Max Theoretical DPS?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Max theoretical DPS?
Max theoretical DPS?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-22 18:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Byrne said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
High level NM's have beyond ridiculous defense, Idris Frailty isn't enough to reach over 4.0 value.

I think it's worth pointing out that while Idris frailty alone is not enough to cap PDIF, during bolster it is a ludicrously huge nerf. It lowers the monsters defense by over eighty percent just by itself. That with 3 minuets HM and 11 Chaos? I'm not claiming to know what all NM's defense values are, but when you've got Chaos and x3 SV minuets and SV honor march you'd have like 4.5k attack (and that's a slightly conservative estimate). In order to not have you at PDIF cap with Bolster Frailty and Dia II, wouldn't the monster have to have above capped defense anyway? Maybe it's more complicated than that during Mighty Strikes? idk

And while STR gives diminishing returns, it does buff all of reso regardless of whether you hit 5 times or 8.

Yes bolster Frailty is ridiculously powerful due to defense down scaling the same way haste does. Bolster is what, three minutes right, so that's "zerg" territory which favors short high burst DPS. "Long" duration fights on the other hand won't have that and actual attack values start to really matter because "attack cap" is over 4x the target defense and CL150 stuff can have 4000+ defense.

So like Idris Frailty + Dia III II would be 51.8% (56.8% if your COR is half decent). 4000 * 0.432 = 1728 * 4.125 = 7128 needed to "cap". Under bolster with Dia II it's somewhere around 2K to hit cap. We back down from the obscene stuff and we run into needing around 5000 attack with an Idris GEO but no bolster. So every time you hear someone mention "capped attack" on anything longer then a minute or two, they are talking out their ***.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-02-22 18:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So like Idris Frailty + Dia III would be 51.8% (56.8% if your COR is half decent)
Dia II plus Idris Fraility would be 51.8%, 56.8% (III), 61.8%(IV)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-22 18:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
So like Idris Frailty + Dia III would be 51.8% (56.8% if your COR is half decent)

Yes I meant Dia II and upgraded Dia II, RDM's are rarely present and the GEO can do the Dia II.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-02-22 18:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

well if the cor is half decent he'd turn that Dia II into Dia IV and not Dia III :P I figured it was just a typo though on the Dia III part
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-22 18:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

well if the cor is half decent he'd turn that Dia II into Dia IV and not Dia III :P I figured it was just a typo though on the Dia III part

I wish, it's hard enough to get them to L Shot once, especially since non-RDM's got a limited duration on Dia and LS has an annoying charge recast. Dia II + LS seems reliable enough to assume full time, unless the group use's a RDM healer for the tanks, then you can get some real debuff love.
By Nyarlko 2018-02-22 19:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Other forms of Defense Down also exist and happen to stack w/ Dia/Frailty. ^^ Plenty of -25%, at least two -33%, available from several different jobs as well.

Shortlist, with max durations:
SAM - Tachi:Ageha = 25%, 3m
DRG - Angon = 20%-25%, 30-90s
BLU - Tourbillion = 33%, 90s
BLU - Bilgestorm = 25%, 60s (Bonus: atk-25%, acc-25%)
BST - slug, Corrosive Ooze = 33%, 70s (Bonus: atk-33%)
BST - pig, Sweeping Gouge = 25%, 60s
BST - tulfaire, Swooping Frenzy = 25%, 2m30s (Bonus: MDB-25)
Great Axe - Armor Break = 25%, 5min
Staff - Shellcrusher = 25%, 9min

Box Step also stacks on top of all the other forms as well, which could be enough to hit def-100% when combined w/ Idris Frailty, Dia2+, and one of the above. Bolster not needed at all in this case.

BST acuex pet's Pestilent Plume also does MDB-25 (acc-50, plague -50tp/tic,) in case we're looking for more sources of the debuff.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-22 19:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Other forms of Defense Down also exist and happen to stack w/ Dia/Frailty.

On the targets we are talking about they will never land, not without Focus / Langour. WS additional effects may have a magic accuracy bonus, but anything with 3000~4000 defense is going to have similarly high magic evasion. I've used Full Break / Armor Break on many many many things, and while it will land on stuff under 140, anything above that becomes a ***shoot.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-02-22 19:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So you are assuming no one is at capped pDIF because everyone doesn't play with a RDM and basically all CORs are bad? Sound argument.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-22 19:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can Light Shot once, QDing a second time typically requires only marginally more effort. Usually the real challenge is having the mage reapply the Dia and communicate that to the COR in a timely manner.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-02-22 19:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see what difference it makes in a theoretical scenario anyways. 1 defense, 1 evasion, 1 VIT, and 1 AGI.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-22 20:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

-Edit-

Not just that, but they can always have either BoG or eccliptic up on anything that matters, and if the fights are so short that you can't, you're probably already at PDIF cap anyhow
By fonewear 2018-02-22 21:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll summarize the thread.

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-22 22:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You could say the Frailty is going to be 62% on anything that matters at least. Having at least BoG isn't too much to ask usually.

BoG / Ecliptic has that annoying 10m recast and on anything worth discussing the bubble is gonna die long before it's back up again. Which is why I said this.

So every time you hear someone mention "capped attack" on anything longer then a minute or two, they are talking out their ***.

People hand waiving important stuff really irks me when it's done outside of very defined situations.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-22 22:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I'll summarize the thread.

Fact
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-22 22:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a list of weapon skill that gavialis helm work with? Or is it as easy as saying "x weapon skill has y property, so it works cuz gav helm works with that element
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-22 22:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's true we're kind of beating this topic into the ground, but hell, I'm learning things so w/e.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-22 23:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Is there a list of weapon skill that gavialis helm work with? Or is it as easy as saying "x weapon skill has y property, so it works cuz gav helm works with that element

It's Fotia belt but only when the day match's a WS's skillchain property.

