First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 97 98 99
 Asura.Arico
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-01-14 17:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Ritual sacrifices and a invent full of stones, as for which, probably taupe yeah, good luck lining them all up in decent amounts

You underestimate my willingness to sit and do nothing.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-14 17:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »
What's the best stone for WSD/Agi/MAB? Taupe?
ended up burning 20,000 stones never got the AGI with WSD/MAB, have fun...

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53342/youll-shoot-your-eye-out-new-ffxi-rng-guide/16#3460674
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-01-14 19:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Asura.Arico said: »
What's the best stone for WSD/Agi/MAB? Taupe?
ended up burning 20,000 stones never got the AGI with WSD/MAB, have fun...

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53342/youll-shoot-your-eye-out-new-ffxi-rng-guide/16#3460674

AGI is damn near impossible. But you can easily get "MACC, MAB, WSD"
And if you're just wanting wsd,agi,mab. I hope it's not for endgame content. Cause your trueflights will be complete trash without 25+ macc minimum on them. Sure you'll hit old content hard that wont resist you. But itll be the difference of doing 10k and 70k damage on Volte mobs in dynamis.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-01-14 21:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed that Macc is nice and not to be ignored, but at least that does come up with good frequency alongside MAB. My WSD/MAB Herc head, body, and legs all have decent amounts of both (equal amounts on head/body, and my legs are Macc+21/MAB+19).

But yeah, good freaking luck getting the "off path" AGI augment. None of the three paths (Melee/Ranged/Magic) get all three of AGI, MAB/Macc, and WSD as normal augments, leaving the off path one to be a very low probability (10% or less).

If trying for Herc WSD pieces for magical WS, I'd suggest Magic Path > Fern stones due to:
* Higher WSD cap (WSD+5%, versus 4% for the other non-DM stones)
* Guaranteed "special stat" slot (the slot where WSD occurs)
* Reasonably good chance of getting MAB/Macc
* If you get AGI as well, that's a freaking jackpot. But don't count on seeing that.

I don't really get the suggestions to go for Taupe, since that just forces the attribute slot... and AGI is
- off-path for magical so extraordinarily rare (and WSD caps at 4%),
- on path for ranged (but MAB is off path and lower cap), and
- on path for melee (but WSD caps at 4% and you can't get MAB).

I suppose if you're just fishing for that off-path AGI, Taupe/Magical would mean AGI would happen more somewhat more often since you're forcing attribute slot (versus another stone not guaranteeing any attribute)... but it's still gonna be a dismally poor rate, and then you have to get lucky enough to pair it with MAB/Macc and a WSD that has a lower potential cap. Very slim odds, though if you get EXTREMELY lucky maybe you get something great (I'd honestly think you'd be more likely to get a mega MAB or WSD aug from DM though). Fern/magical provides a much easier chance of getting WSD+5% and MAB/Macc+something, which is your real bread and butter for top end non-DM augments.

Of course, there's always DM augments too! Anything can happen there. I managed a WSD+9% head and WSD+8% body from that, both with 20+ MAB/MAcc... but no AGI on either one.
[+]
By kunami 2020-01-17 20:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone wants to summarize the last couple updates worth of set changes I will update the node. Kinda had to step away from the game for a while, but I have not abandoned this.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-19 13:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got an updated mid-shot set with malignance?
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-01-19 13:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Anyone got an updated mid-shot set with malignance?

Shouldn't be any reason to not use 4/5 malignance and relic head for midshot. No need for toggles for anything else anymore. Unless you're really trying for something weird. Idk
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-19 13:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
sets.Midshot.Fomalhaut = {
range="Fomalhaut",
ammo="Chrono Bullet",
head="Arcadian Beret +3",
neck="Scout's Gorget +2",
ear1="Dedition Earring",
ear2="Telos Earring",
body="Nisroch Jerkin",
hands="Malignance Gloves",
ring1="Ilabrat Ring",
ring2="Regal Ring",
back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','AGI+10','"Store TP"+10','Damage taken-5%',}},
waist="K. Kachina Belt +1",
legs={ name="Adhemar Kecks +1", augments={'AGI+12','Rng.Acc.+20','Rng.Atk.+20',}},
feet="Malignance Boots"}

My current "standard" midshot. Body can be swapped for Malignance Tabard if desired- I'd really recommend looking at Adhemar Kecks+1 path C vs Malignance Tights before swapping them...personally I don't find the swap worth it outside of -DT needs. Some may also prefer Yemaya Belt over kwahu kachina+1 for extra TP overflow- certainly not a bad choice.

