Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-08-19 10:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

/war warcry is meh, not at all like main job war. (~7% at ML 50)

berserk is good, but empy +3 body somewhat addresses it. I find that there aren't many places I need it to hit pdl ranges.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-08-19 10:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose if you assume you're always attack capped and using the maximum amount of PDL you could possibly use then yeah, berserk isn't very useful, but if there's ever any reason you could use any attack, berserk is incredible (and warcry is a minor bonus).

Also: WSD counting for all hits of a WS isn't very impactful since very few ranged WS have multiple hits and I'm not sure any of them get significant damage from their second hits.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-08-19 10:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You specifically referenced last stand, which is a 2-hit ranged WS. 10% WSD from /drg on that is at minimum 0.4 ftp added, not accounting for what TP bonus you already have.

Fencer from ML50 is 300TP bonus, which is always 0.6 http://ftp.

At 2000 effective TP, the WSD bonus from /drg is equal to /war fencer bonus.

Edit: Last Stand is a 2-hit, FTP replicating ranged ws. It has strictly linear ftp growth 2.0 => 3.0 => 4.0
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-08-19 10:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Only Jishnu's Radiance and you're using that for the AM and not the WSD compared to LS.

Shooting RNG is a princess job, it doesn't accidentally go anywhere. It's planned for.
 Asura.Cassiani
Server: Asura
user: CodCart
By Asura.Cassiani 2024-08-19 10:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the responses! About what I figured, but couldn't hurt to ask.

I also see there's been a lot of posts about the Prime Bow Pinaka here, but very few posts about the Prime Gun Earp. Any thoughts on it now that it's been out a while?
By Dodik 2024-08-19 14:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gun seems more of a Cor toy than a Rng staple, given the bullet is useful for Cor's Savage as well.

WS wise Terminus seems a bit weaker than Sarv, though I've only seen Cor use the gun.
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101