First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-13 02:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
It is clearly you who didn't read what I said if anything. Not once did I even say "SMN BURN EVERYTHING" but I said this month benefits SMN. Do you even deny that or just want to swing your little edick and argue over the internet?
I am entitled to an opinion, and in my opinion this is the shittest month I have played (AUG SEP OCT and now NOV). Spammning Mew with /SMN is a *** cheap strategy.

This can be said to last month V1 too:

NIN Everything and Everyone /NIN spamming Utsusemi so not to get En-Death between 80%-30%.

Is it boring? Yes

That argument of yours only stems from your disdain to SMN, I have yet to see anyone on my server calling to AC/AF V1 or any other content for that matter.

And yes you are entitled to your opinion, and so does everyone else against it.

Also: restting 1HR every fight when spamming V1 is extremely redundant.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-13 02:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

On Asura you don't need to reset SPs! Just get a new KI and queue up, by the time it's your turn your SPs will be back again!
It's so cool being on Asura!

(of course I'm being sarcastic, it's not actually THAT bad lol)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-11-13 02:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It is clearly you who didn't read what I said if anything. Not once did I even say "SMN BURN EVERYTHING" but I said this month benefits SMN. Do you even deny that or just want to swing your little edick and argue over the internet?
I am entitled to an opinion, and in my opinion this is the shittest month I have played (AUG SEP OCT and now NOV). Spammning Mew with /SMN is a *** cheap strategy.

So the only good BP that doesnt get nerfed as /smn is bad too? i think people should be grateful, one of the most broken tools in the game and you can use it /smn too (with longer recast of course).
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-13 03:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
Spicy only has DRG this month so he forces me to do this

YouTube Video Placeholder

So commenting now with basic common sense is deletable by moderators?

I dont understand what was wrong with my post about this video showing how horrible the strat is?

You can see clearly there is an extreme biased behavior.

I demand an explanation.

You can't silence opposing opinions just because you feel like it.

Also others commented along the same lines and didn't get deleted.

geigei said: »
Also about drg dnc combo above, sc stardiver>rudra takes huge chunk of hp, won VD like that except using thf.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-11-13 03:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Read. Your. Private. Messages.

Commenting that someone's strategy is bad is fine, doing so and taking personal digs at people for irrelevant reasons in multiple threads is not.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-13 03:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay can I write this?

What I learned from that video is nothing but the lack of understanding of gameplay and skillchain coordination since you can literally use the same setup and clear it under 2-3 min.

Use this:

Drake>Stardiver>Cam>Rudra>Clim Rudra
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-13 06:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

at least involves some skill timing of casting and things. More than Mewing I would say.

They operate exactly 100% the same (both need proper timing)
Spend more time reading and less time whining to see that it does require the same "Cheese" as Shadows and Im not the only one who told you this.

Off Topic: I don't ever recall talking/debating/quoting with/from you so /shrug.
Not that it matters anyway..
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2017-11-13 07:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

DirextX just mad he didnt bring COR/SMNs on day1.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-11-13 07:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Okay can I write this?

What I learned from that video is nothing but the lack of understanding of gameplay and skillchain coordination since you can literally use the same setup and clear it under 2-3 min.

Use this:

Stardiver>Cam>Rudra>Clim Rudra

As a DNC, that hurt to watch.
[+]
 Asura.Valguard
user: himself87
By Asura.Valguard 2017-11-13 07:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay can I write this?

Use this:

This would do Frag >>> Distortion >>> Nothing. Or am I missing something?

Edit: Could Go Stardiver >>> Cam >>> Rudra >> Stardiver >>> Rudra
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-13 07:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is completely doable without using mewing just annoying. You can't use BRD / COR / GEO buffs nor could you use PLD / RUN / BLU / DRK's, forcing you to use stuff like MNK / THF / NIN / WAR / SAM with weaker "old school" XP party buffs. He would still get Provenance off and you'd have to deal with adds but as the frog and the occasional death spam.

The frog has ~always~ been stupid cheesy with the developers giving him an "I Win" button. The first version was the same way and we got around that by using subduction gravity and kiting / WSing him to death. Can't do that on the second version so we're using Mewing instead. The fight last month was equally cheesy and we used blinks to get around en-death. Anytime a fight involved a boss with an "I Win" button they can push, the entire strategy will revolve around taking that button away from them regardless. This is why it's bad game design to give boss's "I Win" buttons.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-13 08:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Valguard said: »
Okay can I write this?

Use this:

Drake> Stardiver > cam = Gravitation > Rudra = darkness > Clim Rudra darkness/umbra depending on main weapon
 Asura.Valguard
user: himself87
By Asura.Valguard 2017-11-13 08:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Stardiver to CAM is most definitely Frag. Drakesbane >>> Stardiver is Grav
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-13 08:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Right forgot to add drake at start
Drake>Stardiver>Rudra>Clim Rudra
Will edit it above thanks
Iโ€™m used to Drake>Stardiver>Cam>Drake>Cam> on DRG Rad/double light and forgot it lol
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-13 08:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Valguard said: »
Okay can I write this?

