Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 424 425 426
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-10-29 15:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to level up some jobs in anticipation of CP! Also going to tell literally everyone to get on that Domain Invasion campaign for beads. WKR campaign will be good pocket money for some also. A good set of campaigns for a change.
[+]
By Afania 2018-10-29 23:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Without campaigns, you hardly see shouts.

There's no incentive to farm card with a pt anymore anyways. Swarts are 170k each and people can enter -> cleave -> go up -> cleave and get 5 swarts in 10 min of work or less. I imagine people would prefer to solo card for gil instead of pt.
[+]
 Phoenix.Skyfire
Server: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2018-10-31 03:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So someone called it. Ambuscade Weapons...
By Ruaumoko 2018-10-31 04:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Skyfire said: »
So someone called it. Ambuscade Weapons...
YouTube Video Placeholder

So much for Swart Deritus in Ambuscade...
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
Server: Asura
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2018-10-31 04:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Biglovin said: »
I feel like they'll be weapons with "Latent effect while in Legion: accuracy +50" or something along the lines for groups that don't have rema acc or such to save points to get weapons designed to help specifically for that event. But who knows reaöly.

Looks like I called that ***.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-10-31 05:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Is there any information about them yet? Hope they are utility things like a Refresh+2 club, for example, and not another pointless set of weapons for people who can get Aeonics.

Akihiko_Matsui on OF said:
So what’s the story behind these Ambuscade arms? With the overall character advancement path taking shape, we’ve been aware that there’s a rather significant hurdle to acquiring weapons with certain parameters, and it’s made some hesitant to take the plunge. We believe these Ambuscade arms will serve to give these players the boost they need. We hope that you’ll enjoy using Ambuscade as a stepping stone to bigger and grander adventures in Vana’diel.
I only expect entry-level weapons.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-10-31 06:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

There's no incentive to farm card with a pt anymore anyways. Swarts are 170k each and people can enter -> cleave -> go up -> cleave and get 5 swarts in 10 min of work or less. I imagine people would prefer to solo card for gil instead of pt.

Definitely another SE oversight. Group content that incentivize solo play.

They could have easily tied a swart to each card obtained and made it keep its group orientation.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-31 08:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cylas said: »
I feel like they'll be weapons with "Latent effect while in Legion: accuracy +50" or something along the lines for groups that don't have rema acc or such to save points to get weapons designed to help specifically for that event. But who knows reaöly.

Looks like I called that ***.

I wouldn't be surprised, since adding ACC is all what their brain capacities are capable of when designing new weapon material. Oh hi reforged REMAS.

Seriously this. If these weapons are actually good, then maybe I;ll consider an offhand for ninja or something. But I expect acc+50/racc+50/macc+50/attack+50 stat plaster on some of the DD weapons, and similar suit for mage ones.

Do people seriously have trouble with Ambuscade so much that their weapon is the issue? I would argue that the mechanics overall are more of a hurdle than the gear requirement. Sure you need accuracy and all, but I've teamed up with people who had normal JSE weapons or Superior level stuff that's non-rema, and they contributed just fine.

Kudos if it actually helps people doing Normals to advance to Difficult and VD, but they've given out amazing gear from ambuscade, I don't know how much weapons will improve that though. Unless it's something insane/better than augmented JSE.
By volkom 2018-10-31 09:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

be funny if the stats won't work in offhand
By Afania 2018-10-31 10:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Do people seriously have trouble with Ambuscade so much that their weapon is the issue?

1080 is enough for everything that's not wave 3 because VD only need 1450 which is doable with brd, and aeonic NM fight is short enough to get full time SV song.

Wave 3 would need 1250 or so, but you don't need rema to accomplish that. If my sapara +1 cor can reach that, then other none rema job can too.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2018-10-31 10:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Interested in the unexplained note about a "buff system". This is maybe a bit much to hope for but it would be super-***-cool if we could spend ambuscade points on, say, two hour undispellable buffs that gave you like +20% attack or accuracy. That would go much further to getting people into endgame than some rinky-dink weapons for people who probably wouldn't be breaking 1150 accuracy even if they had RMEAs.
By Afania 2018-10-31 10:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Interested in the unexplained note about a "buff system". This is maybe a bit much to hope for but it would be super-***-cool if we could spend ambuscade points on, say, two hour undispellable buffs that gave you like +20% attack or accuracy. That would go much further to getting people into endgame than some rinky-dink weapons for people who probably wouldn't be breaking 1150 accuracy even if they had RMEAs.

If people can't get into endgame, it's probably not because of accuracy, lol. The most common scenario is that they are using a bad setup and don't have connection with brd to build a better setup, or they are using 1 acc 1 attack song instead of 2 acc songs.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-10-31 10:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The idea of Ambuscade weapons, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. They already have the JSE weapons, which already have large acc/macc/pet acc/whatever bonuses, and there are weapons from other lower- to mid-tier content like Delve, Sinister Reign, UNMs, HTBF, and Escha to get you to REMAs and higher endgame. There are crafted 119 weapons, too.

There's not some gap in weapon progression that needs to be desperately filled.

They should instead address the difficulty with support, particularly with bard and geomancer. BRD having such a high investment to get into endgame, and GEO having an IRL time-gate of over 6 months to their ultimate weapon... putting these kinds of hurdles in front of essential support jobs is pretty lousy.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-31 11:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

In the notes, they lumped "Add new weapons and buff system" together. And then there's this line:

Quote:
With the overall character advancement path taking shape, we’ve been aware that there’s a rather significant hurdle to acquiring weapons with certain parameters, and it’s made some hesitant to take the plunge. We believe these Ambuscade arms will serve to give these players the boost they need.