Quote:
this piece of armor gives +30/256 TP if the day's element matches one of a Weaponskill's skillchain elements.

+0.117 fTP if the day is right, which on WS's that duplicate fTP is a strong increase. Resolution is Fragmentation and Scissionm so Earth, Wind and Thunder days.
By Afania 2018-02-22 23:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
If you can Light Shot once, QDing a second time typically requires only marginally more effort. Usually the real challenge is having the mage reapply the Dia and communicate that to the COR in a timely manner.

Just make a pt chat message in dia macro, tbh every mage should.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-22 23:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That's actually not even what I asked but ok...
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-22 23:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That's actually not even what I asked but ok...

But it is though.

He said it's fotia. That means it works on ALL WS, just not all the time.

As it's item description specifically says, it only applies if the WS you are using aligns with the current in-game day.

It's a little confusing, but not that much.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-02-22 23:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure they meant is there a list like

Firesday: *WS that it applies to*
Iceday: *WS that it applies to*
for all the days
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-23 00:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »

for all the days

Well ok, but that's not what they asked.
The question was
Quote:

So that was how the question was answered

As for a large spreadsheet like that, it would take more time to make than it would save anyone, when making your lua, just quickly look up the properties for that WS and you're done
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-23 00:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That's fine. I didn't know if someone already compiled the list together. I don't use lua so it would be a manual macro in for whenever those days apply. I actually don't have the helm since i copper aman'd it a while ago, will get it back in the future sometime. Didn't realize how useful it was at the time.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-23 01:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't either honestly, Maybe Savael wouldn't mind answering, Does Gav helm apply to all light aligned days for Upheaval when you have Aeonic aftermath? or is it just the original properties that count?

Nevermind, the Wiki for Gavialis helm answered my question, RIP
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-23 01:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That's fine. I didn't know if someone already compiled the list together. I don't use lua so it would be a manual macro in for whenever those days apply. I actually don't have the helm since i copper aman'd it a while ago, will get it back in the future sometime. Didn't realize how useful it was at the time.

This is actually one of those occasions where using Gearswap or Ashitacast is vastly superior, you can just make the args and leave it at that to swap in when applicable.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-23 01:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »

for all the days
Like how it’s always boobs in g string bikini days right?
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-23 03:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You could say the Frailty is going to be 62% on anything that matters at least. Having at least BoG isn't too much to ask usually.

BoG / Ecliptic has that annoying 10m recast and on anything worth discussing the bubble is gonna die long before it's back up again. Which is why I said this.

So every time you hear someone mention "capped attack" on anything longer then a minute or two, they are talking out their ***.

People hand waiving important stuff really irks me when it's done outside of very defined situations.

If these were both toward me, I still disagree, as did many others, staying at PDIF cap should be one of your first considerations, not a rare luxury that lasts one or two minutes. Super revits are a thing. Random Deal is a thing. pDIF is one of the most important factors in improving DPS of the whole alliance.

Use a DRG if you have to. In a large group the overall loss from being a weaker DD will be fine if they can keep you at attack cap vs losing 20~25% of the whole alliance DPS. As long as they have their Revit, and you have a COR and GEO and you're all in the same party, there should only very rarely be a situation where you aren't at PDIF cap, especially on things 'worth mentioning' because those are the ones that will put your *** down if you dawdle. Maybe this isn't as important with as good as you are personally, but remember that dynamics are different for the average player.

The average player if they don't get all their damage out, that can be the difference between a win and a loss; wasting their time, versus actually getting what they wanted.

I'm not trying to be an ***, so sorry if that's how it comes across, I'm just not seeing it.

Frailty Dia II / Angon is -76% defense. With your earlier example, 4000 defense. -76% =~1000. My RUN has 5650 attack in Reisen with non SV buffs and Non bolster Fury/Chaos before food, and RUN has shitty base attack.
By Nyarlko 2018-02-23 04:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

On the targets we are talking about they will never land, not without Focus / Langour. WS additional effects may have a magic accuracy bonus, but anything with 3000~4000 defense is going to have similarly high magic evasion. I've used Full Break / Armor Break on many many many things, and while it will land on stuff under 140, anything above that becomes a ***shoot.

... handwaving...
<,<;;
..you're doing it..

As recent testing has shown extremely successful results w/ pet:Macc for BST jug pet added effects, you should consider making an extra WS equipset squeezing in as much macc as possible w/o going below phys acc requirements. This falls under what I said earlier about ideal sets "for every situation".

If you could guarantee the landing of the AE, would it not be worth reducing the damage from one WS every duration rotation in exchange?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-02-23 04:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

... handwaving...
<,<;;
..you're doing it..

As recent testing has shown extremely successful results w/ pet:Macc for BST jug pet added effects, you should consider making an extra WS equipset squeezing in as much macc as possible w/o going below phys acc requirements. This falls under what I said earlier about ideal sets "for every situation".

If you could guarantee the landing of the AE, would it not be worth reducing the damage from one WS every duration rotation in exchange?

Garland of Bliss is only -12.5% but as far as i know it will land on anything.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-02-23 05:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
Garland of Bliss is only -12.5% but as far as i know it will land on anything.
Interesting, checking back on the 2017 update it also wasn't one of the listed weapons skills that had the added effects acc increased so maybe it does just land? Maybe someone with RUN will mess around with it in PvP to see. If not I'll add it to the never ending list of things to follow up on.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9