Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-12-31 12:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quote:
But with a new year comes new initiatives to undertake, so let's take a little glimpse into the future.

At the top of the list for 2019 are job adjustments. As our work with adjustments to damage formulae and equipment starts to die down, we're going to ramp up with various job adjustments to take their place. Our major direction for job changes is simple—rather than going for mere balance adjustments, we want to bring you some changes that make you stop and think, "hey, this is fun!" As promised to you previously, we're going to be bringing something to each and every job. But just as Rome wasn't built in a day, these changes aren't going to be all included in one patch. We intend to introduce changes in the long-term, over the span of 2019, and as always will graciously accept and listen to any feedback you have to offer.

We're also starting work on bringing you some fresh new battle content. Although we still have some hurdles to clear, this is the same development team that worked tirelessly to bring you Omen and Dynamis – Divergence, and I have the utmost faith that they will be successful again—and I will be working my hardest to support them every step of the way.

Finally, we're working closely with graphic designers who are well-versed in the look and feel of Vana'diel to bring you new equipment models for all your FFXI fashion needs. Keep your eyes peeled!

This year more than ever, the development and operations teams will work in concert to bring you, the many adventurers of Vana'diel, content that we hope will keep you smiling and proud to part of this grand adventure with us.

More job fun. I really thought they were about to say they are working with graphics designers to update the graphics. More lock style gear

I think this update a lot more clear than last year's tease of double the fun. I assume the next battle content is Empyrean/Abyssea. Glad to see they are still planning on adding more new gear and not just more palette swaps.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-31 14:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fresh Battle content, as long as it's not Infailsion 2.0, im good. Bring back Temenos/Apollyon 2.0 and I'll be good.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-12-31 14:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Xarcabard Divergence when?
By volkom 2018-12-31 14:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to see a 119+ nyzul isle or salvage ~ heck even einherjar
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-31 14:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Neo Vagary...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-31 15:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
I would like to see a 119+ nyzul isle or salvage ~ heck even einherjar

NONE of these events are desirable. You picked the 3 worst events from the lamest expansion.

To each their own, I guess. Lamp floors and stuff were kind of ***. Salvage was fun at first. I'll admit that much. Now it's a task. Would have to become more 18man floor hunting to bring that nostalgia back. I don't miss kneeling for Odin in Einherjar...
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-31 15:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to see a true upgraded Limbus. Not that crap they did awhile back but an actual upgraded event with floor climbing and everything. That event kicked *** because it made you bring variety, have a semi-balanced team and think using strategy. There is plenty of gear they could "iLevel" the heck out of for rewards, plenty of mixed fights they could add new twists to.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-31 15:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The update they did to Limbus was very lazy and never gained much interest. The gear wasn't even that good anyways (besides...enif body?)

There was a lot of variety, but there was also progression via chips, which unlocked different zones/bosses. I thought that was a cool little strategy at the time, and every floor had gimmicks and traps you had to look out for. I would love a Limbus reboot for 6-18 man content.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Zerowone 2018-12-31 15:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Xarcabard Divergence when?

If it’s more Diveregence; probably CoP Dynamis and Tavnazia-Divergence.

Would be easier and consistent design flow where each zone corresponds to a gear slot and the body for doing all 4.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-12-31 15:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
I want to see a true upgraded Limbus. Not that crap they did awhile back but an actual upgraded event with floor climbing and everything. That event kicked *** because it made you bring variety, have a semi-balanced team and think using strategy. There is plenty of gear they could "iLevel" the heck out of for rewards, plenty of mixed fights they could add new twists to.

Me too, but using Promyvion music, so soothing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-31 15:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
and as always will graciously accept and listen to any feedback you have to offer.
By Zerowone 2018-12-31 15:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you know maybe Provenance.
By Pantafernando 2018-12-31 15:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-12-31 16:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Matsui Here!
YOU SHITBIRDS WILL GET NEO GARRISON AND LOVE IT!
[+]
By Zyla 2018-12-31 16:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
and as always will graciously accept and listen to any feedback you have to offer.
Aight SE, here's my feedback. GIVE ME MORE WARDROBES!!!! I need space damnit ><

Also, inb4 dreamlands Dynamis-D unlocks empy +2/3 gear.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-12-31 17:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
and as always will graciously accept and listen to any feedback IN JAPANESE you have to offer.
By Justuas 2018-12-31 17:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
and as always will graciously accept and listen to any feedback IN JAPANESE you have to offer.
Why haven't you learned jp yet
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-12-31 18:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Matsui Here!
YOU SHITBIRDS WILL GET NEO GARRISON AND LOVE IT!
Just what I always wanted! I'm constantly shouting for Garrison but not one person took me up on it.

:(
[+]
By volkom 2018-12-31 20:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

neo eco warrior
By FaeQueenCory 2019-01-01 08:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone knows it's Adoulin branch CL150 (or w/e) VW for Empyrean +2/3, right?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-01-01 08:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Abyssea where monk is king again and you can 2box everything would be more appealing than more dynamis.

What actually made abyssea good, is how it rewarded players of various levels of advancement to work together.

An advanced player might be farming Briareus for making an Empyrean Weapon. A new player might be getting clear for quest/mission, and another player might be aiming for the atma, upgrade items for empyrean armor, or maybe even the gear drops.

there were various, parallel goals for Abyssea. That kind of synergy was really cool and fun. It very much encouraged ppl to team up with whomever was in the zone doing the same thing.. usually.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-01 08:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Something that I miss (and hate) was being in an open world, interacting and seeing other players.

FFXI these days feels more like WoW a few expansions ago where everything was instanced and even in the open world you had "instances" (fading it was called?) where people couldn't see other players in the same spot of the open world because of different advancement of quests etc that changed how the world looked to you client-side.

Being in the open in an open area with no lag, very few packetloss (god I swear I didn't even have the knowledge a thing like a packet loss could occurr back then) and seeing other players, interacting with them, even if everybody was doing their own thing at their own pace, it was really good. Loved it.

What was annoying was the "having to compete" against other players, and of course the same few guys being complete douches.
Abyssea fixed part of this later through the course of its life by adding more ??? and stuff like that, but it was still a pain to compete against NMs that were popping on their own etc.

Other than these negative aspects, I kind of miss that sort of open world action/interaction. Having instances is good, but playing EXCLUSIVELY in instances gets boring after a while, especially when they tend to be so incredibly laggy, killing the fun part of it.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-01-01 09:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'm calling "no lag, no packet loss" on rose-tinted glasses. Every server on FFXI back in the day had several times the number of players does Asura does today, and there were plenty of areas where players congregated enough to stress the system (Dynamis, Sky NMs, Lower Jeuno, King camps, Wyrms, and even the more crowded exp camps. Plus, most of us had much worse computers at the time.
By Numquam 2019-01-01 09:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

we need more lockstyle options. I think weapons are good where they are at along with armor.

Post deleted by User.
By Justuas 2019-01-01 10:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
I think I'm calling "no lag, no packet loss" on rose-tinted glasses. Every server on FFXI back in the day had several times the number of players does Asura does today, and there were plenty of areas where players congregated enough to stress the system (Dynamis, Sky NMs, Lower Jeuno, King camps, Wyrms, and even the more crowded exp camps. Plus, most of us had much worse computers at the time.
Those wardrobe 3 and 4 tho
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-01 13:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »

The packet loss issues are only present in instanced areas. They were clearly not around back in the day, and it's pretty obvious that they are tied to a poor software design element rather than the server's capability.

Lag is an entirely different issue, and I'm sure most people experienced more lag back in the day(but probably weren't comparing to games as smooth as today's hit titles).
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 409 410 411