Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 311 312 313 ... 408 409 410
 Fenrir.Positron
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-08-05 13:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

No adds spawn, so presumably you can either try to push it farther for more RP, or more likely just hold the NM without dying and reraising repeatedly.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-05 13:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks said: »
Why do people shout for V19? What is the difference to doing V20?

If you actually want to kill it, not only do 5%, then difference is pretty significant, because V19 has no add.
[+]
By Afania 2022-08-05 13:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Hardcore players will make static with other hardcore players anyway and wont party with casuals anyway

Even hardcore players with a static is still likely to invite another guy if one person take a break, and that random new guy has "good enough gears" to contribute. In that case it's easier to find a rep if people's gear isn't far behind.

I think it's obvious that if everybody has similar level of gears, it benefits everyone.

because hardcore players rarely quit or make breaks.

But you don't have any proof. Considering I know many people who is hardcore take breaks in FFXI when they get bored, I'd say your "theory" isn't proven and just a guesstimate based on your own connections. I can name several people who used to play but not anymore too.

would start helping casuals more,

I have a better idea! Let casuals help themselves by being able to contribute ;)
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
Server: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-08-05 13:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I am actually a bit curious what a census of the FFXI community would look like: age, family status, etc.

I do wish they would make Gaol more accessible. I don't think stacking MPs is the answer, because running 3-4 C farms in a row sounds less enjoyable to me than doing it once a day. I feel like it'd become too repetitive doing it for 2 hours straight. I'd rather see Gaol made more accessible by reducing the penalty for failure, allowing "free" entries to help others, provide a new MPII every few days, or something similar, even if they balance the RP you get for failed runs some.

I have no expectation this will happen, though, and think when SE does change it, it'll be to just stack MPs.

No add in v19 and getting the kill is easier, which can provide more RP than a crappy v20 run.

Personally, I mainly stick to v20 unless the group can kill v19. I've found most groups not capable of doing v20 can't take v19 to the point where you get more RP doing 19 than 20. I don't recall exact numbers, but (for example) if you only do 20% damage to 20 compared to 40% on 19, then you still get more RP with v20. Don't hold me to those exact figures though, I don't know the exact point you get more RP for one or the other. I just don't think it's worth doing unless the group kills it on v19 and doesn't want the added randomness/challenge of the add screwing things up.

It's also faster, there is no sitting around waiting for the timer to expire if you can kill it on 19, which makes getting runs in easier esp on some easier fights.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-05 13:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Take the current system, but you also get 1 free Moglophone II every 20 hours.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-05 14:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Take the current system, but you also get 1 free Moglophone II every 20 hours.

I mean, that would double the congestion instantaneously, so not great.

Like it, for sure, the consequences are far worse however.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-05 14:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubling the congestion wouldn't even be all that bad even on Asura these days. Lines are usually 0-3 unless it's weekend morning.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-05 14:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It would also lower the seg farms, and lower the mats.

Why farm when you get a freebie. There's always other things to consider.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-05 14:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

How many points does killing at V19 gives vs only doing 5% at V20?
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-08-05 14:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

How many points does killing at V19 gives vs only doing 5% at V20?

1896 for killing V19 with amp, 1425 for doing 5% to V20, and you won't break even unless you actually kill V20

if you're doing charged amp though, it becomes 5688 for killing V19 vs 5649 for doing 5% to v20(need to do 20% to be better off on v20).. though realistically you probably still want v20 since you'll also be reducing your next charge by doing v19
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-05 14:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds to me like it is just worth doing V20. Is that doing a T1 then a T2 (fully killing both) then a T3 V20?
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-05 14:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It would also lower the seg farms, and lower the mats.

Why farm when you get a freebie. There's always other things to consider.
Sounds like a way to reduce congestion to me!
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-08-05 14:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds to me like it is just worth doing V20. Is that doing a T1 then a T2 (fully killing both) then a T3 V20?

