Random Politics & Religion #24

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #24
Random Politics & Religion #24
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 79 80 81
By eliroo 2017-06-09 09:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Wrong, and wrong.

Or are you going to say that your "definition" of perjury trumps the legal definition of perjury?

The definitions you posted are the same thing but using legal terms. You serious right now?

Quote:
Thousands yearly. Unfortunately, there is no separate reporting for non-violent crime on the FBI database. But to say it's nearly impossible to prove Perjury is saying that it's nearly impossible to breath.

Context is a thing breitbart. I meant it is impossible prove Perjury in Comey's statement.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-09 09:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
“Muslims do not simply have a deficient theology. They do not know God because they have rejected Jesus Christ his Son, and they stand condemned.”
Just because it's part of your beliefs doesn't mean the above statement isn't bigoted.
So, Article VI doesn't exist in your reality? Or does it exist only when you want it to?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-09 09:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

And by you, I don't specifically mean you, KN.
Doesn't matter. We attack each other all the time so often that it just loses meaning.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-09 09:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a religious test. More of a *** test.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-09 09:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Wrong, and wrong.

Or are you going to say that your "definition" of perjury trumps the legal definition of perjury?

The definitions you posted are the same thing but using legal terms. You serious right now?
Except, you know, you say he didn't commit perjury because, you know, he wasn't "aware" of the memo, even though he really was.

I meant it is impossible prove Perjury in Comey's statement.
No, not really.

He is fully aware of the memo, and he is fully aware that he was under oath when he stated that he wasn't "aware" of the memo.

If any Senator is brave enough to press charges, Comey has no legal chance.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-09 09:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you're not religious but you like to hang off the side of the persecution train.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-09 09:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you're not religious but you like to hang off the side of the persecution train.
/plays the world's smallest violin for Pleebo.

Wait, what's that about being persecuted?
[+]
By Nausi 2017-06-09 09:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh Pleebo it's still too early for the "victimization at the hands of Christians" card.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-09 09:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a religious test. More of a *** test.
He just stated that Christians shouldn't hold office.

The amount of stretching is amazing. I swear, are you two trying to outdo each other or something?
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-09 09:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Except, you know, you say he didn't commit perjury because, you know, he wasn't "aware" of the memo, even though he really was.

You have no idea what the word aware means do you?

Let's say that me and you go out to eat and you tell me "I think Comey committed Perjury" at one point. We talk about other things and then go home. The next day Pleebo is talking to me and asks me "Did KN say that Comey committed Perjury?" and at the time I couldn't recall that statement. Instead of saying "No", I simply state "Not that I'm aware of" because I truthfully can't recall that.

So am I wrong or lying in this situation or did I just forget?

It is that simple. You are either being coy or you are incredibly unaware.
By Nausi 2017-06-09 09:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be either, but you don't need to actually be lying to be convicted of perjury.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-09 09:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep stretching eliroo.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-09 10:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Could be either, but you don't need to actually be lying to be convicted of perjury.
Actually....that's a core tenant.

You have to:

1) Take an oath to tell the truth, and nothing but the truth
2) Lie
3) Willfully lie (to protect those who lie without knowing they lied)
4) Materially lie (to protect those who willfully lie on subjects not associated with the testimony)

Comey was asked a specific question: Was there a memo issued to explain the boundaries of Session's recusial.

He committed perjury by:

1) He took the oath.
2) He lied and said he didn't know about a memo, when one was issued and proven he received and read said memo.
3) He willfully lied by stating that there wasn't a memo to protect another aspect of his testimony (regarding Trump and why he didn't automatically go to Sessions or anyone else for being "influenced" in the Flynn investigation)
4) He materially lied by hiding the fact that he didn't "receive the memo." Again, to protect himself earlier on in his testimony.

This is a slam dunk of a perjury case.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-06-09 10:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The presidentcan direct the FBI as he pleases.

Quote:
Comey confirmed that under our Constitution, the president has the authority to direct the FBI to stop investigating any individual. I paraphrase, because the transcript is not yet available: the president can, in theory, decide who to investigate, who to stop investigating, who to prosecute and who not to prosecute. The president is the head of the unified executive branch of government, and the Justice Department and the FBI work under him and he may order them to do what he wishes.

