First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 424 425 426
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-09 10:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Cool cosmetic rewards. Would have probably been better if they added one more tier of HTBF (ED - Extremely Difficult) and they were real rewards with some high tier stats.

Would get ridiculous fast, HTBF's are just level 99 NMs with jacked up stats. The problem is that a central component of enmity generation is based on the level difference between the player and the target, the larger the gap the lower the enmity that is generated for things like heals / damage. A level 99 player doing 10,000 damage to a level 99 NM would generate a ton more hate then that same 99 player doing that same 10,000 damage to a level 135 NM. Same goes for healing. This makes tanking HTBF's effectively impossible and why we just DD zerg them down.

I wish they did create a lvl135 HTBF difficulty setting. 10 levels higher than VD. Assuming VD is 125, would put these bosses at 135. Even if they were terribly challenging, besides master trials, there isn't much in that upper tier anymore to shoot for.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-09 10:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Giving away a lv1 GS is a shame, since Unafraid of the Dark is really not that hard any more and it was the only practical master trial drop. Guess if it's same account sendable, there will be people paying for 9 mules to guarantee it, and it's extra revenue for them.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-09 10:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh putting a cosmetic weapon on master trials was insulting to begin with.

There should've been a cosmetic greatsword added 10 years ago.
[+]
By Afania 2018-05-09 10:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool cosmetic rewards. Would have probably been better if they added one more tier of HTBF (ED - Extremely Difficult) and they were real rewards with some high tier stats.

Would get ridiculous fast, HTBF's are just level 99 NMs with jacked up stats. The problem is that a central component of enmity generation is based on the level difference between the player and the target, the larger the gap the lower the enmity that is generated for things like heals / damage. A level 99 player doing 10,000 damage to a level 99 NM would generate a ton more hate then that same 99 player doing that same 10,000 damage to a level 135 NM. Same goes for healing. This makes tanking HTBF's effectively impossible and why we just DD zerg them down.

I wish they did create a lvl135 HTBF difficulty setting. 10 levels higher than VD. Assuming VD is 125, would put these bosses at 135. Even if they were terribly challenging, besides master trials, there isn't much in that upper tier anymore to shoot for.

135 that's easier than VD, so it wouldn't sustain.

Tbh they(or any new content) should be harder than master trials to reflect the power creep in past 2 years. To illustrate the power creep and player power these days, SL master trial was 50+ min fight back at 2016 with great risk to time out. Now (afaik) it's 35-40min run with a roll only cor and nin blu as only dd. I would rate the difficulty similar to VD now.

A spammable lv 135 content would be done in a day by endgame community. People already been spamming VD really hard, so something easier than VD wouldn't last.

If it's ilv 150 content with 6 man limitations, it would last longer at least.

I guess resourceful people that's been playing for years none stop are the minority that se probably won't bother creating content for them. Not like they'd quit without hard content.
By Afania 2018-05-09 10:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Meh putting a cosmetic weapon on master trials was insulting to begin with.

There should've been a cosmetic greatsword added 10 years ago.

Those fights should at least offer currency drops like htbf. So there are more reasons to spam it instead of do it once and never get a chance to do it again.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2018-05-09 10:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Linky to my translation summary over on bgwiki here.

I look forward to the chaos I should return to after I wake up. It's fun getting to be a harbinger of doom. >:D

Thanks, as always.

Question, though:

Quote:
Trust Level = Average Item level + Number of non-Trust Party Members

So does this mean trusts get stronger the more human party members are present? Was it always like this?

If that's new, it's a pretty jazzy bone to throw all of us suckers sitting around for a half hour waiting for a WHM to respond to the shout.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-09 11:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Trust whm could be ilvl 1billion they're still going to have garbage AI.