This is my non-AM, non-Doubleshot, base RACC set. Ranged/Ammo just copy/pasted over from lua, no need to consider this "just for Fomalhaut".

----------
I think a more interesting question would be the debate over when to include Malignance pieces, and WHICH pieces at that, might fit into WS sets to take advantage of the +PDL on the gear. I haven't done any testing on that regard, and it would certainly require testing with various levels of buffs to know at what point certain amounts of +PDL outweighs +WSD options for that slot.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-01-19 18:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd still do malignance 4/5 for gastra. As much TP overflow as possible. Could careless about the small amount of white damage. It's such a small percentage compared to the weaponskill itself. Especially in moments like against Volte mobs.
Maybe anni where tp overflow doesnt matter within adhemar pieces?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-19 18:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

dunno. I'll take same AGI, better racc, better STR, and better ratk at the expense of 2 STP. You're right that on gastra it isn't nearly as valuable, and for AM sets on things like Armageddon and Annihilator I actually swap back to adhemar+1 hands to get the set bonus and a more than acceptable TP loss.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-01-19 19:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Midshot top tier set shown: 218 racc 30 STP, 180agi (has regal ring added to it)

Midshot relic head 4/5 malignance: 237 racc, 42 STP, 194AGI

Undoubtedly adhemar would be a truck load more ratt and crit and such. Definitely would use for armageddon.

I guess the main difference is 12 STP and how much of a difference that makes for the other weapons. Probably not enough for ws frequency during short fights. I cant math. Lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-19 19:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Midshot top tier set shown: 218 racc 30 STP, 180agi (has regal ring added to it)

Undoubtedly adhemar would be a truck load more ratt and crit and such. Definitely would use for armageddon.

I guess the main difference is 12 STP and how much of a difference that makes for the other weapons. Probably not enough for ws frequency during short fights. I cant math. Lol

just keep in mind it doesn't have to be an "all or nothing" concept. Sets of 2/5 or 3/5 malignance give many benefits and compromise while gearing for more than just WS frequency based on the weapon.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-01-19 20:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

just keep in mind it doesn't have to be an "all or nothing" concept. Sets of 2/5 or 3/5 malignance give many benefits and compromise while gearing for more than just WS frequency based on the weapon.

I'd like to know those benefits. Not being sarcastic. Just genuinely would like to know.
Theres very little content where you'd be holding TP. Mainly omen is all I can think of. Holding TP anywhere else and doing SCs is just a loss in DPS. Or risking pulling hate. Pakecet just as an example being weak to light. I'd could have off 3 trueflights while waiting to close a SC just to pull hate all the while double shot is wearing off.

I'd still use the pages set for things like barrage.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-19 23:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to know those benefits. Not being sarcastic. Just genuinely would like to know.

Nah, no problem. Common meta for RNG is different than what those of us who play it as a primary job often do with it.

For Gastraphetes, the concept of a 4/5 Malignance Set does make sense. 4/5 meaning Arcadian Beret+3 plus 4 malig. pieces. It helps with no matter what style you're using- saving for 3k TP for max dmg SC closer or spamming ASAP for the Weaponskill equivalent of white damage because now your first shot to push you over that 1k mark comes with a higher overflow. Gastraphetes is almost always going to be some insane WS/TP ratio of 80/20 or higher, easily. Even with AM3 up its got the weakest white damage with the highest single WS damage potential.

For both Armageddon and Gandiva, a set designed similarly makes sent to GET TO 3k TP as fast as possible for the exact opposite reason: You only enjoy those weapons' maximum potential with the AM3 up and enjoying the triple damage procs on white damage, a huge part of these weapons' power. Without that AM3, these weapons are shallow, lifeless, and underwhelming at best. So sacrificing everything in the name of Ranged Accuracy and STP, two strengths of this set, makes total sense.

That essentially leaves two other similar weapons, Fomalhaut and Annihilator. While not the pure Weaponskill-reliant choice that Gastraphetes is, they also haven't the same level of white damage potential that the Empyreans do. White damage isn't just a step to get to a WS for these, it has a role to play, either by very high base damage or an Aftermath effect that while not an Empyrean's Triple damage, does assist the gun in being competitive. To me, that means not ignoring that white damage for these two in lieu of just "getting to the next Weapon Skill".

