relic +3
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2018-04-27 01:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

just noticing the lack of commentary about new gear/gearsets since dynamis dropped. I went on a break a bit ago, so I was hoping to find the job forums updated so I had an idea what I should go after.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-27 01:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

only about 7/110 of the +3 is good for anything so you really aren't mising out on anything.

And of those 7 only the cor pieces matter.
By Afania 2018-04-27 02:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pulling up the list rq I definitely see more than 7, lol.

Would say 3/5 cor pieces are good.

Rng 2/5. Report says TS body has even higher proc rate than cor qs hands. That definitely fixed the problem of rng dps behind cor with ts up happened a couple months ago.

Blu Sam Brd, War and DRK all benefits from wsd pieces nicely since one of their primary ws gets big boost from it.

Would say 3/5 RDM pieces are good, and 2/5 RUN.

Im pretty sure I missed many more good ones on jobs that I don't care nor play, there are other "niche" pieces that's smaller upgrade as well, like acc swap or extra points of JA or spell enhancement. What I listed is what I think the improvement being comparable to Omen gears.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-04-27 02:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
only about 7/110 of the +3 is good for anything so you really aren't mising out on anything.

And of those 7 only the cor pieces matter.

Actually WAR Head+3 provide a substantial boost to several WSs, most noteably Upheaval, so I wouldn’t write it off or pieces like it for that matter either.

However, you are correct. Every set has one, MAYBE two really good pieces in it, the rest are better off selling their parts for Gil.

Some good ones for quick example:
WAR Head, RDM Head, WHM Legs, THF Body, DRK Legs... I’m sure there’s more though.

To the OP, there’s really not much to say.

BGwiki has them all listed do you can find the ones you want and get to building.
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-27 02:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP Legs and Feet are BiS for Automaton nuking.
PUP Hands and Body are BiS for RNG/WAR Automatons.

DRK legs are BiS for Torcleaver.
[+]
 Asura.Loffy
user: Loffy
By Asura.Loffy 2018-04-27 03:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Body SAM are the best for weapon Skill DMG
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-27 03:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM feet, Head and Hands are also very nice for various purpose.

MNK head is an awesome WS option, with Hands being BiS for Chakra of course. (but lolchakra)

DNC body is virtually BiS for TPing, DNC legs are BiS for Rudra's Storm. DNC feet are BiS for steps, interesting option for TP if you have Closed Position merits. DNC head technically BiS for waltz midcast but you don't really need that to reach cap.

RUN head BiS for Phalanx (pretty good for PDT tanking as well)
RUN body is an awesome tanking alternative to Ashera Harness in some builds where you require DT in the body slot. Legs are of course a (small) improvement for the same purpose you use the legs atm (enhancing magic precast/midcast).

NIN legs are probably BiS for Blade: Ten and Blade: Hi, but at the same time probably incredibly close to Hizayoroi +2.
NIN head BiS for nuking.

SCH body BiS for lolSublimation, BiS for non-regen enhancing magic duration as well. SCH head BiS for nuking as well, provided you can cap 40% MBB t1 without the head slot. SCH Hands might not be BiS but they're a pretty excellent option for Cure spells midcast.

BRD body is BiS for pretty much all BRD WSs, interesting option for TPing. All other BRD pieces are solid WS options, situationally. More details in the ddBRD thread.

SMN body is a very powerful BP option for TP replicating physical BPs (like Volt Strike) that comes at a big cost (no pet acc). Still an interesting option nonetheless.
SMN hands are peculiar if you're going for Pet: TP sets, as they provide pet haste and stats but also a bit of SMN skill to help reaching out certain tier values of SMN skill (for avatar's favor purpose)

GEO hands are BiS for idle (refresh), GEO feet are very good for Luopan out idle, legs are BiS for indi midcast, head is a nice option for Drain/aspir and nukes, likewise body is among the best for non-magicburst nukes.

In general Relic gear offers sidegrade or interesting options for WS when not attack capped for the majority of jobs, since they give pretty large amounts of accuracy and attack.
Such sidegrades or small upgrades were totally not worth the price at release (we were talking about 50+ millions gil per piece), but now that prices are falling down and it's getting easier to buy/farm for them, I think a lot of them suddenly become way more interesting.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-04-27 03:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that there aren't a couple pieces per job that have strong uses, it's that the prices for the +3s are straight up insane and the money is much better spent on other things instead of what is in many cases a fairly marginal gain for a huge price tag.

