Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 447 448 449
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2018-01-09 20:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean even if you were to take it a step further and take all means of SP reduction out of the game, it doesn't change the fact that everyone suddenly has to wait an hour tops between kills. HELM are wiped out in 6 hours instead of 2. The problem persists.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-09 21:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
I mean even if you were to take it a step further and take all means of SP reduction out of the game, it doesn't change the fact that everyone suddenly has to wait an hour tops between kills. HELM are wiped out in 6 hours instead of 2. The problem persists.

It would be much less enticing though, revits really shouldn't exist if we're being honest

It's not a solution, just an enabler
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-09 21:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Revitalizers came into existence first with the advent of ballista. But removing that from the game won't change much because wild card exists. You're introducing a non issue here

People would just go back to the days of NNI when we used Armies of COR mules to reset the SCH's SP's. Mule A WC's, if fail then Mule A changes to a non-COR job and Mule B WC's, rinse and repeat. I remember people paying 100K for COR's to come and pop WC to attempt to restore the SCH and various COR mules SP's.
By Quizzy 2018-01-09 22:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

People would just go back to the days of NNI when we used Armies of COR mules to reset the SCH's SP's. Mule A WC's, if fail then Mule A changes to a non-COR job and Mule B WC's, rinse and repeat. I remember people paying 100K for COR's to come and pop WC to attempt to restore the SCH and various COR mules SP's.

Oh look a wild troll appears.

Quizzy use's Troll-be-gone, it's super effective!

On another note.

I don't like the idea of getting rid of revitalizers. They were not accidentally added.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-09 22:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, they were created initially for ballista games that were major blowouts, Revitalizers at the time served a very vital purpose to making a "comeback" in a match. Back then the SP1 was 2 hours. Now, it's as little as 45 minutes. They make very easy monsters in abyssea drop revits. You can gain one as a temp item in MMM, both which are (and at the time) were pretty easy content. At this point in the game, revitalizers may enable easy cheesy spam methods, but as Saevel pointed out, the community was already finding ways around the 2hr cooldown.

Would you rather them shout day and night for a corsair reset for wc? There's no difference. It wouldn't discourage the cheese setups any more than what is already being done. Stop it.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-09 22:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

He's not wrong though. People did used to pay for mules to WC.
By Jetackuu 2018-01-09 22:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
fonewear said: »
Judging by this thread I'm not sure anyone on FFXIAH is capable of handling the real world.
Graphics are pretty good but game play is mediocre and way too much grinding and it's always on hardcore mode
Respawn is locked and they GM you when you try to MPK others. Environment can drain HP and stamina, sidequests are as ultimately as mundane and pointless as the main story.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-09 23:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
clearlyamule said: »
fonewear said: »
Judging by this thread I'm not sure anyone on FFXIAH is capable of handling the real world.
Graphics are pretty good but game play is mediocre and way too much grinding and it's always on hardcore mode
Respawn is locked and they GM you when you try to MPK others. Environment can drain HP and stamina, sidequests are as ultimately as mundane and pointless as the main story.
I hear it still has a jp button though
[+]
By Afania 2018-01-10 01:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaotik said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Some of us have always wanted that AG'ed WAR, because it means there's a place for their BRD friend, a good WHM acquaintance, and another spectacular DD, in addition to the GEO, COR, and TANK that your SMN burn needs. Enjoy your SMN, and believe it or not most of us still want SMN to be a viable job, just not a win-button job.

And pretty sure I've seen Comeatmebro point out multiple times the in-game financial commitment that SMN requires is pittance compared to gearing a DD...I know if I see an appropriately geared melee with the various sets you need to function in today's world of HELM/etc (TP/high acc/high haste/DT/multiple WS sets to name a few)they have taken the time and truly care about the job. An AC-burn SMN can be geared effectively with a fraction of the sets, and I look at them like I look at people with a roll-only COR on their main- its just working with a fraction of the job's capability to abuse a mechanic, rather than developing the job and getting the most out of it. Only difference is what that half-assing SMN results in- burning down a vast majority of the remaining endgame content in under 2 minutes.

