Max Theoretical DPS?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Max theoretical DPS?
Max theoretical DPS?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By fonewear 2018-02-23 19:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the most elaborate troll thread in recent memory.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-23 19:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Should be easier to track down at least. Thanks. ^^

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Full_Break

Quote:
Lowers attack (Element: Water) and defense (Element: Wind) by 12.5%. Lowers evasion (Element: Ice) and probably accuracy (Element: Earth) by 20 points.
Each debuff status is independent and takes priority over the lower tier Weapon Skill that affects the same thing.
Duration has three resist states, so "unresisted duration" is shown above, "resisted duration" is half of that, and it is possible for the monster to fully resist.
Accuracy of WS additional effect has increased june 2017 SE official

Another interesting one

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Shattersoul

When I was CPing PLD to 2100 I had this idea of going PLD/SAM with a staff and using it to make SC's with anyone with a Distortion WS for BLM's to MB on. MDB -10 is pretty big when stacked with Malaise, and I was able to get it working on Apex Raptors, Crawlers and Bats. The two targets I couldn't get it to land on where crabs and pugils which lead me to believe Magic Defense down is water or fire based though it landed on the Apex Eruceas.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-23 19:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Byrne said: »
High level NM's have beyond ridiculous defense, Idris Frailty isn't enough to reach over 4.0 value.

I think it's worth pointing out that while Idris frailty alone is not enough to cap PDIF, during bolster it is a ludicrously huge nerf. It lowers the monsters defense by over eighty percent just by itself. That with 3 minuets HM and 11 Chaos? I'm not claiming to know what all NM's defense values are, but when you've got Chaos and x3 SV minuets and SV honor march you'd have like 4.5k attack (and that's a slightly conservative estimate). In order to not have you at PDIF cap with Bolster Frailty and Dia II, wouldn't the monster have to have above capped defense anyway? Maybe it's more complicated than that during Mighty Strikes? idk

And while STR gives diminishing returns, it does buff all of reso regardless of whether you hit 5 times or 8.

Yes bolster Frailty is ridiculously powerful due to defense down scaling the same way haste does. Bolster is what, three minutes right, so that's "zerg" territory which favors short high burst DPS. "Long" duration fights on the other hand won't have that and actual attack values start to really matter because "attack cap" is over 4x the target defense and CL150 stuff can have 4000+ defense.

So like Idris Frailty + Dia III II would be 51.8% (56.8% if your COR is half decent). 4000 * 0.432 = 1728 * 4.125 = 7128 needed to "cap". Under bolster with Dia II it's somewhere around 2K to hit cap. We back down from the obscene stuff and we run into needing around 5000 attack with an Idris GEO but no bolster. So every time you hear someone mention "capped attack" on anything longer then a minute or two, they are talking out their ***.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-23 19:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If these were both toward me, I still disagree, as did many others, staying at PDIF cap should be one of your first considerations, not a rare luxury that lasts one or two minutes.

It is though. I've been in plenty of longer fights and it's very easy to tell when pDiff stopped being capped. RNG's on T4's or melee TC is a good example. We can't render an entire combat element meaningless by waiving our hands as a general assumption. It's the same thing with accuracy, it's not that difficult to cap but it still needs accounted for because I've seen far too many people *** it up because of this same mentality. Just something people need to keep in mind when dealing with a WS that has an attack personality.

You win the thread automatically with that meme.
On Tumult Curator:

You can't bring up "things that matter" then follow that up with things that there are really no reason to fight except for the challenge alone.

As for T4's... Pretty much everyone here unanimously agrees that you are just factually wrong.

You again, hand waiving saying "I've seen many people blah blah blah" does not matter to anyone that gives half a *** about the actual truth. Anecdotes are just that. People are bad sometimes, COOL. That in no way affects the possibility of covering basic priorities.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-23 19:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually that's what you said. And I was agreeing with you until you said THAT. Which was FALSE.
By fonewear 2018-02-23 19:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't care then why the hell do you keep posting that you don't care ?
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-23 19:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Because at the end of the day we are all carebears.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-23 19:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »

If caring will make this thread better... I"ll care my *** off.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-23 19:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually that's what you said. And I was agreeing with you until you said THAT. Which was FALSE.

