Getting A Mythic Is... Annoying...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » getting a mythic is... annoying...
getting a mythic is... annoying...
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-01-10 13:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

6 month lockout on Ergons wrecked me way sooner than Mythic quests.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-10 13:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
SimonSes said: »
This thread is basically a cry baby thread.
None here can make anything about those requirements. Do you want someone to say to you "You are right, but dont worry you will make it!"?

I also generally disagree. Those requirements at least make mythic harder to buy with just gils, it takes a little extra to get them and that's good.

Also like someone pointed out its 100 000 einherjar points and 150 000 tokens from nyzul. I cant even imagine how much you will cry when you realize this.

It's not as bad as people think. You look at these figures and think .. f**k me that's a lot, I'll never do that! But there was a time in our lives we couldn't ride a bike, couldn't swim, or do the 9-times table from memory. You learn and persist through. Mythics only enemy is time. You can't gather up materials for it like a relic or empyrean. You can't merely pay someone off so you can afk while they get an Aeonic for you. There's effort involved .. which is what a lot of players are scared of. Actually doing something productive .. is terrifying. It's not so much crying, as it is being afraid to start something which challenges ones patience to the max.

You're paying to play the game, might as well PLAY it, not merc someone else to play it for you.

Yeah I never understood the merc thing .. paying someone else to get you stuff so you don't have to play the game you paid for? Never done it myself, but it's those kinds of players who won't do mythic 'coz they can't pay someone to do it for them.

Bahamut.Agerine said: »

Absolutely .. I just got Rune Fencer up, so might have to do this for Epeo. But the 6 month wait! My goodness.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-10 13:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're actively playing and you suddenly decide "i want an ergon" but have made zero progress toward it while being active, that's your own fault.

part of your dailies, for everyone, includes actively working toward coalition legend. and mog garden.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-01-10 13:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I could understand mercing certain items at random that are just eluding you, especially if you can't play steady enough to do constant content but just spam ambu here/there and have gil sitting around. I don't understand mercing everything, but to each their own.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-01-10 13:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You are also wrong that mythics are the worst. The worst are Empyrean weapons, unless you merc items from abyssea, which might be the case in your example if you think that mythic takes longer.

Mythics:
Tokens farming is around 10h
Einherjar is around 10h. 1 per hour sure, but you can work on other things while waiting.
Assaults are around 8h
ZNM is maybe 8h, including zeni farm
Lets even say its 40h total

Empyrean:
21x Random spawn NMs. This usually takes at least 21h, but usually much more and you cant even do anything between windows.
20x kill on void nms. This takes easily 10h, but can take 20h+ if you are unlucky with color changing after t2 kill and not changing after t1 kill. Again you cant do anything between repops.
50 items from abyssea 80 zone. This can take 10h when its easy like for example Carabosse, or can take like 20h if it's Chloris and if you dont have alts and need to farm all pops yourself, it might even take 30h to get 50 chloris buds.
50 items from abyssea 85 zone. Another 10-20h farming.
75 itmes from abyssea 95 zone. Another 10-30h farm.
Total time spent here is around 80h easily and can be much more.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-10 13:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I could understand mercing certain items at random that are just eluding you, especially if you can't play steady enough to do constant content but just spam ambu here/there and have gil sitting around. I don't understand mercing everything, but to each their own.

Oh of course there are instances where mercing something elusive which you may not have time for makes sense. There's one or two things I could think of that I would merc for if I had the gil to pay someone off .. but it's not a big deal really. Mercing something like your first aeonic though? I don't get that, you should be experiencing the challenge instead of robbing yourself of it, but each to their own I guess? It's their game and they play it (or not play it) how they want.

And I agree with Afania. If you don't have the motivation to do mythic .. then don't do it. It's not the end of the world. If someone turns you away from a group for not having mythic then they're a colossal douche.
By Jetackuu 2019-01-10 13:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do a Mythic in under a week easily if you have the gil. Probably 3-5 days if you're really fast at it. (Ok maybe not the first one). Most of that wait though is the 52 hours to do Einherjar, I really need to start whittling away at that again for the next one >.>
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2019-01-10 13:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

They're... really not that bad. And honestly, any motivation is better than none. I was motivated by stats more than looks for both of mine.
What really drove me though was a spreadsheet. Every time I went into Nyzul or Einherjar or did some Assaults or popped my Alexandrite bags from the day, I ticked it off of my list.
For my Death Penalty, I farmed about 85% of the Alexandrite in salvage instead of doing something else to buy the Alexandrite like my first one. It actually went by much quicker. I just put my head down and worked on it. I would do 3 per session, having a KI from the previous game day and then starting around 12:00-14:00, I'd finish the first one around 22:00, then pick up that day's KI and finish it the next day to pick up and complete a third. Then I got a nice break to do Einherjar or Assaults, or hang out with my wife, or grab dinner, etc. Then I picked up a KI the following in-game day and doing some more Assaults. Rinse/repeat. After I finished the 30,000, I kept farming Salvage to sell for the gil to buy the Scoria and Beitetsu. I actually kind of enjoyed it. Each run was a kind of speed run for me, trying to irk out the fastest time I could. I tried to keep it consistent on what enemies I killed every run so I could get a good average of how many alex/run and get a good estimate of how many more salvage runs to do before I was done.

