Random Politics & Religion #13

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #13
Random Politics & Religion #13
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 37 38 39
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-21 11:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
At least he gets ***done. Maybe not ethically or legally, but ***still gets done.

And the crux of most our disagreements summed up.

We'll forget that corruption in Russia makes anything any politician here as ever done look like flashing your *** for beads.
If the Russians didn't like the way Putin runs things, you think he would still be in power?

We can only answer for what we put into power. And this year, we have an unknown egotistical maniac vs. a corrupt, power-hungry blowhard.

Like it or not, we really *** ourselves over. But let Russia deal with Russia problems.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-21 11:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If that's the metric, then apparently Hillary is competing according to some people.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-21 11:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If the Russians didn't like the way Putin runs things, you think he would still be in power?

I think they liked what they saw when they put him there. What your day-to-day Russian on the street believes, I don't rightly know. I've heard varying reports. I know it's more dangerous to criticize the government there than here.

Quote:
We can only answer for what we put into power. And this year, we have an unknown egotistical maniac vs. a corrupt, power-hungry blowhard.

We're Americans. We won't answer for anything. That's the entire point of having a figurehead.

Quote:
Like it or not, we really *** ourselves over. But let Russia deal with Russia problems.

Agreed there. I wasn't suggesting we do anything about Russia at this point in time. We've got our own house full of rats and snakes.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-21 11:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
(need to find a pic of ace in the bathtub after the finkle is einhorn reveal)

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-10-21 11:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Parker... *** you rooks and your no editing posts!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-21 11:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they liked what they saw when they put him there. What your day-to-day Russian on the street believes, I don't rightly know. I've heard varying reports. I know it's more dangerous to criticize the government there than here.

You should only take what is reported by our media with a grain of salt. They are very anti-Putin that some believe him to be the Super Devil.

Quote:
Quote:

We're Americans. We won't answer for anything. That's the entire point of having a figurehead.

Agreed

Quote:
Quote:

Agreed there. I wasn't suggesting we do anything about Russia at this point in time. We've got our own house full of rats and snakes.
Problem is, nobody wants to do the obvious and get rid of their own personal rat/snake. It's always somebody else's fault.

Texans hate Reid and Peloski. Californians hate Cruz and McConnell. New Yorkers hate everyone. It's all a viscous cycle.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-21 11:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

New Yorkers hate everyone.

Huh. Whaddayaknow?

New Yorkers can be right about things sometimes.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-21 11:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You should only take what is reported by our media with a grain of salt. They are very anti-Putin that some believe him to be the Super Devil.

Not, specifically, referring to anything I've heard in the media. Actually, what I hear in the media tends to be very positive because my main source of Russian information from the media perspective comes from Russian athletes, who are always super-effusive in their praise of the motherland for various reasons both financial, professional, and patriotic.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-21 11:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

New Yorkers hate everyone.

Huh. Whaddayaknow?

New Yorkers can be right about things sometimes.
Rarely.

But outside their little bubble they consider the universe (within the NYC city limits), they don't care or give a ***about the rest of the world.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-21 11:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

But outside their little bubble they consider the universe (within the NYC city limits), they don't care or give a ***about the rest of the world.

Well, I mean. Isn't that what some people on the right want?

Extreme regional thinking/rights/etc.?

This sounds more and more like NYC should be a bunch of Tea Party fanatics...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-21 11:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Not, specifically, referring to anything I've heard in the media. Actually, what I hear in the media tends to be very positive because my main source of Russian information from the media perspective comes from Russian athletes, who are always super-effusive in their praise of the motherland for various reasons both financial, professional, and patriotic.
Who wants to be ostracized like Feyisa Lilesa? Poor guy still hasn't gone home in fear of being killed as soon as he steps off his plane.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-21 11:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I mean. Isn't that what some people on the right want?

Extreme regional thinking/rights/etc.?

This sounds more and more like NYC should be a bunch of Tea Party fanatics...
I can't speak for the Tea Party, but I highly doubt that's their endgame.

It's looking to be what the liberals want. I mean, who else has pushed for extreme regional thinking to be spread across the country more than they do? Or extreme takes on rights? Or having a ruling class in a small city in DC to dictate what you can do, say, or even sell in a town in Wyoming?

I could be wrong about the Tea Party though. They could just want the same type of power the liberal left is actually demanding.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-10-21 11:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What extreme takes on rights do liberals have?
By Ramyrez 2016-10-21 11:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be wrong about the Tea Party though. They could just want the same type of power the liberal left is actually demanding.

I think it's fairly clear that the Tea Party has always been the right wing version of the crazy left.

Enforcing their beliefs under the guise of freedoms, shying away (or even punishing) dissenting beliefs.

The different is the far left just admits they want the government to force their beliefs, whereas the Tea Party wants the government give freedom of choice for all...as long as you choose what they choose.

They're both *** wrong.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-21 11:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The vaccine *** comes to mind.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-21 11:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The right of choice. (you either choose to do what they want or they will take it away from you, like the choice of having health insurance or not, or the choice of where to send your children to school, or the choice to sell your products to people)
The right of religion. (I don't think I have to explain this one to you)
The right of wealth/creating success for oneself.
The right of owning a gun.
The right of saying what you want.

