Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition
Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 55 56 57
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-01-22 10:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Ramyrez said: »
#MeToo

I love how the left is finally beginning to eat itself over this movement.

"Yes, we wanted to bring awareness to the prevalence of sexual assault. We weren't really trying to help you get revenge on a guys you had consensual bad dates with because the two of you didn't communicate for ***."
People are quick to jump to conclusions in cases that have very little possibility of proof one way of the other, it all boils down to belief and many seem to simply believe that the accused is guilty till proven innocent. The reality is that a rape allegation can ruin a man's life even if it is 100% proven that he didn't do what he was accused of.

Do I believe Harvey Weinstein did what he was accused of? Yeah, he probably did. It's not like we are just hearing of this, Courtney Live mentioned it in 2005 or so.

One that kinda blew me away was Danny Masterson's rape allegations. I hope Steven Hyde didn't rape anyone.
Well that's because we promote idiotic ideas like why would they lie... *** why does anyone lie about anything. And #believeher
I believe in equality, that said, I believe men and women can lie and be just as equally ***.
#ScrewYouAll
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-22 10:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

#MeToo

I love how the left is finally beginning to eat itself over this movement.

"Yes, we wanted to bring awareness to the prevalence of sexual assault. We weren't really trying to help you get revenge on a guys you had consensual bad dates with because the two of you didn't communicate for ***."
People are quick to jump to conclusions in cases that have very little possibility of proof one way of the other, it all boils down to belief and many seem to simply believe that the accused is guilty till proven innocent. The reality is that a rape allegation can ruin a man's life even if it is 100% proven that he didn't do what he was accused of.

Do I believe Harvey Weinstein did what he was accused of? Yeah, he probably did. It's not like we are just hearing of this, Courtney Live mentioned it in 2005 or so.

One that kinda blew me away was Danny Masterson's rape allegations. I hope Steven Hyde didn't rape anyone.
Well that's because we promote idiotic ideas like why would they lie... *** why does anyone lie about anything. And #believeher
I believe in equality, that said, I believe men and women can lie and be just as equally ***.
#ScrewYouAll

See you shouldn't believe in anything. Then no matter what happens you will be right.
By fonewear 2018-01-22 10:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If women are equality then why march in DC ? I don't get it. Women are equal but when a Republican is in office they aren't ? Would they have marched if Hillary was in office ?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-01-22 10:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, there really isn't the same penalty for lying about rape as there is raping someone.

Personally, I think if it's proven you raped someone you should serve time and when/if you get out, you should have to register as a sex offender but if it's proven you lied about being raped, you should get the same punishment. But that makes sense and people are *** stupid so good luck ever having a level playing field.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-22 10:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It should have been called Democrats March in DC to be more accurate . It isn't about women it's a political march against Trump.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-22 10:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, there really isn't the same penalty for lying about rape as there is raping someone.

Personally, I think if it's proven you raped someone you should serve time and when/if you get out, you should have to register as a sex offender but if it's proven you lied about being raped, you should get the same punishment. But that makes sense and people are *** stupid so good luck ever having a level playing field.

Well I'm glad you aren't holding any judicial power. Cause it would be a ***show.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-01-22 10:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
If women are equality then why march in DC ? I don't get it. Women are equal but when a Republican is in office they aren't ? Would they have marched if Hillary was in office ?
Yeah, just with different signs. Tbf, we'd probably still be talking about Trump grabbing pussy if Hillary was in office because we like to dwell.
By fonewear 2018-01-22 10:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Form internet forum moderator to legal scholar all in one day !
By clearlyamule 2018-01-22 10:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

#ScrewYouAll
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-22 10:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, just with different signs. Tbf, we'd probably still be talking about Trump grabbing pussy if Hillary was in office because we like to dwell.

Still to this day people misinterpret what he said. He talked about grabbing pussy as a joke. But I guess people don't get jokes.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-22 10:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

#ScrewYouAll

Lying is a good thing it prevents you from always having to defend yourself.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-01-22 10:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Still to this day people misinterpret what he said. He talked about grabbing pussy as a joke. But I guess people don't get jokes.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
By Ramyrez 2018-01-22 10:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

More like Ramy angry and things he can't control !

Exactly!

I prefer boobs or puppy pictures.