Here are some statistics for you:
It took me 26 days total of farming Salvage. Averaged at almost exactly 7 runs a day (183 total), and about 18min per run. I got about 984 alex/day. Weekdays were closer to 600-800, but weekends I got between 1200-2000/day. Each run yielded about 1.11 linen pouches, 0.58 cotton and 43.97 loose alex, which is about 132.86 alex/run. Pouches average: Linen 73.61/pouch, cotton 12.51/pouch. I had 2 months of Ambuscade to sell non-alex stuff as well, just because of the day I started.

By the end, I was a bit burnt out on salvage. But I occasionally go back in to keep it fresh and get some cash. It's easy and guaranteed.
By Jetackuu 2019-01-10 13:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh of course there are instances where mercing something elusive which you may not have time for makes sense. There's one or two things I could think of that I would merc for if I had the gil to pay someone off .. but it's not a big deal really. Mercing something like your first aeonic though? I don't get that, you should be experiencing the challenge instead of robbing yourself of it, but each to their own I guess? It's their game and they play it (or not play it) how they want.

And I agree with Afania. If you don't have the motivation to do mythic .. then don't do it. It's not the end of the world. If someone turns you away from a group for not having mythic then they're a colossal douche.

Eh, I could totally see a good group turning away a WHM without a Yagrush depending on the content and group and it has nothing to do with being douchey. Then again Yagrush is damn near game breaking :D
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2019-01-10 13:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
Seriously. I have very little left to do for my RUN, but Epeo is still like 3 months away. :(
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-10 13:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
You are also wrong that mythics are the worst. The worst are Empyrean weapons, unless you merc items from abyssea, which might be the case in your example if you think that mythic takes longer.

Mythics:
Tokens farming is around 10h
Einherjar is around 10h. 1 per hour sure, but you can work on other things while waiting.
Assaults are around 8h
ZNM is maybe 8h, including zeni farm
Lets even say its 40h total

Empyrean:
21x Random spawn NMs. This usually takes at least 21h, but usually much more and you cant even do anything between windows.
20x kill on void nms. This takes easily 10h, but can take 20h+ if you are unlucky with color changing after t2 kill and not changing after t1 kill. Again you cant do anything between repops.
50 items from abyssea 80 zone. This can take 10h when its easy like for example Carabosse, or can take like 20h if it's Chloris and if you dont have alts and need to farm all pops yourself, it might even take 30h to get 50 chloris buds.
50 items from abyssea 85 zone. Another 10-20h farming.
75 itmes from abyssea 95 zone. Another 10-30h farm.
Total time spent here is around 80h easily and can be much more.

These numbers sound seriously off .. really off. Like the mythic numbers are underexaggerated while the empyrean numbers are overexaggerated. Making an empy is way simpler as you target NMs, many of which you can BREW (I've got a stupid amount of cruor which I'd love to burn!). You can ask other players for their pops also, or bring mules who can also store key items. You don't even need to brew to kill these things. Some of the assaults are still damn annoying and require some luck.

Once you got the items Empyreans are easy if you have the gil and there's enough supply. The hardest thing about Empy (on any server not called Asura) is having enough supply to finish in a short time.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-10 13:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I could totally see a good group turning away a WHM without a Yagrush depending on the content and group and it has nothing to do with being douchey. Then again Yagrush is damn near game breaking :D

Yagrush and Nirvana are the exceptions of course :) Isn't Yagrush only really for Master Trials though? So it's not exactly essential. Nirvana just makes T4s Reisens die quicker.
By Jetackuu 2019-01-10 13:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What assault requires luck? You're just not throwing enough people at it.
By Jetackuu 2019-01-10 13:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yagrush and Nirvana are the exceptions of course :) Isn't Yagrush only really for Master Trials though? So it's not exactly essential. Nirvana just makes T4s Reisens die quicker.

Eh I wouldn't say Nirvana is a requirement, more of an item of dedication, it certainly helps to maximize but I'd say there's definitely other gear that one should do first. Eh, Yagrush comes in handy everywhere I use it, should have made it years ago.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-01-10 13:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Not everyone is a cheating douche /shrug

more power to you if that's the way you want to go though.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-10 13:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What assault requires luck? You're just not throwing enough people at it.

