Forum » FFXI » General » relic +3
relic +3
 Shiva.Phioness
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2018-04-27 20:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder what <if any> complimentary pieces will go with this set, seeing as how Omen had items that enhanced accuracy. My guess is it will be Job Specific belts and other accessory slot style items that enhance DAMAGE types <given that each piece currently has ATTACK / MAB or both on it.

My two cents on thief pieces 3/5 made so far on my character.

THF body is BiS for Trick Attack and great when paired with AF+3 hands and a Vajra.

THF Feet Are BiS for TP build

THF Hand's when combined with Taming Sari mean you can store your EMP boots because all you Treasure Hunter is Taken care of.

THF headpiece beats out anything in its slot for TP+STATS+ACC+ATT, at least until the Empy gets its upgrade.

THF legs are good weaponskill piece, maybe not best, but good.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-27 21:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Besides, it's NINJA. Totally not an impressive job to begin with, so any minor upgrade is fine.
Oh... wait until I get to that job's guide.

CANT WAIT
 Asura.Haymitch
Server: Asura
By Asura.Haymitch 2018-04-27 22:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH Relics:

SCH head: it is BiS for MBD (Magic Burst Damage)set.
SCH Body: BiS for non-regen enchanting magic duration set.
SCH gloves: VERY GOOD for cure set.
SCH legs: BiS for Aspir/Drain set.
SCH boots: you can ignore this one.
By Boshi 2018-04-27 23:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Phioness said: »
THF body is BiS for Trick Attack and great when paired with AF+3 hands and a Vajra.

af+3 hands aren't very good for that. They're really just a high acc alternative for low-haste tp (over floral so really only maxacc)

Meghanda+2 will still outpower them
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-04-28 10:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

THF Hand's when combined with Taming Sari mean you can store your EMP boots because all you Treasure Hunter is Taken care of.

Up to TH+10 from gear has an impact on proc rate. For anything that doesn't die instantly that you care about TH for, you should still be wearing the feet. Upgrading hands does mean that it's not nearly as painful a stat loss while full-timing your TH-set when looking for procs though.
 Carbuncle.Funsam
Server: Carbuncle
user: funsam
By Carbuncle.Funsam 2018-04-28 11:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »

Up to TH+10 from gear has an impact on proc rate. For anything that doesn't die instantly that you care about TH for, you should still be wearing the feet. Upgrading hands does mean that it's not nearly as painful a stat loss while full-timing your TH-set when looking for procs though.

Treasure Hunter Caps at 8 on Thief main, 4 on any other job, anything over that won't make any difference. but keeping th8 gear on will increase chance of TH rising.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-04-28 15:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Funsam said: »
Nyarlko said: »

Treasure Hunter Caps at 8 on Thief main, 4 on any other job, anything over that won't make any difference. but keeping th8 gear on will increase chance of TH rising.

.. I specifically was talking about procs. We are also talking about relic+3 gear which is job-specific (so THF-only in this case) so non-THF TH rules are not relevant at all here. Full-timing doesn't actually increase the proc rate. Full-timing prevents the proc rate from decreasing as long as you have equal/greater TH than the current proc.

Don't interject with pointless self-contradicting misinformation please. -_-;;
By Foxfire 2018-04-28 15:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's be honest, there's hardly any situation where you're gonna sit there hoping for procs. For dynamis, poke&go, for escha(????) poke&go, for omen(???????) debatable i guess but really just focus on dd'ing if you're in omen anyway
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-28 15:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
Let's be honest, there's hardly any situation where you're gonna sit there hoping for procs. For dynamis, poke&go, for escha(????) poke&go, for omen(???????) debatable i guess but really just focus on dd'ing if you're in omen anyway

Dynamis midboss hoping for medals is the only endgame relevant content I can think of...which is why I'm not buying those shards, lol.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-04-30 11:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Whether or not it is desirable to do so for you is not relevant to how something mechanically works.

There are plenty of times that I go out farming as THF in my TH set, so yes, the added combat stats are a very nice addition IMO.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-04-30 14:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Dynamis midboss hoping for medals is the only endgame relevant content I can think of...which is why I'm not buying those shards, lol.

TH does have some effect on Geas Fete mobs as well, unlocking an additional drop slot (in addition to the 100% 1 gear item slot). Occasionally that's relevant when you're after gear drops, so a THF (or RNG) might want to try for as many TH upgrades as reasonably possible. One example, I did several Neak last night with the main objective of getting someone in the LS a Herc Vest, and using RNGs to get TH up to 6-7 with Bounty Shot we got 2 gear drops on all but one kill. Might also be after a drop from a Warder NM or something, which is annoying at best to respawn.

Though, I mean... yeah, as a practical matter I agree that it's pretty rare to really have much need to focus on leveling up TH, but I suppose there are some conceivable situations.

YMMV on whether those situations warrant the considerable expense of upgrading to Plunderer's +3 hands. Note that going +1 to +2 doesn't increase TH at all, just attributes and Acc+20 (arguably beneficial) and a large chunk of attack (arguably detrimental, seeing as how in a situation where you give a damn about maximizing TH procs you probably WANT the mob to live at least long enough to hit max TH).