For my Fomalhaut and pre-AM3 Annihilator TP sets, I go 2/5 Malignance. Arcadian Beret+3,Nisroch Jerkin,Malig. Gloves,Adhemar+1 legs,Malig. Boots. AM3 up for Annihilator, I drop the feet for Adhemar Gamashes+1- I tried oshosi+1 feet here, but the gain of 2% crit rate at the loss of 7STP wasn't worth it, often being left at ~970TP after 2nd post-WS shot if a bad roll.

AM3 sets for Armageddon have changed with the RP system and if I have magical bufs/debuffs. Wildfire has gotten so good in almost any situation with Malaise that keeping a respectable amount of STP in your sets is very valuable, in particular with the self-chaining properties of Wildfire. Malignance makes an appearance either 1/5 or 2/5.

AM3 for Gandiva, however...this has been tough for me. The damage difference between a Crit Triple Damage proc and Jishnu's is typically smaller than the difference between a Crit Triple Dmg proc on Armageddon and Wildfire. Thus, I drop all the Malignance. Full Crit build. The times I bust out Gandiva is either for complete funsies or things that have a high Amnesia chance combined w/ being buffed physically. At the moment I'm not using any Malignance Gear in these sets. I've debated dropping Darraigner's Brais for the Malignance Legs...might toy with it. I just don't get enough options while fully buffed to mess around with various builds on Gandiva.

tl;dr- I look at Malignance for any weapon besides Gastraphetes as a means to an end, a way to get AM up asap. But once AM is up, things change for everything except Gastraphetes and Fomalhaut. The only reason I don't look at Fomalhaut the same way is because the white damage there is at least respectable enough to be considered, not completely ignored.
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2020-01-20 00:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Annihilator does not have AM3 but it does have baked in "occasionally deal double damage"

But yeah having different sets for regular midshot RA and midshot AM3 for Arma/Gandiva makes quite a bit of difference.
By SimonSes 2020-01-20 07:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aburaage said: »
occasionally deal double triple damage
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-20 08:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry for the Anni mistakes. I gotta stop posting late, pretty much anywhere.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-01-20 12:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I may have missed it. In an attempt to make my armageddon more useful.

Whats the BiS midshot for am3 on armageddon?
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2020-01-20 12:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's listed on the guide, first page, works both for arma and gandiva
By Demhar 2020-01-20 19:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

while farming the cool kids purple set ive been doing some tests myself since i got 1 of each rema types. seems like the original top tier mid shot set still holds up for gandiva where as for gastra purple takes over.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-21 01:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Demhar said: »
while farming the cool kids purple set ive been doing some tests myself since i got 1 of each rema types. seems like the original top tier mid shot set still holds up for gandiva where as for gastra purple takes over.

Always good to say in what situation/buff array.

-was it trusts, and if so what combo of buffs did you "usually" have, or what trusts called.

-dunna geo+3song bard?

-idris geo,4song RMEA brd,rostam cor "ideal" array?

I know its a bit of a nitpicky thing, but Ranger changes a lot between "solo with buffs" where even if you call quldata you're not or rarely getting SAM roll and the full gambit of buffs in "princess mode". I'd imagine the results are still very similar, but I'm always curious about different scenarios for jobs.
By Demhar 2020-01-23 01:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Always good to say in what situation/buff array.

-was it trusts, and if so what combo of buffs did you "usually" have, or what trusts called.

-dunna geo+3song bard?

-idris geo,4song RMEA brd,rostam cor "ideal" array?

I know its a bit of a nitpicky thing, but Ranger changes a lot between "solo with buffs" where even if you call quldata you're not or rarely getting SAM roll and the full gambit of buffs in "princess mode". I'd imagine the results are still very similar, but I'm always curious about different scenarios for jobs.

tested both with full party buffs and solo
i guess when u cap everything its not that noticeable, but the crit hit rate is super nice on original set. its all about tp overflow now days so really saying what is best and what not depends on situation. With minimal buffs or no buffs definitely, the original set shines in white dmg. i kinda swapped the feet with purple and im pretty happy about it. once i get the hands that will be swapped too just to balance.
By Demhar 2020-01-23 02:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

On a side note, latest update on the Jishnu's Set. I was gonna post this on my "Gandiva R15" post but since this is the current guide I am posting it here.

