users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 382 383 384 ... 424 425 426
By Meeble 2023-05-23 11:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Meeble said: »
For those leaning towards Ephramad's Ring, which content are you expecting it to perform well for?

I'm sure it'll top the spreadsheets and sims under ideal conditions, but from a practical perspective the PDL feels like extra damage in situations where you already have more than enough damage.

It's an accuracy piece with WS stats (not VIT) that lets you play with PDL. If you have 3 mules that are buffers, it's the ring for you...

I understand that. If you're attack capped but can't currently hit 99k on, say, Warder of Courage, then adding PDL will help... but if you're already hitting 99k you don't need it.

Likewise, it won't help on content with severe Geomancy restrictions, or bosses with extreme stats like in high-v Gaol. I'm sure it's good for some setups(superbuffed solo MNK?) but it seems very situational, so I was curious what kind of fights the people leaning towards getting it had in mind.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-05-23 13:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
My thoughts are the same, you're going to get much more general usage out of the WSD ring or the Dex/Haste/Crit TP ring imo. I'm personally leaning towards the dex/haste/crit option.

Same. I think Lehko's is best personally. It directly impacts WS frequency and crit-based weaponskills, while indirectly benefits WSs that damage varies with TP. Having all that haste in the ring slot lets you swap in Sweordfatels+1/Gerdr+1 (among other slots probably) for more STP if you wanted.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-05-23 19:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
For those leaning towards Ephramad's Ring, which content are you expecting it to perform well for?

I'm sure it'll top the spreadsheets and sims under ideal conditions, but from a practical perspective the PDL feels like extra damage in situations where you already have more than enough damage.

It's an accuracy piece with WS stats (not VIT) that lets you play with PDL. If you have 3 mules that are buffers, it's the ring for you...

I understand that. If you're attack capped but can't currently hit 99k on, say, Warder of Courage, then adding PDL will help... but if you're already hitting 99k you don't need it.

Likewise, it won't help on content with severe Geomancy restrictions, or bosses with extreme stats like in high-v Gaol. I'm sure it's good for some setups(superbuffed solo MNK?) but it seems very situational, so I was curious what kind of fights the people leaning towards getting it had in mind.

It's for jobs with high attack and low pdif cap, not having much pdl or no pdl at all in JSE earring/neck/empty+3, so for example BLU. Also for WSs with huge attack bonuses or ignoring def like Mandalic Stab, Howling Fist, Shun.

Seeing how all Primes has PDL aftermath and song is pdl, all Prime WSs might have huge innate attack bonuses too.
[+]
By waffle 2023-05-26 09:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/60824-5月19日(金)~%E3%80%805月25日(木)までの投稿一覧
Seems they are planning an epilogue for VR.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-29 23:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Newest Freshly Picked is up

Nothing new, it's just there to read.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-05-30 00:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I've really been musing a lot lately on the promised "content to justify the Prime Weapons" that seems likely to be battlefields vs a new zone. Add in the across-the-board aftermath of +PDL, it makes me wonder if these eventual battlefields will be enemies with absurd HP, but the 99k dmg cap is lifted....thus justifying all that PDL as well as trying to give it a reason to exist at all.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-05-30 02:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Only content they've talked about making "to use Prime Weapons on" would be the upcoming master trial
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-05-30 02:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
I've really been musing a lot lately on the promised "content to justify the Prime Weapons" that seems likely to be battlefields vs a new zone. Add in the across-the-board aftermath of +PDL, it makes me wonder if these eventual battlefields will be enemies with absurd HP, but the 99k dmg cap is lifted....thus justifying all that PDL as well as trying to give it a reason to exist at all.

They can just make 50%DT on bosses, but let you be able to reach attack cap with PDL. Much easier than lifting damage cap.
[+]
By Justuas 2023-06-05 12:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In other news, we highlighted various new FFXI merchandise and also the upcoming Japan-only Treasures of Vana'diel exhibition on the Tuesday, May 16 episode of Freshly Picked Vana'diel.
He said the thing. Ha.
By Foxfire 2023-06-05 18:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
I'm pretty sure we already know stones are going to be ex so that severely limits their flow

also unsure if funk shared this but they also made mention of an upcoming exhibition in august, and this twitter page was made to broadcast info on it:

https://twitter.com/ffxi_exhibition
over here talking to myself i guess

[cries quietly in corner]
[+]
By Dubaiii 2023-06-05 22:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

PDL will work fine in Odyssey C for some jobs and depend on floor your on, However anyone Knows if PDL works on T3 V25 Bosses?
By Manque 2023-06-23 06:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

News up for the merch to be sold at the exhibition. Surprised they put this much thought into it. Guess I’ll take a day off work and go.

https://finalfantasyxi-exhibition.com/goods/
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2023-06-23 09:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

They won't ship overseas either, typical SE lol
 Ragnarok.Primex
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-23 09:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranoutofspace said: »
i got a guy who will go and buy the stuff you want for 100 USD/hour lol.
By Foxfire 2023-06-23 10:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Manque said: »
News up for the merch to be sold at the exhibition. Surprised they put this much thought into it. Guess I’ll take a day off work and go.

https://finalfantasyxi-exhibition.com/goods/
AEGIS CUSHION AEGIS CUSHION
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-06-23 11:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres the beetle pin and SE coulda done the funniest thing of all time.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-06-23 13:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooh some really cool things in there. I think they should be on ami at some point though.

They have some random card set up now, some of them are printed weirdly lol

By Draylo 2023-06-23 13:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Primex said: »
Ranoutofspace said: »

Oh yeah?
 Bahamut.Gokulo
user: Gokulo
By Bahamut.Gokulo 2023-06-23 13:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe there are sites that specialize in ordering and shipping stuff from Japanese stores if you just google a bit.
By Foxfire 2023-06-23 15:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

it'll likely be on amiami or tenso, but the site itself says only certain things will be available for purchase outside of the event (probably the ones they've shown on the freshly picked). who knows. keep an eye out.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-06-23 16:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Primex said: »

Cheaper on reddit
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-26 06:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh finally a yagudo reup, hasn't been back since JULY 2018!

2 weeks out so not bumping the thread yet. 5 years of power creep. I won't be surprised if this is completely dumpstered in 35 seconds.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-07-03 05:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
also, even more story rewards from TVR epilogue it seems

Most likely cosmetics of some sort. Probably just a costume belt or some furniture to remember them by.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-03 05:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Now that the game's entire story has been made available, we wanted to take the time to address this topic so that everyone can properly enjoy it.

Going forward, we plan to continue making various changes and adjustments like this to the game, so we hope they make your life in Vana'diel even more enjoyable and relaxing.

*** "delaying". S.k.i.p.p.a.b.l.e. Cutscenes.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-07-03 07:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah man, it's busy work showing what he can do for his next game or promotion
[+]
By Rips 2023-07-03 14:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
Now that the game's entire story has been made available, we wanted to take the time to address this topic so that everyone can properly enjoy it.

Going forward, we plan to continue making various changes and adjustments like this to the game, so we hope they make your life in Vana'diel even more enjoyable and relaxing.

You know how many times I watched the intro to crystalline prophecy? 196. That’s the zone Greyson is in.

Wish we had this before lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-07-03 14:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

re-arranging the deck chairs...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-03 15:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:

You know how many times I watched the intro to crystalline prophecy? 196. That’s the zone Greyson is in.

Wish we had this before lol

You and me both. I may have seen it even more times, and it's good to have. Just inferior to skipping alltogether.
First Page 2 3 ... 382 383 384 ... 424 425 426