First Page 2 3 ... 415 416 417 ... 447 448 449
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-04-05 15:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
If they're gonna alliance anything, they should open their current endgame content to alliance.

I really think Alliance Sortie would be fun. Everyone is just flee hacking the purple halls, might as well open it up and let alliances do the objectives together.

Bonus if they let you get upstairs boss KIs without porting up or add blitzers near each upstairs boss.

I've really been thinking a lot lately about all the wasted real estate that is Sortie, and possible simple fixes or at least adjustments-

how great would a 2 KI system be where one is the current Plate, but then we get a new KI (name it whatever, I like Muckvix's Plate) that allows entry, but zero access to Boss Rooms. There's a *** of regular mobs in there that the non-botter crowd would embrace as a 1hour EP camp daily that also tosses you a marginal bit of extra muffins and some shots at Old Cases/+1.

No, it wouldn't be some massive break in game mechanics, or be better EP than taking a true party to a Locus camp...but it would come with that extra benefit of Muffins on the Side as well as capping the time investment. And it would take all that space we just Bolter's through and give it a reason to exist beyond annoyance.
[+]
By jubes 2024-04-05 16:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm sure there are groups that need tako to do 9 boss runs, but it is far from required. good coordination and time management is challenging even if the running itself is boring. take that away and you've removed a huge chunk of difficulty from the event. i'm not defending sortie as great ffxi content, but trivializing the event with tako isn't going to get you a prime any faster, you still are on rails for 6 months with psyches.

also it's by their own design that legitimate warps reset the 4006 timer, otherwise it would be impossible to maintain that speed for an hour without being disconnected, shame on you SE for not anticipating this.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2024-04-05 16:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sortie would have been way more fun as an Alliance content, than what it is right now. I feel like they could have used the gimmick of "the more people, the more it scales in difficulty". They could have made it something like Legion too, I don't know. I just know that current Sortie burnt me out and I have not played at all since January. :/
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-04-05 17:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The main reason I decided not to bother with primes was because of how boring sortie was let alone the blue balling they did with the 100k cap. Event equivalent of unseasoned chicken.

SE lost a lot of respect from me with this content and honestly, I don't trust their brand. Look at how fast rebirth felloff... I don't think they can create any new classics anymore.
[+]
 Asura.Hotworks
Server: Asura
user: arcajeth
By Asura.Hotworks 2024-04-05 17:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact you were already farming it for months with an artificial cap before Primes were even released lol. On top of armor and Primes both needing galli to upgrade was all done on purpose I believe.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-05 17:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Look at how fast rebirth felloff
Its an offline single player game though. People either plat it and move on to the next game or they give up trying to plat because theyre not good enough and move on to the next game. None of the trophies are gated behind any absurd grinds. Theyre gated behind "git gud" trials.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-04-05 17:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at how fast rebirth felloff
Its an offline single player game.

That no one is talking about
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-05 17:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Read my edit, I wasnt expecting such a quick response.

As I said before:
Modern day gamers have been infected by live service games to the extent that they dont understand the concept of a single player game reaching completion.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-04-05 17:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Read my edit, I wasnt expecting such a quick response.

Im laying down in bed smoking after a 4 hour drive reading threads since I've been busy the last 3 days lol - I agree Papi but it did feel really fast that it got out the video game news loop.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-05 17:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

it did feel really fast that it got out the video game news loop.
Did it fall out of the news loop or did all the Stellar Blade discourse take over the gaming chatter and everyones talking about Eve's...assets, for good and bad?
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-04-05 17:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Stellar Blade discourse
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-05 18:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Stellar Blade discourse

Haha dat *** yo...
By drakefs 2024-04-05 20:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

jubes said: »
i'm not defending sortie as great ffxi content, but trivializing the event with tako

I mean, COR is hard required for the event. Which is already bad design, as COR is already one the most common jobs in event groups.

I would also argue if that Tako trivializes Sortie, then you are implying that travel is what makes Sortie hard... That's just feels so bad.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-05 21:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Of the time spent in sortie, over 50% will be spent in your idle set running around. Yes, every event requires running around, but not to that extent.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-04-05 21:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone just flash the Maat shirt that says he's not forcing you and be done with the Sortie talk. You either want the rewards enough to do it or you don't. That people don't is as telling as it needs to be since it's the current end game.
By Ruaumoko 2024-04-06 05:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mhysa said: »
I just know that current Sortie burnt me out and I have not played at all since January. :/
This is partially what made me finally hang up XI.