You're missing my entire point. These fights need to be about completing the specific facets of each mob, not about changing which job kills it quickest. For example, my group completely destroys Albumen as PLD (or RUN) GEO BRD WAR SAM WHM. We kill it before the second round of adds spawn most of the time. WoC can be done the same way, you just try and kill it before it Benes.

Do you think that is how SE wanted these NM's dealt with? Rush to kill it so you don't have to deal with any of the challenging aspects of the fight? Replacing SMN with WAR changes nothing (and rest assured that's what it would be, why would a PUG take any other DD when they can just shout and find an AG WAR the same way they shout for Nir SMN), when an AG War averages double the WS dmg than an AG Sam. And good luck getting any thfs, dncs, blus, nins, etc involved when they get completely outshone.

They can nerf smn in to the ground and literally not change a thing because the fights will be handled the same exact way 90% of the time, kill it fast enough so that you don't have to deal with it.

1) I agree that FFXI is mostly a dps check game but Im not convinced that AG war would do 2x more DPS than another equally geared DD to the point to exclude them completely.

Looking at spreadsheet Mont+1 war with flamma +2 head, 4 pieces of QA+3 gear for tp and 4 pieces of 10 STR 5 critical hit dmg augments gets 41k ws avg if every single JA active including MS, with total dps of 11.7k if DA/SAM roll are both active.

Last time I checked SAM thread with sim 30k ws avg is totally doable Without yaegasumi, add yaegasumi it should be even higher. Also lionheart run avg 40k ws avg and 9k dps if getting same buff as war including warcry.

Ejiin also has a 5 man woc video shows war parsed 55% v.s drk 44%, in a fight that does not favor drk offensive JA use as much.

My point is, war is strong but not to the point to totally trash other DD and they certainly don't do double amount of dps of another top end DD, let alone triple dmg.

2) Additionally, Even if WAR gets a bit more dps in zergs, their setup dont exclude other DD. You can make a pt of WAR DRK RUN and they can all DD together with the same buffs, sometimes they even get benefit from other job JA, such as MG, One for all, warcry, circles. Try to add a melee in SMN setup and now you have to accommodate buffs for melee and they still do way less damage.

Basically, AC setup excludes other melee jobs more than warrior. There are more reasons to bring a not-war job in a melee setup, but less reason to bring a not-smn job in a SMN AC setup.

Personally, I have never notice drastic difficulty decrease nor kill speed increase by inviting a top end war over another top end melee.

Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Nerfing SMN at this point is not going to get more players playing, it'll do the reverse because unilaterally taking things away always gets people's backs up.

Take away conduit burns and those who've already used it will still retain every advantage from doing so, "pulling the ladder-up" after they've had their fun is just a giant FU to latecomers or hold-outs.

If our technology being taken away and we go back to cave era, will human extinct because we no longer know how to live a lifestyle exist 5000 years ago?

We'll live just fine.

All the people that I know of who couldn't do T4 pre SMN era enjoyed the game just fine without T4 kills, it's not very convincing to claim they'd rage quit without AC.

Even if you do quit you are probably the minority. There are 22 jobs, SMN is just 1 out of 22. There are more than 11 DD jobs that don't fit in pet setup, and melee DD are always more popular in FFXI. Saying majority of population will be unhappy with SMN nerf and quit is quite an assumption.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-01-10 05:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I also agree that in reality it would result in people using just WARs.

I have never seen anyone building melee pt strictly invite war only. I've seen people refuse weaker 1h like NIN BLU or MNK but not the point that even Sam and drk are rejected.

