First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 97 98 99
 Asura.Zanosan
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2019-03-07 19:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wibley said: »
I was mid building my coronach set, and saw on the guide that the MH weapon was Vampirism... was curious as to why that's there instead of Perun +1? Not sure if its a mistake or if I'm missing something.
kunami said: »
I took that set from a post in the RNG WS set thread. My guess is that the 15 STR does more for your fSTR2 than the 8 AGI for the 40% AGI mod on Coronach. As usual, I don't have any numbers or data to back that up but that is my theory on why Snapster put that there.

If I'm remembering correctly, fSTR2 on any ranged attack or weaponskill is the same as about a 50% mod on WSs. So in this case, as a mod, STR is valued higher than AGI and DEX individually, point for point. AGI however provides you some RATT and RACC, but eh. You're talking about (15 x .5) vs (8 x .4) here.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-03-07 19:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

STR gives ratt, not AGI.
 Asura.Zanosan
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2019-03-07 19:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

ah yeah sorry, knew it had dual offensive purpose but mixed that up with dAGI
By kunami 2019-03-08 07:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Brahk said: »
Thoughts on putting some linked type of .lua in the main post? When I started up COR on my alt, I found it helpful to grab something to work with out of the COR guide. Perhaps the same thing can be true for some future RNGs.

I've said it before, but nice job.

This is not a bad idea. I was trying to find a ready made lua with the following:

• Automated Flurry/Flurry+Gastra switching

• Automated Obi Switching

• Automated Doubleshot/Barrage Buff Gear Swapping

Most of the GS I have found have some of these but not the others. If anyone wants to share their lua with all this stuff I would be happy to link it.
 Ragnarok.Haxetc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Haxetc 2019-03-08 07:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile's LUA does that. No auto AM3 swapping though
By kunami 2019-03-08 09:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Haxetc said: »
Selindrile's LUA does that. No auto AM3 swapping though
His does most stuff I want but need to add Gastra sets and when I installed it I had some lua conflicts that made it not work :(
By Brynach 2019-03-09 02:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

For your Gastraphetes preshot sets, in the Flurry2 set, Impulse should be swapped for Yemaya. With merits, ranged weapon, Flurry 2 and currently posted gear, that set is at 77 snapshot. Belt can be swapped to Yemaya to maintain 70 (72) snapshot and add 5 additional rapid shot. Additionally, Pursuer's Gaiters can be dropped for Arcadian Socks +3.

edit: Can swap to Yemaya for the other Flurry2 set as well.
 Asura.Sialeed
user: sialeed
By Asura.Sialeed 2019-03-09 13:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

kaja sword is garbage for rng for those who are thinking of using it for trueflight ws it doesnt have enough magic attack bonus
 Asura.Sialeed
user: sialeed
By Asura.Sialeed 2019-03-09 13:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Armageddon has a Enmity reduction in wildfire ability
Malevolence is used for True flight and wildfire mainly
By kunami 2019-03-09 21:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaja sword/dagger is on there for Macc if people need it for some reason.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2019-03-12 11:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Any Arma RNGs doing Wave 3? What are your TF numbers like in there?
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-03-20 03:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2019-03-20 05:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
What that cat said
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-20 06:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
April brings along with it the monthly changes to Ambuscade, Ranger ability adjustments, and the addition of monthly Records of Eminence objectives.

Thoughts?
Double Shot, Velocity Shot and Camouflage are the ones on my mind atm, maybe recast timers adjusted or something, or increasing ranged attack % on Velocity shot to 30% instead of 15%.
Also Enmity adjustments on all abilities.
By Taint 2019-03-20 06:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

My first thought was flashy and stealth being changed or made into timed buffs.
By elliondrk 2019-03-20 07:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hope it's something other than Double Shot and Unlimited Shot no longer share a timer. I'm being cautiously optimistic.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-03-20 07:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

1.Separation of the timers that join Unlimited Shot/Double Shot ala Dancer upgrade(not necessary these days, there really isn't a single bullet like there was in the days of Delve, but they'll do it).

2.Some change to emnity that allows RNG to have windows of pure "hate-free" damage while up- not a long window, maybe 30s with a 5-10 minute timer. i.e. make Stealth Shot a 30s buff rather than simply affecting just the next shot.

3.(pure dream on this one, I honestly don't know if it can be done) A change to archery that allows it to be more competitive with marksmanship. Outside of changing the formula for Jishnu's Radiance to better scale with TP and adding a magical weaponskill worth a damn, I don't know how, but I'm all for being surprised.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-03-20 09:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like they are using Sharpshot in the picture. Not sure how often that correlates to what they adjust but Sharpshot could get a similar treatment like Saboteur. I hope they put some Magic accuracy on it. but most likely it if they do anything they will give it a higher overall uptime.

But yeah I kind of hope they add in more boosts to physical (specifically bow) stuff.
By kunami 2019-03-20 09:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the most likely thing would be adjustments to Unlimited, Flashy and Stealth Shot since they are useless now. Sharpshot becoming perfect accuracy would be pretty nutty with Barrage, but COR exists so who cares about balance.

