Random Politics & Religion #30

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #30
Random Politics & Religion #30
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67
By Ramyrez 2017-12-29 09:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
But but my justice...it weeps !

Pretty sure no one wants actual justice.

An actual eye-for-an-eye totaling of sums would make for some serious ***for almost everyone.
By fonewear 2017-12-29 09:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Sartre says hell is other people he was surely talking about this forum.

IIRC this quote is always taken massively out of context.

It was from No Exit and there sure as Hell is not exit from PnR !
By fonewear 2017-12-29 09:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Read a book you silly *** !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Exit
By fonewear 2017-12-29 09:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Even out of context it's a damn good line.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-29 09:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't disagree.

I'm just always interested the way we've come to use so many philosophical or literary quotes out of context.
By fonewear 2017-12-29 09:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't disagree.

I'm just always interested the way we've come to use so many philosophical or literary quotes out of context.

I blame Jeopardy.
By fonewear 2017-12-29 09:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured it out finally our mods are Lenny:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By clearlyamule 2017-12-29 10:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Niks apparently not familiar with the LAPD's Rampart scandal.
Was the scandal they are terrible plds?

Nah. It was in the old days. The long, long ago.

Holy ***man I forgot about this. God played this game way too much back in the days of hardly any decent snes games and being poor
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-12-29 10:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sartre says hell is other people he was surely talking about this forum.
IIRC this quote is always taken massively out of context.
That's OK, we here are experts at taking things out of context.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-29 10:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***man I forgot about this. God played this game way too much back in the days of hardly any decent snes games and being poor

I'm just stoked I got to reference Atari 7800 games two days in a row.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-12-29 10:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
F+

C'mon, man. Going into the New Year here. Positive spin on things!
Sounds like the school district near me. They implemented some newfangled grading system to make the kiddies feel good about themselves (no they didn't they wanted to make it look to outsiders that they were doing better to get more funding). Not sure what it is now but initially they made it so F was 0-19, D 20-39, C 40-59, B 60-79 and A 80-100. And given they also made it so minimum grade you could give something even an incomplete was 50 you literally couldn't fail. Needless parents and teachers were upset so they changed it to where they only had to do 1 of those... but that still means you can pass with doing less than 1/4 your work.
By fonewear 2017-12-29 10:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of Video Games the WHO classified video game addiction as posting random ***on FFXIAH.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/27/the-who-may-add-video-games-to-its-list-of-recognized-addictions/
By fonewear 2017-12-29 10:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I checked the DSM V it currently lists posting on FFXIAH as a mental disorder. It's about damn time we get some recognition !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-29 12:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Give em the Zuc !

By fonewear 2017-12-29 12:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Zuck is a lizard here is proof:

Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-29 15:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

there is no possible way mathematically that the other 99.9% of cops could even know what the .1% are doing on a daily basis.

More ***.

The entire department knows that Officer Johnson isn't doing the right thing the same way the entire school knows Sally puts out on the first date. *** talk, swap war stories and in turn generation an entire culture where Police Officers >> everyone else. You haven't even responded to the Baltimore story, which is just one place out of many.

Again your pissing on everyone and then demanding they believe it's rain.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-12-29 15:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we have a numerical definition of rampant here?

Let's make one!

The significance level, also denoted as alpha or α, is the probability of rejecting the null hypothesis when it is true. For example, a significance level of 0.05 indicates a 5% risk of concluding that a difference exists when there is no actual difference.

So it has to be above 5% to achieve minimal statistical significance at all.

Rampant could also mean widespread... so we could use the infectious disease models and iirc that's 33.3% in order to receive a classification of widespread the disease has to infect one third of the population.

so the black plague was rampant....

So every cop in america would have to shoot and kill approximately ten people each year 110,000,000 before you could classify it as "rampant" or widespread. I suppose some of them could kill more to cover the spread...

But they would all have to kill at least one person in order to gain statistical significance which is already impossible.

That's... not how statistical significance works.

But I'm debating giving you a pass because it's irrelevant to the point you're making, and watching you go on a tirade on any given topic is en enjoyable experience.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-29 15:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

First off none of you stupid *** justice. Those dumb *** saying no justice no peace. Ok let's take all the police force out of your ***hole. See how you like it ! That is what I would do you hate cops ok let's put the cops on strike.

Don't hate cops, most of my family was involved in law enforcement at one point in time or another. That's how I know Nik is talking out his *** and bullshiting everyone here. When former / semi-retired Police Lieutenants tell you exactly what was done to "get ***done" it paints a very clear picture. Then they tell you what they knew others were doing.

It boils down to getting convictions, and easiest way is with confessions and the best way for that is to get the person to admit to ***during the "interview". Used to be easy, apply pressure, discomfort and disinformation and they spit out stuff that can be used for easy conviction. Now too many people know not to talk to the police and demand to have a lawyer during the interview, which immediately invalidates anything they could of gotten from them. So the next best thing is to have such a heavy OMFG weight tossed on their heads that they will either immediately confess to something, or their lawyer will go for a plea deal where the confess to something and have the crazy heavy item tossed. Problem is Police now need a crazy heavy item, like say intent to distribute drugs.

Drop bags are easy to obtain since Police are constantly confiscating that stuff. Just a few grams of a narcotic is needed, sufficiently large to be over the limit for intent to distribute, but small enough to be easily concealed, drop it at a convenient spot during a legal search on someone you suspect is doing something and *BAM* instant win.