But SMN pt is pretty much SMN only, with room to invite none Nirvanas but it's still the same job.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-01-10 05:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

For those claiming SMNs only team up with summoners:

YouTube Video Placeholder

1:20 onward, WAR X2 SMN X3 GEO + external cor/brd buffs where applicable, from now on dont say people dont like mixing things up, say "in my server, summoners dont like changing things up" mentality (and please dont come with "but the summoners did more!" bs, deal with it until its nerfed)

Moving on!
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-01-10 06:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

in other news, Nirvana surpassed Tizona here to become 3rd most frequent Mythic. Still 100 shy from Turkeyleg and 250 shy from Burt.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2018-01-10 08:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Save the Queen II!! *squirm*
 Asura.Kaotik
user: Kaotic
By Asura.Kaotik 2018-01-10 09:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

I have never seen anyone building melee pt strictly invite war only. I've seen people refuse weaker 1h like NIN BLU or MNK but not the point that even Sam and drk are rejected.

But SMN pt is pretty much SMN only, with room to invite none Nirvanas but it's still the same job.

I mean right now sure, but it's just the way this game evolves, its a matter of abundance. How many Nirvana SMN did you see running around before this method came out? Sure there were some, but you also still had people doing it the old way because they didn't have access to the required damage. Now it's exploded to the point that on Asura you basically only see shouts asking for Nirvana, even for stuff as silly as T3s sometimes.

Hypothetically lets say SE completely changes SMN to the point it isn't a viable zerg strat. All of a sudden you see melee groups start to pop up, whats going to happen when people see that AG War (which an AG rag can be made for what, 90m?, versus the ~150ish of Nirvana, excluding other gear ofc) parses 10-15% better than the closest other jobs. You might get some diversity at first but eventually people will want the best chance to clear, i.e. highest damage.

The point is, there is always going to be one strategy that is superior to others. You will never have SC+MB = SMN AC = Melee = RNG on the same NMs, just not going to happen. Nerf smn, they'll never be used again and melee will rise, nerf melee and SC+MB will come back.

The only thing I could see is if they revisited the proc system and made it so that you have to do x, y & z before the mob is able to take substantial damage, and require various jobs to perform those.
By fonewear 2018-01-10 09:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

We established that the January update is the greatest of all time.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-01-10 09:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like what you like.

Rage.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-10 09:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
I don't like what you like.

Rage.

Pretty much every internet argument ever.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-10 09:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaotik said: »
Afania said: »

I mean right now sure, but it's just the way this game evolves, its a matter of abundance. How many Nirvana SMN did you see running around before this method came out? Sure there were some, but you also still had people doing it the old way because they didn't have access to the required damage. Now it's exploded to the point that on Asura you basically only see shouts asking for Nirvana, even for stuff as silly as T3s sometimes.

Hypothetically lets say SE completely changes SMN to the point it isn't a viable zerg strat. All of a sudden you see melee groups start to pop up, whats going to happen when people see that AG War (which an AG rag can be made for what, 90m?, versus the ~150ish of Nirvana, excluding other gear ofc) parses 10-15% better than the closest other jobs. You might get some diversity at first but eventually people will want the best chance to clear, i.e. highest damage.

The point is, there is always going to be one strategy that is superior to others. You will never have SC+MB = SMN AC = Melee = RNG on the same NMs, just not going to happen. Nerf smn, they'll never be used again and melee will rise, nerf melee and SC+MB will come back.

The only thing I could see is if they revisited the proc system and made it so that you have to do x, y & z before the mob is able to take substantial damage, and require various jobs to perform those.

Let's say they don't do anything which is more likely. Then all the if's and but's in the world won't amount to a hill of beans. Page after page of if's maybe it is best to wait till something actually happens to discuss it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-01-10 13:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
1:20 onward, WAR X2 SMN X3 GEO + external cor/brd buffs where applicable, from now on dont say people dont like mixing things up, say "in my server, summoners dont like changing things up" mentality (and please dont come with "but the summoners did more!" bs, deal with it until its nerfed)

Moving on!
You need external BRD buffs for that, so you're adding extra people who don't get credit just so wars can do an insignificant amount of damage to a mob that would've died during conduit anyway. The reality is that SMN strat doesn't mesh with melee DPS, and your example is barely better than carrying a buyer who happens to be sitting on WAR.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-01-10 13:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

Moving on!
You need external BRD buffs for that, so you're adding extra people who don't get credit just so wars can do an insignificant amount of damage to a mob that would've died during conduit anyway. The reality is that SMN strat doesn't mesh with melee DPS, and your example is barely better than carrying a buyer who happens to be sitting on WAR.

