Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 414 415 416 ... 447 448 449
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-03 11:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ilvl versions of lamia, troll mamool and all the other beiseged mobs already exist within odyssey. (and ambuscade)

It would literally be copy and paste. Stop being apologists for the ***capabilities of a multi billion dollar company.

Stop pretending it couldn't be done cause it's so complex or no budget or no staff and admit it's not done because they simply don't want to.
They can't be bothered to make the game better for you.

Those are all decisions they've made because you're not worth it no matter how much you stan. Sorry, not sorry.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-03 12:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fill me in on some of the details of your imaginary world, Eiryl. I'm really curious about the "they simply don't want to" and "you're not worth it" parts.

Do you believe that SE knows they can just copy/paste the monsters from Odyssey or ambu and take 30 seconds to create an ilvl version of besieged, but they choose not to spend 30 seconds to improve their game, because they don't think it's worth the $0.80 in developer time to do that?

Or do you believe that SE actually can't figure out how to copy/paste monsters from one zone and put them in another, because they're so unbelievably incompetent that they can't figure out how to re-use code?

Or do you believe that they have figured out how to copy/paste enemies from one zone to another, but are intentionally holding back on adding that content because they specifically hate FFXI players?

Wondering what level of evil/conspiracy/incompetence we're dealing with here. I truly cannot grasp the logic of whatever nonsense imaginary world you live in. In the world I live in, if a company could spend less than 1 hour of a developer's time to create hundreds of hours of content for thousands of players, the company would do that.

Are you one of the people who says SE is intentionally trying to kill FFXI to convert players to FFXIV? Is it because someone at SE has a personal vendetta against the game? I need the LORE!
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-04-03 12:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Putting the technical aside, lets say they do add ilvl Besieged.

They would need to come up with some kind of reward for it, otherwise no one is going to do it. That involves either linking it to currencies that already exist, which they won't do, or come up with some new items/currency you can get, which involves ensuring they don't break existing game balance and adding that stuff in.

There also needs to be a consequence for failure, no one cares about the Astral Candescence anymore, so they would need to conceptualize, develop, and add whatever that is.

Then how do you plan on putting this into the current Besieged system? Replace the OG Besieged entirely? How are you going to deal with lower, non-ilvl players being trapped and murdered repeatedly in it (something that happened a lot in the original version during cap)?

You also have to consider timing. This isn't 2008, there aren't 10s of thousands of players online at any given time to participate and many of those that are during peak hours are doing dailies they can't break away from to participate. Then there will be inevitable bitching because they designed a system that raids a town with in game consequences because it happened during off hours (see Mireu).

I'm sure there is more, but unless you just want to see the same mobs doing the same things with no real reward, it's not copy/paste even at an abstract level.
[+]
By warmech 2024-04-03 12:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Or do you believe that SE actually can't figure out how to copy/paste monsters from one zone and put them in another, because they're so unbelievably incompetent that they can't figure out how to re-use code, this
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-03 12:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »

The answer was already in the thread. Put exemplar bonus on the candy. (Put some stat boost on the candy to make exemplar camps more appealing)

Besieged has no rewards, iBeseiged needs no new rewards. Threat of candy loss is the same, can't use portals to get to the "now best" exemplar point camps. Disable ability to warp as captain/unity/hp/book/vw warps if candy lost.

iBesieged would be similiar enough to WoE a few dozen NQ and the bigger badder version loads up. It doesn't need to be lv150 balance is a non-issue.

Unfair/can't do missions/new players: Tough ***, don't lose.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-03 12:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What Iamaman said, but also make sure you balance it for Asura population and Quetzalcoatl population. I'm sure that's covered in your copy/paste.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-04-03 12:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Reusing assets is like, SE's greatest proficiency. Decent chance it's not the reason we got a page of in-jokes instead of a brand new event.
By Nariont 2024-04-03 13:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

And then provided they were able to do all this, the almost immediate response will be where is ilvl campaign
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-03 13:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They should be making v2 v3 iLV everything, so, yeah, duh?

