First Page 2 3 ... 181 182 183 ... 424 425 426
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-03 09:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
I'm pretty quick to notice bait when I see it and I think they are actually trolling by leaving typos for people to find now.

As long as they stop messing up the monthly deeds battlefields being something entirely different, I just shrug off typos as nothing to concern myself with much.

It just means they're lazy, not malicious.

Constantly can't be bothered to take 30 seconds to read over 1000 words to verify correct spelling should tell you everything you need to know. It's not like they're doing anything else... they've got the time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-03 10:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I'm pretty quick to notice bait when I see it and I think they are actually trolling by leaving typos for people to find now.

As long as they stop messing up the monthly deeds battlefields being something entirely different, I just shrug off typos as nothing to concern myself with much.

It just means they're lazy, not malicious.

Constantly can't be bothered to take 30 seconds to read over 1000 words to verify correct spelling should tell you everything you need to know. It's not like they're doing anything else... they've got the time.

Anyone who honestly still believes that FFXI is a priority for SE needs examined. Its so clearly the red-headed stepchild of their lineup.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-03 10:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh if it's at least close to as fast/good as shantoto II it'll be aight. Safer than shantoto always getting oneshot

I doubt it but who knows

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-03 10:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been flying the "trust AI is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE" flag from minute one
By Pantafernando 2020-12-03 10:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You can see this from a good and a bad perspective.

The good is that the ideas are coming to devs. They know what they want to implement.

The bad is that they just cant implement it as fast as they can promise.

One of the past articles someone link somewhere mentioned they were running with a crew of 6 employers. Another optimistic article mentioned that they were planning releases till 2022 so suposelly they would get some increment in their funds/team.

Now with so much problem, two months to fix bugs in the newcoming Odyssey, hard not to think either they are working with very reduced team or they are using not experienced developers as i never saw a change being announced for two months and failing to be released due bug and fixs. The new trust is also something even Matsui said he was ashamed to announce (probably because he wanted to announced earlier in the year), and even them, he doesnt seems sure that the trust gonna be ready till 10.

Too many technical problems. Probably they need more people to joij their team because just a single project (odyssey D or whatever) seems to be sucking all their manpower.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-12-03 10:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been flying the "trust AI is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE" flag from minute one

Most likely they are purposelly gimped so people still can see mediocre players as “at least better than trust”.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-03 10:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Now guessing what should be causing such problem, i dont believe they are having problems just introducing a new zone with new foes as they have been doing this for years so its not like some mystery to be solved.

Probably they added some unique new stat on the new gear so that, due spaguetthi code, have been messing other related stats. Or some bizarre gimmick that they concluded the mob is not killable.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-03 10:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Most likely they are purposelly gimped so people still can see mediocre players as “at least better than trust”.

I'm fine with that as a standard to encourage in (god forbid) an MMO group play. But you don't have to make the trusts idiots to encourage this, just make them weaker.

example: There's no reason that Quldata has to ride Burning Blade to *** up skillchains in order to encourage someone to want a real player Corsair over him. Just keep his rolls at a +4 or lower (less than the accessible to everyone Bataria Ring provides, essentially).
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-03 10:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

We know this. It's true that that's the idea. It was a fair enough idea years ago, it didn't work, time to admit it and fix it. Trust took over whole sale.

Even so, they had room to make them better while staying "worse than a human" aimed too low.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-03 11:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
Problem with him is he gives you ***rolls that make no sense sometimes.

hehe, I'd almost tolerate that for at least one good roll if he'd just sit back and let the men work.
By Honeybaked 2020-12-03 11:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The new trust is also something even Matsui said he was ashamed to announce (probably because he wanted to announced earlier in the year),

No, he was making reference to the idea that he was embarrassed that the trust is him. It was probably something that some of the community has requested and he feels it is weird but he is doing it for those people that want it.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-03 12:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Since they are nerfing him before he even gets released (and I don't even know why they are telling us, we wouldn't know otherwise?), i am expecting a ton of negativity as far as how stupid of a trust he is. But my hands are clean from this one, shoulda released him as is and just let the players have fun with an unkillable nuke job. Now people are just gonna say "bUt sHaNtToTto iS sTrOnGeR!!!"
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2020-12-03 12:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We know this. It's true that that's the idea. It was a fair enough idea years ago, it didn't work, time to admit it and fix it. Trust took over whole sale.