As a matter of law, Comey is 100 percent correct. As I have long argued, and as Comey confirmed in his written statement, our history shows that many presidents—from Adams to Jefferson, to Lincoln, to Roosevelt, to Kennedy, to Bush 1, and to Obama – have directed the Justice Department with regard to ongoing investigations. The history is clear, the precedents are clear, the constitutional structure is clear, and common sense is clear./quote]

No matter how you cut it, even if "hope" was a secret code for Comey to act in a certain way (which it wasn't), Trump didn't break any laws by doing so. It's absurd to think he would HAVE to. He doesn't have to beat around the bush, wink his eyes and jab his subject with his elbow. He has the authority to say "stop".

What is the argument here? That Trump didn't want to come out and just say it because then Comey could then expose him? Oh wait...
By Nausi 2017-06-09 10:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh how I long for that edit button...
By eliroo 2017-06-09 10:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to be lying for it to Perjury... That is in the definition. Even the legal definition.

Quote:
Keep stretching eliroo.

I like how you have been proven wrong multiple times and this is your only defense.

Quote:
You have to:

2) Lie
4) Materially lie (to protect those who willfully lie on subjects not associated with the testimony)

He did neither of those. You cannot prove that when he answered the question he was aware of that memo. This is where you a wrong, and right now being a total idiot.
By Nausi 2017-06-09 10:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You cannot prove
One does not have to be a proven liar in order to be convicted of perjury.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-09 10:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

“Muslims do not simply have a deficient theology. They do not know God because they have rejected Jesus Christ his Son, and they stand condemned.”
Just because it's part of your beliefs doesn't mean the above statement isn't bigoted.
So, Article VI doesn't exist in your reality? Or does it exist only when you want it to?

If its not useful to their immediate needs then it doesn't exist. If at some future date it becomes useful then it does exist then. This also applies to history, science, technology and all forms of government.

But yeah the Dems went into this with a "We're going to Impeach Trump!!!" and they came out with a huge *** nothing. The left media is going nuclear and rearranging / redefining words to make it look like the testimony was a big loss for Trump and he's on the way out, while his supporters are laughing their ***'s off cause nothing came from this that they didn't already know.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-06-09 10:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh Pleebo it's still too early for the "victimization at the hands of Christians" card.
I'm sorry but Christians wiped out the entire European branch of my family.

I would say its too late.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-09 10:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You have to:

2) Lie

He did neither of those. You cannot prove that when he answered the question he was aware of that memo. This is where you a wrong, and right now being a total idiot.
Wait, did you just state that he wasn't under oath, nor did he lie?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-09 10:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

If its not useful to their immediate needs then it doesn't exist. If at some future date it becomes useful then it does exist then. This also applies to history, science, technology and all forms of government.

But yeah the Dems went into this with a "We're going to Impeach Trump!!!" and they came out with a huge *** nothing. The left media is going nuclear and rearranging / redefining words to make it look like the testimony was a big loss for Trump and he's on the way out, while his supporters are laughing their ***'s off cause nothing came from this that they didn't already know.
By observation today, it's not just the media that's stretching the testimony to fit their narrative.

Although, to be honest, it's hard to say what eliroo's narrative really is. Is it defense of Comey, or just wanting to argue with me? Could be both?
By eliroo 2017-06-09 10:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

One does not have to be a proven liar in order to be convicted of perjury.

Yeah KN, Nausi never "denies reality".

No one will try to prove that Comey committed Perjury, simply because they know he didn't by his wording. Keep trying to make him the enemy. Now obstruction of Justice is a Crime of Intent and you actually can make a Case that Trump attempted to obstruct justice. Will anyone do it? Probably not.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-09 10:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You have to:

2) Lie

It if doesn't agree with their beliefs then it didn't happen.

He never took the oath that's prescribed before any official testimony. He never made any contradictory statements after taking that oath, and nothing he said dispelled the Dem's established agenda that Trump is Hitler reincarnated.

At least that's what is running through their minds right now.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-06-09 10:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
religion fandom is a hobby.
religion fandom is a way of life.
By eliroo 2017-06-09 10:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You have to:

2) Lie

Corrected.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-09 10:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah KN, Nausi never "denies reality".
That's a mistake. Unless Nausi continues to follow that idea though.

Unlike the 3 mentioned, where they continuously argue their "mistake" as if the correction was never made.
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 79 80 81