Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 145 146 147 ... 424 425 426
By ksoze 2020-07-01 03:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Everyone who posts on these forums
Everyone who does end-game and plays this game to mid/high levels
Everyone who you probably hang out with

I could go on a bit more. It's a distorted vision of the game's population.
To my big surprise apparently the people who are so casual they have to do Easy V2 are more than you can imagine, and they enjoy doing a different fight every month.
/shrug

Hey Sechs, you are right.
I'm generalising a bit here from my experience.
Sometimes it's hard to see this perspective so thanks.

I do wonder what the percentage is.

I mean v2 is a great addition, but grinding to a +1 body voucher is a b#
So at a certain point ppl rather do v1 i can imagine.

I guess my real question is, why are they creating new v2 content and not v1.
My assumption is that v1 is being used more.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-01 03:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Not like I would define the regular monsters on the 7th floor of Sheol A "strong".
They have low evasion from what I recall.
They sure do hit pretty hard though...
By Pantafernando 2020-07-01 03:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD next job update

- Now PLD can equip Yagrush.
[+]
By ksoze 2020-07-01 03:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
PLD next job update

- Now PLD can equip Yagrush.

"gather for buffs"

update notes:
We've added more utility to pld so people can enjoy the job in different ways now. Sometimes as a pld you don't want to be on the front line and that's why we've added multiple cure potency adjustments so you can now utilize pld as a main healer and play it as a backend job. The new enmity - job ability will also be a great addition. We welcome your feedback and adjust the job further the coming months.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-01 03:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »
I do wonder what the percentage is.
We've all been wondering that through the years.
You always get the impression such population is almost non existant because they don't post here on forums, they don't shout, they mostly play solo or with 1-2 friends and basically it feels like they don't even exist.

Given how SE has of course access to much better server statistics than we do and given how they keep throwing such players a bone every now and then, I'd dare to say that while possibly a minority, they're not a negligible one but a pretty consistant one.

Quote:
I guess my real question is, why are they creating new v2 content and not v1.
V2 fights are tipically (with some exceptions?) simpler/straightforward and appearently they decided that Ambu V2 is the content they want to do for that specific player audience, together with seasonal events and stuff like that which is also tipically aimed at those type of players.

To be completely honest we have so many V1 fights on rotation that I don't really feel like there's space for us to complain.
I mean, subjective matter, but personally for now I feel satisfied.
Now if we were talking about the same 5-6 V1 fights rotating it would be a different story of course.
[+]
By Wotasu 2020-07-01 03:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

V1 is beastmen, and those are limited amount of.
V2 is mob in general and those are a plethora of.
Now otherworldly skirmish? Is that a bad translation for Alluvion?
By ksoze 2020-07-01 03:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Wotasu said: »
V1 is beastmen, and those are limited amount of.
V2 is mob in general and those are a plethora of.

Yes, good one.

I see v1 getting into nm territory in the future, or maybe they name it v3 ish.

You know what also be really cool, a Battle Square type of thing from FF7 or monster arena from FFX
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-07-01 10:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That protect change seems pretty sketch... They could have just given that to protect in general to make it line up more with Shell.

I don't know why they keep dancing around just giving PLD foil and/or a better tagging spell than Banishga. Well, at least they actually gave PLD Banishga I guess but really it's like they're intentionally ignoring the major point people bring up about PLD.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-07-01 10:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone working on an ambu thread in the new format?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-01 11:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

ashcrow said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Looks like moogle mastery will extend to sheol b.
so if i am moogle Mastery V i can do do sheol b

We don't know what the entry requirements are, but Moogle Mastery level has nothing to do with entry into Odyssey from what information they gave us in the past. It is intended to improve trusts for solo players, but the likelihood of it having any gated effect on the new zone is unlikely. Odyssey is supposed to be friendly daily content everyone can enjoy, and it would suck if it required MM10 to enter the new zone. (But I got my levels ready just in case SE decides to finesse and go that route).

What I was referring to was that your current MM levels appear to roll over to the new zone, based on their comments regarding it. Which is good. My original assumption would have been that MM extends to new zone, and you can build it even higher there (possibly to say 30), then the subsequent zones you could hit an even higher cap (say 50). This would be designed well IMO because it would give daily grinders incentive to doing it, as they could clear harder content easier solo, while groups suffer nothing from not leveling it up at all.
By Aerix 2020-07-01 11:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to keep people's expectations in check regarding the three bullet points in the announcement:

・Add new job traits -> new trait that enhances Protect cast by PLD
・Adjust certain job abilities -> adjust Majesty to make Protect AoE in specific circumstances
・Adjust certain spells -> buff Reprisal

Two major changes and one smaller one, as promised by Matsui. Don't expect anything more than that.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-01 11:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Just to keep people's expectations in check regarding the three bullet points in the announcement:

・Add new job traits -> new trait that enhances Protect cast by PLD
・Adjust certain job abilities -> adjust Majesty to make Protect AoE in specific circumstances
・Adjust certain spells -> buff Reprisal

Two major changes and one smaller one, as promised by Matsui. Don't expect anything more than that.