Even so, they had room to make them better while staying "worse than a human" aimed too low.

Even as is there are plenty of people I've had the joy of playing with who are significantly worse than trusts and continue to be even after unlocking good gear. At least with trusts I can play around the dumb things they do.

I really just wish we could either get trusts to stop using ws's or take a bunch of the useless trusts and turn them into versions of trusts people actually use except they don't break SCs/MBs because right now most trusts actively make it harder to SC or MB.

Also I think trusts can be better by actually making them dumber, instead of having trusts change what buffs they give you based on various situations can just have different trusts give different sets of buffs. Have a brd that always does marches rdm that always does flurrys and another that always does hastes. That way players can decide on the buffs they want and there's plenty of currently useless trusts they can change to give lots of options.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-03 13:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That was my very first complaint way back in the very beginning.

tl:dr was gambits. Being able to turn off/on actions and priorities.

Like if you take koru, turn on haste2 dia3 phalanx2 heals and turn off flurry, he's perfect...(fix convert logic so he can't zero out mp and when an enemy has no tp) We didn't need 9 rdms that're all terrible in their own ways, just one customizable one. They could still leave the other rdms there because they're iconic, but you get the point.

And for what its worth, who cares if that makes koru better than a scrubmage? It still wouldn't have the MACC of a real mage or the duration or prebuffing or melee enspell damage or impact. It's just good at being the bare minimum.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-03 13:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted this on the OF close to 7 years ago, shortly after trusts were implemented.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/38859-Trust-Suggestions?p=487858&viewfull=1#post487858

It was wordy, but the general idea was customizable trusts that can be tailored to fit specific roles, similar to Fellowship system (which they abandoned and replaced with Trusts). If they had just expanded on the Fellow system by allowing players to custom tailor their trusts, it would be such a better and more intuitive system.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-03 13:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm honestly fine with a situation like Jakey said above- some RDMs are good for Haste, some for Flurry. One BRD always does double march and nothing else, no getting rid of my 2nd march for a cruddy NPC Paeon that isnt gonna save me anyways. And being able to turn on/off WS'ing alone would solve SO MUCH.

A Second COR that prioritizes different rolls would be appreciated as well.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-03 13:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn't put a lot of thought into some of the earlier trusts because they made them basically copies of each other with different moves or weapons. They are literally vanity NPCs, nothing more. It was fun 7 years ago partying with your favorite story NPCs, but now its just annoying. i.e. Luzaf was cool when they released him (dual wielded, has the coolest looking COR armor in the game, shoots, looks like a badass pirate), but for some reason doesn't use Rolls. Which is the point of COR. They ended up giving us Qultada, a scrubby looking Corsair with a frail looking sword that doesn't even do decent damage. Yes he uses rolls, but why didn't you just make Luzaf Qultada in the first place? just dumb. At least Luzaf uses Leaden Salute, but loldmg

They got carried away with the whole "party with your favorite NPCs!" thing instead of just offering practical options.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-12-03 13:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding the vanity aspect, funny how dozens of mounts are added almost regularly but there isnt a single difference in terms of performance.

Im still running with raptors on all my chars and mules, perfectly fine with this.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-03 13:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Not only is performance the exact same, your character doesn't animate any different across any of the mounts. They just gave you the standard "sit" or "stand" animation and locked it in place. Evn going up or down hills or terrain, you stay completely still and only your mount actually moves. Truly pathetic.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-03 14:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Another drum I've beat to death lol

Clearly the think tank in charge says cosmetics hold subs better than bug fixes, or balance fixes, or content, or gear, or storylines

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-12-03 14:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I'm honestly fine with a situation like Jakey said above- some RDMs are good for Haste, some for Flurry. One BRD always does double march and nothing else, no getting rid of my 2nd march for a cruddy NPC Paeon that isnt gonna save me anyways. And being able to turn on/off WS'ing alone would solve SO MUCH.

Luzaf trust sitting there like... dur dur dur. I wish he could use rolls.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-03 14:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Luzaf trust sitting there like... dur dur dur. I wish he could use rolls.

When my LS lets me go on Corsair and not roll, I'll consider Luzaf trust a COR.
First Page 2 3 ... 181 182 183 ... 424 425 426