New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 441 442 443 ... 447 448 449
By Seun 2024-08-13 08:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Making the one-time RoE give a random earring was just useless.

Even if they changed it to reset monthly, it's still a random earring. Only a few of them are actually worth their rarity.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-13 08:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Presuming the earring distribution per job is the same, which I know its not but I want to keep this simple, if your average char regularly plays five different jobs on a regular basis, theres a 22.7% chance the one-time RoE will give them a +2 earring that is useful to them.
By LightningHelix 2024-08-13 09:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Presuming the earring distribution per job is the same, which I know its not but I want to keep this simple, if your average char regularly plays five different jobs on a regular basis, theres a 22.7% chance the one-time RoE will give them a +2 earring that is useful to them.
and if they don't play DRK it's as high as 23%!

(this is a joke but that distribution graph makes me laugh every time)
 Asura.Wotasu
Server: Asura
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2024-08-13 10:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

LightningHelix said: »

I'll just repost this for anyone hoping for a good +2 randomizer.

As soon as you give up on ever getting what you want the easier it is to do Sortie..
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-08-13 12:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Taint said: »
I'm just here waiting to get my hopes crushed when they don't reset the Sortie ROEs.

Highly unlikely that it resets, but I agree that they should. Drop rate of +1s are so low for non-Aminon runs and you're already banking on 5% chance of it being a +2 earring, never mind the 1/22 chance that it's the job that you want it on, and then even MORE RNG that it's at least good augment spread. A monthly reset ROE similar to the Vagary ones would be reasonable, and actually would just add to the monthly things people would strive to keep up with, so it wouldn't hurt in any case. But I don't think it's going to happen based on what they said and how they operate.

They gotta save something big for November ~.0

RoEs did not reset. If you want to complain officially like the first post. link

This needs at least 1000 more Likes on the official forum. Even then, SE probably won't notice.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-08-13 12:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter how many people say they want it, SE isn't going to give it to you until SE decides that it's in their best interest to do so.
[+]
By Seun 2024-08-13 13:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

How long was it before Vagary added the monthly RoE objectives?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-13 13:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Vagary offered money items.
Sortie offers highly sought out and very rare +2 earrings.

Not the same.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-08-13 13:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What you don't value the gil price of stones and earrings as a solid incentive to your Sortie progress?
By Seun 2024-08-13 13:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Vagary had one-time RoEs. At some point later they added monthly RoEs. Sortie has one-time RoEs. At some point...

Odyssey was out for 4 years before they added a campaign? I'm thinking we're still a few years away from full pinata.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-13 14:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

A campaign that 97% of people deemed “a fart in the wind”.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-13 14:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
Campaigns are intended for casual players. People who don't or can't play daily or even consistently maintain subscription. A little added incentive for players who might be reluctant to return because they're behind.

Crumbs are only appealing when you're starving, Nynja. This one's only for the broke ***.

This is you, is it not?
Whatever SE adds for Sortie will be “for casual players”

The RoEs added to Sortie werent for casuals. “Kill aminon” isnt for casuals lol
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-13 14:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sortie campaign will be “ we increased muffins from trash mobs (spicyryan triggered at this term) by 5%, aurum coffers are guaranteed an old case”
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-08-13 14:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nynjadamus leaking predicting our rewards from Vanabout #3
[+]
By Seun 2024-08-13 14:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

A one-time RoE isn't a campaign. If/when you do see a campaign related to Sortie, Aminon won't be the focus. I'd put my money on SE making it easier to gear up, which hardcore players don't need any help with.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-08-13 14:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sortie campaign will be “ we increased muffins from trash mobs (spicyryan triggered at this term) by 5%, aurum coffers are guaranteed an old case”

That's too generous. They'll give you an Old Case -1 (can't give you a +1) for entering once per day.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-13 14:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

A one-time RoE isn't a campaign. If/when you do see a campaign related to Sortie, Aminon won't be the focus. I'd put my money on SE making it easier to gear up, which hardcore players don't need any help with.
Whos the one who brought up Odyssey campaign whwn the topic was RoEs?

You
You opened the door, dont get pissed off and try to slam the door shut because you didnt like what you let in.
By Seun 2024-08-13 15:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Whos the one who brought up Odyssey campaign whwn the topic was RoEs?

