Getting A Mythic Is... Annoying...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » getting a mythic is... annoying...
getting a mythic is... annoying...
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10
 Bahamut.Baozzer
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2019-03-19 14:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Mythic is pretty easy to make. I made my first mythic in about 11 days start to finish. This is with almost nothing complete, I had maybe 3 assaults completed previous, only climbed to floor 35, had 0 tokens, and never completed salvage or killed the kings. If I wanted a new weapon for whatever reason, mythic is what I would rather make. TBF, I 3 boxed most assaults and was able to do things a lot quicker, like buying trophies from alts to fight odin for faster tokens. tokens are the slowest cause it was once per hour. I've made mythics for 2 different accounts, and have 4 total. Its really not that hard. Just a constant grind.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-19 14:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Lebros supplies and Lost&Found were the biggest *** solo. Other than that they're all pretty simple.

Honestly I'd say Ergon is more annoying than a Mythic, of course after you finish one of them it's easy but getting coalitions to max is way too time gated, especially when you can start and finish a mythic within 4ish weeks depending on where you are in the requirements and how much Alex you can buy.

Absolutely. If you can get help on the some of the annoying ones, you may save some hair pulling. The supplies one though? Get long-time movement speed like Bolter's Roll, Fleet Wind (Garuda), Chocobo Jig (DNC), or the Chocobo Mazurka song. THF's Flee is not enough sometimes.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-19 14:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Think I eventually ended up using Powder boots or something. and I got lucky with the AoE foods. think I had 3 that run.

The one thing I liked about the Einherjar lockout was that in between runs I'd just go do the assaults I still needed. So I was always progressing.

Also made it easy cause I just used my 1hr as a timer for when I could go back in. 1hr the boss, go do assaults, once 1hr is back up go in again.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
Server: Asura
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-20 06:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Nothing is hard in this game, Just varying levels of annoying. Mythic is tedious, but Ergon is plain ridiculous. They really need to at the very least cut the timeframe from 6mo to 3mo.

Strongly agreed. That Time-Gate is ridiculous

Or maybe people shouldn't complain that they don't get things handed to them whenever they want them, and realise they are playing the wrong game.

/s
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-03-20 07:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

6 month time gate to have access to arguably two of the most broken weapons in the game? Yeah it makes sense but it does discourage people like myself who are building up a 4th character and planning to slap their 2nd idris on it that I have another 3 months currently before I can even start turning in currency for the weapon :/
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-03-20 07:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

People who complain about coalitions tend to fall into two camps. People who knew better but decided to get by without Ygnas and the upgraded Adoulin ring and ignore coalitions until they finally started gearing one of the two jobs, and people who multibox and want a second GEO following them around for safety. I don't have a lot of sympathy for either.

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
The one thing I liked about the Einherjar lockout was that in between runs I'd just go do the assaults I still needed. So I was always progressing.
This. For all the complaining about Einherjar lockouts, a lot of it just has to do with general stubbornness of people wanting to do everything all at once. There are assaults, Nyzul, and ZNMs to do between Einherjar runs, never mind looking for more sources for Alex. Break it up and the lockout is never that big of an issue.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-20 10:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Finbar said: »
People who complain about coalitions tend to fall into two camps. People who knew better but decided to get by without Ygnas and the upgraded Adoulin ring and ignore coalitions until they finally started gearing one of the two jobs, and people who multibox and want a second GEO following them around for safety. I don't have a lot of sympathy for either.
To be fair I quit before there was much point to ranking up coalitions other than for completionist sake. Sure that means I probably shouldn't be focusing on an Ergon straight out the gate anyway but it is a fair bit annoying.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Server: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2019-03-20 10:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danz said: »
Mythic weapon unlock too much?

i have 3 relic weapons and a emperion.
and have always wanted a mythic. but the sheer amount of BS you
need to go through to get one is just overwhelming.
what i think about the requirements

Aht urgan missions complete (don't need COP/RoZ complete to get relic. so why?) i can live with this.
would could see it being lowered to the point where you gain access to salvage.

nyzul 100 climb. fair. but only ONCE, repeat mythic shouldn't need more climbs. caption rank for assaults. total BS. complete each assault. AGAIN and trade book. absolute total BS
nyzul 10k currency. absolutely fine with this
ironjar 10k currency. fine with this as well
NM killing spree. against or for this. just a headache/time sink at this time.
30k alaxanderite. defiantly ok with this. however i wish salvage was a little less stingy with them.
ZNM items to get BCNM. agan. very time-sinkish. but i can live with. ideally having all the other pre-reqs complete should warrant
just touching the tombstone to get the KI
BCNM defiantly! it basically "teaches" you how to use your newly found soon to be mythic weapon!

if i where to "redo" the process of mythics it would probably go along the lines of

reach aht urgan 17 Guests of the Empire

reach floor 100 nyzul and get runic disk

----repeat mythics start here----

obtain base weapon

talk to naja with weapon equipped to flag quest

earn 10k nyzul points

talk to naja
talk to mouse in nashmau

earn 10k iron jar points

talk to mouse agan
talk to naja

earn 30k alaxandrites

kill NMs or just simply obtain KI for BCNM entery
enter BCNM and win

obtain mythic

anybody else think the process to get a mythic should be simplified?

Not hard to make one, stop being lazy danz
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-20 10:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

For the billionth time

Hard (and all the other buzzwords) =/= Annoying

It's very simple to do. Infact, it IS annoying, because it's so simple. It's pointless. There is no difference between doing einherjar once and doing it 100 times. It's just a grind to be a grind.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-20 17:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, but the whole point of these kinds of games is grinding. Just because you can pay to get to 99 in a day now doesn't mean that's how it has always been, or was ever designed to be.

