2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 432 433 434 ... 436 437 438
By Shichishito 2024-05-11 20:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it a pesimistic estimation or a official statement that the Ilvl patch will do nothing but prolong current besieged without any other changes or new rewards?

I don't think anyone wants besieged to last longer, people want it to happen more predictably and maybe more frequently so they don't have to wait a eternity till it starts or lose out on a voucher just because RNGesus didn't align with their play hours.

I'd rather have my time wasted without having to pay much attention like it currently is and do something else on the side than beeing forced to pay attention while my time is wasted.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-11 20:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The googlefu said it's specifically because players were unable to join it to get vouchers.

Doesn't mean it's certain, but tracks.

I would just not do besieged tbh. Or campaign, *** those vouchers.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-05-11 21:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they mention if they are replacing existing Besieged or adding another type that is higher level?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-11 21:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to be replace

It does kind of say they might get progressively stronger. Inference to googlefu though.
VIP
By Lili 2024-05-12 02:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Someone has to be the anchor to objective reality

ChEaTeR!!!111!!1!1!1!eleven
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-12 04:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They more or less just said it's happening with no other real details. Jumping the gun a bit to say that the higher level version won't offer some other incentive to actually do it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-12 04:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

And subsequent whining about being too weak/scared to go, but no mention of any reason to go. At best you might get a 1k exemplar and/or increased EXP/IS bonus cap at the end. It's not going to suddenly have drops or new things to buy with said imperial standing or there'd be teasers.

Presumably, yes of course.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-12 05:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Even just converting the 15k limit points to EP would make it worth the 10-20mins it takes to finish Besieged (pre-ilvl nonsense). Whack a few mobs and alt tab then collect the relatively free EP. Not expecting anything else.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-12 05:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose that's fair enough, but they're going to keep the reward garbage or else the zone will be too full to enter. Try to fix one problem and create another. Don't know how many people would flood the zone for 10k, 15k, 25k etc hard to say

I know, there literally aren't enough warm bodies on (your server) to max the zone, you're handcuffed by asura.
I know, it's not fair and if they did this and did that.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-12 06:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just waiting for Mireu to show up, or like Tinnin/Sarameya/Tyger for the premium rewards.

If Asura is the problem, then I guess SE will have to make some extra money for all those server transfers when it becomes clear that people who have nothing better to do than collect this new reward would do it at a faster rate on a smaller server. womp womp

If it's just EP then no transfer money but I'll be happy they dusted off something.

If there are no rewards, then it's an Asura fix and I'll continue not caring about 1 silver voucher a month.

It's either a positive or Asura continue to let the rest of us down with their problems/business as usual.
By waffle 2024-05-12 08:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

A person on reddit took the time to translate and write out most of the relevant information from the freshly picked.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/1cpdhji/future_ffxi_development_goals_freshly_picked_68/

and

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/1cpcr4f/vanabout_round_2_details_freshly_picked_68/
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-12 08:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Records of Eminence for Sortie:

Records of Eminence objectives will be added for Sortie. There will also be an unrepeatable (one time) Objective added that will reward an Old Case.

You hope that's wrong cause that's really dumb. And that it should be a +1 case, so maybe their translation isn't great.
By ilugmat 2024-05-12 08:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Matsui isn't even paid to work on this game anymore, I bet he still works on the game in his free time. Voice actress is a huge fan of the game and tries to promote the game too for free.

Square are an awful company, not only are they taking advantage of the fans but the staff too.
[+]
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2024-05-12 08:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Records of Eminence objectives will be added for Sortie. There will also be an unrepeatable (one time) Objective added that will reward an Old Case.

You hope that's wrong cause that's really dumb. And that it should be a +1 case, so maybe their translation isn't great.

It's definitely just an NQ case. What game do you think we're talking about here?
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-12 08:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

NQ case for entering bottom floor or clearing any boss, probably. Starstones/Sapphires as a weekly. It makes no sense to design RoE that matter to the people clearing 8-9 bosses every run. It's going to be to help newer players.
By Dodik 2024-05-12 08:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even expecting 50% of those to actually happen.

