Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 447 448 449
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-09-03 22:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah if they only 'fix' besieged for silver vouchers and don't use it as a test for how to slap ilvl on old content to recycle it, I will be genuinely disappointed. Also still subbed
By Minaras84 2024-09-03 22:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't understand why we should do Besieged anyway.
Aside for aman trove and the weekly one i don't see any more use.

Same thing for Campaign, I'd love for them to do the same treatment Besieged is undergoing but still...why?
There is nothing "appealing".
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-09-03 23:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't. It's a waste of your time to bother.

If you do more than afk in the zone for the silver you're doing it wrong. (even doing that isn't worth your time to walk there and warp out when you wake up)
By Minaras84 2024-09-03 23:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

But you can't AFK!
They want you to hit you something for a couple of times lol.
By Seun 2024-09-03 23:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Minaras84 said: »
But you can't AFK!

That is the actual fix for Besieged.

inb4 Neo Besieged is {Impossible to gauge}, lasts 4 hours and causes players who participate to hemorrhage MLs. Please look forward to it™
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-09-04 07:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure you can't use the runic teleporter if there is no astral candescence in al zhabi. So it's on the silver vouchers for assaults/mythics maintenance.
By Drayco 2024-09-04 07:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
Minaras84 said: »
But you can't AFK!

That is the actual fix for Besieged.

inb4 Neo Besieged is {Impossible to gauge}, lasts 4 hours and causes players who participate to hemorrhage MLs. Please look forward to it™
This reminds me of Mireu all over again. Low pop servers are going to constantly lose AC. They'll release it, then nerf it a few months later.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-09-04 07:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Candy will absolutely be lost often

I'd say don't do it at all. 100% loss rate to show them it was a waste of time and effort, but you won't. So I won't.

Maybe they'll pretend to be intelligent and do Besieged Points just like DI so you'll have a reason to go. I wouldn't count on it. But maybe.
By Drayco 2024-09-04 08:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I like that idea, new besidged points like DI. I'll do it because I enjoy besiged already.
By Drayco 2024-09-04 08:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

browser lag double post
By waffle 2024-09-04 08:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

iirc, they said that they're raising besieged to 99 first, then ilvel later or something like that.

Drayco said: »
This reminds me of Mireu all over again. Low pop servers are going to constantly lose AC. They'll release it, then nerf it a few months later.
They should adjust Mireu so that if the server fails to kill one, it just bumps you down 1 reward tier instead of all the way back to the beginning.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-04 10:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This reminds me of Mireu all over again. Low pop servers are going to constantly lose AC.
Didnt Asura have the biggest problems keeping a Mireu killstreak going?
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-09-04 10:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
This reminds me of Mireu all over again. Low pop servers are going to constantly lose AC.

Only when a small group of people were cockblocking it by triggering spike flail intentionally.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-09-04 11:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

When it pops early afternoon or during the gap between NA prime and JP prime during a weekday on a small server, there aren't even enough people available to actually kill it. It's definitely disproportionately worse on small servers, and no amount of server unity or whatever is going to resolve that.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-04 11:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Mireus greatest problem is his last 1%.

Iirc he starts spammimng message saying "it refuses to give in", and dont die.

Maybe with less people it becomes easier to whatever proc to make it give up?
By Dodik 2024-09-04 11:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Never even seen that message. Last 10% suck because of dispel-ga.
By SimonSes 2024-09-04 11:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
When it pops early afternoon or during the gap between NA prime and JP prime during a weekday on a small server, there aren't even enough people available to actually kill it. It's definitely disproportionately worse on small servers, and no amount of server unity or whatever is going to resolve that.

I guess they could scale it's power based on people currently online? EDIT: Asura with bots would be doomed though :D
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-09-04 11:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Or at least how many actually show up in the gathering messages
By Tokimemofan 2024-09-04 11:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
That was mostly because of a handful of trolls most of whom no longer even play, SE fixed that by adding a warp/terror effect to the triggering player. Asura hasn’t had a single loss since then though there have been several extremely close calls in the late night NA hours where the fight lasted 55+ minutes. Our consecutive count is currently 74901. I check my abandoned mule on Quetzalcoatl during free login campaigns and I would say they almost never kill Mireu enough to get a full bonus. The lack of a meaningful personal reward leads to a lot of bystander apathy here

Quetzalcoatl also fairly regularly has its shadowreign cities under attack.
I think the planned besieged changes do indeed run a serious risk of breaking it for smaller servers while for larger ones being a nuisance for low participation content. At least until some bored player manages to figure out how to grief the content and SE nerfs it to avoid pissing off players that are trying to build mythics.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-09-04 12:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing they need to do to make Besieged rework a success is give a bunch of job or exemplar points for a successful completion. Even if it was 100k EP, that's still not going to fast track anyone through the 25m total it takes to hit 50.
By Drayco 2024-09-04 13:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Tokimemofan said: »
Quetzalcoatl also fairly regularly has its shadowreign cities under attack.

