Dynamis (D) Wave 3
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-07-10 15:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

level correction has nothing to do with your attack or mob defense, it's subtracted after the attack / defense formula and before the lower and upper limit randomization portion.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-07-10 16:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If VIT [post update] works on them the same way it does to us then I reckon the issue is fSTR also and not just pDIF then level correction.

Idk if anyone tested VIT values tbh.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-07-10 16:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The land rate of enfeebling and damage difference on nukes pre/post E seal Impact is immense, leading me to believe that it is quite substantial
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2018-07-10 17:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

As RDM I found the land rate of gravity+bind was reliable on volte mobs.
Had a bad pull+partial wipe and had some fun kiting a few of them so we could pick a couple off before timing out.

Anyone try subduction to see if it sticks on them?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-07-10 17:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There is the same mechanic in HTBs and UCNMs (where the level correction is applied), it's completely impossible to cap dmg with just defense down debuffs if you don't increase your attack to insane levels. In the same time it's really easy to cap in Ambuscade/Omen/Adoulin/Escha with only Frailty/Dia.
Regardless, some fights become ridiculous once you meet the attack requirements.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-10 17:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You can cap attack even with minimal attack with enough defense down, even with low attack.

If a mob is 30 levels high than you, you have 10 attack, and the mob's defense is base 5000 with -100% defense down (so that it has been lowered to 1), then your ratio is 10, which is then lowered to 8.5 by level correction, which is still far above the final cap.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-11 20:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just beat Tarutaru Disjoined, first attempt(was initially a probing run and we planned to kill it saturday). Buffs and strat was largely the same. However, my JP buddy said SCH and BLM MB wrecks it. A JP Ls on another server Bahamut reported 99k MBs pretty much nonstop.

However, they didn't kill all the fetters as far as i know (not sure), and they took it down to 1%, where it benediction and healed for full. >.>

We killed all the fetters but TWO odins popped. They were not back to back however.

Ballzack Video uploading soon.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-11 21:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Taru is which zone?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-11 21:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Taru is which zone?

Isn't it obvious? Windlast

I've never even done divergence and I knew that lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Wardeniv
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2018-07-12 08:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Beat the Galka. Cleared the 8 fetters and had about 20 minutes left after the boss died. Wild card healed it from ~40% back up to 89%. Summoned two Odins.

I assume you only get the full personal pool on the first clear for each zone. After that, I see no point in repeating the boss unless you're trying to preemptively accumulate RP's and deck out your alliance with the relevant REMA weapon type to maximize whatever invisible points we're currently accumulating. Doesn't even drop the guaranteed 1-2 medals like Wave 2. Seems like a better use of time to just kill all wave 3 mobs until we know details surrounding the RP.

Here was our fight.
Dynamis - Bastok [D] Galka Win
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-07-12 09:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Mechanically the fights are very easy, I'd even say most VD Ambu bosses are far easier in terms of mechanics and gimmicks. It sucks killing the MBs don't give better rewards, but it's not like their difficulty warrants it.

The problem is doing 20M damage using crap weapons that are outside of the meta. For example, I knew Koga was bad, but I didn't realize until using it to get points how bad it really was, but I guess that's the point: finding ways to make crap weapons good or rethinking the job meta based on what zone we're doing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Xiutaru
user: etherue
By Bahamut.Xiutaru 2018-07-12 11:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Just beat Tarutaru Disjoined, first attempt(was initially a probing run and we planned to kill it saturday). Buffs and strat was largely the same. However, my JP buddy said SCH and BLM MB wrecks it. A JP Ls on another server Bahamut reported 99k MBs pretty much nonstop.

However, they didn't kill all the fetters as far as i know (not sure), and they took it down to 1%, where it benediction and healed for full. >.>

We killed all the fetters but TWO odins popped. They were not back to back however.

Ballzack Video uploading soon.
YouTube Video Placeholder

All wave 3 mobs & fetters killed, with 14 minutes left after Disjoined Tarutaru died. I believe we went in a counterclockwise loop from where the wave 2 boss was, ending up at the bridge to Heaven's Tower.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-12 17:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
So you can melee burn Tumult? Did it need all 1hrs used?

Yes... it was beaten with melee in early June 2016, and a JP group killed it in April of the same year with melee. You only need about 1550 accuracy nowadays so it is much easier. Accuracy reqs back then were around 1725 counting torpor.

Using 1 hours helps. It can still be a challenging fight.
By Afania 2018-07-12 19:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »

Blm setup video
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Foxfire 2018-07-12 19:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

so it's wielding a mandau?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-12 21:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

A better way to think of it is that it's a currency, like Cruor, that you acquire just by doing damage with correct weapon. I don't think they explicitly stated whether there will be different currencies for each RMEA type. You build the currency, spend it on the weapon of your choice(possibly limited to one weapon type if they have seperate currencies for each weapon type).
By Afania 2018-07-12 21:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Mechanically the fights are very easy, I'd even say most VD Ambu bosses are far easier in terms of mechanics and gimmicks. It sucks killing the MBs don't give better rewards, but it's not like their difficulty warrants it.

