Random Politics & Religion #30

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #30
Random Politics & Religion #30
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 65 66 67
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-28 14:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
WTF you smoking willis

cigars... and no I'm not sharing.

rampant abuse of the trust they were given

see right here is where you are full of ***...

there is no rampant abuse and there never was any rampant abuse.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-28 14:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Honestly I struggle as it is with not going full-on survivalist weirdo. I don't think that the nuclear/zombie/communist apocalypse is imminent and I need to be ready...it just sounds kinda fun.

it is fun and I encourage you to do it.

you don't have to go full weirdo. you can go half weird and have enough ***together so that if a storm takes out your power for a week you don't die like a weenie.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-28 14:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
you don't have to go full weirdo. you can go half weird and have enough ***together so that if a storm takes out your power for a week you don't die like a weenie.

Oh I've already got that covered. I actually had to do that last Labor Day when I had to have part of my electric service replaced on a holiday weekend. Thanks Barry*, you ***.

(*person who sold me my house).

I'm talking full-on fallout shelter and guns and rations and sterilized water and maybe a double-filtered water reservoir with a charcoal pit to filter rainwater once and then another filter at the tap from the reservoir for that double-filtered cleanliness!

Some claymores on the perimeter...

A big awesome entrance that's intimidating as hell, but it's not really the entrance, and anyone who manages to break into it is met by a pit of infected spikes.

It'll be awesome.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-12-28 15:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
I tell them straight up when they come to the window, I have a concealed carry permit and a pistol in my back.

Never had a problem.

You get pulled over that frequently for it to be enough of a routine to say you "never have" problems?

Not trying to be a smartass. But if you get pulled over so frequently that you have a good sample size, the gun might not be the most dangerous thing about you. D:

But really. Keep your hands on the wheel until the police ask for stuff, tell them where the things are that you're reaching for, explain that as you reach they may see your piece for which you have a CCP that you will also be giving them.

Move slowly. Keep hands visible. Narrate your actions if you have to reach for anything.

Shouldn't have any problems as long as you're not a ***.

***I get pulled over about twice a month because our police are very nice and want to help you out. NY just passed a window tint law that goes into effect 1/1/18 and my truck windows are dark but it's not peel off tint its actually dark glass as the peel off tint does not hold up well in the cold up here.

I did order new front windows they just have not come in yet. NY and it's stupid laws.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-28 16:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick! Someone post the Ridin' Dirty song!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-28 16:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I struggle as it is with not going full-on survivalist weirdo. I don't think that the nuclear/zombie/communist apocalypse is imminent and I need to be ready...it just sounds kinda fun.

it is fun and I encourage you to do it.

What you need for the apocalypse:
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-28 17:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

***I get pulled over about twice a month

I NEVER get pulled over EVER and I look the unibomber ate the son of sam.

My secret is....I drive a lame *** beige minivan.

But Nobody *** with me. Cops probably think I'm an ugly soccer mom running late to pick up the kids from practice or some ***...but they never pull me over. Ditch the auxiliary penis with the stick shift and roll out in a mom mobile.

So....Come on down! to Crazy Nik's shitty used cars! We have low prices on completely inconspicuous used minivans!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-28 17:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Easiest way to avoid dealing with cops stop being a jerk ***. It's pretty simple.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-28 17:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

***I get pulled over about twice a month

I NEVER get pulled over EVER and I look the unibomber ate the son of sam.

My secret is....I drive a lame *** beige minivan.

But Nobody *** with me. Cops probably think I'm an ugly soccer mom running late to pick up the kids from practice or some ***...but they never pull me over. Ditch the auxiliary penis with the stick shift and roll out in a mom mobile.

So....Come on down! to Crazy Nik's shitty used cars! We have low prices on completely inconspicuous used minivans!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-28 17:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Trade in that mini van for a Yugo Nik !

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-28 17:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

WTF you smoking willis

cigars... and no I'm not sharing.

rampant abuse of the trust they were given

see right here is where you are full of ***...

there is no rampant abuse and there never was any rampant abuse.

Yes there is rampant abuse, it's called the blue wall of silence.

Very few Police Officers are dangerous / bad cops and if things were working they would be caught and removed from duty. Unfortunately what happens is good police officers lie and assist in protecting the bad ones. ~THAT~ is the abuse of public trust. The public places a large amount of trust in police officers, all things being equal an officers word is weighed heavily in all interactions and they are given an inordinate amount of leeway for doubt in their actions. There isn't anyone to police them and they are largely left to police themselves.

That large amount of trust is why police officers can not allow the blue wall to exist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_wall_of_silence

Don't try to sit here and lie to everyone, I know from personal testimony that the blue wall not only exists but is status quot and anyone violating it becomes persona non grata and their career is finished. Worse yet is that they will forever live with the knowledge that no officer will ever cover their back nor protect them should a situation turn deadly. Being on a two way riffle range against multiple opponents without backup dramatically lowers your chances of survival.

And as I said before, an ISIS soldier is safer facing a US soldier then a US citizen is facing a US police officer. The US soldier not only needs to see the ISIS soldier with a weapon, they need to see them trying to use it to inflict harm on someone. The US police officer needs no such thing and merely must have a "fear for their life", which in light of the tremendous amount of discretion they are granted is always believed.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-28 17:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I took an oath of silence I lasted about 20 seconds.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-28 17:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes there is rampant abuse.

No there isn't. You are chock full of ***. I dont care how many times you repost the same lame *** conspiracy theory, it doesnt make it true.

Quit watching Bright and pull your head out of your ***.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-28 17:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly must mean rampage abuse from those sword chuck war/nins
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-28 18:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Easiest way to avoid dealing with cops stop being a jerk ***. It's pretty simple.

Yeah...just drive like an old grandma on her way home from bingo.