That was the whole shtick forever. Redo it but harder now.
By Meeble 2024-04-03 13:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
And then provided they were able to do all this, the almost immediate response will be where is ilvl campaign

I don't care about ilvl Beseiged and I doubt they'll ever have the person-hours to do any more major new content...

But having them spend so much time on Sortie when we could have had ilvl Limbus or a few zones of iAbyssea breaks my heart.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-03 16:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look, Eiryl spouting *** without thinking of consequences, as usual.

You put a 5-15% EP bonus on the AC and all of a sudden the ONLY EP location becomes Bhaflau. Maybe Alzadaal too, but I dont think I've ever seen anyone on Apex Cog(s). Never seen anyone at Locus Imps either that werent trying to steal Impish Boxes.

King Ranpere Tomb? AFUERA!
Crawlers Nest [s]? AFUERA!
Bibiki Bay? AFUERA!
 Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2024-04-03 18:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
ilvl versions of lamia, troll mamool and all the other beiseged mobs already exist within odyssey. (and ambuscade)

It would literally be copy and paste. Stop being apologists for the ***capabilities of a multi billion dollar company.

I don't think it would make sense immediately to have ilvl besieged since there aren't ilvl trolls, mamool, lamia around archaic mirrors etc. in their respective zones that I know of. The lore is they are advancing from their outposts.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-03 18:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

iBesieged is probably the worst possible example of ilvling old content.

It's just *** stupid to see "can't do it" or "it can't be done" "it's too hard" "but the code!" "no budget" "manhours"

It's all apologist *** and it's pathetic.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-03 19:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Load times now don't have anything to do with textures, it's the damn server side bandwidth / packet limitation that makes it take forever to load into a zone. Packetflow has helped in this reguard.

Actually, you're probably right. What I'm thinking of is the lag between entering dynamis jeuno specifically and when the first couple mobs show up. Or if you pop a statue quickly and the mobs just blink into existence around you. Both are probably server side bandwidth limitations and nothing else.

Custom lighting and effects issues are generally resolved with dgvoodoo, but we could have longer draw distances unless they intentionally want the 'fog of war' as a feature.

Either way, I'm not playing this on anything cutting edge. There aren't any real benefits to having a better rig other than you can run your 6 characters at once, which I just don't do. Maybe they intentionally don't try to optimize certain things so that it's more cumbersome for multi-boxers. Now I'm down a conspiracy theory rabbit hole and need to stop. And the idea of a graphical rework is pure fiction for this game anyways.

The way I understand it, each client connection has a server queue side for it's data. As things happen or your client asks for stuff, the server put the outgoing game packets (not network packets) into that queue. On a timer your client then requests for the contents of that queue, I think the timer is 400ms by default. So you can only receive data whenever you ping the server to give it to you, and if that queue gets full then you lose that information. In a super busy zone like Dyna we can see how you could easily fill up the queue and stop "dropping packets".

AFAIK the Packetflow plugin adjusts the client to request every 200ms(?) instead of every 400, with the hope of getting the information before it get dropped.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-03 20:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leave besieged alone, it's actually fun as it is.

If SE "updates" it, suddenly it's an instanced once every 19.5 hour daily that rewards you with mlvl 50 if you do it 365 days in a row.
[+]
By Felgarr 2024-04-03 20:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Leave besieged alone, it's actually fun as it is.

If SE "updates" it, suddenly it's an instanced once every 19.5 hour daily that rewards you with mlvl 50 if you do it 365 days in a row.

I personally don't find it fun. Someone always goes straight for the boss and ends the run in like 10 seconds.
[+]
By Meeble 2024-04-03 20:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The way I understand it, each client connection has a server queue side for it's data. As things happen or your client asks for stuff, the server put the outgoing game packets (not network packets) into that queue. On a timer your client then requests for the contents of that queue, I think the timer is 400ms by default. So you can only receive data whenever you ping the server to give it to you, and if that queue gets full then you lose that information. In a super busy zone like Dyna we can see how you could easily fill up the queue and stop "dropping packets".