Those make me happy.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-22 10:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

You won't even bother to look up the quote to get it right. And you want to be a lawyer ! Objection your honor !
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-22 10:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Same? Ha there usually isn't any penalty. Even when the person recants after the accused has spent decades in jail often nothing. Personally I don't see the difference between getting the state to lock someone up for years and doing it yourself
By clearlyamule 2018-01-22 10:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer being too awesome to need defending
By Ramyrez 2018-01-22 10:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm glad you aren't holding any judicial power. Cause it would be a ***show.

Proven* is the key. That's always been the problem with rape. Unless carried through immediately thereafter, it is a very hard thing to prove.

No proof? No conviction without admission of guilt. That's just how it has to be, really. It sucks that so many people get away with it, but it also would suck even more to ostracize/penalize an innocent person.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-22 10:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

First step is you got to go outside and make friends.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-22 10:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you been outside? Game play is terrible
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-01-22 10:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Same? Ha there usually isn't any penalty. Even when the person recants after the accused has spent decades in jail often nothing. Personally I don't see the difference between getting the state to lock someone up for years and doing it yourself
I've only heard of like ONE woman actually being penalized for lying about rape and it was fairly recently.

Thing is it's the allegation that *** a guy over because his name is forever tainted and if it goes to court it will show up on his records. It can cause a bunch of trouble for life.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-22 10:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Proven* is the key. That's always been the problem with rape. Unless carried through immediately thereafter, it is a very hard thing to prove.

No proof? No conviction without admission of guilt. That's just how it has to be, really. It sucks that so many people get away with it, but it also would suck even more to ostracize/penalize an innocent person.
You'll also have to restructure how we handle the accused before trial as well. A shocking number of men are convinced to admit guilt to plead for lesser charges because they are convinced that they will be found guilty even with no real proof.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-22 10:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you been outside? Game play is terrible

I'm a level 23 Ninja currently looking to catch a bus to the library.
By fonewear 2018-01-22 10:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I went outside yesterday some guy named loth something was talking about jews and nazi I thought I was on FFXIAH...turns out I was in Asura.
By Ramyrez 2018-01-22 10:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Game play is terrible

You need to grind exp. Can't expect to play at pro level before you get in some exp figuring out how to walk without slipping on ice or getting winded.
By fonewear 2018-01-22 10:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually FFXI is the most repetitive game ever. You need a REMA weapon to do Ambuscade... I guess. Then when you get bored you make another REMA weapon. Repeat forever.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-01-22 10:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Game play is terrible

You need to grind exp. Can't expect to play at pro level before you get in some exp figuring out how to walk without slipping on ice or getting winded.

Yea but.... net code is still shyyyttt
By Ramyrez 2018-01-22 10:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only heard of like ONE woman actually being penalized for lying about rape and it was fairly recently.

My wife works in DNA. As much as she is for equality and fairness, etc. as you would traditionally define feminism, she sees and hears from coworkers about way more unsubstantiated rape case claims that they process than you'd like.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-01-22 10:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/370076-trump-known-to-use-indian-accent-to-imitate-indias-prime-minister

“Lordy, I hope there are tapes”
[+]
By Ramyrez 2018-01-22 11:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually FFXI is the most repetitive game ever. You need a REMA weapon to do Ambuscade... I guess. Then when you get bored you make another REMA weapon. Repeat forever.

The thing is, this was the tradeoff. "We" (the royal 'we' that is) wanted REMA to be more accessible. They granted us this request. Which is awesome.

But that also means that they have the scale content to the now-higher average power of the player base.

Overall I did actually prefer it that way. I finished Amano before the REM changes and it was cool sort of "standing out," and I'm still glad to have done it. But frankly it was far more fun when more people could get good weapons and you could tackle new content that was challenging, not just grinding and camping HNMs.

But at this stage in the game it's a bit difficult for them to keep churning out new, interesting content that also keeps pace with player power. Let's be honest, the game is basically existing as a time killer for people who have always loved it. That's about it. Your sense of true achievement is long gone but you can still feel good beating the piss out of things.

...I think. I admit my entire take here is about two years(!!!. Has it been two years already!?) old.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-22 11:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Game play is terrible

But I grind everyday! I don't even have a chocobo yet
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 55 56 57