You charge your amp by doing 3 consecutive RP-earning runs, and the numbers I gave assume all 3 consecutive runs were on V20. You can maintain a charged amp for every run by using your charged amp on the first fight and still doing 5% on the other 2, but there's also nothing stopping you from doing the same NM 3x if you don't fail or kill it.

So, enter Bumba v20, do at least 5%, time out. 1425 RP.
Enter Bumba v20, do at least 5%, time out. 1425 RP.
Enter Bumba v20, do at least 5%, time out. 1425 RP.

Then, the next time you do it, the charge is ready on first bumba and you get 5649 + 1425 + 1425, and you can keep going like that as long as you don't ever fail to do 5%. Net RP would be ~8499 for 13,500 segments (.629 RP/seg).

If you can't do bumba multiple times, you can do low tiers for the charge without amplifiers and be paying 10500 for 5649 rp(.538 RP/seg). Alternatively, use amplifiers on the low tiers to get the RP there.

FWIW, just doing 5% single NM is only 1425 RP/4500 segs(.316 RP/seg), which is considerably worse.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-05 15:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Hardcore players will make static with other hardcore players anyway and wont party with casuals anyway

Even hardcore players with a static is still likely to invite another guy if one person take a break, and that random new guy has "good enough gears" to contribute. In that case it's easier to find a rep if people's gear isn't far behind.

I think it's obvious that if everybody has similar level of gears, it benefits everyone.

because hardcore players rarely quit or make breaks.

But you don't have any proof. Considering I know many people who is hardcore take breaks in FFXI when they get bored, I'd say your "theory" isn't proven and just a guesstimate based on your own connections. I can name several people who used to play but not anymore too.

would start helping casuals more,

I have a better idea! Let casuals help themselves by being able to contribute ;)
Im with simon most of these no lifers you speak off may take breaks but they make sure they up to date or have done the content thats out. Most care about wins or understanding the content they do unlike most casual players when they just winging it and just there for "fun/carry". Alot of people forget MMO's have tons of stuff to do nothing says you need to keep up with the "Hardcore players"
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-08-05 16:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a wife, kid and a full time job

I wish I had a static
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-05 16:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems like it is easier to do with PuG than I initially thought. Still not a great way to be set up.

I have WAR DRK, what order to do Nyame in? I think legs first for SB?
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-08-05 17:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK has WSD10 legs. I’d probably do one that doesn’t overlap to gain full benefit of a single piece IMO.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-05 17:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I care about WAR more, I should add. WAR has WSD 10% head, no hands or legs.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-05 17:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just have fun, that is still the mantra of the game. There is no rush to do all this, the content will be here for years to come and it will only get easier the more time passes.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-05 17:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems like it is easier to do with PuG than I initially thought. Still not a great way to be set up.

I have WAR DRK, what order to do Nyame in? I think legs first for SB?
I care about WAR more, I should add. WAR has WSD 10% head, no hands or legs.
For WAR either legs or feet would be the best Nyame part to do first. Since you got 10% WSD on WAR relic head and artifact body +3 each. With Odyssean gloves having 2% WSD on the base peice, if you get a lucky dark matter campaign aug on that you can get it close to or even at 10% WSD as well.

I got 7% WSD on valor legs with dark matter aug, but without the campaign you can only get up to like 5% WSD normally on it. So unless you got a dark matter aug on valor legs, go for Nyame legs first. Otherwise prolly the Nyame feet first since Ambu Sulevia boots +2 only have 7% WSD.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-05 17:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 9% (total) hands which is why I will go for legs first.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-05 18:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually Legs -> Hands / Feet depending, Odyssean kinda lacks +Acc which starts to matter in some places.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-05 18:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm well V19 is less stressful then V20, more enjoyable for those who want to play instead of wipe + AFK at 94%. Kinda of a niche situation though.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2022-08-05 18:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiehna said: »
For WAR either legs or feet would be the best Nyame part to do first. Since you got 10% WSD on WAR relic head and artifact body +3 each. With Odyssean gloves having 2% WSD on the base peice, if you get a lucky dark matter campaign aug on that you can get it close to or even at 10% WSD as well.