Eventually after people farm Divergence for many more months, people will either make the items with drops they got, and/or run out of the ability to sell the shards/voidwear to others as demand dries up... and prices will go way down. At that point, maybe worth making more pieces.

Currently? It still just costs too damn much, even though Sechs said right above me that prices are dropping (maybe more so on Asura than elsewhere?). I know it's a gross oversimplification and some pieces cost substantially less than the cost of the equivalent number of Medals (and the shard/void items for some in demand pieces cost MORE than the associated number of Beastmen's/Kindred's Medals), but to get a very rough ballpark number using my not-Asura server's current Medal prices, you could be looking at roughly:

Relic+2: roughly ~16 million
(6x Beastmen Medal @~2mil/each, 3x Delve thing @~1mil/each, 1 craft mat @~1mil)

Relic+3: roughly ~50 million
(9x Beastmen Medal @~2mil/each, 9x Kindred's Medal @~3.3m/each, 3x Vagary drop @~1mil/each)

Over 65 million gil to go from 119 Relic+1 to a single completed Relic+3 piece is pretty nuts for a lot of these items. Precious few are actually worth that kind of money, when it could be used for multiple HQ Abjurations or some good HQ Su3 gear (than can even be used for multiple jobs!), a large chunk of an RME weapon, etc. That being said, there are SOME really awesome pieces. COR feet, RNG head/body, WAR head, etc... But it's a pretty small number that would make anyone but the most hardcore devotee of a job shell out for the +3s.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-27 03:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Prices are slowly dropping, the fact you can bazaar/trade shards/void also helped a lot with that regard.
Furthermore with the rotating weekly campaign it's now much more efficient to farm shards/void items if you got a solid group and do Dynamis runs on cooldown.
It's clearly not something you can solo, but then again I don't see FFXI as a solo-game, if you ask me.

At least on Asura, things are slowly starting to be where they should've always been and many pieces which weren't worth those 60+ mils prices are suddenly becoming interesting options, if you ask me.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-27 04:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not hard at all to find the void pieces you want for 2-4mil on Asura. That greatly reduces the overall price. And any except for the "7" Eiryl mentioned you can usually find the shards for somewhere, too, for less than medal cost.
[+]
By Afania 2018-04-27 09:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Over 65 million gil to go from 119 Relic+1 to a single completed Relic+3 piece is pretty nuts for a lot of these items. Precious few are actually worth that kind of money, when it could be used for multiple HQ Abjurations or some good HQ Su3 gear (than can even be used for multiple jobs!), a large chunk of an RME weapon, etc. That being said, there are SOME really awesome pieces. COR feet, RNG head/body, WAR head, etc... But it's a pretty small number that would make anyone but the most hardcore devotee of a job shell out for the +3s.

65m for 10% wsd is probably still bigger upgrade than 65m for 2 other hq, or 1 SU3 hq gears. Most hq upgrade offers 1% ta or something over nq. But 10% wsd is often 6% to 7% more wsd over avg fern stone augments.

I would take 6% more wsd in a slot for 65m over 1 more stp or ta in 2 slots.

Besides drg etc pretty much most job that gets wsd 10% has 1 or 2 hit ws as their primary ws.

Ja macro is probably not worth 65m. But I'm pretty surprised to hear that even heavy DD like DRK sam war write off wsd pieces as useless, when DD is literally all they do.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-27 09:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that there aren't a couple pieces per job that have strong uses, it's that the prices for the +3s are straight up insane and the money is much better spent on other things instead of what is in many cases a fairly marginal gain for a huge price tag.

Eventually after people farm Divergence for many more months, people will either make the items with drops they got, and/or run out of the ability to sell the shards/voidwear to others as demand dries up... and prices will go way down. At that point, maybe worth making more pieces.

Currently? It still just costs too damn much, even though Sechs said right above me that prices are dropping (maybe more so on Asura than elsewhere?). I know it's a gross oversimplification and some pieces cost substantially less than the cost of the equivalent number of Medals (and the shard/void items for some in demand pieces cost MORE than the associated number of Beastmen's/Kindred's Medals), but to get a very rough ballpark number using my not-Asura server's current Medal prices, you could be looking at roughly:

Relic+2: roughly ~16 million
(6x Beastmen Medal @~2mil/each, 3x Delve thing @~1mil/each, 1 craft mat @~1mil)

Relic+3: roughly ~50 million
(9x Beastmen Medal @~2mil/each, 9x Kindred's Medal @~3.3m/each, 3x Vagary drop @~1mil/each)