After many many many tests with R15 Gandiva, the conclusion is the following:
main="Oneiros Knife",
sub="Nusku Shield",
head={ name="Adhemar Bonnet +1", augments={'DEX+12','AGI+12','Accuracy+20',}},
body="Meg. Cuirie +2",
hands="Mummu Wrists +2",
legs="Jokushu Haidate",
feet={ name="Arcadian Socks +3", augments={'Enhances "Stealth Shot" effect',}},
neck="Fotia Gorget",
waist="Fotia Belt",
left_ear="Odr Earring",
right_ear="Sherida Earring",
left_ring="Regal Ring",
right_ring="Begrudging Ring",
back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'DEX+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','DEX+10','Crit.hit rate+10',}},

I was waiting for the Odr earring to get and finalize my testing. But after doing several combinations with other gears, this one always comes to be the most reliable and consistent. Around 23~26k on Apex bats.

Some test results done on apex bats with other combinations

RNG/DRG [Master]
BUFFS: Chaos Roll + Flurry 2
True Shot: Active
TP:~1000-1200

[Using original set from guide]

[Using original set from guide with some swaps]

[Mumu ring instead of Regal]

[Mumu ring instead of Regal / Jokushu legs / AF+3 Feet]

[Mumu ring instead of Regal / Arc+3 legs / Arc+3 Feet: (this one is also very good combination)]
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-01-23 04:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Around 23~26k on Apex bats.

That seems to be really low. I see people saying Gandiva is very good in max buff when you can go all out, but personally I dont see it. How much you can get with capped attack on something that doesnt take 25% more damage from piercing? (and yes I know Gandiva has superior white damage).
 Odin.Juliano
Server: Odin
user: Julian
By Odin.Juliano 2020-01-23 04:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That's almost the exact same set I use for Jishnu, except for different augment on the hat (str/Dex), and use Moonshade over Sherida. (That earring refuses to drop...)

Benefit of Gandiva is really the white damage. I often find myself just spamming arrows with decoy up and not really bothering with ws unless it makes a skillchain. (May be an overall dps loss, but at least it manages hate)

I did just recently finish my Armageddon, but I haven't played rng yet since finishing it. Curious to see how it fares, as it should pump some pretty good last stands or decent trueflights.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-01-23 04:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean Armageddon should be almost the same for white damage while Last Stand should be much better than Jishnu (assuming wildfire wouldn't work for whatever reason and would need to be only used for AM)
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-23 08:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

with the time that I've spent with both Gandiva and Armageddon, as well as talking to others about both, the biggest differences between the two is that Armageddon is more flexible in terms of Weapon Skills (as well as more potent weapon skills), whereas nothing really competes with Gandiva's white damage- the individual arrows hit harder than anything we've got.

@SimonSes- the best way to get addicted to Gandiva's potential is to use it on a wave2 Dyna-D boss with proper support. Getting the support of a full RMEA brd, COR rolls, and a full compliment of bubbles that having multiple GEOs allows opens up some crazy possibilities with Gandiva. Get in that situation, pop Decoy Shot, and realize all the additional Enmity you're giving your tank makes their job so much easier, stabilizing the entire fight for everyone.
By SimonSes 2020-01-23 09:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

whereas nothing really competes with Gandiva's white damage- the individual arrows hit harder than anything we've got.

This has 0 sense.

R15 Gandiva with Chrono Arrow is 403 damage
R15 Armageddon with Chrono Bullet is 451 damage

Gandiva is 490 delay
Armageddon is 582 delay

Armageddon will hit harder per bullet, but you will shot slightly slower. Armageddon also has 70 AGI which helps a lot with dAGI. I don't see how Gandiva can be much better for white damage. It has slightly better DPS, but considering that 70 AGI on armageddon, Gandiva would barely win for white damage if win at all.
[+]
By Demhar 2020-01-23 09:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Around 23~26k on Apex bats.

That seems to be really low. I see people saying Gandiva is very good in max buff when you can go all out, but personally I dont see it. How much you can get with capped attack on something that doesnt take 25% more damage from piercing? (and yes I know Gandiva has superior white damage).

With full buffs yes I do 40-70k Jishnus Radiances
The test that I run is on Apex bats and I usually have NO BUFFS or just chaos roll from trust to see how much difference rattk boost does, to factor out rattk boost, because u have a bard you will be capped on rattk
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 97 98 99