I initially asked how long it was before the monthly RoEs were added to Vagary. I only mentioned Ody campaign because it didn't get monthly RoEs.

It's fine if you don't look at previous content to gauge possible adjustments. Nobody is mad at you.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-08-13 16:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's fine if you don't look at previous content to gauge possible adjustments.

Sometimes this is the case, but lately (last ~5 years), they've just done whatever they want without any regard to how it was handled in the past.

Examples: omen had a canteen build-up system where you could do 4 back-to-back if you stored one. Odyssey was once/day but could store a tag and do one twice every couple of day. Sortie departed from the previous with Ruspix's plate with totally convoluted nonsense that doesn't logically follow the previous events KI system. Sometimes you can go twice back to back, but it also interrupts your main KI entry in a weird way.

Dynamis-D followed prior contentprecedent.

Mog amplifiers from Gaol mimic abdhaljs seals from Abuscade, but the power up mechanic for amplifiers is unlike anything they've done before.

Gallantry Campaign is unique and unlike anything they've done before, but it's similar to amplifier triple points in a way

So they might use something they've done in the past to influence something in the future, or they could just go way out into left field with something nobody saw coming. Or do nothing at all. It's really anyone's guess.
[+]
By Seun 2024-08-13 17:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It's fine if you don't look at previous content to gauge possible adjustments.

Sometimes this is the case, but lately (last ~5 years), they've just done whatever they want without any regard to how it was handled in the past.

I'm not talking about adjustments being equal across various types of content. I'm talking about the time that passes before the adjustments are implemented. Several years seems to be the baseline.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-13 18:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on edits of Wiki RoE page:
Vagary, the content, was added March 2015
The one-time Vagary RoE was added Feb 2017, and supposedly only had the base 3 bosses. I suspect this is incomplete information added by someone who never did the content, because March 8 2017, the other 2 bosses were added in.
August 2018 the two weekly RoE's were added in.

So two years to add a one-time RoE for live content when the game wasnt even in maintenance mode, 3 1/2 years to add the weekly RoE.

Gaol was added Jan 2021 (Sheol A added Mar 2020, I could use that date and make these numbers look worse), and it took 3 1/2 years to add a relatively weak campaign to bolster its rewards. Of those perks, there were literally maybe 3 people here who even knew about the Vortex giving direct JP from UNM kills.

The Sortie RoE was added as an embarrassing attempt to quell all the bitching about how shitty the earring system was.
 Phoenix.Gavroches
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-08-17 07:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »
LightningHelix said: »

I'll just repost this for anyone hoping for a good +2 randomizer.

As soon as you give up on ever getting what you want the easier it is to do Sortie..

Yeah, I do think the randomizer is broken, when I got the +2 BLM earring, 3 drop at the same time, last night and the one before that 3 DNC +2 earrings drop. So I’m trying to say is my experience is they show up in batches, and in same job
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-08-17 08:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG feels arbitrary. Assisted random feels well spread out. It's working. We just hate it.

I have 3 +2 DRK earrings. I don't play DRK. It's leveled, Mastered, and geared, because I have 3 DRK earrings. With 22 jobs, it is very unlikely that you have 3 earrings of your favorite job and significantly more likely that you have multiple for jobs you don't play regularly. You probably have a couple jobs that have multiple and many jobs that have none until you've done enough aminon to start smoothing that out.

What they clearly didn't do was put any bias on your rolls and so it feels like they don't care about our play experience...because they don't...and we're used to people putting in effort for things we are actively paying for.
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-08-17 09:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
I have 3 +2 DRK earrings. I don't play DRK. It's leveled, Mastered, and geared, because I have 3 DRK earrings. With 22 jobs, it is very unlikely that you have 3 earrings of your favorite job and significantly more likely that you have multiple for jobs you don't play regularly. You probably have a couple jobs that have multiple and many jobs that have none until you've done enough aminon to start smoothing that out.

Part of me suspects this is by design. They give you an item rare enough and (in some cases) good enough to justify gearing a job you haven't played before, then spend your time focused on gearing that job. With Odyssey and Sortie, it's not exactly the slog it once was to do so, so they give you a nudge in that direction with a rare, randomly rolled item. They've also been emphasizing content that requires multiple jobs so it wouldn't surprise me if the low drop rate and crappy prng are by design to encourage players to gear jobs they otherwise might not.

