First Page 2 3 ... 160 161 162 ... 428 429 430
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-20 11:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
They've been doing nothing but adding new/returning player friendly content for ages now. I think it's fair to want some stuff for the people who have been here for years that are starting to leave due to neglect. Players that aren't ready for that stuff yet are still tackling all the old content that's still out right now anyway.

Emp +2/+3 gear should solve that problem though.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-10-20 11:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Whether you think the massive gulf between players needs to be addressed or not is one thing (its far wider now than it ever has been before though), but if you start saying they need to increase the difficulty of content then you're kind of out of touch with reality. Especially since many who say this use all kinds of addons that the developers do not and cannot take into account when gauging difficulty.

You're downplaying how much power creep the gear we have available to us has undergone over the years and how strong the buffs we use are. While newer players and people with undergeared jobs will struggle to clear some content that's to be expected. The reason they struggle is because they don't have the best stuff yet. Once they get that stuff the content becomes vastly easier to clear. There's a huge difference between weaponskills averaging in the 15-20k range versus them averaging 40-70k, and yes that makes a difference. But the gear is available and with some effort they can attain that gear.

While addons and plugins can affect gameplay to an extent, the bulk of them are more quality of life changes and unless you're using something that can literally change game mechanics (like anchor or PoS hacks) then yes, the reason content has become easier over the years can be directly tied to player gear and buff progression. And contrary to what some may think, the amount of players who use those game changing addons are still the minority. The bulk of players rolling over content do it just because the content isn't hard enough to keep up with their gear quality nowadays.

What you're saying is literally "there's a big difference between newbie players and veterans who are fully geared with REMA's and everything BiS in all of their gear sets". Well no ***there's a difference...that's the whole point of striving to get BiS gear in the first place.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-20 11:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want easy to see examples of power creep, look at Relic +1 to Relic +2.

There is a huge *** difference on all jobs between that upgrade alone.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-10-20 11:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I eagerly await the ridiculous gear powercreep going from empy+1 to +2. XD
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-20 11:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I eagerly await the ridiculous gear powercreep going from empy+1 to +2. XD
I already know what PLD and RUN are going to get:

PLD - More Shield Mastery! Cause that's what PLDs are REALLY lacking, and not more shield skill or HP or Enmity decay - gear or whatnot.

RUN - PDT II -40%, cause *** PLD.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-10-20 11:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If you want easy to see examples of power creep, look at Relic +1 to Relic +2.

There is a huge *** difference on all jobs between that upgrade alone.

Or lillith gear....and considering the amount of stats you get from upgrading the +2 to the +3 on top of that it's a clear indication the power creep is real. You'd have to be blind to not see it everywhere you look.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-10-20 11:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
I didn't actually suggest welfare gear btw (many seem to think I did), I've quit previous games when they did that. I suggested a merit system to boost lesser geared players stats up a bit. but I'm not really sure if it's a good idea or not in reality.

A lot of the appeal of FFXI is from the prestige you feel from getting to the big leagues.

Aren't Job Points a Merit system? Why add a separate system to do the same thing as getting better gear? Getting better gear is usually more about grinding thru enough content than being particularly difficult. there are various levels of difficulty for ambuscade and HTMB's, its the same as leveling up more with merits. just time vs difficulty.

I actually have a mule that I decided to level up on jobs I don't have space to gear on my main. My mule hasn't caught up at all, but it has several jobs that are geared to be quite useful.

I would argue it is more important to make and use various gear sets than it is to have the best gear in each set.

If you do that, then you can gradually improve the gear in each of those sets until you have the best.

If you have sets made, then form a group, the rest follows naturally just by playing thru the content together.

If you add another merit system, or just more job points, that will be for everyone and just become the new standard like job points did.

As far as Prestige goes... I don't know what to say. I don't really feel it. I have BiS gear for several jobs. Mythics, Aeonics, Divergence gear etc. not all jobs are absolutely BiS but pretty darn close.
When I see other people's gear, if its all top tier stuff, It can tell me what content they have played thru. Its like looking at a resume maybe to help get an idea of what kinda player they might be. It matters alot more how well you can communicate, follow a plan and play your job efficiently than if you have absolutely BiS gear.

I don't think it would work as well on Asura though, because there is so much merc'ing over there. IF you want to look cool, make a unique and interesting lockstlye maybe?

IIRC the only gear that is rather job changing, tend to be Su4/5 weapons and mythics. To get either, you just need to grind quests solo, or grind gil. There is not so much a difficulty requirement. I got my first mythic solo grinding. It took maybe 3 months. that was before ambuscade.

