Random Politics & Religion #24

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #24
Random Politics & Religion #24
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81
By Nausi 2017-06-14 20:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Vic, that doesnt make any sense.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-14 20:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
The desperation on he left is palpable. I can literally taste something.

DISCLAIMER : That something might be the beer im drinking outta this train from nyc)

Let's list what they have done. Call for impeach check. Shoot Republicans check. Russia fear/hysteria check. Only thing left to do is try to kill Trump.
By Nausi 2017-06-14 20:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I would predict soneone tries to do that soon, probably in cononcidence with the next "nothingburger" that cones out of the investigation.

Just like this shooting came out of the last nothingburger.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-14 20:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like the 1960s all over again. Endless craziness and will probably end with tragedy.
By Nausi 2017-06-14 20:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Except all the hatred in the 60s was based on real events. Not facts I don't like.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-14 20:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the thing Trump is the biggest threat to the establishment. So if he succeeds Congress will have to actually do something.
By Nausi 2017-06-14 20:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the odds that the shooter today had a "coexist" bumper stocker on his car?
By fonewear 2017-06-14 20:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It could be an elaborate suicide for all we know.
By Viciouss 2017-06-14 20:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
That is the thing Trump is the biggest threat to the establishment. So if he succeeds Congress will have to actually do something.

Congress did do something today, the Senate passed a tougher Russian sanctions passage, 97-2. Since Trump refuses to do anything.
By fonewear 2017-06-14 20:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

Congress did do something today, the Senate passed a tougher Russian sanctions passage, 97-2. Since Trump refuses to do anything.

Did they make Putin sit in the corner ?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-06-14 20:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know Bob Mueller was above the law. And I"m pretty sure Trump can still fire him if he wanted to.

Actually! He can't. The Deputy AG can fire Mueller but Trump can not directly. He can tell the DAG to fire him and then fire DAG if he doesn't comply then appoint a DAG that will. Rosenstein is already on the record that he won't fire him at Trumps request.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-06-14 20:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You are asking too much now fone.
By fonewear 2017-06-14 20:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You are asking too much now fone.

You said tough nothing is tougher than sitting in the corner.
By Nausi 2017-06-14 20:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course Trump hasnt done anything, Putin owns hkm.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-06-14 22:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump officially being investigated for possible obstruction

[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-14 22:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Trump officially being investigated for possible obstruction

A real Trump tweet would be more like. "Loser with a gun tries to kill Republicans ends up dying"
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-06-14 23:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

In non-Trump news

5 Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter in Flint Water Crisis

Quote:
Five officials in Michigan, including the head of the state’s health department, were charged on Wednesday. It is the closest investigators have come to directly blaming officials for the deaths and illnesses that occurred when a water contamination crisis enveloped this city.

Quote:
Nick Lyon, the director of the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, was charged with involuntary manslaughter and misconduct in office, felonies that could lead to as much as 20 years in prison. Dr. Eden V. Wells, the chief medical executive for the department, was charged with obstruction of justice and lying to a peace officer, and could face up to seven years if convicted. They are among 15 current and former state and local officials facing criminal charges as a 17-month investigation into Flint’s tainted water supply continues.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-06-15 00:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

How long does it take to investigate obstruction anyway? As much as I think this collusion nonsense has been drawn out, at least it makes sense that it would take a while to investigate shadowy dealings that don't exist. But obstruction?

Investigator: So, did he obstruct your investigation?
Witness: I dunno, maybe?
Investigator: Is it enough to prosecute him?
Witness: I dunno, maybe?
Investigator: Can you prove he ever said any of this?
Witness: Uhhh... no?
Investigation: Great! So we can all move along with our lives then.

But here's how I think it actually goes down:

Investigator: So, did he obstruct your investigation?
Witness: That's what I want to have happened.
Investigator: Is it enough to prosecute him?
Witness: Probably not, but it's worth a shot!
Investigator: Okay. I'll spend months putting together a team of lawyers and legal experts that are loyal to the previous president and deplete every resource available to see if we can force a case here. In the meantime, the media will sensationalize the accusation to increase public support. See you on the witness stand!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-15 02:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It took about a year and a half for the special committee on Watergate to release their report so... a while?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-15 05:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
It took about a year and a half for the special committee on Watergate to release their report so... a while?
There was also evidence that Nixon used multiple agencies to keep hidden the crooks who broke into the DNC.

While the only accusation of obstruction of justice comes from a fired employee who went beyond his duty several times in regards to his job, failed to maintain public relations in regards to his job, and openly opposed the PotUS before, during, and after his firing.

So, this "obstruction" investigation should be over in a day. But we all know it won't. Democrats/liberals have absolutely nothing, and even destroy their own narratives (Kushner anyone?) to try to take out Trump with the Russia collusion fantasy.

Or alternate reality in Pleebo's case.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-15 07:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that you at least you know of KN. Clearly someone ,with vastly more experience than you, thinks otherwise.
By eliroo 2017-06-15 07:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

English is hard before covfefe
By Nausi 2017-06-15 07:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leak is again, from "unnamed sources", so its not verified. Its facts I don't like until it isn't. The comey memo is still unverified, no one can find the document, and of course comey deleted it.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-15 07:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it is "facts I don't like" until proven false. We can, however, be skeptical of it for the time being.
By Nausi 2017-06-15 07:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Daily reminder: The left's pursuit of the facts I don't like that is the russian connection (that never hapened) has already gotten people killed.

How many more people need to die before they left accepts they lost?
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2017-06-15 08:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It appears to be so. He must have been a Storm Trooper in his past life.

Didn't he use an AR-15?

Pretty sure this dude fired his first gun yesterday.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-15 08:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
I didn't know Bob Mueller was above the law. And I"m pretty sure Trump can still fire him if he wanted to.

Actually! He can't. The Deputy AG can fire Mueller but Trump can not directly. He can tell the DAG to fire him and then fire DAG if he doesn't comply then appoint a DAG that will. Rosenstein is already on the record that he won't fire him at Trumps request.

The President can dismiss anyone in the executive branch, that's what being the elected head of the executive branch means.

Only Congress can bypass this and that's by appointing an special investigator themselves as part of an official congressional investigation. Doing that takes a majority vote, so like I said a literal act of congress.
By fonewear 2017-06-15 08:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

The President can dismiss anyone in the executive branch, that's what being the elected head of the executive branch means.

Only Congress can bypass this and that's by appointing an special investigator themselves as part of an official congressional investigation. Doing that takes a majority vote, so like I said a literal act of congress.

I hope Trump shuts down FFXIAH so I can finally go outside...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81