The job system is one of the best parts of the game and is one of the easiest ways to keep players engaged for longer, so it's not far off even if I think it's stupid.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-08-17 10:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean sure but guys...this is how FFXI has been since day 1.

In OG Dynamis the armor was randomly dropped and not based on the job you're on

In Limbus the AF upgrade item drops are random and not based on the job you're on

In Abyssea the empy boot drops were random and not based on the job you're on

In Dreamland Dynamis, the -1 drops are random and not based on the job you're on

I mean, they had an opportunity to do something different with the cases, but they have never done that and have no history of making things targeted or selectable, when it comes to drops/pouches. Pouches give random alex, HMP, CP capes, synthesis mats. Gobbie box is random, AMAN trove is random, Abjuration drops are random. How many people get 10 of the abjuration they don't want from an GF NM before getting the one they want?

It's also definitely observer bias. Everyone talking about the times 2-4 of the same earring+2 dropped, but not noticing the dozens of times that they got 2-4 different earring+2s in a night/week/month.

They didn't have a master plan to try to drive engagement by making people level new jobs, they just made a system whereby the earrings were totally random and unlikely because that's how they've always done pouches and gear drops. Sure, there are some exceptions but they're definitely the exception and not the rule, as far as FFXI goes.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-08-17 10:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I held off on posting to not sound like I'm bragging. But I've gotten two +2 earrings within the past two weeks, one was a max rolled SCH, the other was a minimal RDM. Coincidentally, I was on SCH when I got that earring and RDM when I got RDM. I thought it was particularly odd that I got two earrings for jobs I actually play (SCH is just an RP/Sortie job, I actually play play RDM), but they are made jobs. The other +2 I have was from over 1.5 years ago for BRD (Another mage I only play for coverage and not taking seriously). With all of the DD jobs I have, I thought it was interesting that the least played jobs got the earrings. Probably just total RNG but it seemed too coincidental to be just chance, especially after reading other's comments.
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-08-17 11:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
They didn't have a master plan to try to drive engagement by making people level new jobs, they just made a system whereby the earrings were totally random and unlikely because that's how they've always done pouches and gear drops. Sure, there are some exceptions but they're definitely the exception and not the rule, as far as FFXI goes.

It's not just the randomness but the rarity. The other examples you mentioned were semi-rare but also parts of sets, someone would be more likely to go out and intentionally collect those parts to gear a job and likely be able to do so even if it took a while. The drop rate was also considerably higher.

In this case you have an item that is a rare drop to begin with that has a rare chance to give you an item with a rarer chance to have good stats and be on a job you want. You can't really target farm the earrings in the same way you could some of the others and there's no opportunity to participate in the content with the explicit intention of trying to get one. You just kinda get lucky if you get a decent one and hope you do alongside the other content you are doing.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-08-17 12:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not making any claims that the rarities are the same, but that you can't target farm RDM JSE without getting mountains of PLD, WHM, and DRK JSE. It's not its anyways been. How do you target farm RDM-1 boots?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-17 12:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone talking about the times 2-4 of the same earring+2 dropped, but not noticing the dozens of times that they got 2-4 different earring+2s in a night/week/month.
And how often has this happened in the last two years?

inb4 someone quotes:
But I've gotten two +2 earrings within the past two weeks

But omits this part:
The other +2 I have was from over 1.5 years ago for BRD

I'm not making any claims that the rarities are the same, but that you can't target farm RDM JSE without getting mountains of PLD, WHM, and DRK JSE. It's not its anyways been. How do you target farm RDM-1 boots?
Apples and Oranges
A group will get dozen's of various -1, and since it goes to loot pool, members of the group can lot on the pieces they want and pass on the pieces they dont. Its not personal loot that goes right to the player.
[+]
By Seun 2024-08-17 12:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 someone quotes:
But I've gotten two +2 earrings within the past two weeks

But omits this part:
The other +2 I have was from over 1.5 years ago for BRD

Is he grinding the entire 18 months or is he taking breaks?
First Page 2 3 ... 441 442 443 ... 447 448 449