The 'prestige' items will be things that are challenging to get. If you give things away, they will lose all 'prestige' anyway. Lockstyle Master Trial stuff for prestige. but there is no 'easy' button for prestige. They are mutually exclusive.
By Nariont 2020-10-20 11:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I eagerly await the ridiculous gear powercreep going from empy+1 to +2.

always seemed to me that unless they had a new tier level of content to roll out that empy would likely get the least improvements from +2/3 since the baseline was already decent compared to what af/relic+1's stats were, but if they want to go crazy with it, go for it.
By Felgarr 2020-10-20 12:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »

always seemed to me that unless they had a new tier level of content to roll out that empy would likely get the least improvements from +2/3 since the baseline was already decent compared to what af/relic+1's stats were, but if they want to go crazy with it, go for it.

I made this a while back to breakdown the WSD+% pieces for each job, by AF1, Relic and Ambuscade gear.

You'll notice that COR has a free WSD+10% in the feet slot (which no other job has. In doing so, SE is telling other jobs, they have to get a similarly augmented WSD piece via Dark Matter (if they cannot wear a similar WSD+7 piece from Ambuscade).

Along that same train of thought, COR is also the only job (aside from BRD), that gets a Dynamis SU5 weapon that is outside of it's main REMA arsenal (ranged weapon, i.e. Gun).

So, when you mention "power creep" for new content, take a look what SE gives to each job, and you'll be able to clearly identify who the intended Job-Winner when this new content is released.

Edit: (LOL @ PLD/RUN who don't get any JSE WSD gear)...but unexpectedly, BRD only gets 1 WSD+10 piece and it is relic+3.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-10-20 12:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu has af body and relic legs
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-10-20 12:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »

There are some empy sets that are just already so good, that any positive change to stats will still be great. RDM, RUN, etc.

There are other sets that I have... very low expectations for.(hi PLD...) But by all means SE, re-vamp the hell outta PLD empy. And nuke that garbage set bonus from orbit.

And since empyrean armor was always PLD's hybrid/dd set... maybe we'll actually get some WSD+10%? .... Pfft, who the eff am I kidding? SE doesn't want PLD doing dmg.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-20 12:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
He has that on his spreadsheet.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-20 12:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

if you start saying they need to increase the difficulty of content then you're kind of out of touch with reality

Odyssey is joke content.

Dyna-D was beaten week 1 and can now be beaten with 1/3 the allowed members.

Iroha BC was added 26 months ago, and beaten within a month.

Sealed Fate was added 41 months ago, and beaten over 3 years ago.

Look at how long it took to beat arch dynamis lord, legion, or delve1 after release. Abyssea wasn't hard, but look at the effort that went into mapping procs and the community talk it generated on release. We need new and difficult content, because that is what drives community engagement. We have not had any in literally years.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-10-20 12:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
He has that on his spreadsheet.

Thanks, mentioning BLU was a typo on my part.
By Nariont 2020-10-20 13:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some empy sets that are just already so good, that any positive change to stats will still be great. RDM, RUN, etc.

There are other sets that I have... very low expectations for.(hi PLD...) But by all means SE, re-vamp the hell outta PLD empy. And nuke that garbage set bonus from orbit.

And since empyrean armor was always PLD's hybrid/dd set... maybe we'll actually get some WSD+10%? .... Pfft, who the eff am I kidding? SE doesn't want PLD doing dmg.

Yeah, i primarily meant the melee sets when i said that and expect them to just up the base stat values to "proper" 119 and leave it at that, while other particular pieces/sets will maybe get a rework, as for JA boosts idk if theyll even touch those as a lot of the JA increases are already potent as it is, rather i think they might try to alter/increase the proc % of set bonuses instead.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-10-20 13:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They shouldn't be afraid to make empyrean +2 and +3 busted as all hell. I say go ham with the stats. Make the gear silly broken so that it puts everything we've got now to shame. Make the set bonuses so salivatingly good that owning just a few pieces won't feel like it's enough. And then make it take a lot of effort to get, with a bunch of farmed pop items and NM kills per piece against mobs that can't be soloed. And then make the monsters that guard the stuff truly challenging. Make it so we're required to use our hybrid sets and our lillith gear and our best buffs, and even then make it so that wipes could still happen. Give the body armor mobs bonkers stats and super strong moves and give the other armor piece mobs only slightly lower stats. That way we actually have to work to get the gear, and when we finally do it'll feel like an accomplishment and the reward will feel like it was worth the time. That's always been what drives people toward this game. The feeling of accomplishment you get when you overcome a challenge, and the rush you get from the accomanying power increase from the gear drops. If this is going to be their last major content release I say they make it a memorable one and go all out on the difficulty, and make the rewards unlike anything we've had up to this point. THAT would be a finale worth remembering.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2020-10-20 15:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
if you start saying they need to increase the difficulty of content then you're kind of out of touch with reality

Odyssey is joke content.