Another thing is with drug dogs, you can easily get them do signal a false positive on command with a simple hand movement. It's the same signals they use to train the dogs to search in the first place, tap on the cap panel, do the signal and the dog will respond that there are drugs just like they do in training. The cops can then arrest the person and search the vehicle, if there are no drugs found they can "drop" some in there. The only caveat to these is they can't do them all the time because it would start to make people nervous and could draw attention.

I could spend all day discussing the shady ***Police Officers do to circumvent due process. This isn't about Police shooting people, this is just basic checks and balances.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-29 15:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

But I'm debating giving you a pass because it's irrelevant to the point you're making, and watching you go on a tirade on any given topic is en enjoyable experience.

Rampant, as in commonly acceptable behavior.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-12-29 16:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Kansas man shot to death by police was reportedly unintended victim of online ‘swatting’ prank
NY Daily News

Quote:
A Kansas man shot to death by police earlier this week was the victim of a misdirected gaming prank known as "swatting," according to social media chatter.

The victim, who has been identified as Andrew Finch by local outlets, was gunned down on Thursday night after cops responded to his Wichita home amid a false report that he had shot his father to death and was now holding his mother, brother and sister hostage.

A responding officer fatally shot Finch, 28, when he came to the front door, according to Wichita deputy police chief Troy Livingston. The deputy chief declined to comment on what triggered the officer to open fire and would not say whether Finch was armed.

But a series of Twitter posts screenshotted by the Wichita Eagle suggests that Finch became the unintended victim of a "swatting" prank stemming from a heated discussion over a Call of Duty bet.

Swatting is an internet prank in which someone calls the cops with a fake story about a violent crime in progress, often involving hostages, in an attempt to spark a massive police response. The potentially devastating prank method has gained particular traction among gaming communities and the FBI estimates that some 400 cases occur annually.

According to the screenshotted Twitter posts from Thursday, one Call of Duty player threatened to "swat" another player after they got into a heated argument over a $1 or $2 bet. The targeted gamer apparently provided a false address, resulting in cops showing up to Finch's home instead of his own.

"Someone tried to swat me and got an innocent man killed," the targeted gamer tweeted as news of the fatal police shooting began to spread.

The gamer who supposedly committed the prank later tweeted: "I DIDNT GET ANYONE KILLED BECAUSE I DIDNT DISCHARGE A WEAPON AND BEING A SWAT MEMBER ISNT MY PROFESSION."

Both tweets had been deleted as of Friday afternoon.

The officer who opened fire — a seven-year veteran with the Wichita department — has been placed on administrative leave pending an internal investigation.
Someone REALLY needs to dox that ******.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-29 17:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

While his statistics knowledge is idk yeah it's not really the point I was getting at that he went crazy over
By clearlyamule 2017-12-29 17:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's weird that even though they link the source that says has screenshots it doesn't show them in the link... if it's true though pretty sure the police going to find and *** him. Maybe twice to shift blame off the fact they completely *** up too
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-12-29 18:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How it works under Trump, infrastructure dept:

Cost of Route 95 viaduct project in Providence soars
Providence Journal

Quote:
The estimated cost of the underlying project — replacing the decrepit Route 95 North bridges and interchange in the center of the city while adding new travel lanes — has grown from $226.1 million to $342.9 million.

The price tag to repair and expand Route 95 through downtown Providence has ballooned as Rhode Island looks to take advantage of President Donald Trump’s preference for public-private infrastructure partnerships.

The state last month applied for a $60-million grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation’s “INFRA” program for the reconstruction of the Route 95 Northbound Providence Viaduct, roughly the same project it sought a $59-million grant for a year ago under the Obama administration’s predecessor “FASTLANE” program.

But the estimated cost of the underlying project — replacing the decrepit Route 95 North bridges and interchange in the center of the city while adding new travel lanes — has grown from $226.1 million to $342.9 million, according to the respective grant applications from the Rhode Island Department of Transportation.

A big chunk of that cost increase is connected to financing and the private part of the project. This year’s grant application says the “estimated design-build cost” is $264 million. The new plan then adds interest on a $45-million private loan and a “15-percent return to the private partner.” ...
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-12-29 18:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing the math on my last post....

Total cost $342.9 million.
- “estimated design-build cost” $264 million.
= 77.1M financing costs.
+ Grant $60 million.
They loose 7.1M with the grant.

Ummm... forgo the grant and issue bonds?

They can still issue boncs can't they?
By fonewear 2017-12-29 18:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Doing the math on my last post....

Total cost $342.9 million.
- “estimated design-build cost” $264 million.
= 77.1M financing costs.
+ Grant $60 million.
They loose 7.1M with the grant.

Ummm... forgo the grant and issue bonds?

They can still issue boncs can't they?

It isn't a school day so I refuse to do math
By fonewear 2017-12-29 18:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of random stuff I heard a woman on NPR today said she hates Philosophy it was a dagger to my heart. How could someone hate Philosophy...She probably doesn't even understand Philosophy enough to hate it.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-12-29 19:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of random stuff I heard a woman on NPR today said she hates Philosophy it was a dagger to my heart. How could someone hate Philosophy...She probably doesn't even understand Philosophy enough to hate it.
I have always admired your understanding of Philosophy and your illustrating it through Simpsons clips and .gifs

I assume you are an absurdist.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-12-29 19:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

2deep4her
By clearlyamule 2017-12-29 19:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-12-29 23:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, CNN is really delivering hard-hitting news lately. There was a white truck obstructing their stalker vantage point of the President golfing, and after three days of coverage about the truck, they're going to get to the bottom of this!

Why was the truck there?
Who does it belong to?
Is the truck part of a view-blocking conspiracy?
THE PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67