New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 440 441 442 ... 447 448 449
By Seun 2024-07-05 19:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Only if you're doing more total chests and bosses than him. Otherwise he's getting screwed, because he's 100% getting screwed with those numbers.

No, they're absolutely getting screwed. No debating that. I guess it's just the comparison of their terrible luck and my amazing luck.

I just snapped to the muffin total because it's so much higher than mine. Seems like something is off when you have as many or more earrings than people who have 4 and 5 times as many muffins as I do.
By Draylo 2024-07-05 22:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh we are gonna get the AA taru hat, fun
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-06 01:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant wait to run around with my army of cosplay Ark Angels (sans Galka because *** Galka, I dont even make mule Galkas).

And people say SE aint giving us nothing.
[+]
By Seun 2024-07-06 03:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on the +2 and +3 upgrades I've made, the weapon for TVR and what I have on hand... I've made just over 3.8M muffins. 4 usable earrings, 1 dud and 2 dupes, no max or min rolls. Tossed 6 stacks of sapphires a few weeks ago.

Are you doing more than 17 drops to validate the idea that, you're doing a different strategy? Or are you just poorly rationalizing that your good luck and his ***luck has something to do with controllable effort?

People weren't running 8/9 bosses out of the gate. Maybe you know them better than I do or you run with them, but I'm not sure how I would have deduced their run strategy. How do you know?

Anyway, people spent a good deal of time farming 4/5/6 boss runs. Solo really wasn't that far away from middle of the pack groups.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-07-06 05:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's my run. I've been doing it all year. I have done 7m+ galli. If someone has more than twice what I have, then they have been doing better runs and/or more consistently.

They have done 4x what you have. They have 1 +2 earring. Let that sink in.

Stop rationalizing, stop being the self-center of the universe and empathize for a second with them and say something nice like, I hope you get some more +2s soon/wow that is terrible.

Also congrats on your luck, not getting any minimum rolled +2s is not normal at all. I legitimately wish minimum rolls never happen to anyone because they are so widespread.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-06 07:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Luck is obviously a component, but style of run matters too. You could have done well over 15m by now if you did a daily 50k run without Aminon.

I don't know that anyone has a high-quality dataset to say exactly the rate of cases+1 from various sources, but my impression was that they were well under 10% from downstairs bosses and even lower everywhere else. A group doing 9/9 runs probably gets 3x as many old cases +1 per gallimaufry earned as a group doing 8 boss and never touching Aminon.

If you're specifically comparing to a soloer or small group getting coffers, they also might get 3-4x more earring probability per gallimaufry earned than an 8 boss group[but it will take them MANY more runs to get that amount of galli].

This isn't to negate the fact that there is statistically going to be an extreme level of variance in a system like this (chance of old case +1, chance of ear box +2, chance of perfect augment). Multiple very low rate steps means there will absolutely be people getting far more or fewer rewards than the average.

The only real takeaway is that Aminon is far and away the best way to get earring chances. If you're a group doing 8 boss every day and you are absolutely not able to manage 9/9, you should really look into doing a more rotation-style run like:
Aminon + 4-6 boss -> 8boss -> Aminon + 4-6 boss -> 8boss -> etc.

This would still be more galli than what you're doing now, and it'd give a huge increase to your earring chances.

Or, if you're good with flexibility you could do:
Aminon + 4boss -> 4boss + aminon -> 8boss -> Aminon + 4boss -> etc.
This would be even better because you'd get Aminon 2/3 or 3/4 runs or whatever depending how many bosses you can fit in with him.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-06 09:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Once we had practiced killing non-Aminon bosses with our Aminon jobs, we've swapped to doing Aminon as often as possible in our runs, mixed in with as many basement bosses as we can squeeze in before/after her.

These days it's a little funky because the composition of players going isn't the same every night, so we can't get into an exact rhythm, but I figure out a custom path each night to attempt to maximize our results depending who we have and which fragments they have.

It's definitely a great idea, for muffins and for cases, to maximize your Aminons.
[+]
By K123 2024-07-06 12:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they delete hard mode for the 4 basement bosses or just make them obsolete currently?

A +2 case for each of them and hard mode animon once per month (up o 5 total) wouldn't be unreasonable.

Or even better a definite one for both easy and hard mode animon for 6 total.
By Seun 2024-07-06 12:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be great if the new +2 cases forced max augments. At least, I'd want that to be the explanation for the RoE being single completion quests. Maybe.

Stop rationalizing, stop being the self-center of the universe and empathize for a second with them and say something nice like, I hope you get some more +2s soon/wow that is terrible.