And it's true. Those people never, ever, actually state how their reaching this "capped attack". It's just assumed, then they use a setup that's not capable of doing that, like RUN's as the only DD's fighting for an hour, or even ten minutes. Bog / Ecliptic is only on the next bubble, and that bubble only lasts the duration of Dematerialize because if its worth worrying about capped attack then it's capable of eating bubbles every fifteen seconds or so. Hell even your DRG, which is a seventh member who only appears for the JA then vanish's from the fight, Angon is only 90s out of 3 minutes.

There is a reason a "melee zerg" has to be over with so fast.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-23 19:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also let me say, I'm not trying to say i'm anything that RESEMBLES perfect, it wont take much digging to find I've been wrong all over the place, but usually I'll just accept it after a while.

But this is something you don't seem willing to do. You said something that was dumb, so you could have simply clarified that on SOME things it's not possible to stay at attack cap, especially outside of Reisenjima/Escha. That would have been correct, and nobody would give you ***for it. But that isn't what you said.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-23 19:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-23 19:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

And it's true. Those people never, ever, actually state how their reaching this "capped attack". It's just assumed, then they use a setup that's not capable of doing that, like RUN's as the only DD's fighting for an hour, or even ten minutes. Bog / Ecliptic is only on the next bubble, and that bubble only lasts the duration of Dematerialize because if its worth worrying about capped attack then it's capable of eating bubbles every fifteen seconds or so. Hell even your DRG, which is a seventh member who only appears for the JA then vanish's from the fight, Angon is only 90s out of 3 minutes.

You don't keep stacking the debuffs after you've reached cap, you spread them out so you can stay at cap. That much should have been implied.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-23 19:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-23 19:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I'm not saying your method isn't better with how well geared you are.

The danger is that people that listen to your advice will not understand how to complete content.
By fonewear 2018-02-23 19:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I care more than you care. Let's fight about it !
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-23 19:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Also let me say, I'm not trying to say i'm anything that RESEMBLES perfect, it wont take much digging to find I've been wrong all over the place, but usually I'll just accept it after a while.

But this is something you don't seem willing to do. You said something that was dumb, so you could have simply clarified that on SOME things it's not possible to stay at attack cap, especially outside of Reisenjima/Escha. That would have been correct, and nobody would give you ***for it. But that isn't what you said.

Then point out exactly what was wrong, because so far it's been a bunch of strawman attacks. You even ended up agreeing with me and validating my statement, without knowing you were doing so.

You can't take something apart and then attack a singular part of it while ignoring the context.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-23 19:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I care more than you care. Let's fight about it !
But fighting isn’t caring :( #carebear4life
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-23 19:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't keep stacking the debuffs after you've reached cap, you spread them out so you can stay at cap. That much should have been implied.

That makes zero sense at all. You just used the Chewbacca defense

When did I ever, even once, discuss stacking defense down past cap. That was 100% in your own mind as you attacked a fictional version of my statement, aka the strawman fallacy.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-23 19:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

We must preserve this thread so future generations can enjoy it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-23 19:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember everyone, if Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-23 19:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The thread has turned into this.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-23 19:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

All aboard!

[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-23 19:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The thread has turned into this.

RIGHT CLICK DUR
Nevermind the thread has turned into your video hilarious!
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-23 19:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

MY DPS IS BETTER THAN YOURS DUR DUR DUR (in theory)

I just saved you 8 pages.
Lol
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-23 19:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

MY DPS IS BETTER THAN YOURS DUR DUR DUR (in theory)

I just saved you 8 pages.
Lol

Remind me not to play FPS games.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9