Problem solved.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-28 18:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Very few Police Officers are dangerous / bad cops .

Right and so if this statement is true, which it clearly is, then how could your assersion that "abuse is rampant" also be true?

The answer is IT CAN'T. Read your own posts once in a while dipshit.
By fonewear 2017-12-28 18:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Right and so if this statement is true, which it clearly is, then how could your assersion that "abuse is rampant" also be true?

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-12-28 18:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

***I get pulled over about twice a month because....
Cruse control is your friend.

Being angry behind the wheel is counterproductive.

Avoid jackrabbit starts, unsignaled or abrupt lane changes, bumper riding, and red cars. All those things attract the eyes of cops.

Before I moved west most of my driving was in Washington DC and New York city and their suburbs. Driving is a competitive motorsport there.

I used to get 3 - 4 tickets a year when I was new in Seattle and that's when I was young and pretty. It took me a while to outgrow those NE urban reflexes but the biggest help in avoiding tickets is cruse control.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-28 18:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Because your being deliberately obtuse and ignorant.

Shielding a bad cop is abusing the public's trust. The 99.9% of good cops who lie and protect the 0.1% of bad cops are also abusing the public's trust. That's pretty damn rampant.
By fonewear 2017-12-28 19:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Dead mall vaporware interlude !

Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-28 19:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes there is rampant abuse.

No there isn't. You are chock full of ***. I dont care how many times you repost the same lame *** conspiracy theory, it doesnt make it true.

Quit watching Bright and pull your head out of your ***.

Only an idiot would think this is a "conspiracy theory". From the very mouths of whistle blowers with decades upon decades of historical evidence including a multitude of investigations. The other name for it is "cop culture". Your arguing against someone with actual first hand internal knowledge and looking pretty stupid.

Here is what happens, two police officers are out on patrol or doing a check in, there are two of them because they are partners even if only for that evening.

Cop A does or says something stupid which results in something very bad happening, Cop B will agree with whatever Cop A says on the report and nobody will question it. The rule is "always have your partners back, always". This means that police officers will never turn on one of their own, they will always cover for them, agree to say anything even if it's completely impossible. All issues are dealt with internally. The goal is two fold, first to give the public perception that the police are infallible, if they acknowledge they *** up bad in one place they would have to acknowledge that the *** up in previous times and just lied about it. The second goal is to always have protection because police officers don't do to well in prison.

Worked for decades because who are people going to believe, some random dude or a respected officer in uniform. Then we started carrying video recording devices and posting to social media, so now the illusion of infallibility is gone along with demonstrations of all the *** they were getting away with.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/07/20/538279258/baltimore-police-caught-planting-drugs-in-body-cam-footage-public-defender-says

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lapd-officer-pulled-from-field-after-apparent-drug-planting-caught-on-body-cam/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/another-baltimore-police-body-cam-video-shows-officers-plant-drugs-n789396

Literally 5 seconds of google, all video evidence. Notice the one bad officer plants the evidence while the good ones goes along with it and later testify that the whole thing was legit. You can put in time and see dozens of instances where police officers are planting evidence or shooting unarmed people. And this whole time they've been getting away with it consequence free, until video cameras got involved. And if in 2016 / 2017 we are just now seeing this stuff, what was happening in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, how about all the way back to the mid 90's? How much abuse was taking place with the offenders getting a nod and a pass to continue. How much of that abuse was general knowledge within a department yet never spoken about.

And all those beatings that sparked riots totally didn't happen right.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-28 19:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm starting to miss the wacky links Chanti posts. Maybe they are putting lead in my water...I've seen a lot of dumb people lately.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-28 19:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Before I moved west most of my driving was in Washington DC and New York city and their suburbs. Driving is a competitive motorsport there.

Should see it now, the Indians and Pakistanis drive like their still back home, it's madness personified.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-28 19:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-28 19:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

And then we got people like this, she's gonna raise a whole nother generation of welfare babies.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-28 19:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So in more "Police aren't bad!!!" news.

In one year of Baltimore having mandatory body cameras, 14 cases of substantiated police misconduct with one having criminal charges and 62 instances of "administrative discipline".

One *** Year in one city.

Police were trying to get around the recording by turning off their mandatory body camera's then turning them back on to "recreate" something, without realizing that the gap is extremely evident and suspicious as ***. The various officers have expressed, and this ***is funny, questions on when it was ok to turn the cameras off. Holy ***, what kind of status quot must be present to actually ask that question. It's a *** mandatory body camera, it's on anytime your at a scene or doing a patrol. It's purpose is to provide an impartial third party witness for transparency, turning the *** off defeats that purpose.

But hey totally not a culture of silence and *** over civilians to protect other officers.
By fonewear 2017-12-28 19:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I think FFXIAH needs a 140 character limit ain't nobody got time to read that.
By Eboneezer 2017-12-28 20:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I can think of quite a few times when they should be able to turn the cameras off. Not sure why this would be so surprising? I wouldn't be happy to know that anyone could request to view a video of the inside of my home. I wouldn't want there to be video of some naked child that had just been raped. Or knowing that a video of my family member in a vulnerable position is available for who knows who to view. What about confidential informants? I'm sure they want video of them singing like a canary out there for people to view. If these cameras are always running, they're catching citizens in some of their most vulnerable times. Victims have rights to privacy.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-12-28 20:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Niks apparently not familiar with the LAPD's Rampart scandal. Or the Rodney King riots. Or whistleblowers like Frank Serpico who exposed rampant corruption in the NYPD, whose fellow officers then tried to have him killed. Or the almost 1200 people killed by police this year. http://killedbypolice.net/
By clearlyamule 2017-12-28 21:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Niks apparently not familiar with the LAPD's Rampart scandal.
Was the scandal they are terrible plds?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 65 66 67