Mainly, the right to live life the way you want to live it. Liberals have given plenty of examples of taking away your ability to do whatever you want, and for them to micromanage your life, not their own. It's called being "politically correct."
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-21 11:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The vaccine *** comes to mind.

Organic/GMO nonsense. As-yet-unproven energy technologies. Lots of pseudoscience, faux-intellectual stuff. The left is not without their deep down crazies.

Frankly I find the backlash against the Dakota pipeline thing distasteful because of the hypocritical tack of "the land is sacred to the Native Americans."

*** off. Their sacred land isn't any more valid than the 10 Commandments in a courthouse. I don't think the pipeline is appropriate from an environmental standpoint, etc., but the outcry over sacred native land makes me scoff hard.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-21 11:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think the pipeline is appropriate from an environmental standpoint
See, that's a valid argument, but one so rarely made.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-10-21 11:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

To reiterate:

Nowhere in that post did I make the claim that Pleebo actually said that there was no corruption. However, I did state that he is clearly ignoring any negativity towards Clinton. He has never once even mentioned on Clinton's blatant corruption, except that it doesn't exist.

Hence, the quote.
To reiterate, don't fake posts of mine thanks.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-21 11:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Truth be told, we're a large country and disagreements are going to happen. We don't need laws telling us what we can think, but on most topics in government these days one (or both) major parties have stances that are far too oppressive/based in ideology that is borderline unconstitutional.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-21 11:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Truth be told, we're a large country and disagreements are going to happen. We don't need laws telling us what we can think, but we also do need laws stopping people from forcing their beliefs on others or using their beliefs to hurt others but on most topics in government these days one (or both) major parties have stances that are far too oppressive/based in ideology that is borderline unconstitutional.

You know, for once I meant to hit preview and still didn't. Erg.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-21 11:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't need laws telling us what we can think, but on most topics in government these days one (or both) major parties have stances that are far too oppressive/based in ideology that is borderline unconstitutional.
It's even worse when they are shoved down the throats of the American People with only one side voting for it, the other side voting against it, and still passes/gets signature from President.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-21 11:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Truth be told, we're a large country and disagreements are going to happen. We don't need laws telling us what we can think, but we also do need laws stopping people from forcing their beliefs on others or using their beliefs to hurt others but on most topics in government these days one (or both) major parties have stances that are far too oppressive/based in ideology that is borderline unconstitutional.

You know, for once I meant to hit preview and still didn't. Erg.
Sucks to be you.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-21 11:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's even worse when they are shoved down the throats of the American People with only one side voting for it, the other side voting against it, and still passes/gets signature from President.

That's just how government works. The checks and balances are there.

I mean, unless you have one branch of government refusing to do its job and thereby hindering another branch...
By Ramyrez 2016-10-21 11:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sucks to be you.

Narp. It's awesome being me.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-21 12:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That's just how government works. The checks and balances are there.

I mean, unless you have one branch of government refusing to do its job and thereby hindering another branch...
Doesn't give Obama the excuse to make unconstitutional executive orders and legislate around Congress.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-21 12:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't give Obama the excuse to make unconstitutional executive orders and legislate around Congress.

I'm not trying to give a zinger response here, so don't take it that way but...uh.

Yes it does. You know this Congress. If he was doing anything actually against the rules or outside of his power, they'd be doing something about it. They've blown a lot of smoke acting like they are for their constituents, but everything he's done has been within his power as the nation's top executive.

In a way, this Congress' obstinacy has enabled him to do this.

I think we can agree that this particular GOP iteration does not pick its battles well.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-10-21 12:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The right of choice. (you either choose to do what they want or they will take it away from you, like the choice of having health insurance or not, or the choice of where to send your children to school, or the choice to sell your products to people)
The right of religion. (I don't think I have to explain this one to you)
The right of wealth/creating success for oneself.
The right of owning a gun.
The right of saying what you want.

Mainly, the right to live life the way you want to live it. Liberals have given plenty of examples of taking away your ability to do whatever you want, and for them to micromanage your life, not their own. It's called being "politically correct."
So just more nonsense from you then... Ok...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-21 12:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not trying to give a zinger response here, so don't take it that way but...uh.

Yes it does. You know this Congress. If he was doing anything actually against the rules or outside of his power, they'd be doing something about it. They've blown a lot of smoke acting like they are for their constituents, but everything he's done has been within his power as the nation's top executive.

In a way, this Congress' obstinacy has enabled him to do this.

I think we can agree that this particular GOP iteration does not pick its battles well.
Actually, there's a reason why the Executive branch does not have the ability to write laws. I would have figured that you would have known that.

It doesn't matter that this Congress doesn't pass the types of legislation that Obama wants. They are doing exactly what they were elected to do. If Obama doesn't like the things that come out of Congress, it doesn't automatically give him the right to write the laws he wants instead.

And now, if Congress remains in the GOP's hands, and Clinton is elected, that means that the damage done by Clinton will be the absolute minimal. Assuming, that is, that she survives an impeachment and removal from office.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 37 38 39