Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-01-30 16:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »
Odin.Creaucent said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Did anyone notice that during the latter half of the month there is a chain campaign - plus AND double capacity points campaign?

I don't ever recall seeing double capacity points as a campaign. Is that new?

Typo its Double accolades.

Double CP actually does exist as a campaign. I haven't seen it in a a few years though. I'm rather excited for the idea of 2x CP and 2x CP Chain.

Here is a past time the campaign had been active:
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/13392/detail.html

Yes however its Double Accolades everywhere else its the forum post that has it wrong which has happened quite often recently.

Campaign Period: Friday, February 19, at 12:00 a.m. (PST) to Monday, March 1, at 6:59 a.m.

Chain Experience Bonus Campaign - PLUS!
Chain Capacity Point Bonus Campaign - PLUS!
Chain Monstrosity Bonus Campaign - PLUS!
Assault - Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey Mysterious Item Campaign
Mog Gardens Campaign
Alter Ego Expo– PLUS!
Double Unity Accolade Campaign
Voidwatch Campaign
Geas Fete Campaign - PLUS!
Unity Wanted Campaign
Dark Matter Arcane Glyptics Campaign – PLUS!
Monster Rearing Campaign
Combat and Magic Skill Increase Campaign
Ambuscade Gallantry Campaign

Can you see double CP there?

Well #$%^. No longer looking forward to Feb.

Really sucks because my friends who haven't played in a while were messaging me about how excited they all were to play for that campaign.

Upsets me a bit.

If they're going to post a campaign, even if by mistake, that makes people who had quit the game want to come back then they should accept their mistake and give us that campaign.
By SimonSes 2021-01-30 16:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Really sucks because my friends who haven't played in a while were messaging me about how excited they all were to play for that campaign.

Upsets me a bit.

If they're going to post a campaign, even if by mistake, that makes people who had quit the game want to come back then they should accept their mistake and give us that campaign.

Really? Isnt 2-3 CP campaign PLUS not enough? It caps CP per Apex mob anyway. I dont know whats exciting about even more CP, its easy anyway.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
By Odin.Senaki 2021-01-30 17:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Upsets me a bit.

Really? Isnt 2-3 CP campaign PLUS not enough? It caps CP per Apex mob anyway. I dont know whats exciting about even more CP, its easy anyway.

Caps at chain 25 ish with high Gifts.

With low gifts got need chain 40-50, but most returning players will never see that chain #.

CP is Low-mid tier content that's akin to old-school XI Merit or EXP parties (SC - MB). Which is why people really enjoy doing it.

The reason folks wanted the extra CP campaign was because with less gear it's harder to kill mobs, making each kill more meaningful with the increased CP; this is especially so when you cannot chain high due to the lack of gear. Meaning Chain CP is of less value for these individuals than direct 'double gain' boosts.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
By Odin.Senaki 2021-01-30 18:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
We'll let 2009 know how you feel.

Jokes on you, I started FFXI as a new player in 2014. :P
[+]
 Asura.Robear
Server: Asura
By Asura.Robear 2021-01-30 21:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Then why are you on Odin? LOL
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-01-30 22:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

2003 called! 100 exp for battle of life and death against a bunny. If you lose you will have to walk all the way back from town and lose your level!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-31 10:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
2003 called! 100 exp for battle of life and death against a bunny. If you lose you will have to walk all the way back from town and lose your level!
Even worse when it was a Goblin in the dunes while you were lfp, you died, deleveled, had to run back through 4 zones, then the party had to wait 20+ minutes for you to return because you didn't set your HP. When you finally got there, party disbanded. Yall do not know real suffering.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-31 10:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Even worse when it was a Goblin in the dunes while you were lfp, you died, deleveled, had to run back through 4 zones, then the party had to wait 20+ minutes for you to return because you didn't set your HP. When you finally got there, party disbanded. Yall do not know real suffering.

If you know, you know. If you don't, you don't.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2021-01-31 11:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else miss Crawler's Nest, Yhoator Jungle, and Garlaige Citadel trains that lasted for half an hour and closed down the zone?

Me neither.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-01-31 11:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

going to sleep lfg while on whm or brd... Wake up to 100 tells... good ole days...
By fillerbunny9 2021-01-31 13:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ah yes, leveling DRG and spending more time LFP than actually getting XP, vs having to hide as /anon every moment I was not LFP on RDM.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-31 13:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
ah yes, leveling DRG and spending more time LFP than actually getting XP, vs having to hide as /anon every moment I was not LFP on RDM.
I mostly soloed DRG to 75 back when. At least in DRG's case that was possible. <,<;
By SimonSes 2021-01-31 13:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

People on some popular ffxi classic youtube channel would comment you about this being what they loved in FFXI and its like it should be..
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2021-01-31 13:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally absolutely loved partying and heading off to new areas in the old XI days. Doesn't mean there aren't parts I hated though.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-31 14:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

People on some popular ffxi classic youtube channel would comment you about this being what they loved in FFXI and its like it should be..

oh wait i thought it was the other comment, eh, fast travel, yeah, it's nice. I can't think of any game that forces you to run everywhere on foot like og XI. airships are slow, boats are slow, werent allowed to ride a bird yet. meh.