This looks like a lot of wishful thinking "maybe we could do this if enough time and budget" etc etc.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-12 08:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

One time random job earring doesnt really help anyone, not even noobs
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-12 08:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

One time random job earring doesnt really help anyone

It's in line with their other RoE, though. One time lustreless scale case for poking odyssey flux. Free scale for clearing omen boss once. RoE aren't meant to be the primary reward of the content, they're meant to be an extra bonus.

Stones/Sapphires fits well, groups that struggle to clear bosses getting a guaranteed one once a week would help. Groups that already clear everything are tossing them.

Could also go the controversial route and make copies of Vagary ROE, since Vagary is pointless besides gil now and the mob types are the same. Would add a (small) weekly gil bonus for doing Sortie, though it'd crash those mats pretty hard.
By Sakinah79 2024-05-12 09:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

From the goals reddit link:

Quote:
During the most recent Freshly Picked Vana'diel, future development goals were discussed and various upcoming features/new content was announced for the first time. Yoji Fujito (FFXI Director/Producer) clarified that these have no specific timeline/release date as of yet but are currently being worked on. He also noted that there is a possibility that some of these may be cancelled in the future, but they are hopeful.

Making Beseiged Level 99 Content:

This content is currently made for LV75, and work is being done to adjust this first to LV99. They can't skip straight to LV119, but hope that players will participate in order to help rescue important NPCs. The goal is to make Beseiged more challenging (like it used to be), but also manageable, which is why it will be balanced for LV99 as opposed to LV119. The strength of the Serpent Generals will also be increased.

Ark Angel Equipment:

Ark Angel equipment will be added to the game separate from certain cosmetic versions already in the game. The gear will be compatible with all races. For example, Elvaan AK gear will not be Elvaan exclusive. This content has no risk of being cancelled and will 100% be happening, so look forward to it.

Sending Items on the Same Account:

A new icon will be added to items indicating whether or not they can be sent to other characters on the same account. Until now, items that could be sent this way was managed and updated in a list on the Official Forum. Their aim with this change is to make it easier to understand which items can be sent as well as reduce workload.

Dynamis - Divergence Changes:

Adjustments will be made to Dynamis Divergence entry system and entry time to make it easier for players to participate in the content, and allow them to enter the content consecutively (back to back). It should work something like the Ra'Kaznarian plate in Sortie.

Gamepad Config Improvements:

New options will be added to the Gamepad Config, including being able to set buttons to open the Map, use the Jump emote (you can't actually jump, of course), as well as target the nearest NPC. Being able to configure a button to target the nearest NPC was a suggestion they received on the Official Forum, and found that it was useful so that you don't have to use macros or spam F8 on your keyboard to find your target, etc.

Server Replacement:

The team is moving forward with replacing and upgrading their server infrastructure. It may be possible with the new infrastructure to greatly reduce/eliminate maintenance times, but they can't guarantee anything. The current servers are barely kicking and once replaced will be good for at least another five years.

Changing Your Character's Race:

The team is looking into adding the ability to change your character's race. Your gender, race, and size (S/M/L) will be able to be changed. They don't want users to be casually/frequently changing their character's race, so they are considering making it a paid service, but it might end up being free (this is undecided). Some worries mentioned were the fact that if race is changed, race specific gear will be unable to be equipped, and that your parameters will also change. The topic of LGBTQ and gender identity outside of Japan helped them to consider adding this functionality, as well as players coming to feel over time that their character's race doesn't suit their identity, etc.

In Closing:

Finally, Yoji Fujito asked for users' patience as they are low on staff and can only do so much so quickly. They want to continue delivering new content updates to keep the world of Vana'diel fresh, but it might take longer than we expect.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-05-12 11:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sakinah79 said: »
From the goals reddit link:

Quote:
During the most recent Freshly Picked Vana'diel, future development goals were discussed and various upcoming features/new content was announced for the first time. Yoji Fujito (FFXI Director/Producer) clarified that these have no specific timeline/release date as of yet but are currently being worked on. He also noted that there is a possibility that some of these may be cancelled in the future, but they are hopeful.

Making Beseiged Level 99 Content:

This content is currently made for LV75, and work is being done to adjust this first to LV99. They can't skip straight to LV119, but hope that players will participate in order to help rescue important NPCs. The goal is to make Beseiged more challenging (like it used to be), but also manageable, which is why it will be balanced for LV99 as opposed to LV119. The strength of the Serpent Generals will also be increased.