All I’m hearing is I don’t have Gil. If you think 65 mil per relic +3 is expensive geez am I the only one here who remembers escha HQs selling for 300mil+? Oh wait I remember selling them all the time for that much. The point is sure it’s expensive but at the end of the day which was already proven it could be 100 times worse. And with these you don’t need to buy the voids/shards unless you want to. Also since this is not a sololable event not surprised the price is high. But ***goblins giving out shards and voids like candy they didn’t do that during the HQ escha ru an days. But like people keep pointing out the fact is the prices will drop that’s it.
By Afania 2018-04-27 09:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It was also a lot slower to make 300m in 2016. Your only efficient option was merc, craft or trio box delve or vagary. That's not exactly fun.

These days we could also spam ambuscade VD for pretty good Gil per hour, also way more fun than merc.

I reactivated for a month last month and by the time I deactivate I finished one relic +3, one su3 hq and one hq abj just by playing the game and do content with friends VERY casually.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-27 09:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
It's not hard at all to find the void pieces you want for 2-4mil on Asura. That greatly reduces the overall price. And any except for the "7" Eiryl mentioned you can usually find the shards for somewhere, too, for less than medal cost.

Even less than 2-4m. People act like they are sitting on a goldmine when they are selling Ninja and Monk shards. Are you people kidding me? I've had people practically pay me to take that ***away from them, because it's of no use in someone's bazaar for 4m if it's something like NIN body or MNK legs. Even pulled the old "asian haggle tactic" and walked away from fairly low offers, only to have that same person come back a day later with a lower price. Just have to be wise on spending. Relic +3 is not nearly as expensive as it was upon release, and only COR, THF, DRK (some), SAM, RNG, WAR, SMN, RDM shards are nearly impossible to find. The rest are normally available.

As time goes on, prices drop, people get desperate. Always wait it out. Sell your medals, save your cash, and when area bonus week rolls around, buy for cheap. Absolutely no reason why Voidtorso/Torsoshards should be sold for any more than 3-4mil. They are 100% drops (50/50) and are easy to kill for the most part. Again, not talking about the in-demand pieces.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-27 10:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Even less than 2-4m. People act like they are sitting on a goldmine when they are selling Ninja and Monk shards. Are you people kidding me? I've had people practically pay me to take that ***away from them, because it's of no use in someone's bazaar for 4m if it's something like NIN body or MNK legs. Even pulled the old "asian haggle tactic" and walked away from fairly low offers, only to have that same person come back a day later with a lower price. Just have to be wise on spending. Relic +3 is not nearly as expensive as it was upon release, and only COR, THF, DRK (some), SAM, RNG, WAR, SMN, RDM shards are nearly impossible to find. The rest are normally available.

As time goes on, prices drop, people get desperate. Always wait it out. Sell your medals, save your cash, and when area bonus week rolls around, buy for cheap. Absolutely no reason why Voidtorso/Torsoshards should be sold for any more than 3-4mil. They are 100% drops (50/50) and are easy to kill for the most part. Again, not talking about the in-demand pieces.

I agree I’ve been seeing a lot of shards for 500k to 1 mil. But it’s usually monk nin pup bst etc
By Boshi 2018-04-27 10:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

From my job perspective

RDM
4/5 are GREAT:
head/body/hands/feet are GREAT
legs are soso, but still BIS for blind2 and Bio3 if you use them, might be competitive for req

COR
4/5 is good, body/hands/feet great, head is good, legs are kinda crap.

RUN
head/body/legs are great
hands/feet kinda suck, maybe good for some vit-based ws or a sweet shockwave lol

THF
I think 5/5 is useful
feet head body most practical
hands mostly to save a slot can get rid of empy feet
legs last just cause there's already really strong legs options with lust & af+3

NIN
2/5 great
Legs amazing 1 hit ws, and if ur super low haste (slow situation)
Head amazing if you use nukes, also strong for magic & great for hybrid ws
feet still bis for enmity but that's w/e
body doesn't seem very useful maybe in slow situation? too small boost vs adhemar
hands suck

BlU
1/5
Legs rock, +2 bis for sanguine, +3 bis for savage/expi
head sucks - it can let u get extra shadow for occult at price of too much recast
body/hands/feet are very minor upgrades for requiscat and good for physical spells
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-27 10:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, NIN feet shouldn't sell for anything higher than 50k. Its literally a 1-enmity improvement over Ahosi, and it has zero use. Pure garbage, even less useful than DRK feet. At least DRK can make use of the feet with Shockwave set.