Sure but in my example and it was 1 of many times a mixed setup that happened, there was a mix of zerg jobs vs XX enemy and about brd, there's mules for that and we didnt made aeonics for those anyway, they get in > SV sing > out.

I still remember having a kkk pup tanking the siren or koryu with a pld co-tank for hate resets and adds holding, its all about mixing jobs that people have and of course enjoy it.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2018-01-10 13:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You seem to be missing the point. When the SMN would have killed it before Conduit wore off anyway, the WARs are effectively leeching. That's not a "mixed" strategy, it's a carry
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-01-10 14:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You seem to be missing the point. When the SMN would have killed it before Conduit wore off anyway, the WARs are effectively leeching. That's not a "mixed" strategy, it's a carry

Everyone needed the clear and ppl brought what they wanted to play at that time, carry (for me) is when XX person leaves his/her char 40" yalms from the NMs and go do other stuff.

Not gonna go deeper on this, each person will have different points of view.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-10 14:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone needed the clear and ppl brought what they wanted to play at that time, carry (for me) is when XX person leaves his/her char 40" yalms from the NMs and go do other stuff.

Not gonna go deeper on this, each person will have different points of view.
Going 40" away is flat out leeching. Point of this is yes they did do something but it wouldn't have made a difference if they had straight up sat back... it might have actually made it less risky lol
[+]
By Afania 2018-01-10 21:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if it's not "leeching" because of personal pov or w/e, it doesn't change the fact that melee DD does not have good synergy with SMN, and parse far lower.

SAM DRG DRK have circles, cor has rolls, run has odyllic and one for all, war has warcry, blu has mg, MNK has mantra, DNC has samba, THF can do enmity control and all these jobs use same buffs and their dps isn't THAT different unless you are comparing MG WAR v.s MNK.

They all have better pt synergy with each other than putting a melee in SMN pt.

Personally I'm totally OK with 10% to 20% below perfectly augmented MS WAR on parse and provide additional benefits to pt. A 10% dmg gap is easily made up with gear, playstyle and luck anyways. Some people really exaggerated the importance of such small gap.

In spammable content like ambu MS isn't even worth resetting, unlike SMN setup in VD last month.

I'm not OK with sitting there watching SMN spam same move over and over and do 4x more dmg, there are absolutely zero chance of getting close to their dmg.

I don't care about efficiency, personally. I don't merc aeonic nor I need aeonic for jobs that I don't care, nor I struggle to make progress on my character to clear content. I gain absolutely nothing from more efficiency by doing SMN setup. The only motivation for me to do endgame in ffxi is to refine sets and parse against other DD on my career job just to see if I can keep up with them and prove the jobs worth in endgame community.

As soon as someone wants to SMN my only reason to play this game gets killed immediately, since the opportunity was taken away. Had SMN do 10% of another melee in a mixed setup instead of 300%+, I would be totally OK with that, even if that benefits most player and allow them kill the hardest content.

But as it stands, in a mixed setup melee has no weight when they do 1/4 dmg of SMN.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-10 21:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways, I do wonder why they mysteriously skipped a month with Dynamis. They didn't speak about it beforehand so it wasn't to be expected specifically. Just hope they don't continue this trend of randomly dropping a zone for months at a time. It appeared they would release each dynamis monthly, but that's not the case anymore.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-01-10 21:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They skipped a month likely because it was during the holidays and they gave their staff a break. We'll probably see Windurst next month.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-10 21:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I'm more surprised they did a 2nd zone as fast as they did. I expected more like a full year to roll out all the zones to upgrade our relics
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-11 01:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually think all 4 initial zones are pretty much "complete", they're just releasing them one by one in an attempt to further water/gate the content.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 447 448 449