bismarck.Nekhekh 2022-02-02 21:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you. I will have to look into that. I will also look into GS as well just good to have multiple options at times.
 Asura.Buffyslyph
Server: Asura
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2022-02-02 23:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What does a wave 1/wave 2 rng "melee for TP" kit look like? k. club off-hand, presumably malevolence on mainhand.

I'll be doing trueflight spam with geo/cor/sch support.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2022-02-03 05:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Buffyslyph said: »
What does a wave 1/wave 2 rng "melee for TP" kit look like? k. club off-hand, presumably malevolence on mainhand.

I'll be doing trueflight spam with geo/cor/sch support.
There's a few sets in the guide you can work with, insert nyame where you feel like.
By Hopalong 2022-02-03 08:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Line 3: /console exec [path to your windower set for whichever midshot set you want, for example "RNG/Stp.txt"]

You don't ever feel like SE can check your macros out? I suppose can't save them to server?
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2022-02-03 14:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm quite certain SE has never checked macros saved to the server ever in the history of ever.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-02-03 15:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't think they even save to a server unless you force it to. used to be a problem forever ago that you had to remake macros on every system you played on. now you can copy a character macros from the character select screen.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-02-04 01:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
You don't ever feel like SE can check your macros out? I suppose can't save them to server?

They clearly know lots of people use Windower, and I've not heard of a single person ever getting banned for having Windower macros saved to the server. I think the risk is incredibly low, but technically anything other than vanilla FFXI client is a third party program that could get you banned. Up to you.
By SimonSes 2022-02-04 02:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO macro strings alone wouldn't get you banned even if they checked it. Having anything there can't be a proof of using anything 3rd party. They could put you on some list of accounts to monitor and and actually catch you in game using something, but macros alone can't be a reason to ban anyone IMO.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-02-04 02:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Similar to Buffysylph's question above, but if you don't have a K.Club...

Anyone have a comparison between Tatenashi +1 R15 and Malignance if meleeing for TP? Of course, Malignance has serious defensive benefits that would be wise to keep in mind based on situation. But purely from an offensive standpoint, I'm curious how it breaks down for melee DPS.

I've used Malignance for a long time without really thinking about it a ton, but just recently tossed on my Tatenashi gear to go do Mythic WS trials (Abyssea, with a Mercurial Kris mainhand), and was pretty pleasantly surprised. If there isn't significant dangerous AoE, I'm kinda tempted to go with that combo of higher Acc, a lot of TA (that's way more relevant without K.Club), and still solid STP.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-02-04 02:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I do a mix of the two as a non-KC rng for my melee sets. I do also love the Tatenashi+1 set once RP'ed, but it is very risky compared to other TP builds that include Malignance/Nyame(path A). As a non-spreadsheeter as well, I'd imagine that when safety isn't an issue, a build that doesn't include Blurred Knife+1 would favor Tatenashi+1 at least in 3/4 available slots (saving body for Adhemar+1 and its Dual Wield). But that of course doesn't factor in AoE-heavy environments such as Dyna-D.

Right now I'm enjoying using Tatenashi hands/legs, while using Nyame Feet(easily replaced with Malignance Feet, I know I'm weird for having any Path A Nyame in the first place^^), and then Malignance Chapeau with Adhemar Jacket+1 for the main 5 slots. I tried including Tatenashi+1 feet in the above combo, but just wanted a little more safety in the set.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-02-04 03:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting, sounds pretty similar to what I'm thinking for a... "less safe" TP build. But if I'm fighting stuff with a solid tank and minimal dangerous AoE, not a bad option.

Malignance Chapeau is the easiest call (assuming some defense matters, removing Adhemar Bonnet +1 from consideration), despite it bugging the hell out of me that Tatenashi feels like an incomplete set (!!!) without a helm :P

I unfortunately don't have Tatenashi body, but that's one less option to have to worry about! So my debate there is Adehemar +1 like your set, or Malignance Tabard and get my DW elsewhere (like DW+10 cape and call it a day, and go with something like Sherida/Telos earrings).

And I've kinda been leaning toward 3x Tatenashi +1 R15 for the other 3 visible slots. I guess it's more a matter of just determining how much safety you want in a given TP set, and swap in more Malignance pieces as needed to get comfortable.
[+]
By Weeew 2022-02-04 08:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

any thoughts on:

February - Recycle ・Add feature
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2022-02-04 09:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »
any thoughts on:

February - Recycle ・Add feature

At first I thought it would be like adding something to the trait, like a higher percentage, but it seems like a new "feature"

I had conversations with friends, and we were also thinking maybe it's a feature to sell NPC'ables without needing to go to an NPC?
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2022-02-04 11:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The “Recycle” update is under Content and System-related, so most likely it will be something in regards to inventory.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-02-04 16:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe ammo will come back directly to stack you have equipped?
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-02-04 23:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Doesn't this already happen if the equipped stack is in inventory? I haven't shot bullets out of a wardrobe in a long time. Maybe next month they'll add the functionality to scavenge too if that's the change.
By Weeew 2022-02-05 00:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Recycle doesn't give you back ammo. That's scavenge.

Recycle just doesn't expend the ammo in the first place.
[+]
 Asura.Thesteja
user: thesteja
By Asura.Thesteja 2022-02-06 11:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

whats the best weapon to main hand with kclub those days?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-06 11:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thesteja said: »
whats the best weapon to main hand with kclub those days?
It would depend on what WS you are trying to use etc.
By SimonSes 2022-02-06 12:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »

Recycle doesn't give you back ammo. That's scavenge.

Recycle just doesn't expend the ammo in the first place.

Hahaha true. Brainfart :D
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-02-06 14:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe is will always proc on WSs/rare ammos. So we can use those r/ex ammos without a fear of shooting them.
By SimonSes 2022-02-06 18:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Maybe is will always proc on WSs/rare ammos. So we can use those r/ex ammos without a fear of shooting them.

I actually think now, that's gonna be some new feature to recycle gear/stuff. Alternative to selling it to npc.
By Beau 2022-02-06 19:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's recycle for consumable items on all jobs, i.e. sublime sushi or echo drops
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2022-02-14 08:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Dear Ranger Community,

I just got Armageddon, and I was wondering what are your go to hand weapons for it. I wa thinkink to use Gleti/oneiros duawielded, but wondering what are YOUR go to weapons.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. So glad, finally 7/7 on rng remas!
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-02-14 08:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much the same for other weapons depending on your WS.

Trueflight/Wildfire: Malevolence/Nusku or Malevolence x2
Last Stand: Perun +1/Nusku or Perun +1/Perun or Perun +1/Ternion +1 or Perun +1/Kustawi +1
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-14 09:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Oneiros Knife when going for AM3 Crits
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-02-14 12:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

For Gaol it's always onieros and nusku, with good buffs and set your double shot rounds look like weaponskills, my favorite part of Arma.
[+]
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2022-02-14 12:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

After doing a bit of testing, that's more or less what I've figured, Vaerix. I assume /drg for hate shedind (arebati comes to mind)?
First Page 2 3 ... 78 79 80 ... 97 98 99