If it wasn't whm and blm specific teles and warps it would've been much more reasonable. But ya know it kinda defined XI at the time being unnecessarily slow in every aspect.

(I thought it was about the goblin trains, and mpking, it's not, but that's what makes an mmo an mmo experience, not just pvp but being able to use mobs to kill players)
By SimonSes 2021-01-31 15:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
I personally absolutely loved partying and heading off to new areas in the old XI days. Doesn't mean there aren't parts I hated though.

Yeah, but first few times, not when you were being forced to do it every time. Also waiting for someone new to come to camp for 30 min, then someone else needs to go, then finding another person etc. You were partying 6hours but actually exping for 2...
By fillerbunny9 2021-01-31 15:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I mostly soloed DRG to 75 back when. At least in DRG's case that was possible. <,<;

thank god Colibri became the target of choice starting around Level 50. for whatever reason Alexander still had its head up its *** and thought that Samurai, and to a lesser extent Warrior, were the only DDs in the game, and Dragoon could STILL go pound sand, so at least it made for a more pleasant solo leveling experience.
By SimonSes 2021-01-31 15:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

thank god Colibri became the target of choice starting around Level 50. for whatever reason Alexander still had its head up its *** and thought that Samurai, and to a lesser extent Warrior, were the only DDs in the game, and Dragoon could STILL go pound sand, so at least it made for a more pleasant solo leveling experience.

Idk, I think I enjoyed my DRG in party based on my reaction on this ss XD This was 2008 tho.

By fillerbunny9 2021-01-31 16:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I would have as well, but I was stuck LFP while soloing. made zero sense at the time
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2021-01-31 17:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Robear said: »

Then why are you on Odin? LOL

Started on Quetz then moved to Odin after being invited into an amazing aeonic group.

Stayed on Odin. I miss my friends on Quetz sometimes, but I made new ones on Odin and I now consider Odin my home.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-02-03 09:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Don’t remember doing an iron giant ambu. Was that one a pain?
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2021-02-03 09:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »

Matsui said:
For Ambuscade, both Normal and Intense have new battles this month. Intense Ambuscades feature combat against iron giants. Effectively dealing damage is hugely important this month, and you’ll want to bring both physical and magic attackers if you hope to emerge unscathed.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-03 09:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't want to make "the thread" (yet) but I do want to complain about how it's going to work.

One of three things is going to happen; take cors to hax it with leaden, take a sam to jinpu spam, aoe enspells literally breaks it.

"Magic" and "magical damage" need to be separated. Let em *** about formless strikes not working (again). it's the better solution.
(*) for the current state of the game where MNK is back on "the throne" so to say.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-02-03 09:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

"Some of you may have heard whisperings of a dancing Rahal, and I think you’ll be pleased with the comical tint that this month’s update will bring."

I haven't done any Voracious Resurgence yet so it might be in those missions, but the way it was printed makes me wonder otherwise. What do they mean by this?

If it's from VR, no need to elaborate for spoilers sake. Just wanting to know.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-02-03 09:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Asura.Topace said: »

Matsui said:
For Ambuscade, both Normal and Intense have new battles this month. Intense Ambuscades feature combat against iron giants. Effectively dealing damage is hugely important this month, and you’ll want to bring both physical and magic attackers if you hope to emerge unscathed.
Ahh I see. Did a quick skim lol my bad
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-03 09:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tawhoya said: »
"Some of you may have heard whisperings of a dancing Rahal, and I think you’ll be pleased with the comical tint that this month’s update will bring."

I haven't done any Voracious Resurgence yet so it might be in those missions, but the way it was printed makes me wonder otherwise. What do they mean by this?

If it's from VR, no need to elaborate for spoilers sake. Just wanting to know.

yeah, it's that. It's going to be in the new TVR chapter
By Taint 2021-02-03 10:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else not excited at all
About more Odyssey? I’ve done enough of it to know this event needs to DIAF.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-03 10:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh boy is your entire year gonna suck brah

But no really, yeah, that's the year. The whole year. And the only thing the whole year. "please look forward to it"

I know it's a daily, and you hate life when you lose that free 3m every day, but you can simply not do it.
First Page 2 3 ... 192 193 194 ... 448 449 450