Dyna-D was beaten week 1 and can now be beaten with 1/3 the allowed members.

Iroha BC was added 26 months ago, and beaten within a month.

Sealed Fate was added 41 months ago, and beaten over 3 years ago.

Look at how long it took to beat arch dynamis lord, legion, or delve1 after release. Abyssea wasn't hard, but look at the effort that went into mapping procs and the community talk it generated on release. We need new and difficult content, because that is what drives community engagement. We have not had any in literally years.

Completely agree with everything said here. I’m probably in the minority on this, but I did find Dynamis-D to be a decent challenge, at least at first. Sure, 18 person alliances in top end linkshells loaded with RMEA cleared it relatively quickly, but it did take quite a bit of time for the average or above average player, especially since on many servers, many LSes didn’t have the manpower for 18 person runs, or even 12 person runs. And at least you got new relic reforge out of it with many worthwhile new best in slot pieces.

The gear growth has become incredibly stagnant though along with a paucity of any new challenging content since Dyna-D and the relic reforge that came with it.
[+]
By Rips 2020-10-20 15:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Memes said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Dyna-D can now be beaten with 1/3 the allowed members.
What? 6 characters can clear all 4 zones T3 bosses?

RUN RDM COR COR RNG GEO??

I would like to hear more about this low manning T3 setups for multibox purposes.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-10-20 15:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
You'll notice that COR has a free WSD+10% in the feet slot (which no other job has. In doing so, SE is telling other jobs, they have to get a similarly augmented WSD piece via Dark Matter (if they cannot wear a similar WSD+7 piece from Ambuscade).

Along that same train of thought, COR is also the only job (aside from BRD), that gets a Dynamis SU5 weapon that is outside of it's main REMA arsenal (ranged weapon, i.e. Gun).

Totally dont understand those 2 paragraphs.

COR is maybe only job with free 10%wsd on feet, but has no free WSD in legs and head, when some other jobs have. Completely dont understand the narrative that COR is a winner here? If anything, WAR and DRK are the winners. WAR has 10%WSD head and body and DRK 10%WSD legs and body. They have 7%WSD feet from Ambu and Odyssean hands have 2%WSD as base stat, so its possible to have up to 12% on them. On top of that Scythe DRK swims in WSD from SU3.

Now for 2nd paragraph. How is Su5 dagger for BRD not conflicting with it's REMA arsenal, when BRD has access to Twashtar, Carnwanhen and even Mandau XD
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-10-20 16:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
Completely agree with everything said here. I’m probably in the minority on this, but I did find Dynamis-D to be a decent challenge, at least at first. Sure, 18 person alliances in top end linkshells loaded with RMEA cleared it relatively quickly, but it did take quite a bit of time for the average or above average player, especially since on many servers, many LSes didn’t have the manpower for 18 person runs, or even 12 person runs. And at least you got new relic reforge out of it with many worthwhile new best in slot pieces.

The gear growth has become incredibly stagnant though along with a paucity of any new challenging content since Dyna-D and the relic reforge that came with it.

Less talk, more play!
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-10-20 16:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Now for 2nd paragraph. How is Su5 dagger for BRD not conflicting with it's REMA arsenal, when BRD has access to Twashtar, Carnwanhen and even Mandau XD
And Aeneas. BRD has a dagger for each type of REMA.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2020-10-20 16:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

JP player Xolla has a 6 man wave 3 video that was posted here before.
The most creative part of that strategy imo is wave 3, they melee the adds but leaden/trueflight the captain volte mobs so they don't have to worry as much about accuracy requirements when TPing and have higher overall output.
They also maximize usage of their complete arsenal, including skillchains with gambit and rayke spam through random deal/wild card on bosses.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-10-20 16:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Their setup was RUN COR RNG SCH RDM GEO

Since I know people will be too lazy to find it, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTV8lRVviEc
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-10-20 16:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
SimonSes said: »
And Aeneas. BRD has a dagger for each type of REMA.

Yeah, so many REMA daggers, that I even forgot to list one XD
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 160 161 162 ... 428 429 430