Archery revamp (while desperately needed) seems like a long shot. (pun intended)
[+]
By fonewear 2019-03-20 09:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Make Archery great again.
[+]
 Asura.Fabiano
user: Falsetto
By Asura.Fabiano 2019-03-20 09:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Looks like they are using Sharpshot in the picture. Not sure how often that correlates to what they adjust but Sharpshot could get a similar treatment like Saboteur.

The PUPdate that just happened had a picture of the Harlequin Frame/Head and the adjustment did absolutely nothing to that frame, but was instead attachment tweaks. So it might just be an unrelated picture of a Ranger using Sharpshot...
By Cronnus 2019-03-20 11:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont see how any ability could make bow worth using again.
Comparing rng to cor. Rng cant buff itself. It has the lower ftp magic weapon skill. It only gets double shot over cors triple shot. Even melee sets aren't as good. I want to see something awesome to compete. Force sharpshot to critical hit the whole time >:)
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2019-03-20 11:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever Ranger adjustments they have planned are a failure if Bows don't get brought in line with the runaway damage of Trueflight and Cor Leaden Spam.

Imagine AG Gandiva being the ranged equivalent of a caladbog drk *sigh*

99% of the time if you have 1 slot free for a cor or rng, you just bring the cor.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-20 11:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even that long ago bow was better. Enmity was the problem. Not really that hard to see bows come back. One simple change shifts the meta on a nearly monthly basis.

Magical ranged damage just got out of control.
 Odin.Archaide
Server: Odin
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2019-03-20 11:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

kunami said: »
Asura.Brahk said: »
Thoughts on putting some linked type of .lua in the main post? When I started up COR on my alt, I found it helpful to grab something to work with out of the COR guide. Perhaps the same thing can be true for some future RNGs.

I've said it before, but nice job.

This is not a bad idea. I was trying to find a ready made lua with the following:

• Automated Flurry/Flurry+Gastra switching

• Automated Obi Switching

• Automated Doubleshot/Barrage Buff Gear Swapping

Most of the GS I have found have some of these but not the others. If anyone wants to share their lua with all this stuff I would be happy to link it.

My RNG lua
Have a toggle for no flurry/flurry and flurry 2, would be nice to have a weapon swap but I'm no good at making these things. I just do the old /equipset macros for weapons. Also I manually switch to AM3 set with Gandiva, would be nice to have that automated.
By Afania 2019-03-20 11:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cronnus said: »
Even melee sets aren't as good.

RNG melee set should be identical to cor's, while having better damage limit + traits, as well as access to both kaja axe and sword.

I dont see how rng cant compete with cor as melee unless Im missing something.
By eliroo 2019-03-20 11:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Comparing rng to cor. Rng cant buff itself. It has the lower ftp magic weapon skill. It only gets double shot over cors triple shot. Even melee sets aren't as good. I want to see something awesome to compete. Force sharpshot to critical hit the whole time >:)

RNG has about the same melee sets. AFAIK Cor has to melee just to keep up with a rangers TP Gain while shooting. Arcadian beret, velocity shot and I'm sure superior pre shot gear (Gastra w/ Flurry2 is one point away from capping rapid shot) really boost up rangers tp gain. The only negative to meleeing as RNG is the instances you are using physical weapon skills which are pretty gross right now.

The lower FTP exist but COR is just flatout better with magic weapon skill damage because their gear allows. Relic goes a long way in buffing up CORs damage. Not to mention the place we mostly see it being used features constant double darkness.
By Cronnus 2019-03-20 11:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Even melee sets aren't as good.

RNG melee set should be identical to cor's, while having better damage limit + traits, as well as access to both kaja axe and sword.

I dont see how rng cant compete with cor as melee unless Im missing something.

You're missing rolls.

We did a small party setup for maju the other day. The geo only did bubbles for savage blade spam. So trueflight was ducking really bad. Really only option I had was trueflight so I didnt skillchain with the other 2 cors. This particular fight with this particular setup is the only reason I see ranger ever really needing a melee setup. And without a cor with them, then theres no point imo.
 Asura.Snapster
user: Mojopojo
By Asura.Snapster 2019-03-20 11:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranger melee is mediocre for a couple of reasons. If you're meleeing to use magic weaponskills, you're using Malevolence x2. Your accuracy will be somewhat impaired and you don't get any MA/FUA/STP from your weapons. If you're meleeing to use physical weaponskills, why are you on Ranger?
[+]
By eliroo 2019-03-20 12:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my lua and rnghelper

Jyouya on Asura modified rnghelper a bit so it doesn't break when it drops packets like in dynamis. My lua also has some keybinds that you may want to delete or comment out. And sorry for the mess but it gives me a different precast with gastra. Double shot and Barrage work. When I get my gandiva in a few months Ill see if I can get it to auto swap into an AM set. Though that is probably something I'd still want on a mode. Maybe like AM Switch on or off.

rnghelper goes into the libs folder.

https://github.com/eliroo12/gearswap
https://github.com/Jyouya/GearSwap/tree/master/libs

Going to post an updated rnghelper from Jyouya's. It will also maintain AM if you have an appropriate weapon.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 97 98 99