The first time I ever saw this I was so immersed into monsters storming a city. I wish it would happen more often because it is absolutely epic.
By Meeble 2024-09-04 14:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Only thing they need to do to make Besieged rework a success is give a bunch of job or exemplar points for a successful completion. Even if it was 100k EP, that's still not going to fast track anyone through the 25m total it takes to hit 50.

If they want it to be a success it either needs hot new rewards, or it needs to have a known start time and relatively consistent duration.

If the fighting always started at 0001 on the day after the advancing messages began and it spawned waves of enemies until at least 0400, that alone would be a massive improvement over the current system. Players know when to show up and can guess when they've probably missed it. (Edit: no way this happens, lol)

Sitting around Al Zhabi in limbo for thirty minutes while the beastmen put on their makeup backstage is the part that sucks. If they don't fix that, then it's a big L no matter what else they do.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-09-04 14:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble said: »
If they want it to be a success it either needs hot new rewards

There's an entire line of rewards they could bump up to 119 and add a new currency that is Besieged-exclusive, to attract participation. Model it after Domain Points and daily caps (this is their model, don't be upset with me for pointing it out), so people can't buy all if the items in a few days. Would pull in triple duty (silver vouchers, new gear, and content participation). Easy win right there.

Meeble said: »
Sitting around Al Zhabi in limbo for thirty minutes while the beastmen put on their makeup backstage is the part that sucks.

One of my biggest complaints about Besieged is that you have to wait until they come into the city. I would be all for players meeting the beastmen out in the field at strategic spots and then fighting them there, like a Dynamis-styled event. I know you can already do that now, but the event itself is based around defending the city under attack, but no effort is really made to stop that attack beforehand, lol (I think killing those mirrors weakens their forces slightly, so there's that, but nobody does it)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-04 14:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont the Lamia take like 50 minutes to slither their way over from the initial warning?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-09-04 14:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, and then they INSTANTLY warp out when defeated. So they have to walk to Al Zahbi, but suddenly when they are beat, they learn transport magic xD
By Meeble 2024-09-04 15:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
There's an entire line of rewards they could bump up to 119 and add a new currency that is Besieged-exclusive, to attract participation. Model it after Domain Points and daily caps (this is their model, don't be upset with me for pointing it out), so people can't buy all if the items in a few days. Would pull in triple duty (silver vouchers, new gear, and content participation). Easy win right there.

That would be great, but it seems unreasonably high effort for the Fujito era.

I'm expecting either ilvl mobs and no other changes, or at best a single item locked behind multiple layers of RNG(think Peach Power body).
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-09-04 15:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
One of my biggest complaints about Besieged is that you have to wait until they come into the city. I would be all for players meeting the beastmen out in the field at strategic spots and then fighting them there, like a Dynamis-styled event. I know you can already do that now, but the event itself is based around defending the city under attack, but no effort is really made to stop that attack beforehand, lol (I think killing those mirrors weakens their forces slightly, so there's that, but nobody does it)

Once I was building some Enmity sets and needed a Trance Belt, none on AH for a while and it drops from two trolls that spawn only when they're advancing for Besieged (Garfurlar the Rabid or Garharlor the Unruly). So I farmed one up myself by intercepting the Trolls. I think that's the only time I messed with the mobs on their way to Besieged!

They probably could have further developed the idea of invading the beastmen strongholds to free NPC prisoners and destroy Archaic Mirrors.

But yeah they could totally put some newer drops on the mobs. Trance Belt +1 would be a good one, actually!
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-09-04 16:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate this discussion and already see that they are going to give us nothing and people will be angry
By Seun 2024-09-04 19:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Once I was building some Enmity sets and needed a Trance Belt, none on AH for a while and it drops from two trolls that spawn only when they're advancing for Besieged (Garfurlar the Rabid or Garharlor the Unruly). So I farmed one up myself by intercepting the Trolls. I think that's the only time I messed with the mobs on their way to Besieged!

Those 3 trolls aren't actually part of the mobs going to Al Zahbi, they just patrol the area behind the gate when the other trolls are advancing.
By Doublito 2024-09-05 02:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What happened to Sortie NPC?
First Page 2 3 ... 447 448 449