Increasing ilvl only benefits DD trust. No effect on supports or healers. *no /real/ effect. Yeah they'll have +MND /hurray
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-05-09 11:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoran is already fine. He is high res. More resists would make him better. He doesn't convert and kill himself like Ruru.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-09 11:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If Yoran fights 8-~10 yalms farther away, that'd be an improvement.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-09 11:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

VD is level 99
D is level 99
N is level 99

All HTBC's are level 99.

What SE did was give very large stat boosts to the NM's based on difficulty selection. A VD HTBC would be level 99, with something around 2K added to their attack and defense. Remember when created the first HTBC's LCF still existed and added a monster 20 levels above us would absolutely crush out stats with the level related penalties. Later they modified the formula so LCF isn't really a thing but never went back to redid their HTBC content formula.

The point is that we don't want anymore HTBC related content in this game, as a system it's fundamentally broken. The *right* answer would be for SE's developers to go back and fix HTBC's to have actual levels, but we know they won't do that.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-05-09 12:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

He means content level.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-05-09 14:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Linky to my translation summary over on bgwiki here.

I look forward to the chaos I should return to after I wake up. It's fun getting to be a harbinger of doom. >:D

Thanks, as always.

Question, though:

Quote:
Trust Level = Average Item level + Number of non-Trust Party Members

So does this mean trusts get stronger the more human party members are present? Was it always like this?

If that's new, it's a pretty jazzy bone to throw all of us suckers sitting around for a half hour waiting for a WHM to respond to the shout.

It's new and part of the Trust magic enhancement reward from the new quest.

I'm obviously awake again, and just noticed that the video has already been archived, so going back thru on it now. ^^
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-05-09 14:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming it's one for one it's kind of meh though. While it's not nothing if pet ilvls have taught us anything going from 119 to 121 is going to be a couple more points to base stats and 10-30 to /check para stats.

If it's something more meaningful like 5-10 we might be talking something when you have 5/6 real people... but content you aren't already steamrolling with 5 could kill even the bugged super trusts
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-05-09 15:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Assuming it's one for one it's kind of meh though. While it's not nothing if pet ilvls have taught us anything going from 119 to 121 is going to be a couple more points to base stats and 10-30 to /check para stats.

If it's something more meaningful like 5-10 we might be talking something when you have 5/6 real people... but content you aren't already steamrolling with 5 could kill even the bugged super trusts

Seems pretty clear to me. :|
1x player = ilvl 120 trusts
5x players = ilvl 124 trusts
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-09 15:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats still going to accomplish "not a damn thing" it needs to be dramatically more than that to even begin to show an effect.

and they currently aren't even the equivalent of being a 119 they're more like 110 if even that high iirc

(except yoran who has the meva of a 199 ilvl @_@)
By zaxtiss 2018-05-09 16:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm lvl 124 Augest? that will be interesting i think.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-09 16:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why I said assuming because that would be the assumption. And it would be ***.

And why I said if it was an actual reasonable amount it might be very okish
By Nyarlko 2018-05-09 16:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why I said assuming because that would be the assumption. And it would be ***.

It's not assuming. There was a slide for it with the equation I gave. :x
By clearlyamule 2018-05-09 16:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It is if you don't assume I saw said slide. Which I didn't see in said post making it not so obvious
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-05-09 16:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Not gonna talk smack till it hits.. tho if i had to bet...

Straight garbage.... hope I am wrong
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-05-09 16:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It is if you don't assume I saw said slide. Which I didn't see in said post making it not so obvious
Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough in my OP. >_<

I normally make an effort to make sure that anything that I am unsure of will come with qualifying language ("I think/believe/feel/etc", "Maybe/etc", "Need help!".. that sort of thing.) Anything that is a pure statement should be something that I'm quite sure about and usually comes from visual data instead of only audio. I hate the idea of pointing the community in the wrong direction, so I do my best to be picky about my words and wording.