The main reason I decided not to bother with primes was because of how boring sortie was let alone the blue balling they did with the 100k cap. Event equivalent of unseasoned chicken.
This was another part. That artifical cap imposed to prevent people getting a headstart was insulting.

I still like the community here and have a plethora of fond memories of my time in XI, it's why I periodically check in like I have now. Honestly though, these sentiments are what make the way SE treats their remaining passionate players sting
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-04-06 05:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
I still like the community here and have a plethora of fond memories of my time in XI, it's why I periodically check in like I have now. Honestly though, these sentiments are what make the way SE treats their remaining passionate players sting

This probably isn't the place to ask this but:

1) Are you having a hard time/withdrawals since you quit Ruau? I imagine you, of all people, had a hard decision to make.

2) Everyone else who quit, was it a hard decision?

(Vyre if this is derailing I'll make a thread <3)

So I won't!
By Pantafernando 2024-04-06 05:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no "quitting".

The is only "taking a break".
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-06 05:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
derailing

You derailed it more with that Stellar Blade video, you filthy frog.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-08 08:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Maint tomorrow, good thing they *** up on a month were they were dumb enough to miss-align update and login so they'll actually fix the slips
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-04-08 16:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

No way, they're adding the expansion. You know, the totally real one
[+]
By Felgarr 2024-04-08 18:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

SE lost a lot of respect from me with this content and honestly, I don't trust their brand. Look at how fast rebirth felloff... I don't think they can create any new classics anymore.

I've been out of the loop, how did Rebirth fall-off? Context?
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-04-08 18:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Are people just that mad that they reduced Tifa's boob size?...
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2024-04-08 18:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2024-04-08 19:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Maint tomorrow, good thing they *** up on a month were they were dumb enough to miss-align update and login so they'll actually fix the slips

I wouldn't be surprised if they fail to roll out a fix until next month's version update.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-08 19:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

I wouldn't be surprised if they fail to roll out a fix until next month's version update.

I mean.... I wouldn't be surprised either. But. Is that bar THAT low that they can't fix a dat file when a maint is already planned.

Double or nothing on breaking it more.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-08 20:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »

This is unforgivable...

As an apology, I present this

[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-04-09 01:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sortie would have been way more fun as an Alliance content, than what it is right now. I feel like they could have used the gimmick of "the more people, the more it scales in difficulty".
I don't even feel that would've been necessary, honestly.

First of all bringing more than 6 surely makes the early part of farming KIs to do the 4 upstairs bosses faster/easier.
After that the group would have to stick together because you need to be in the same boss room to receive the KI and you can only enter a single boss room at the same time.
So... no big difference here.

Basement bosses would get easier if the HP doesn't scale or it's a slow scaling.

So to sum things up:
In the best case scenario all this would do is making the best possible result (~80k Galli per run) accessible to more people.
It wouldn't change the amount of constant, daily dedication required to complete a Prime.
It would surely make it feel less "hardcore" and more relaxed. You could afford to miss runs with a lighter heart knowing that your friends would still be able to run without you, instead of that stressful feeling that your group depends on your presence to run.
Also for less hardcore players (who can't currently manage to get 80k/run or even 50k/run) it would mean a slight bump in prime completition speed.

I think overall it would be a good change for everyone except elitists:
Casuals => more points than they currently can get
Serious => slightly more points, less stress
Hardcore => more relaxing, less stress
SE => hardly a difference for their plans of keeping players engaged for X months, nothing changes for them (almost). If anything more people who are currently ignoring Sortie would start bothering with it.
Elitists => more people will get primes as fast as they can. It's the only category that wouldn't benefit from this change.

Is this gonna happen? Of course it won't.
And this time it sounds even more masochistic than ever, even for SE themselves.
[+]
By K123 2024-04-09 02:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Overall it would result in people taking 12 mules to make their primes.
[+]
By Seun 2024-04-09 06:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sortie would have been way more fun as an Alliance content, than what it is right now. I feel like they could have used the gimmick of "the more people, the more it scales in difficulty".

Except they've proven they don't understand how to implement that gimmick. Scaling content currently favors taking less people to make it easier. HELMs, omen objectives, ect.
First Page 2 3 ... 415 416 417 ... 447 448 449