I can't tell if they are talking about augmentable reis weapons, or just dynamis/rema++ requirements. It sounds like these weapons may give a "Prowess" effect when using them in Ambuscade or something to power them up, and augmentable to make them good enough to use for higher content where people can skip Oseem or something?
By Afania 2018-10-31 11:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

In the notes, they lumped "Add new weapons and buff system" together. And then there's this line:

Quote:
With the overall character advancement path taking shape, we’ve been aware that there’s a rather significant hurdle to acquiring weapons with certain parameters, and it’s made some hesitant to take the plunge. We believe these Ambuscade arms will serve to give these players the boost they need.

I can't tell if they are talking about augmentable reis weapons, or just dynamis/rema++ requirements. It sounds like these weapons may give a "Prowess" effect when using them in Ambuscade or something to power them up, and augmentable to make them good enough to use for higher content where people can skip Oseem or something?

Ok I see what they mean now, maybe it's some kind of buffed weapon that can replace brd so we all can do VD with tank DD DD DD GEO whm.
By Autocast 2018-10-31 11:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

more than likely just going to be reive weapon 2.0, only for ambuscade.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2018-10-31 11:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If people can't get into endgame, it's probably not because of accuracy, lol. The most common scenario is that they are using a bad setup and don't have connection with brd to build a better setup, or they are using 1 acc 1 attack song instead of 2 acc songs.

So it's not because of accuracy, it's because they don't have a bard that would...compensate for not having enough accuracy...?
[+]
By Afania 2018-10-31 11:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So it's not because of accuracy, it's because they don't have a bard that would...compensate for not having enough accuracy...?

Brd isn't "compensate", it's straight up HUGE dps boost in VD.

Try to make a pt with tank, Rema DD with 1450(is that even possible on most jobs?) acc swaps x3, geo, healer, they will not kill faster than DD x2 with 1080 acc set + 1 brd.

This is because having acc buffs allow DD to tp and ws in full power set, and use stp food. Many of the really good dm augments such as wsd+10% or qa +3 comes with very little acc, swapping these out is dps decrease.

Basically what I'm saying is, a good pt wouldn't rely on DD using acc swaps, but rely on brd. Essentially made acc swap pretty pointless in game with the exception of wave 3.

If this new buff is intend to replace brd, they would need 300 acc boost to compensate dps lose from acc swap or removing brd imo.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-10-31 13:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

A reason to resub this month and a double synthesis campaign?

I see some crap about bst adjustments?
By Nariont 2018-10-31 14:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Its November, this always happens, bst change is just to the pet enmity jp more than likely, not much of a change
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2018-10-31 15:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried out cleaving on BLU today - got five swarts per run, each run taking about 20 minutes or so. I'm sure I could be faster with practice / still missing BLU relic legs +3 for cleaving set.

I usually farm on THF, tagging everything with TH8 and averaging about 11 swarts per run. Granted, this takes me almost the full 50 minutes to clear everything. So 5 swarts in 20 minutes, or 11 swarts in 50 minutes, ends up not being a huge difference for swarts/time invested.

Edit: next two runs of BLU/thf with TH3 tagging everything yielded 7 and 8 swart each, I've only cleaved a couple of runs now so maybe the average swart yield as BLU/thf is closer to 7-8 rather than the 5 swart I previously mentioned.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-10-31 15:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »

Tried out cleaving on BLU today - got five swarts per run, each run taking about 20 minutes or so. I'm sure I could be faster with practice / still missing BLU relic legs +3 for cleaving set.

I usually farm on THF, tagging everything with TH8 and averaging about 11 swarts per run. Granted, this takes me almost the full 50 minutes to clear everything. So 5 swarts in 20 minutes, or 11 swarts in 50 minutes, ends up not being a huge difference for swarts/time invested.

big difference with canteen lock out
[+]
By Boshi 2018-10-31 17:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Is there any information about them yet? Hope they are utility things like a Refresh+2 club, for example, and not another pointless set of weapons for people who can get Aeonics.

Reisenjima augs,

Colada can get +2 with fern, I'd be shocked if Gada couldn't
By Pantafernando 2018-11-01 11:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Just took like 3 months before first aman trove campaign.

Silly thing a lot of lv1 mule will have 30 vouchers but will need to be burned tp be able to use them.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-01 12:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Creative and smart money-grab. More Pay-To-Win mechanics at work, can skip content altogether. But still a good way for people who have farmed bodies/hands for years with nothing to show for it to get some closure.

I have one mule I'll be collecting silvers on, will be fun leveling it to 99 someday. Maybe I'll go back and have fun he "old way".

Still waiting on that SR campaign.
By Pantafernando 2018-11-01 12:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Transfer campaign.

Time to go to assura to do some HQ shopping.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-01 12:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure you wait til the "price adjusting" tapers off, which usually takes a few days
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-11-01 12:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »

Edit: next two runs of BLU/thf with TH3 tagging everything yielded 7 and 8 swart each, I've only cleaved a couple of runs now so maybe the average swart yield as BLU/thf is closer to 7-8 rather than the 5 swart I previously mentioned.

Ive gotten thf farming down to 30mins. Hybrid tp set with twash/tp bonus dagger

If im stupid lazy i do it blm/thf and manawall each floor in 15mins to 20mins

Might actually dm to make a th set for blm
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 424 425 426