2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 447 448 449
By Quizzy 2018-01-09 12:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The real world is also a multiplayer game, and lots of people are able to make more money than me, but I don't try to "nerf" them.

And don't pretend like the real world is balanced!
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-09 12:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The real world does not have an omnipotent overseer that can encourage or enforce fairness.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-01-09 12:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quizzy said: »
The real world is also a multiplayer game, and lots of people are able to make more money than me, but I don't try to "nerf" them.

Ppl in the real world are constantly complaining for smn nerfs.
[+]
 Asura.Shyara
user: faelyn
By Asura.Shyara 2018-01-09 12:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

the real cause of the summoner bandwagon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbuncle : A carbuncle is a cluster of boils caused by bacterial infection, most commonly with Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus pyogenes.[1] The presence of a carbuncle is actually a sign that the immune system is active and fighting the infection responsible for the carbuncle.[2] The infection is contagious and may spread to other areas of the body, or other people; those living in the same residence may develop carbuncles at the same time.[3]

its contagious... everything makes sense now
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-09 12:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't throw a party of lawyers at everything in the real world despite what they might tell you
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-01-09 13:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Well to be honest, why would anyone choose the hard way? most of the time is because they dont have a summoner army to do stuff the easier way.

We have a group of people that likes to do it without using SMN's but that's only because we have people who actually enjoy playing instead of just collecting shiny trophies.

But the problem here comes down to you or the people that think like you that think playing smn (or pets jobs for the matter, i still remember the witch hunts against bst) dont enjoy the game somehow.

I can play the game as a frontline DD, support or a pet class and enjoy the game the same way, smn happens to have a wild card with AC burn for some events but that's it and im cool with people wanting to do things melee style, pet or magic burst but this witch hunt against people using XX strat is getting old.

In my case for example, after the third aeonic i was pretty much done but i stuck with the people i was doing it with because i enjoyed my time with them regardless of MB strat, melee or AC, when you are cool with your static that's when you enjoy the game.

And dont forget this game is about progress and collect "shinies" or else these people you mention that "enjoy playing" will be playing on 1 of those pirate servers with lv75 cap.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-09 13:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Judging by this thread I'm not sure anyone on FFXIAH is capable of handling the real world.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-09 14:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Judging by this thread I'm not sure anyone on FFXIAH is capable of handling the real world.
Graphics are pretty good but game play is mediocre and way too much grinding and it's always on hardcore mode
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-01-09 14:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I can play the game as a frontline DD, support or a pet class and enjoy the game the same way, smn happens to have a wild card with AC burn for some events but that's it and im cool with people wanting to do things melee style, pet or magic burst but this witch hunt against people using XX strat is getting old.
That's cool.

But SMN strats are still vastly more efficient in every conceivable manner.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-09 15:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

But the problem here comes down to you or the people that think like you that think playing smn (or pets jobs for the matter, i still remember the witch hunts against bst) dont enjoy the game somehow.

This is lol worthy.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2018-01-09 15:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Get in loser, we're going witch-hunting.
[+]
By Davorin 2018-01-09 15:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure why I expected there to be an actual dev post or discussion in here.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-09 15:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »
I'm not sure why I expected there to be an actual dev post or discussion in here.
Here's an exciting one!
Matsui said:
When I think about Vana’diel’s canines, two come to mind: Fenrir and Carbuncle. The community team asked me several times if Carbuncle is a dog, and I’m sticking to my guns on this one.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-09 15:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean there was, go back 4 pages.
By fonewear 2018-01-09 16:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the official forums were bad then I read this thread.
By fonewear 2018-01-09 16:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Why doesn't SE just delete summoner from the game. Then you will solve all future FFXI threads.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-09 16:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the official forums were bad then I read this thread.
You missed the part of the OF where a guy claimed the player base has no idea how the game calculates anything and that's why all ffxi math is wrong and a singe parses are 100% accurate way of judge jobs. Admits that other forums don't put up with those shenanigans. Then cried for mods to moderate people that tell him he's wrong because he feels attacked
 Odin.Nightsx
Server: Odin
user: Nightsx
By Odin.Nightsx 2018-01-09 17:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Login campaign this month:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/login/login55.html

Abyssea proc items are back for 300 points (AA items), good buy. Detector mount. Also 1500 category will help with the cost of relic reforges.

How do you go about procing with these weapons? Just sub /war?
By clearlyamule 2018-01-09 18:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on the main job but yes the idea is having a main and sub to cover more stuff and using merits and even s+kill equip if necessary
By fonewear 2018-01-09 19:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember when this was about Dev Discussions...me either.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-09 19:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That's because everyone completely glossed over the fact that the devs think the radioactive squirrel is a doggo! Like wtf japan
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-01-09 19:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That’s what I’m sayin also. This thread got split up and the mods asked folks to take this discussion to the smn forum. Leave this one for Dev info.

I love y’all but this convo continuing to be in this thread gets under my skin.

Don’t get me wrong it’s a great conversation to have. But cmon folks, please keep this where it belongs.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-01-09 19:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
That's because everyone completely glossed over the fact that the devs think the radioactive squirrel is a doggo! Like wtf japan

Now now, it's not the devs, JUST Matsui, lol.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-09 19:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
clearlyamule said: »

Now now, it's not the devs, JUST Matsui, lol.
Fair enough. I forgot how much of a troll he can be mostly because he's usually trolling the people he works with

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-09 20:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Implying people that do this don't have cor unlocked on all their mules
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2018-01-09 20:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
All they have to do is remove this from the game:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Revitalizer

It should not be there to begin with, the whole point of limiting your most powerful abilities to 1 hour use is to make sure people aren't overpowered. Revitalizers negate the timers.

So they have to wait anywhere from 1 hour to 45 minutes to kill things they otherwise wouldn't be able to? That's still the lesser part of a day to wipe out the "challenging" Eschan NMs
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-09 20:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Revitalizers came into existence first with the advent of ballista. But removing that from the game won't change much because wild card exists. You're introducing a non issue here
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 447 448 449