AFAIK the Packetflow plugin adjusts the client to request every 200ms(?) instead of every 400, with the hope of getting the information before it get dropped.

Said update queue also doesn't prioritize player packets in instances for some unexplained reason.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-03 22:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble said: »

Said update queue also doesn't prioritize player packets in instances for some unexplained reason.

Yeah that bug causes all sorts of pain inside all the latest content. Whole reason that plugin was made. Doesn't solve it completely but does help it some.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2024-04-04 04:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

iAbyssea

That's Escha, they even told us explicitly.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-04-04 05:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »

Which I think is all I want, but they have to make it so we can spend a lot of time on it. Have a reason to have real LSs because it's important to maintain or actually make headway. Make it pretty rough like reives when adoulin first came out, which is probably impossible since some people already have completed primes and odyssey and lots of people just don't have anything close.

I assume they are so slow putting remakes out because the game effectively dies after we are done with remade limbus, campaign, besieged, and VW. They'd be out of stuff and literally have to make new stuff in order to keep going forward...which they won't do. Certainly not at any pace that would keep subs.

And we all still want a Valhalla zone to punctuate TVR. So yeah, lots of disappointments all around.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-04 06:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

correct

pretty close, it allows it to be sent as soon as 250ms if the server has responded since the last packet, otherwise it'll wait until 400ms like usual (sending multiple requests before the last was fulfilled causes other issues, so to benefit you need a RTT under 400ms)
By alamihgo 2024-04-04 14:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

They need only add an alliance-sized Al Zahbi (U) instance with an elusive entry item similar to Peach Power. We don't want to replace the original Besieged. We just want to experience the thrill of a high-stakes Besieged with current power levels. You could even have a ilvl success tracker--every time an alliance defends the "Dream Besieged" instance, future attempts offer greater rewards. Something like that.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-04 16:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If they're gonna alliance anything, they should open their current endgame content to alliance.
[+]
By Minaras84 2024-04-04 19:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that bug causes all sorts of pain inside all the latest content. Whole reason that plugin was made. Doesn't solve it completely but does help it some.

:O
What plugin?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-04 20:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Minaras84 said: »

:O
What plugin?

Packetflow... it's in Windower, though you might have to enter the Konomi code first
By Chyula 2024-04-05 05:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just ilvl the three kings and the three dragons with the old popping conditions.
[+]
By Taint 2024-04-05 07:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
If they're gonna alliance anything, they should open their current endgame content to alliance.

I really think Alliance Sortie would be fun. Everyone is just flee hacking the purple halls, might as well open it up and let alliances do the objectives together.

Bonus if they let you get upstairs boss KIs without porting up or add blitzers near each upstairs boss.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-05 09:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Expecting the deliberately designed to waste as much time with running as possible Sortie to let you warp directly to the bosses be like...
[+]
By Taint 2024-04-05 09:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Expecting the deliberately designed to waste as much time with running as possible Sortie to let you warp directly to the bosses be like...

Its honestly the reason people just hack the event anyways. A smart Dev (I know I know) would just eliminate the reason to hack while benefiting the vanilla player. The only downside is vanilla players will have access to more Galli. The 90k Galli all day everyday crowd will still get 90k just without needing to run at 300% speed.
[+]
By Meeble 2024-04-05 15:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

Its honestly the reason people just hack the event anyways. A smart Dev (I know I know) would just eliminate the reason to hack while benefiting the vanilla player. The only downside is vanilla players will have access to more Galli. The 90k Galli all day everyday crowd will still get 90k just without needing to run at 300% speed.

He's right tho, everything that makes Sortie a massive time sink is there deliberately; The running, no rewards between zones, the earring RNG, muffins being shared between armor and weapon upgrades, hell, even the initial 100k cap before Primes were released. Like it or hate it, it's all designed to waste your time for a very long time.

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 414 415 416 ... 447 448 449