When I first did assaults I got stuck on a few. That damn Metal Gear Solid-esque lamia one. The random chest thing got me a few times. There's that other one where ya got to be super specific looking in the ground .. can't remember what it's called but it's lame. There's the apkallu thing which my Dad (when he made his Nirvana) couldn't do to the point I had to do it for him. There's a couple more I got stuck on til I figured it out. Of course I understand them and now and they're "easy", but for anyone doing them for the first time? It's easier to fail.

I don't want to make this a Empy vs. Mythic "which is hardest to make" thing here .. that's dumb. Empys challenge is having the patience to farm in aby for a while, then having enough gil to buy the rest. Mythics challenge is jumping through it's many, varied hurdles to get to the alex stage.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-01-10 13:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

people are just accustomed to throwing gain gil or payday gil at things, end of story. The minute there are requirements that aren't buyable, then ***gets real.

These are in a class known by players as ultimate weapons. The relics and mythics have (rudimentary) storylines connected to them. I was actually offended that empyreans didn't...then again they were first introduced due to players complaining that relics and mythics weren't approachable for the casual player. Being able to obtain such a powerful weapon by repeatedly killing fodder mobs just so you can buy others' work...doesn't exactly strike me a proper test for such a weapon.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-10 13:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
people are just accustomed to throwing gain gil or payday gil at things, end of story. The minute there are requirements that aren't buyable, then ***gets real.

These are in a class known by players as ultimate weapons. The relics and mythics have (rudimentary) storylines connected to them. I was actually offended that empyreans didn't...then again they were first introduced due to players complaining that relics and mythics weren't approachable for the casual player. Being able to obtain such a powerful weapon by repeatedly killing fodder mobs just so you can buy others' work...doesn't exactly strike me a proper test for such a weapon.

Doing Chloris and Glavoid back when they were first released for Ukon and Redemption was .. in fact they were the first ultimates my dad and I got. Way back then? It was challenging .. and they needed FOUR key items each. It was a hell of a grind. But these days I could go out there on THF and get 50 buds in a night (maybe with other players pops also) and move on. It got easier the stronger we got.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-01-10 14:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Good example of something I'd merc: glavoid shells. Did 20some and haven't gone back, months now...
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-10 14:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Good example of something I'd merc: glavoid shells. Did 20some and haven't gone back, months now...

Yeah my Dad really wanted an Ukon when it first came out .. so naturally I had to do Glavoid with him. That was painful. And then you get idiots who come claim our glavoid when we're struggling at 2%. Stole all our work for 1-2 shells. Still can't believe they did that. They could've offered assistance, but some would rather steal and proceed to gloat like they did something worthwhile.
By Jetackuu 2019-01-10 14:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's alright if it's all white. Dems da brakes, son.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-10 14:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's alright if it's all white. Dems da brakes, son.

Yeah I get it's all fair game but .. you know, if it was the other way around they wouldn't exactly shake our hands and congratulate us for taking the NM they worked hard to pop. I'd have been fine if they claimed it, beat it and moved on, but they had to rub it in our faces as well. That's like stealing your food then burping in your face afterwards because you went to the toilet for a minute.
By Jetackuu 2019-01-10 14:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's just being extra douchey. I try not to do such things unless given a reason to, hell I even share pop locations if I have multiple. Which I hear sometimes is uncommon. This isn't 2007, it's best to actually try to get along with the rest of the playerbase :D
[+]
By fonewear 2019-01-10 14:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading is annoying also. Therefore I didn't read any of this thread.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-10 14:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's just being extra douchey. I try not to do such things unless given a reason to, hell I even share pop locations if I have multiple. Which I hear sometimes is uncommon. This isn't 2007, it's best to actually try to get along with the rest of the playerbase :D

Yeah the group that did it were notorious for that kind of behaviour. We were just unlucky they happened to run into the area at the time we were struggling. They really didn't care how others perceived them. Glad I don't play on a server with players like that anymore. But yeah .. that was the bane of doing Empyreans when they were introduced. Nowadays you can steamroll it with trusts.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2019-01-10 14:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd argue aeonic is the hardest cause it requires other people to be competent. Mythic you can solo.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-10 14:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I'd argue aeonic is the hardest cause it requires other people to be competent. Mythic you can solo.

Tank + WHM + SMNs doing Astral Flow/Conduit is not difficult. Now if you banned the use of SMNs?? There's a challenge. But no one's doing that .. so with the right players (& enough time) you can make all the aeonics in the time it takes to make one mythic.

Valefor.Angierus said: »
They're also cheaper to buy than Mythics.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10