They honestly didn't think a lot of these pieces through, so it's no surprise everyone is upgrading the same pieces. I still don't know if BST has one useful piece.

edit
Boshi said: »
body doesn't seem very useful maybe in slow situation? too small boost vs adhemar
hands suck

Body is good when paired with Daken hands for when they give NIN a shuriken-based throwing WS (lol). Also its BIS for utsusemi cast time. Not amazing, but it has some use. The Sange Augment on it is arguably the most useless pairing with Daken. Probably not a bad piece to use with Sange (+100rattk), but renders the daken entirely useless. They should have honestly put Daken on the feet with multi-attack, and make it a competitive TP piece. Otherwise, body is underwhelming in many areas.

Hands are less disappointing, since NTE is money savings. They suck, but good for your self-cast ninjutsu sets.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-04-27 10:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I expect the medals to be used for something more in the future, so I wouldn't count on currency becoming inexpensive anytime soon.

The shards and voids will certainly become cheaper. Unless a way to covert them into something more meaningful is introduced, many will be tossed for the inventory-1, garbage-tier things that they are.

Everything else is more expensive than I feel is warranted. The hardest part for most should be finding two friends/mules to enter the content.

Set Yorcia on fire for boles, roots and plasm (to be converted into the items from crappier zones). A (trust) tank, GEO and SCH can complete each run in 15-7min. Farming up the entry stone takes more time than an average run.

Vagary... Yeah, I know most don't want to bother. SE keeps trying to redirect us to these zones. But, the entry items are easy to farm and, at this point, most can be treated like cleave-CP camps. A BLU, BLM or even a GEO (gj Hiep!) can trot in here and AOE everything dead, with only a few points that require careful attention:
1) The wave2 blob boss Brimboil of the Brash Gate zone... Doing over 3.5k causes it to split, which can be a headache. However, a strong BLM can just -aga through all of it, burning it down despite itself.
2) Just before it dies, the first boss of Duskbrood Gate, BlightSlitters, will AOE Doom. If using a trust tank, who cares? Just helix it and watch the show. But, if using a real tank, get in a good double magic burst at the end to prevent it from getting the move off.
3) Perfidien and Plouton have strange spawn mechanics that will require a well-geared mage to under-equip and lock out some gear to meet, but not exceed, the requirements. Once the right configuration has been found, popping and killing both becomes incredibly easy.

Just think of Vagary and Delve as things to do outside of Gain XP RoE and your group/linkshell event times.
Because, let's be real, Omen and DDyanmis aren't keeping us that busy. And Ambuscade gets maxed within the first weekend when it is easy and is ignored after enough runs are completed for upgrades when the gimmicks stink.
By Boshi 2018-04-27 10:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Body is good when paired with Daken hands for when they give NIN a shuriken-based throwing WS (lol). Also its BIS for utsusemi cast time. Not amazing, but it has some use.

Way too easy to cap cast time, It's not worth using over adhemarD
By Boshi 2018-04-27 11:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM
4/5 are GREAT:
head/body/hands/feet are GREAT
legs are soso, but still BIS for blind2 and Bio3 if you use them, might be competitive for req

I just realized I overlooked that legs have dex22
vs perfect 20/20/3/3 taeon they are
Dex+22 Str+8 Att+44 Acc+22 for a loss of ta-2 critrate-3 critD-3
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-04-27 13:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
All I’m hearing is I don’t have Gil. If you think 65 mil per relic +3 is expensive geez am I the only one here who remembers escha HQs selling for 300mil+?

But like people keep pointing out the fact is the prices will drop that’s it.

Yes, I also said prices will drop. Eventually the shards/voids will be cheap enough that even little used niche pieces may be worth picking up.

And yes, I do think 65 mil (or 50, or 40, or whatever number you actually pay - the point is that it's a significant chunk) for a relic+3 is expensive for what you're getting, considering you could get like 3 pieces of, say, HQ Adhemar for the same price and have arguably BiS gear that is useful for multiple jobs.

I mean, for anyone who has overflowing gil and nothing left to spend it on, who am I to tell you what to spend your money on. But for people who aren't already fully kitted out with HQ abj, Su3, RMEAs, etc... you really have to look and see if you're getting sufficient value in something like a marginally better WS piece or some low priority niche use (NIN or PUP nuke gear?)

Yeah, some pieces are worth a high price tag. Several of the RDM COR pieces, RNG head/body, etc. But when you're talking about, say, NIN legs being a tiny bit better for WS than Ambuscade+2 gear... I can't imagine most people don't have other ways to spend their money that would provide more overall benefit.