I'm empathetic toward anyone who cares about getting a +2 earring. Everyone except him. His lucky *** gets the one earring I wanted on the first try. Meanwhile, I have 7 shitty earrings. *** him.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-07-07 07:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you are trash
[+]
 Asura.Illuminate
Server: Asura
By Asura.Illuminate 2024-07-07 07:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone think they'll have a one-time only objective for the top and/or basement bosses - and Aminon? Maybe hard-mode objective gives you a piece of mesosiderite? Yea?
By jubes 2024-07-07 07:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

no
[+]
 Bahamut.Senaki
Server: Bahamut
user: Senaki
By Bahamut.Senaki 2024-07-07 17:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

When sortie was new-ish, I had a Whm +2 earning drop. Thought ‘I don’t play Whm, and I’m sure another will drop eventually.’ So I dropped it. Haven’t seen another +2 since. :c
[+]
By Seun 2024-07-08 04:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you are trash

[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-08-06 03:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

August update is a game changer!
By Taint 2024-08-06 08:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just here waiting to get my hopes crushed when they don't reset the Sortie ROEs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-08-06 10:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well they made it pretty clear it would have been one time objs so if anything I'll be very surprised if they do.
Not that I would mind, but I certainly do not expect it!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-12 08:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been over a year and they haven't hired anyone yet. (reposted the listing on playonline)

"Community Planner"
https://hrmos-co.translate.goog/pages/square-enix/jobs/810100003?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp
By Pantafernando 2024-08-12 09:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This is quite low barrier to apply.

For general IT or CS jobs they demand several hard skills.

Probably must be a very low salary job.

They should give you only the sub for free then done.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-08-12 09:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

brb applying.

Is Planner a main or subjob? like would I go BRD/PLN or PLN/DNC?
[+]
By Meeble 2024-08-12 14:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
*Depending on our company regulations, working hours may differ from the above.

So it's a contract community support position, with zero job security, no chance for promotion, and possible karoshi? (SE & Yoshi-P's division aren't known for excessive overtime, but expectations for haken workers may be different)

Somebody better snap that dream job up quick.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-08-12 17:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
For general IT or CS jobs they demand several hard skills.

Depends on the experience and technical level of position, plus we have serious title inflation in the western world due to HR departments fighting hiring managers over compensation. HM's end up having to stick a ton of fluff into the headcount requisition to justify a title to then justify a certain salary band. It's where we get the meme's about requiring five years experience in something that's two years old. One to four years is "junior", five to eight is "middle" and over eight is "senior" in most HR departments, though some want to use ten as the cut off.

It's crappy but that's what we get for putting non-IT people in charge of approving IT position requisitions.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-08-12 19:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The hardest part of every interview I've done was getting past HR reading off their checklist of questions. Trying to answer questions asked by someone that doesn't understand the subject matter in a way that translates to whatever they think they understand is always tedious.

I always appreciated the companies who sent out practical assignments. "Here's something that'll take you an hour or two and you don't have to deal with that HR ***", it filters out people who are too lazy and at least gets your foot in the door without having to deal with HR.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-08-12 20:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
I'm just here waiting to get my hopes crushed when they don't reset the Sortie ROEs.

Highly unlikely that it resets, but I agree that they should. Drop rate of +1s are so low for non-Aminon runs and you're already banking on 5% chance of it being a +2 earring, never mind the 1/22 chance that it's the job that you want it on, and then even MORE RNG that it's at least good augment spread. A monthly reset ROE similar to the Vagary ones would be reasonable, and actually would just add to the monthly things people would strive to keep up with, so it wouldn't hurt in any case. But I don't think it's going to happen based on what they said and how they operate.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-13 00:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It is weird to not see funk start the update thread, nothing of any consequence to post, but still

Looks like they're finally removing the vanabout menu to go back to normal.

Weirdly, yes, but no. They left it there... but you can't move to it. How *** awkward.
[+]
By Seun 2024-08-13 00:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Seemed weird to have a monthly thread when there are no monthly updates.

Then again, we're posting in a thread dedicated to tracking devs... started about a decade after they all left for XIV.
By zixxer 2024-08-13 01:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Game is up.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-08-13 07:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Taint said: »

Highly unlikely that it resets, but I agree that they should. Drop rate of +1s are so low for non-Aminon runs and you're already banking on 5% chance of it being a +2 earring, never mind the 1/22 chance that it's the job that you want it on, and then even MORE RNG that it's at least good augment spread. A monthly reset ROE similar to the Vagary ones would be reasonable, and actually would just add to the monthly things people would strive to keep up with, so it wouldn't hurt in any case. But I don't think it's going to happen based on what they said and how they operate.

They gotta save something big for November ~.0

RoEs did not reset. If you want to complain officially like the first post. link
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-13 07:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The one time earring RoE should have atleast been coded to give an earring for the job youre on.

Making the one-time RoE give a random earring was just useless.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-08-13 07:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You're still of the mindset that everyone has any +2 earrings regardless of effort. RNGesus has not put out for some people who have stage 4s

It did something, but we'd all have done it differently.
First Page 2 3 ... 440 441 442 ... 447 448 449