Embrace the suck.
By DaneBlood 2019-03-20 18:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
For the billionth time

Hard (and all the other buzzwords) =/= Annoying

It's very simple to do. Infact, it IS annoying, because it's so simple. It's pointless. There is no difference between doing einherjar once and doing it 100 times. It's just a grind to be a grind.

There is no difference between shooting the enemy once and doing it 100 times, It's just a grind to be a grind.

The logical can be applied to any game that has the same enemy more than once.

If its that bad dont do it. nobodoy is forcing anyone to do it.
you have 100% control over if you want to do it or not.
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2019-03-20 20:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cloudstrafie said: »
Bismarck.Danz said: »
Mythic weapon unlock too much?

i have 3 relic weapons and a emperion.
and have always wanted a mythic. but the sheer amount of BS you
need to go through to get one is just overwhelming.
what i think about the requirements

Aht urgan missions complete (don't need COP/RoZ complete to get relic. so why?) i can live with this.
would could see it being lowered to the point where you gain access to salvage.

nyzul 100 climb. fair. but only ONCE, repeat mythic shouldn't need more climbs. caption rank for assaults. total BS. complete each assault. AGAIN and trade book. absolute total BS
nyzul 10k currency. absolutely fine with this
ironjar 10k currency. fine with this as well
NM killing spree. against or for this. just a headache/time sink at this time.
30k alaxanderite. defiantly ok with this. however i wish salvage was a little less stingy with them.
ZNM items to get BCNM. agan. very time-sinkish. but i can live with. ideally having all the other pre-reqs complete should warrant
just touching the tombstone to get the KI
BCNM defiantly! it basically "teaches" you how to use your newly found soon to be mythic weapon!

if i where to "redo" the process of mythics it would probably go along the lines of

reach aht urgan 17 Guests of the Empire

reach floor 100 nyzul and get runic disk

----repeat mythics start here----

obtain base weapon

talk to naja with weapon equipped to flag quest

earn 10k nyzul points

talk to naja
talk to mouse in nashmau

earn 10k iron jar points

talk to mouse agan
talk to naja

earn 30k alaxandrites

kill NMs or just simply obtain KI for BCNM entery
enter BCNM and win

obtain mythic

anybody else think the process to get a mythic should be simplified?

Not hard to make one, stop being lazy danz

Nah it doesn’t need to be simplified at all. I have two mythics (Terp/Carn). One took me a year. One took me six months. There’s such a thing as doing something too fast if it seems too daunting. Take it slow. Enjoy the ride. Because all you have to look forward to in this game after one grind is another. :3
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-03-20 21:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
more g-g-g-grind for the grind god

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cua
By Cua 2019-04-05 18:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually very curious if anyone here received a mythic back in the 75 cap days? Perhaps not when ToAU came out, but before Abyssea was released?

That would have been something to have.
By Taint 2019-04-05 18:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Toau Kings were the biggest cockblock at 75 IMO.

Never up, took an hour to get to and had huge pop windows.
By Afania 2019-04-05 18:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

Really? I got titles at 75 and went 1/1, so I wonder whats the difference.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2019-04-05 19:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cua said: »
I'm actually very curious if anyone here received a mythic back in the 75 cap days? Perhaps not when ToAU came out, but before Abyssea was released?

That would have been something to have.

plenty of people had mythics. they were called drgs.
[+]
By sabrtooth 2019-04-05 21:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I strongly discourage people from doing mythics.
Cos when you completed it, it felt like accomplishing the greatest ffxi challenge XD and leave you feeling empty on the inside lol
By Jetackuu 2019-04-05 22:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That's when you just do another.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-05 22:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
That's when you just do another.

That's a big hell no there friend. The only thing I can say with absolute certainty is never again on another mythic.

Until I can just pay 200m for it skip all the collecting
 Asura.Xalyia
user: Sogoro
By Asura.Xalyia 2019-04-05 22:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have 1900 void stones. What are the odds of getting HMP on each fight?
By Jetackuu 2019-04-05 22:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

They're not hard, lol...
By Viciouss 2019-04-05 22:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Officially started on my Tizona a few days ago. Just gonna do a few einherjars a day, not too worried about it.
By Asura.Itachiuchihaa 2019-04-06 01:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ive started tizona 2 weeks ago myself... doing the first 3 nnm's and i thought that was gonna be a walk in the park but damn!!! but Arrapago reef and Halvung are freakin annoying places to explore... its like im in yhoater jungle for the first time all over again... freakin nightmare!!
By Taint 2019-04-06 05:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Taint said: »

Really? I got titles at 75 and went 1/1, so I wonder whats the difference.

Finding them up I guess lol. People killed them for sure but not beyond getting Mythic titles and they had horrible pop windows/conditions. SE could have given them each a good drop and made that part more accessible. Between kings, wyrms, khim/cerb there was already enough to keep track of at the time.

75 was also an incredibly long period of time, early Toau vs late was two very different player bases.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-04-06 10:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
finished tizona a week or two ago, lining up to start on carn next. least favorite part is nyzul tokens solo, the rest i don't mind too much.

For me ist eihneajr the cool down it short enough to i disturbe any other things you are doin. but long enough to not wait arounud for it
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-06 10:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

for me its tokens and the 4 salvage you gotta do for the trials after you make the weapon. salvage is just terrible..

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10