Hands are less disappointing, since NTE is money savings. They suck, but good for your self-cast ninjutsu sets.

Have you actually calculated how many casts you'd have to do to make the extra NTE+2 per upgrade pay off the cost of the gloves? I'm not exaggerating when I say you'd probably have to play into the 2030s to have the meager savings on NIN tools make your money back for the price you'd pay to upgrade hands today.

I actually did the math somewhere in the NIN forum, just because it's so ridiculous.

Afania said: »
65m for 10% wsd is probably still bigger upgrade than 65m for 2 other hq, or 1 SU3 hq gears.

Yeah, you're right for a handful of pieces for jobs that use single hit WS and have a great Relic+3 piece. COR feet and WAR head, for instance, are fantastic and arguably worth the high price tag. But the point is that these pieces are definitely the exception to the rule.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-04-27 13:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I still don't know if BST has one useful piece.

Head is BiS for Mistral Axe and Calamity and a few other ws's
Its a very nice master ws upgrade. When Empyrean armor gets upgraded to +3 this piece will increase in value more for the very nice stats on top of killer effects.

Hands are BiS for pet -pdt set, combined w/ the new mantle upgrades, bst can cap pet -pdt at 87.5% now.

Legs only provide a few more seconds of reward recast reduction, very modest upgrade for the price. gain 4 seconds from +1 to +3. Not usually that important, but it can make a difference.

Feet are side-grade in Pet PDT slot, so maybe inv +1 using for reward set anyway.

Body looks pretty useless.

All pieces are high in attack and significant acc as well, which bst is very lacking in attack. Not sure of a good use for most the master set.

tldr: head and hands definitely worthwhile, legs and feet are modest but useful, body is useless.
By Boshi 2018-04-27 13:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

WALLLLLL OF TEXTTTTTT

Don't have to be such a Muppet and write a complete wall of text to drown out what is maybe a sentence or 2 of points you're making whenever you post.

Also 1- I never said this, ever. This was a quote by Buuki.

My exact word-by-word quote about the NIN hands was:
NIN
hands suck
By Afania 2018-04-27 13:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
All I’m hearing is I don’t have Gil. If you think 65 mil per relic +3 is expensive geez am I the only one here who remembers escha HQs selling for 300mil+?

But like people keep pointing out the fact is the prices will drop that’s it.

Yes, I also said prices will drop. Eventually the shards/voids will be cheap enough that even little used niche pieces may be worth picking up.

And yes, I do think 65 mil (or 50, or 40, or whatever number you actually pay - the point is that it's a significant chunk) for a relic+3 is expensive for what you're getting, considering you could get like 3 pieces of, say, HQ Adhemar for the same price and have arguably BiS gear that is useful for multiple jobs.

I mean, for anyone who has overflowing gil and nothing left to spend it on, who am I to tell you what to spend your money on. But for people who aren't already fully kitted out with HQ abj, Su3, RMEAs, etc... you really have to look and see if you're getting sufficient value in something like a marginally better WS piece or some low priority niche use (NIN or PUP nuke gear?)

Yeah, some pieces are worth a high price tag. Several of the RDM COR pieces, RNG head/body, etc. But when you're talking about, say, NIN legs being a tiny bit better for WS than Ambuscade+2 gear... I can't imagine most people don't have other ways to spend their money that would provide more overall benefit.

My fern augments are mostly just in range of 8 stat mod and 3% wsd, 4% is very very rare with stat mod. Never seen 5% with stat mod.

Never seen any 5%+ DM augments after 2 years of campaign either.

10% wsd is HUGE upgrade because of that. Nevermind higher stat and massive attack.

For example, Odyssean legs has 23 vit 15 acc 0 attack. With 8 vit 3% wsd augment it's 31 vit 3% wsd total.

DRK relic legs are 31 vit 39 acc 64 attack 10% wsd.

They are not even comparable. The improvement is huge.

If you compare the difference between hq and nq, emicho hq hands gives 1 stp, body= 1 da. With surplus of acc that we don't need with brd. It's much smaller increase overall.

What other hq can you buy that outweight the benefit of 7% wsd 64 attack, on a job that primarily spam torc and do light sc in Endgame?

Hq adhemar is equally small increase. Body hq is 1% ta and surplus of acc we don't need with brd. Hands is 1 ta 1 stp, head is 1 ta 1 critical dmg.