Use this:

Stardiver > cam = Gravitation > Rudra = darkness > Clim Rudra darkness/umbra depending on main weapon

SD is Gravitation / Dark (Aeonic) property, Cam is Fragmentation / Light property, Rudra's is Distortion / Dark.

The WS's you linked would not form a SC that way.

Instead

SD -> Cam = Fragmentation -> Rudras = Distortion -> SD = Darkness -> Rudras = Double Dark (Umbra if Aeonic).

When you go down from Fragmentation to Distortion you need a Gravitation WS to link and form the initial Darkness in order to upgrade to Double Dark with another Darkness property.

Doesn't change anything, Drakes is Fusion. You need to remove the Fragmentation stage entirely by removing Cam and sticking to the bottom.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-13 08:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Leviathan.Katriina said: ยป

Doesn't change anything, Drakes is Fusion. You need to remove the Fragmentation stage entirely by removing Cam and sticking to the bottom.

Yeah I fixed it here : Drake > SD > Rudra > Clim Rudra
lol its even the same on Page 2 :P

We tried with DRG DNC after that and used Angon + capped Box
And did (Drake>Stardiver>SA Rudra>Clim Rudra) and it dropped to 28%
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-11-13 08:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragoons so angry.
[+]
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-11-13 10:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried killing the adds? Would it just call them again on the next TP move?
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-11-13 10:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So as someone who has not actually beaten WoTG (Like the only expansion I've not done), is /Smn a must for melee DD/Geo/Run [My jobs]?.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-13 10:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
So as someone who has not actually beaten WoTG (Like the only expansion I've not done), is /Smn a must for melee DD/Geo/Run [My jobs]?.

It helps immensely in flights like these where you need to gimmick the *** out of the boss to avoid them pushing "I Win".

Outside of Mewing SMN doesn't offer a whole lot to this fight, we tried having them open the SC with Burning and various other things people on here did. Our SMN happened to also be an Idris GEO and while we were thinking on ways to make it faster we came up with the idea that Mewing doesn't need to be from SMN main. So he changed to GEO/SMN and I changed to /SMN on RDM, the effects were extremely noticeable.

Also helps you on Enrys fights and even Sandworm.
By pchan 2017-11-13 11:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Has anyone tried killing the adds? Would it just call them again on the next TP move?

They take forever to kill especially when you go in with a buff less strategy, your best bet it to kill them last or, better, make a strat that avoids them completely, hence the idea behind mewing lullaby. They are mostly harmless but have decent hp and will take about as much time to kill as the boss (...)
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-11-13 11:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It helps immensely in flights like these where you need to gimmick the *** out of the boss to avoid them pushing "I Win".

Outside of Mewing SMN doesn't offer a whole lot to this fight, we tried having them open the SC with Burning and various other things people on here did. Our SMN happened to also be an Idris GEO and while we were thinking on ways to make it faster we came up with the idea that Mewing doesn't need to be from SMN main. So he changed to GEO/SMN and I changed to /SMN on RDM, the effects were extremely noticeable.

I see.... I wonder if I can be the ONE>DD without /smn. xD
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-13 12:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I see.... I wonder if I can be the ONE>DD without /smn. xD

Well the fight only really needs one main SMN or two /SMN, and the frog doesn't do any status ailments or other nonsense. The mages really don't do anything but the occasional cure so it's perfect for /SMN. Our THF's and COR both are doing SC's so /SAM is helpful for them.
By kishr 2017-11-13 12:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

the adds have high hp, tried yesterday in a last ditch effort to fight one, 3ws's and it was at 40% hp.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-11-13 13:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Or really just how much dmg were those ws to get a gauge on how much hp they have.

If trying to kill them should be noted they do have a decent amount of mdb but less than the boss no mdt and are extremely weak to light and dark.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-14 07:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok probably its more feasible to use the following, we had no complications with this setup:

//[RDM/SMN] [COR/SMN] [DNC/THF] PLD SAM GEO//

I confirm that its the fastest setup so far and as I mentioned before Tachi:Ageha or DRG/Angon are very vital.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Random Deal speeds up the fight FYI after first Cycle so Save it.

Lowest Clear Time was 3:40
[+]
 Asura.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2017-11-14 09:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Smn setup with rdm silencing the mob doesn't need pup/rune/any tank

Conduit voltstrike x3 mewingx1

Never TPs, never casts, can't even kill Ramuh

1hr reset takes all of 30sec in lower jeuno with MMM anyways.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-14 10:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

1 cor 2 pups 3.5 minute wins from the other side of zone. Eat all spells and moves like a boss
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7