FP livecasts are a minor exception since I'm normally sleep deprived and sleepy for them, which is why I include a disclaimer on them. XD I'll be finishing up my 2nd pass on it tonight, for confirmation and clarification, but taking a break since my ears need to rest.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-05-09 17:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That is only part of the adjustments. A lot of it will come down to bonuses for the trust job points
By ScaevolaBahamut 2018-05-09 17:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm not really getting my hopes up, but 86 Trusts really is a lot. You have to have been subbed a good amount of time to snag that many through log in campaigns.

This is maybe crediting SE with more forethought than is deserved at this point but that kind of requirement targets people who've been around long enough to legitimately hit a wall with what they can get done solo.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-09 17:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

This is EXACTLY why you obtain ALL trusts, even the shitty ones you will NEVER use.

because the next upgrade will require more.

Though now I'm annoyed because I didn't follow my own rule and my newest accounts only have the ones I actually use.

There are currently 108 (suikoden anyone) + Cornelia + 1 of the (UC) trusts, right?
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-05-09 17:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Yeah, I'm not really getting my hopes up, but 86 Trusts really is a lot. You have to have been subbed a good amount of time to snag that many through log in campaigns.

To be fair, they're offering 23 in the 100 point tier in the next login campaign, and then Shantotto II in the 300 point. Plus another 12 in the trust event.

I think your general sentiment is on the money though - this isn't targeting especially new players.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-05-09 18:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I see the point of the requirements. This is effectively limit break for trusts.

I can also see 150 'job points' being expanded to 300 or even 500 down the road as necessary, though that's pure conjecture on my part.

They've expanded the scope of both merit points and job points for player characters multiple times.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-05-09 20:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like I might have a reason to resub...
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-05-10 00:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
There are currently 108 (suikoden anyone) + Cornelia + 1 of the (UC) trusts, right?

Yup, that was my count today on my 100% Trusts character.

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
To be fair, they're offering 23 in the 100 point tier in the next login campaign, and then Shantotto II in the 300 point. Plus another 12 in the trust event.

And that's in addition to the easily obtained always-available trusts, the 5 required AAs, the quarterly Alter Ego Extravaganza events, etc. I don't find it that harsh that they're allowing you to be missing 22 trusts and still finish this quest. Yeah, it's not necessarily intended for brand new returning players to be able to complete it super quickly - but S-E seems to be taking the approach that for those players, "NQ" trusts can handle the kinds of content those players should be more involved in as they're getting back up to speed. Seems fair to me.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-05-10 10:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
And that's in addition to the easily obtained always-available trusts, the 5 required AAs, the quarterly Alter Ego Extravaganza events, etc. I don't find it that harsh that they're allowing you to be missing 22 trusts and still finish this quest.

I think the breakdown is...

49 always-obtainable via quest/mission/reward, though at least four of those may qualify as hard to guarantee (Ygnas, and the three from SR). That includes the AAs that are required anyway (along with the others that need to be obtained to start that quest, etc).

28 from Alter Ego Extravaganza, slightly offset by six of them being available anytime via RoE. Including those, 16 are currently available.

24 from login points - meaning literally all of them are on offer this month, at a price that'd allow someone to get them all if needed.

7 that are event rewards. Of those, I think three from the Mooblin battle that starts next week, the two Mumors from Sunbreeze, one from Sunshine Seeker, and Kupofried.

Had they timed it differently or not run the login campaign, it'd be a harsh requirement for new/returning folks. The accompanying events really kinda make it reasonable, considering the other requirements.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 10:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

See, thats bad logic. Completely unfair to a new player.

ALL trust should be available ALL the time.

Putting certain trusts only available at certain times is completely unfair. Shantotto II is a -MUST- for a new player and she's unfairly time gated. *must being the best DD trust and makes the 1-99 a significantly easier process.

It's also unreasonable to put tanks that are good* behind events too. Valerianal Curila Trion etc are terrible. Amchuchu and Ovjang are at least decent stop gaps.

Qultada is the best and only real buffer. Time gated. That's dumb. The bards are buffers yes, but the absolute worst 2 minute songs that take the full 10 seconds to sing.

ALL the GEO trusts are event-gated
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 424 425 426