There's just no way 3% ta 1 stp 1 critical dmg beats the value 64 attack 7% wsd when majority of dmg came from ws and sc.

Oshosi is somewhere between 30m to 50m as well, for 1% pity TS that's not even noticeable when you are at 85%+ TS already, due to diminishing return.

I personally don't understand "hq more the merrier" mentality. Most of the value of HQ came from high acc on them, which are irrelevant with brd in ffxi 2018.

Wsd 10% and massive attack is god tier on jobs with 1 hit WS AND close light SC on them, like Fudo and Torc. They ARE better investment, and IMO people are just biased because they came from boring dyna.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-27 14:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you actually calculated how many casts you'd have to do to make the extra NTE+2 per upgrade pay off the cost of the gloves? I'm not exaggerating when I say you'd probably have to play into the 2030s to have the meager savings on NIN tools make your money back for the price you'd pay to upgrade hands today.

I actually did the math somewhere in the NIN forum, just because it's so ridiculous.

Who cares? It's an upgraded version of the 119 versions. Nobody said anything about "paying off" the upgrade. It's an improvement over the original, which was used anyways since you only need so much fast cast. You get 20 extra per stat, and +10 extra attribute. 4% higher NTE. Not impressive at all by any means, but it is an improvement to a piece that was only really used for one thing anyways.

Line by line comparison:
DEF:89 HP+25 STR+20 DEX+34 VIT+28 AGI+6 INT+10 MND+28 CHR+16 Attack+16 Evasion+22 Magic Evasion+26 "Magic Def. Bonus"+1 Haste+5% "Subtle Blow"+7 "Ninja tool expertise"+34

DEF:109 HP+45 STR+30 DEX+44 VIT+37 AGI+16 INT+20 MND+38 CHR+26 Accuracy+38 Attack+79 Magic Accuracy+38 Evasion+42 Magic Evasion+46 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Haste+5% "Subtle Blow"+9 "Ninja tool expertise"+38

Besides, it's NINJA. Totally not an impressive job to begin with, so any minor upgrade is fine. With the way prices on the weaker pieces have been dropping lately and how infrequently one may elect to upgrade these, you can get them for cheap. Or just save pieces from FL and upgrade them for low cost. Not really a big deal, but it's an improvement. Don't have to shell out any real cash for it to begin with, but we're mentioning it because we're talking about pieces that have some use.

I don't know why we have to feel like we have to get our money's worth out of an item for it to be an improvement. Its better than it's predecessors. Simple as that,
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-04-27 14:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Also 1- I never said this, ever. This was a quote by Buuki.

Fixed the incorrect quote, sorry! And yeah, we both agree that NIN hands suck.

And I'm sorry that you can't handle reading several sentences which weren't even directed in response to you (notwithstanding a mistaken quote with a three sentence response, where I was agreeing with you) without making a strange insult. Muppet? Hahaha, I like that one.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2018-04-27 18:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the input guys. to the person that directed me to bgwiki, yes obviously i can look it up myself, but since i've been off for like 6 months i dont recall what i have for gear stats in comparison and havent reactivated yet. to the person that said dynamis was boring, shame on you! its always been my favorite event, when it was actual current content. 3 yrs of not being able to lot on rdm hat in roundhouse's ls was awesome! (mild sarcasm) (also queue roundhouse haters from unicorn)

the main point was im mainly rdm and drk so i was pretty sure on those, but i have other less geared jobs that if they had solid stuff to go for in relic, maybe i would work on that for a bit. i appreciate the helpfulness, truly.

now i just need an ls to do stuff with during weekdays on fenrir.. *crickets* =D
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-27 18:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

To the person that suggested bg wiki at first I feel your pain.
Lately, this has become a trend. People not using this first it’s pretty fascinating and weird at the same time. Hell in my social I’ve been giving 100k Gil to anyone researching a question or gear before actually asking for help because it’s that rare. One butt hurt individual once in my linkshell got sad because on the top of my head I couldn’t remember a mission I did about 10 years ago. I suggested to check google or bgwiki and he went off saying, “every answer with you is google or bf wiki how about you actually help me?” My response, “I don’t remember the every bit of 10 year old content I did I give a tool on how to find it and you’re mad I didn’t give you the answer straight up?”
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-27 18:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides, it's NINJA. Totally not an impressive job to begin with, so any minor upgrade is fine.
Oh... wait until I get to that job's guide.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2018-04-27 19:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, you go ruau. you're already one of my drk heroes. :p
First Page 2