Ok

Just where is the two “major” changes you mentioned?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-01 11:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Adjust certain job abilities -> adjust Majesty to make Protect AoE in specific circumstances
We don't even know that for sure.

As far as we know, it could be a new JA.
 Asura.Melonlord
user: MelonLord
By Asura.Melonlord 2020-07-01 11:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be nice if Paladin's Protectra had an enmity- effect on party members. I've been in omen/dyna runs that utilized Adventurer's Dirge and the effects were noticeable. It could help level the playing field in enmity generation between RUN and PLD, since PLD DPS in non-existent.
By Aerix 2020-07-01 12:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok

Just where is the two “major” changes you mentioned?

I know you're being sarcastic, but at this point anything PLD gets is "major", no matter how small.

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
We don't even know that for sure.

As far as we know, it could be a new JA.

We kinda do. For the past couple of years SE has typically included whatever they're adjusting in the VU announcement screenshot.

In this case it's a screenshot of Majesty, which is the only thing Matsui didn't mention directly. But as it's the only JA PLD has that makes spells AoE it stands to reason it would also be what will make Protect AoE.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-01 13:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody want to take a guess at how they "adjust" Reprisal? My wild guess is they supercharge the blocked return damage to be like Enspell comparable from a RDM. Would be funny watching PLD return tens of thousands of damage in spikes from block
By SimonSes 2020-07-01 13:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody want to take a guess at how they "adjust" Reprisal? My wild guess is they supercharge the blocked return damage to be like Enspell comparable from a RDM. Would be funny watching PLD return tens of thousands of damage in spikes from block

You know Reprisal's duration is actually connected with max damage it can make? With such change you will return damage from one attack and you will see "Reprisal effect wears off" :P

Of course they could remove the cap and change how duration works, but sphagetti code :P
By Pantafernando 2020-07-01 14:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The dev notes says just that reprisal will make PLD block more against high lv targets
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-01 14:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

You know Reprisal's duration is actually connected with max damage it can make? With such change you will return damage from one attack and you will see "Reprisal effect wears off" :P

Of course they could remove the cap and change how duration works, but sphagetti code :P

"Adjust Certain Spells" could mean anything: change its behavior entirely, increase the cap, remove the cap, add MP Samba affect, etc.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-01 14:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The dev notes says just that reprisal will make PLD block more against high lv targets

Touche, i skipped past that part and read the box below. thanks
By Pantafernando 2020-07-07 06:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Next login campaign 1500 points category bleed my eyes.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-07-07 06:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone post on the official forums to demand an Aby Empy item login campaign?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-07 06:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point, maybe they just removed this item entirely from the login pool selection.
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2020-07-07 07:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Get ready for another disappointment. Just another drop that they are trying to squeeze out of this raisin of a game.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-07-07 09:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Can someone post on the official forums to demand an Aby Empy item login campaign?

Someone please request the Pupil gear to return to the Login campaign! I missed them and have not seen them since.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Pupil%27s_Camisa

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Pupil%27s_Shirt

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Pupil%27s_Shoes

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Pupil%27s_Trousers
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-07 09:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Offer a couple of golden pass. Reddit discord has a section just for this thing.

I have a couple of green kupons on chars, i didnt know they were that rare. Im glad i didnt toss them
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-07-07 11:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »

Someone please request the Pupil gear to return to the Login campaign! I missed them and have not seen them since.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Pupil%27s_Camisa

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Pupil%27s_Shirt

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Pupil%27s_Shoes

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Pupil%27s_Trousers

If it makes you feel better, I too want that lockstyle on my Cat.
Pupil is better than maid.

Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-07 11:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Erg ffs, when they gonna toss out a costume all jobs GS.... Only one I am missing. How many 1 damage f*cking GKs do they need to keep shitting out. Rrrrraaaaaaaggggggggeeeeeeee
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-07-07 12:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Erg ffs, when they gonna toss out a costume all jobs GS.... Only one I am missing. How many 1 damage f*cking GKs do they need to keep shitting out. Rrrrraaaaaaaggggggggeeeeeeee

There are four in the game already, they're just not readily available. Maybe they'll toss in the Mamool Ja one (Ophidian Sword) into Ambuscade this month, unless they had a Qiqirn weapon I'm forgetting.

Otherwise, you can hope for the Shadowlord BC event for Lament, rank 4 Bonanza win for Brave Blade II, or do Master Trials.
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2020-07-07 12:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Lament

I think this event runs through August? so you can get your GS then!
First Page 2 3 ... 145 146 147 ... 424 425 426