First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Taberif
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2017-11-14 10:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
1 cor 2 pups 3.5 minute wins from the other side of zone. Eat all spells and moves like a boss
On vd? Might have to try this
By clearlyamule 2017-11-14 11:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taberif said: »
1 cor 2 pups 3.5 minute wins from the other side of zone. Eat all spells and moves like a boss
Using overdrive but yeah
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-11-14 11:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Using overdrive but yeah

What's your attachment/frame/equip setup? :O
By clearlyamule 2017-11-14 11:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
Using overdrive but yeah

What's your attachment/frame/equip setup? :O
valoredge/valoredge
For attachment definite includes would be Optic fiber 1/2, ARK 4, mana jammer 4, analyzer, steam jacket, attuner, TS 4. Rest is kind of your needs. I put coiler II and stabilizer 4 for more dmg

Doing fire, light water for obvious reasons. And keeping on the mixed dt/dd set on
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-11-15 01:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you use for dps?
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-11-15 06:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Overdrive.
[+]
 Sylph.Xkayx
Server: Sylph
user: Wales0214
By Sylph.Xkayx 2017-11-16 06:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

My pup gets wiped out so fast how do you survive?
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-11-16 06:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The player or the auto?

Player: Stay out of range.
Auto: Hybrid DT/DD set. 4/5 Taeon with -DT and DA, + Anwig (pet -dt+haste) is a solid base.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-16 07:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Those Robots are nearly invincible if the PUP knows what their doing, seen Rua do some really crazy ***with his little robot buddy. Not so great on damage but hilariously sturdy. PUP was anther job that SE *** up by spreading it out too much.
 Sylph.Xkayx
Server: Sylph
user: Wales0214
By Sylph.Xkayx 2017-11-16 14:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I am using rao+1 set and pup still dying. Maybe not been master is a must have. Any help appreciated
By Taint 2017-11-16 14:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my setup, works well in N-D.

ItemSet 354418

Been using this attachment set up, via Dasva on BG:

"valoredge/valoredge
For attachment definite includes would be Optic fiber 1/2, ARK 4, mana jammer 4, analyzer, steam jacket, attuner, TS 4. Also right now using AP 4 because well I never take it off but it's pretty uncessary for this fight. Coiler II for more dmg Stabilizer 4 just in case though I'm pretty sure I'm capping acc anyways and TS 3 because why not more attack. Doing fire, light water for obvious reasons. Basically full time my dt/acc set and bone crusher all the things "

A full Earth tank setup works too if you need to hold hate in a full party. Again I am just doing N/D.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-16 14:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Need more than rao. Full dt and all and some defensive attachments should get the nukes down to literally 1 dmg and iirc hammers to around 600-800 on main target with OD and I don't spend much time not in OD but most I remember seeing was 1500 on main target. This is VD of course
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-11-17 14:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Is intense VD possible without mew'ing or pup'ing it? If you keep it silenced and don't have those specific jobs/buffs, does it do anything dangerous?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-17 14:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Is intense VD possible without mew'ing or pup'ing it? If you keep it silenced and don't have those specific jobs/buffs, does it do anything dangerous?
Summons a bunch of adds with relatively high HP and additional effect:Debuffs. Still doable though, just slower and more work.

Guessing it's not actually randomly hating on a list of jobs, but something related to MP. Every job I've seen listed as a problem has native MP.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-17 14:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The adds are difficult to sleep, too, as they have the Resist Sleep job trait. You will get many resists regardless of your MACC and JAs, and on higher difficulties they will wreck shop given a few seconds if uncontrolled.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-11-17 14:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Adds will pop which will probably *** you over. I do understand the appeal of seeking different strategies, but the mewing strat probably has the most wiggle room in terms of job flexibility anyway.

You only need Tank/SMN and COR/SMN (the /SMN can be taken by others, too, if you want), the rest of the jobs just need to be build in a way that you can generate high SC damage. THF isn't the only way to do this, it's just stupid easy because of Sneak Attack.
By pchan 2017-11-17 14:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I did it with mnkx2 whm brd smnx2 just fine ...
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-17 14:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »

Having 2 smn lets you do it with literally anything. 4 whm/nins would work
[+]
 Asura.Cair
VIP
By Asura.Cair 2017-11-17 14:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

@ MNK HATERS, LOOK AT THIS SUBTLE BLOW.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-17 14:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

the mnks can actually melee it because of penance/sb though, so it's probably pretty fast like that
By pchan 2017-11-17 15:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone noticed that it's now spamming Kaustra ? It's a run killer for me, not that it matters because honestly it's really weak gil/h comapred to .. voidwatch !
 Asura.Cair
VIP
By Asura.Cair 2017-11-17 15:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's always used Kaustra for me. WHM can just heal through it, though? Benediction is always possible, though if it's spamming it that wouldn't be ideal.
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-17 15:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone noticed that it's now spamming Kaustra ? It's a run killer for me, not that it matters because honestly it's really weak gil/h comapred to .. voidwatch !

Kaustra is quite problematic if it actually lands on you, the best you can do is kite it out of range if silence wore off.
It gives NM instant TP resulting in QH and a possible wipe.

If you can’t silence it, kite it.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
By Asura.Cair 2017-11-17 15:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose TP feed could be a problem. I've never seen it actually spam anything outside of Chainspell, though, which you can just range.

I've also never had it follow up Kaustra with a TP move, either. I assume the frog still has Occult Acumen, and 20% of its MP should logically be enough to instant cap.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-17 15:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It almost always follow up Kaustra with QH on VD, it gives NM 3K instantly, people reported this in previous pages.

Edit: not sure what difficulty you’re on, in our runs if the NM path got stupid and Kaustra landed it’s QH time :)
 Asura.Cair
VIP
By Asura.Cair 2017-11-17 15:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Only ever tried on VD. Granted, I've done only maybe 10 runs, but it's Kaustra'd nearly every time. Could be luck /shrug
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-17 15:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Or a meow landing simultaneously with Kaustra
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-11-17 15:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a VW campaign (shouldn't be by FFXI forums) or you are just killing without white? Doesn't seem to be as profitable as ambu in general so just curious
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-17 15:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »
Is there a VW campaign (shouldn't be by FFXI forums) or you are just killing without white? Doesn't seem to be as profitable as ambu in general so just curious
dont need campaign, competent 6man can hit red magic proc and then drop it with good ws in under 2 min anyway.. damage will cap lights

not convinced it's actually better gil/hr than amb though, pchan just loves to write off anything he can't do easily
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-17 16:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

With campaign up and moderate displacer usage, you can solo Pil in less than a minute (counting time spent trading and waiting for the rift to load). I don't feel like calculating how it compares to Ambuscade with VD spam, but with Ambu mat prices having taken a nosedive over the past year+ (and Tuille having gone up), I wouldn't be surprised if it was better.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7