Ark Angel Equipment:

Ark Angel equipment will be added to the game separate from certain cosmetic versions already in the game. The gear will be compatible with all races. For example, Elvaan AK gear will not be Elvaan exclusive. This content has no risk of being cancelled and will 100% be happening, so look forward to it.

Sending Items on the Same Account:

A new icon will be added to items indicating whether or not they can be sent to other characters on the same account. Until now, items that could be sent this way was managed and updated in a list on the Official Forum. Their aim with this change is to make it easier to understand which items can be sent as well as reduce workload.

Dynamis - Divergence Changes:

Adjustments will be made to Dynamis Divergence entry system and entry time to make it easier for players to participate in the content, and allow them to enter the content consecutively (back to back). It should work something like the Ra'Kaznarian plate in Sortie.

Gamepad Config Improvements:

New options will be added to the Gamepad Config, including being able to set buttons to open the Map, use the Jump emote (you can't actually jump, of course), as well as target the nearest NPC. Being able to configure a button to target the nearest NPC was a suggestion they received on the Official Forum, and found that it was useful so that you don't have to use macros or spam F8 on your keyboard to find your target, etc.

Server Replacement:

The team is moving forward with replacing and upgrading their server infrastructure. It may be possible with the new infrastructure to greatly reduce/eliminate maintenance times, but they can't guarantee anything. The current servers are barely kicking and once replaced will be good for at least another five years.

Changing Your Character's Race:

The team is looking into adding the ability to change your character's race. Your gender, race, and size (S/M/L) will be able to be changed. They don't want users to be casually/frequently changing their character's race, so they are considering making it a paid service, but it might end up being free (this is undecided). Some worries mentioned were the fact that if race is changed, race specific gear will be unable to be equipped, and that your parameters will also change. The topic of LGBTQ and gender identity outside of Japan helped them to consider adding this functionality, as well as players coming to feel over time that their character's race doesn't suit their identity, etc.

In Closing:

Finally, Yoji Fujito asked for users' patience as they are low on staff and can only do so much so quickly. They want to continue delivering new content updates to keep the world of Vana'diel fresh, but it might take longer than we expect.

Are they seriously worried about some outdated RSE?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-12 11:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

They're worried about the spaghetti code crashing the servers by the wrong race and gender rse being on your account
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2024-05-12 11:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That won't matter I don't think. I have every single set of rse stored with the storage slip NPC for completions sake when chasing mastery rank. Bought all off AH. Changing race would just make the actual quest give a different reward probably, so no big if it's already completed, and even if half completed the race flag should still just give the correct reward
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-12 11:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

"Should be fine" but isn't is exactly why we call it spaghetti code.
By Nariont 2024-05-12 12:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just gonna wait to see if all the dnc JSE gets broken somehow
By Pantafernando 2024-05-12 12:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not sure whats the point of an 99/ilv besieged.

Out of so many contents to revamp, why this one.

Admitelly im from an age post ToAU, so Besieged was always more a bother than a content to me.

I think it would be easier to simply distribute lv cap to players that partake in Besieged instead increasing the mobs lv.

Unless they intend to add new gear to neo-Besieged, kinda weird updating it just because
 Phoenix.Enochroot
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2024-05-12 14:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'd prefer a higher level Campaign to Besieged. I have fond memories of times when the cities would get overrun and would like to see that again.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-05-12 14:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Besieged has always been an awesome idea with an awful implementation.
Pretty much everything was awful alas but above all the unbelievably high lag/latency.

So yeah, as much as I'm happy they're releasing new "content", why Besieged of all the possible options?
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-05-12 15:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Enochroot said: »
I think I'd prefer a higher level Campaign to Besieged. I have fond memories of times when the cities would get overrun and would like to see that again.
I agree, EXCEPT... for clocking in with an npc before you fight.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-12 15:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully Besieged is their beta test for Campaign. We need to fulfill our quota of new reasons to kill shadowlord or else the winds will stop blowing. I'm going to site my source as rhapsodies.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-05-12 15:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Im not sure whats the point of an 99/ilv besieged.

Likely cause JPs complained that they didnt have enough time to get in there and get their silver paper, same reason they made a KI to alert you when beseiged was happening at all.

Doubt campaign will get touched since that's "fine" as is in regards to getting RoEs done
First Page 2 3 ... 432 433 434 ... 436 437 438