I got 7% WSD on valor legs with dark matter aug, but without the campaign you can only get up to like 5% WSD normally on it. So unless you got a dark matter aug on valor legs, go for Nyame legs first. Otheriwse prolly the Nyame feet first since Ambu Sulevia boots +2 only have 7% WSD.

Do note that even if you have good legs, WSD is not the only stat that matters, and Sulevia feet have more accuracy, more attack, and more base stats than Nyame, so they're actually a really good piece to keep, and they stay better than Nyame until you get Nyame Sollerets above r15, which is when they also get 7 WSD (and 1 DA for that matter).

This means that until they're R15 (and it's going to take a minute) , Nyame feet are a net loss in your set over Sulevia +2 feet (unless you really need the defensive stats, of course).

On the other end of the spectrum the legs and hands are going to be an immediate improvement under almost every aspect, even if you have ody/val with high WSD on them, due to more atk and more acc, and more good base stats, etc - I used to have Odyssean hands with +7wsd and a 10 VIT augment, but the terrible STR on them made them quite bad for anything but Upheaval. Nyame hands even at lower wsd beat them instantly due to much higher accuracy, attack, and both good STR and VIT - which also means saved inventory.

So yeah, for WAR it's going to be hands > legs, then once those are high enough feet, and then everything else.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-08-05 19:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Just have fun, that is still the mantra of the game. There is no rush to do all this, the content will be here for years to come and it will only get easier the more time passes.

Blow through the content in a few weeks 6-boxing with a bunch of lua and scripting and then complain on the forums that there is no new content for the next 36 months. The way Jesus intended.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-05 20:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
On the other end of the spectrum the legs and hands are going to be an immediate improvement under almost every aspect, even if you have ody/val with high WSD on them, due to more atk and more acc, and more good base stats, etc - I used to have Odyssean hands with +7wsd and a 10 VIT augment, but the terrible STR on them made them quite bad for anything but Upheaval. Nyame hands even at lower wsd beat them instantly due to much higher accuracy, attack, and both good STR and VIT - which also means saved inventory.
Ahh okay thank you for the info and advice, I really appreciate that! I've mainly played mage jobs like SMN, RDM and WHM the majority of the time I've played XI, so I'm not really an expert on DD jobs. I've just started playing WAR and THF in the past year or two. I was mainly assuming due to most of the community obsessing over Path B Nyame set, that WSD was higher priority than attack and STR/DEX/VIT type stats for most WS.

I'm still at Rank 0 Nyame cause I'm trying to get all the Ody armor sets first before doing RP for Nyame. Just need Bunzi still since I don't play any jobs on the Agwu set and I got the other T3/4 armors/clears already. Not many people seem to like doing Mboze tho lol >.< But for now I'll stick with Odyssean gloves until I get the Nyame RP farming going, then I'll prolly take your advice and do the gloves some first, and then the legs. Yeah I still use the Sulevia +2 boots cause no WSD at all on my Nyame yet lol.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-05 21:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I would risk completely opposite theory. If you would let hardcore players spam Odyssey, they would probably be capped in a month, but wouldn't quit at all, because hardcore players rarely quit or make breaks. They would start getting bored tho and would start helping casuals more, because they wouldn't be pressured to optimize runs anymore and they would just play for fun.

That's how my wife and I play. Join a casual LS, see if people want help on stuff like omen or dyna. If you find people are competent and fun to play with, you stick around. If they are terrible drama bombas, you gtfo.

We can't really do that with Odyssey because we're climbing it ourselves with an incomplete static. Segments and play times are clearly getting in the way of us progressing faster, but I don't want to leave my friends behind. Solidarity is a great. Relaxing the restrictions would greatly increase the likelihood I would help LS members.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2022-08-06 00:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Free Moglophone II on a 20 hour timer like someone else suggested. Make it happen SE!
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2022-08-06 01:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
This means that until they're R15 (and it's going to take a minute)

If you have a supercharged amp, you can do this in one triple using amps. So it really doesn't take long at all.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-06 03:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I still don't understand this super charged amps business
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 311 312 313 ... 408 409 410