The problem is doing 20M damage using crap weapons that are outside of the meta. For example, I knew Koga was bad, but I didn't realize until using it to get points how bad it really was, but I guess that's the point: finding ways to make crap weapons good or rethinking the job meta based on what zone we're doing.

From Square today

Quote:
In order to upgrade, you'll first need to flag them
To flag the weapon, you'll need to accumulate enough total damage against the Wave 3 boss monster equipped with the corresponding weapon. (Example: For relic weapon, you'll need to accumulate enough damage against Wave 3 boss monster in Dynamis-Windurst (D)
There aren't any restrictions, such as whether the damage needs to be physical or magic damage. Furthermore, damage dealt by your party and alliance members will also count towards the accumulation.
Since the July version update, the total amount of damage is recorded onto the character itself.
You do not need to equip, possess the weapons you would like to upgrade
You do not need to be on the job of the weapon you would like to upgrade
Upgrade will become possible around September

If I understand it correctly, you don't need to wear the weapon or even be on the job to get the points, just have to flag the weapon to start building the points. So in theory you could flag Koga, go BLM, MB insane damage for days, get your upgrade and be happy.

You also don't need to be the one dishing out the damage but I'm sure the points gained are neutered from this approach.

So.... aeonic is getting an update after all.
By Foxfire 2018-07-12 21:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

well, yeah
we knew RMEA were getting bonuses
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-12 21:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The point of contention was aeonic, specifically.
By Foxfire 2018-07-12 21:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm saying because mithra wielding heishi was one of the first screenshots/videos we saw thanks to one of the members here, so i'm not sure why there'd be any doubts past that point?
By Afania 2018-07-12 21:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
i'm saying because mithra wielding heishi was one of the first screenshots/videos we saw thanks to one of the members here, so i'm not sure why there'd be any doubts past that point?

Mostly came from the fact that se said rem but didn't mention a. Then some people claimed that aeonic doesn't deserve an update because its too op or something.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-12 21:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's still entirely possible for them to get "lesser" augments. wouldn't even start thinking about it. it's 2 entire months away.
By Nyarlko 2018-07-12 22:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »

From Square today

Quote:
In order to upgrade, you'll first need to flag them
To flag the weapon, you'll need to accumulate enough total damage against the Wave 3 boss monster equipped with the corresponding weapon. (Example: For relic weapon, you'll need to accumulate enough damage against Wave 3 boss monster in Dynamis-Windurst (D)
There aren't any restrictions, such as whether the damage needs to be physical or magic damage. Furthermore, damage dealt by your party and alliance members will also count towards the accumulation.
Since the July version update, the total amount of damage is recorded onto the character itself.
You do not need to equip, possess the weapons you would like to upgrade
You do not need to be on the job of the weapon you would like to upgrade
Upgrade will become possible around September

If I understand it correctly, you don't need to wear the weapon or even be on the job to get the points, just have to flag the weapon to start building the points. So in theory you could flag Koga, go BLM, MB insane damage for days, get your upgrade and be happy.

You also don't need to be the one dishing out the damage but I'm sure the points gained are neutered from this approach.

Points won't be neutered if you are not the one dealing damage. They're setting it up this way so that healers for example wouldn't get screwed over.

Also, it's a little bit unclear in the post, but it realllllly sounded like they said that it was connected to people in your group using the corresponding weapons...
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-07-12 22:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't recall them ever saying damage needed to be done with the same weapon... Do you have a timestamp from the video I can check?
By Foxfire 2018-07-12 23:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not, the wording is just weird.

"To flag the weapon, you'll need to accumulate enough total damage against the Wave 3 boss monster equipped with the corresponding weapon. (Example: For relic weapon, you'll need to accumulate enough damage against Wave 3 boss monster in Dynamis-Windurst (D)"

the "equipped with the corresponding weapon" bit is nebulous depending how you read it, I guess

They mean the boss monster that has [R/E/M/A] weapon equipped is the one that will give you points towards [that category] weapon.

Otherwise the whole "you do not need to equip, possess the weapon to get points" wouldn't make sense.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-07-13 02:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
To flag the weapon, you'll need to accumulate enough total damage against the Wave 3 boss monster equipped with the corresponding weapon

The word "equipped" goes back to Disjoined Boss....

You don't need to equip anything to gain RP.
It's very clear if read slowly...

The important question though, will weapons have more than one augment path like Necks or a fixed one? and can we switch between paths like Escha ones by spending points?

Quote:
Augments will be able to be attached on these weapons. This is also planned for the September version update. Similar to the Oboro job-specific equipment, augments can be upgraded by collecting RP, but we're planning to make it so that you can select from several patterns.
By Afania 2018-07-13 02:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Afania said: »
To flag the weapon, you'll need to accumulate enough total damage against the Wave 3 boss monster equipped with the corresponding weapon

You quoted the wrong person >:O

If it really works like that then itd be great incentive for groups to create setup for wave3, nevermind the fact that medals are big fat gil atm.... Made over 50m from 3 wave3 runs. And I undercutted hard, would be 75m if I don't undercut at all.

Although that means players that farmed ag rem solo are screwed without groups.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-07-13 02:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

XD
I will edit it!
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14